1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Mergemons

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by simsims2800, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

I'd like to request Slowbro somehow not being paired with Slowking. I believe that causes exactly one entire nothing to occur, with a net gain of nadda.
  2. youngjake93

youngjake93

Nasty Plot for Slowbro.
  3. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Ah, your right. They are indeed different in a FEW ways. Nothing ground breaking, but not every mon can expect to become king of the meta. I suppose my unresearched outburst should be ignored then.
  4. PokemonMasterDebater

PokemonMasterDebater

A few new changes I noticed:
    • Kingler now gets Shift Gear and Wild Charge from Klinklang.
    • Liepard gets Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance from Lilligant.
    • Snorlax gets Sketch from Smeargle.
    • Magnezone gets Focus Blast and Fire Blast from Magmortar.
    • Togekiss gets Lava Plume, Shell Smash, and Earthquake from Torkoal.
    • Vaporeon gets Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder from Venomoth.
  5. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

Belly Drum Espeed Snorlax (yes Snorlax already has Belly Drum)
  6. The Reptile

The Reptile mfw
    is a Pre-Contributor

This makes Roserade slightly sad because it loses the great Special Movepool it had before (although now it has Recover and Will-o-Wisp, so defensive sets could work). However, Sableye has access to Prankster Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and (Toxic) Spikes. Emphasis on Sleep Powder. I want to get off Sableyes wild ride. Also, this make it like Froslass without the shitty Ice-typing and Prankster since it has Spikes. Leech Seed isn't as notable, since it already has Recover, but I guess it could be nice? You could give it Synthesis if you're certain you can keep Sun up or Worry Seed if you don't like people using other abilities, but the first 3 are the main thing it gets.
  7. Level 51

Level 51 by far the worst
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

This actually looks like a pretty cool meta, props on that!

Seviper/Sharpedo: +Sucker Punch, Aqua Tail, X-Scissor, Final Gambit
    Finally a bit more coverage for such a cool 'mon. Final Gambit could make it a pretty funny revenge killer!!
    Scizor/Scolipede: +Megahorn, Bulldoze, Payback
    Imagine Scizor actually doing reasonable damage to Jellicent and Heatran!!
    Xatu/Yanmega: +Stored Power
    Speed Boost + Stored Power. AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHA
    Maractus/Marowak: +Wood Hammer, Bullet Seed
    I guess it has more than one reason to use Rock Head now >_>
    Jellicent/Jolteon: +Water Spout, Ice Beam
    Jolteon in the rain: Thunder/Water Spout/Ice Beam/Filler which you won't use because everything's dead.
    Liepard/Lilligant: +Sleep Powder, Healing Wish
    I'm just glad there's Sleep Clause in place.

edit: uh sorry for the necro-ish bump >_<
  8. KeldeoDude

KeldeoDude

Zoroark gets Hydro Pump, Overheat, Leaf Storm, Thunder, Volt Switch. Can run a great expert belt.
    Heatran gets SEED FLARE. Water types are screwed.
    Jirachi gets V-Create, Dragon Dance, Extremespeed. Might run a good physical sweeper set with DD, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Filler? Or even a CB or Scarf set.
    Dark Void Cresselia is interesting.
  9. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Pokemon don't lose their old movepools. Roserade still has all of the stuff it had before, just with more moves and no illegalities.
    Earthquake > Technician Bulldoze unless you're going for the Speed drop specifically.
    lol
  10. AWailOfATail

AWailOfATail

I think The Reptile was referring to the old list, where Roserade was combined with Rhyperior, and without Rhyperior, Roserade has a slightly less enticing special movepool.
  11. Volty

Volty

My god......
    Leafshield likes this.
  12. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Oh, makes sense.
  13. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

Hmm, Snorlax could learn Lovely Kiss in Gen 2 (through event or something). If all move illegalities are now legal, then theoretically it could run:

Belly Drum/Lovely Kiss/Extremespeed/ Coverage (Crunch, Fire Punch or Earthquake, preferably the first two for gengar, and the last one for heatran). If it's counter is taken out, this thing can be pretty useful.
  14. nimbosa

nimbosa

things that caught my eye:

hide bc long (open)

magmortar/magnezone
    volt switch, flamethrower/fire blast, will-o-wisp

togekiss/torkoal
    shell smash, lava plume/flamethrower/fire blast/overheat, rapid spin

ninetales/ninjask
    agility, swords dance, baton pass, u-turn, grudge, will-o-wisp

mew/raikou
    nasty plot, baton pass, ice beam, flamethrower, surf

torterra/toxicroak
    sucker punch, drain punch, bulk up, wood hammer/seed bomb, leech seed, crunch

clefable/cloyster
    shell smash, rapid spin, spikes, toxic spikes, surf, softboiled

donphan/dragonite
    roost, dragon dance, thunder/fire punch, extremespeed, rapid spin, ice shard (though extremespeed will probably be better in almost all situations)

kabutops/kangaskhan
    rapid spin

deoxys/uxie
    spikes, recover

seismitoad/serperior
    surf, earth power

rayquaza/jirachi
    dragon dance, v-create/flamethrower/fire blast/overheat, ice beam, earthquake, stone edge, swords dance, waterfall, air slash, crunch, extremespeed, dragon tail, bulk up - basically any move jirachi could have ever wanted except recovery outside of wish

arceus/victini
    much the same as jirachi, except also recover, but jirachi still almost directly outclasses it now. STAB v-create i guess?

arcanine/archeops
    head smash, u-turn, roost, stone edge, earthquake, knock off, dragon tail, fly, acrobatics, flare blitz, close combat, crunch, extremespeed, wild charge

cresselia/darkrai
    will-o-wisp, dark void, nasty plot, taunt

castform
    /chandelure
    thunder(bolt), ice beam, hydro pump

glalie/gliscor
    spikes, avalanche/ice shard

reuniclus
    /rhyperior
    flamethrower/fire blast, ice beam, thunderbolt, trick room, recover

shuckle
    /sigilyph
    roost, trick room

other notable things that get shell smash: houndoom, golurk, machamp
    other notable things that get rapid spin: kangaskhan
    other notable things that get spikes: aerodactyl, gliscor
    other notable things that get quiver dance: mr. mime, vaporeon, volbeat (which also gives tail glow and baton pass to volcarona)
    other notable things that get trick room: azumarill, aggron, escavalier, gigalith, gyarados, spiritomb, gastrodon

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  15. simsims2800

simsims2800

Scrappy Rapid Spin. Crazy how you're the first to notice that...
  16. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Dark Void Cresselia. Could make for a good wall/status inducer. It also got Disable and Snarl which could make for some decent phazing.

Nasty Plot Hydreigon. Could be interesting, but nothing too special.

But my personal favorite: Shell Smash + Dynamic Punch + Earthquake + Inferno Machamp. Machamp could Shell Smash, then proceed to either A) easy KO with Dynamic Punch/Earthquake, or B) have a 100% chance to burn something with No Guard Inferno. He is one of the kings of status (also Yawn and Stealth Rock, too).
  17. PokemonMasterDebater

PokemonMasterDebater

Why not Stone Edge? That has much better neutral coverage, and gets it's accuracy boosted.
  18. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Ah yes, this is true. I guess I'm just used to the typical lack of accuracy and consistency.
  19. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

You have dynamicpunch :p. Stone Edge has better coverage with Fighting moves as well regardless of accuracy, while Ground/Fighting is redundant so I'd go with Stone Edge on that slot especially as Inferno is a special move.
  20. AWailOfATail

AWailOfATail

I'd just like to request that the legendaries not be paired up with each other. This causes:
    Ice Beam Keldeo
    Dark Void Cresselia
    Leech Seed Heatran

There's some regular Pokemon threats, but these legendaries will be so broken. I would consider putting the legendaries within the regular Pokes. (Then again, Keldeo has a chance of getting Kingdra. Draco Meteor Keldeo. Run for your lives.)
  21. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

Dragon moves mostly suck without STAB though, but I guess with a dragon move it can just run a fire move and it's STABs for unresisted coverage.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)