Mergemons XY - Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion are Legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nasty Plot ludicolo with swift swim. Sounds vicious as hell.
Will drizzle/drizzle clones end up being banned? If not I'm making me a rain team. Great OM

Nasty Plot ludicolo with swift swim. Sounds vicious as hell.
Will drizzle/drizzle clones end up being banned? If not I'm making me a rain team. Great OM
Drizzle clones? What do u mean? If something is banned in OU, it is not banned here until I say it is. So that means that the Deoxys formes and Aegislash aren't banned (yet...)

The problem with Ludicolo is you have to set up rain switch to Ludicolo and them set up, that leaves you with not a lot of time to sweep, the rain sweeper that needs more attention is Shell smash Tornadus.

The problem with Ludicolo is you have to set up rain switch to Ludicolo and them set up, that leaves you with not a lot of time to sweep, the rain sweeper that needs more attention is Shell smash Tornadus.
D-don't reveal my other teammates!

Drizzle clones? What do u mean? If something is banned in OU, it is not banned here until I say it is. So that means that the Deoxys formes and Aegislash aren't banned (yet...)
Drizzle clones being drought/sand stream/snow warning.

So I just realized...
Mega Lopunny gets STAB Fake Out, Belly Drum, STAB Extreme Speed, and STAB Close Combat in Mergemons. And it gets Scrappy. Once it's released, it'll be like a combination of STABmons Diggersby and STABmons Kangaskhan. ON STEROIDS.
Fuck.

Edit: The set we should all fear
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber --> Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Fake Out / Ice Punch / Encore / Substitute

Last edited:
So I just realized...
Mega Lopunny gets STAB Fake Out, Belly Drum, STAB Extreme Speed, and STAB Close Combat in Mergemons. And it gets Scrappy. Once it's released, it'll be like a combination of STABmons Diggersby and STABmons Kangaskhan. ON STEROIDS.
Fuck.

Edit: The set we should all fear
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber --> Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Fake Out / Ice Punch / Encore / Substitute
It also gets HJK as a new move in ORAS(source: corocoro)

Guys, I was having a battle against Dark Mage Ewan and discovered that a set that I had deemed a gimmick is actually quite good. Meet SubBU Mawile.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Recover
- Play Rough

The set is self-explanatory. Sub up on something that can't break your subs or a switch, start Bulking Up, and eventually sweep with +6 Play Rough.

Guys, I was having a battle against Dark Mage Ewan and discovered that a set that I had deemed a gimmick is actually quite good. Meet SubBU Mawile.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Recover
- Play Rough

The set is self-explanatory. Sub up on something that can't break your subs or a switch, start Bulking Up, and eventually sweep with +6 Play Rough.
This is why you should carry Heart swamp Mandibuzz

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 191-225 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 712-838 (169.5 - 199.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 264-311 (76.7 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 191-225 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 712-838 (169.5 - 199.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 264-311 (76.7 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Check the EV spread
+6 8 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 520-613 (123.8 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 8 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 193-227 (50 - 58.8%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 8 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 193-228 (56.1 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 8 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 501-589 (124 - 145.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 8 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 233-274 (69.7 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 8 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 241-284 (68.4 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Still a powerhouse tho

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Rotom-H is just amazing in this meta, walling so many prominent threats its not even funny tbh.

I'm just gonna theory-mon a little bit, so yeah.
Aerodactyl gets head smash. Finally, I get my HO lead. :)

Mega Ampharos gets synthesis, so it finally can serve as the ultimate special tank with its amazing typing and now pretty reliable recovery.

Azelf has belly drum and with its high speed tier, say goodbye to stall.

Banette now has a much bigger movepool, getting stuff like knock off, superpower, play rough, aqua jet, belly drum, shell smash, head smash, the list goes on and on.

Bisharp gets aqua jet, earthquake, rock slide, and even power-up punch if thats your thing. It has serious 4mss now.

Bronzong has an amazing support movepool now that it has spore to put switch-ins to sleep, allowing it to reliably set up screens or rocks.

chandelure now has a massive movepool, borrowing everything from charizard and celebi; I am not even going to name all the moves it learns

Charizard has Boomburst now, but tbh it really doesn't matter, so don't talk about it.

Conkeldurr's movepool is huge, but the biggest note is the addition of Trick Room and destiny bond to its arsenal.

Darmanitan has dark void, drain punch, knock off, and a massive movepool to work with, and darm-z gets the same massive movepool as darkrai. These are fun to use. It also has both u-turn and volt switch which is kind of cool.

Diggersby gets a few new moves, such as the gimmicky trick room, diamond storm, stealth rock, and EXPLOSION. With stab huge power explosion, Diggersby can absolutely obliterate even bulky resists such as heatran: 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Explosion vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 325-383 (84.1 - 99.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Dragonite gains both play rough and waterfall, in addition to knock off and a ton of support moves from drapion.

Durant is really cool, gaining an absolutely massive movepool, with moves such as coil, aqua tail, poison jab, rock slide, earthquake, stealth rock, wild charge, destiny bond, fire punch, ice punch, shadow sneak, sucker punch, dynamic punch (ik hustle, but coil), power-up punch, and even metronome if you want to be cool.

Escavalier's lack of good moves is completely remedied, it getting sacred fire from entei as well as stone edge, extreme speed, and maybe crush claw to make a really good tank/assault vest set.

Garchomp gets fairy coverage finally with gunk shot, and can also run rock polish on its mega set to really destroy things. Its scarf set that to many was already perfect now gets trick, allowing it to cripple switch ins and with all the switches it forces it could be absolutely amazing.

Gardevoir now gets earth power to deal with heatran, and can use flamethrower/fire blast, surf, ice beam, sludge bomb, and a plethora of support moves, including acid armor to boost its very low defense stat.

Gengar gains access to genesect's amazing movepool, and changes as a result, being able to use things like bug buzz, charge beam, Ice beam, giga drain, flamethrower, and even techno blast.

Greninja is coverage-fest, gaining a massive movepool with moves such as earthquake, stone edge, ERUPTION, fire blast, solarbeam, close combat, dazzling gleam, play rough, shadow ball, thunderbolt, and seemingly infinite other options. Mixed sets will be extremely good from this thing, and specs eruption is very viable.

Gyarados gets belly drum if you want a gimmick. It gets bullet punch, fake out, and finally...knock off.

haxorus gets some great additions, including fire punch, knock off, sucker punch, acrobatics, high jump kick, and u-turn.

Hydreigon's already huge movepool doesn't have a ton of changes, but it does get SHELL SMASH to really give you problems

Medicham now gets swords dance, sucker punch, play rough, and everything else it already has with knock off. Its an absolute beast.

Mega Mawile gets fake out and BULLET PUNCH as well, making it even more deadly.

Talonflame finally has earthquake, which makes it an absolute nightmare to try to wall without air balloon tran. Oh wait, it even has brick break.

Volcanion with quiver dance will be even more dangerous than volcarona with its great defensive typing and the great coverage of its stabs.

There is a ton of other shit I didn't mention, including most defensive things, but this is the stuff that just kind of jumped off the page for me.

I don't know if anybody else noticed it how bout HJK haryiama or e-speed rampardos or even the fact that Kingler has access to waterfall/poison jab/iron head and access to both shift gear and Dragon dance....
/

Also nasty plot manectric and boomburst exeggutor caught my eye

Last edited by a moderator:
So as you all know, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S, Aegislash, and Mawilite have been banned to Ubers. Which is why I'm making a decision.

From now on, anything banned to Ubers after the Deoxys-D and Deoxys-S bans stays legal. However, they can only use their normal movepools. This means no Recover Aegi, no Bulk Up+Recover M-Mawile, and no Will-O-Wisp Deoxys-D.

Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)