1. The moderators of this forum are Da Letter El, Blazade, shade, UncleSam, and zorbees.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Multifaction/FFA Meta Circus Mafia - C4

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Former Hope, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Former Hope

Former Hope The other side is waiting
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Approved by Shade

Blazade is cohost - please add myself and them to all discords/conversations/sheets

As the sun rose 3 factions emerged from their parents basements to duke it out. In one corner, the Mafia Faction stormed through, attempting to keep their strong arm on the circus. While the hipster kids, the Other Games faction stopped doing cat reveals to defend their tastes. Finally, the Tabletop faction rolled poorly and failed a diplomacy check so now they are here.

tl;dr: This is a 15 person multifaction with 3 public, uniformed factions. The Mafia faction, the Other Game faction (read: Walrus) and the Tabletop faction.

This game uses a unicycle format. 72 hours for C0, 48 for the rest.

In this game, information is everything. Being able to acquire it and protect your own is what's going to keep you alive. Furthermore, results may be intentionally false and the hosts may lie to you so the wise will trust their gut as much, if not more than what they get in results.

Game Mechanics (open)

Primary Mechanic
    For this game information is key, there are 4 major pieces of information: smogon username, alias, role name and faction. In order to use a faction kill, players must submit an alias as well as two of the other three pieces of information (two of faction/Smogon Username/role name) + alias for the kill to work.

For example, if you wanted to kill player A, you would submit: Faction kill Player A, role name: Dead Person, Faction: Dead memes

Actions
    In addition, when choosing a target for night actions, you may submit any amount of the other 3 major information pieces beyond what is required. It is public knowledge that there may be roles that punish you for not having all 4 key pieces of information attached to actions.

If an action fails, you will be notified as such, but not why it failed.

If an action has a limited use, or a cooldown and it fails, the game proceeds as if that action had been used and the use will be expended or the cooldown applied.

Faction Kills
    Each faction has a faction kill they can use once every 2 cycles (so one time during cycles 1 and 2, once during cycles 3 and 4, so it is possible to use a kill cycle 2 and cycle 3 in that fashion). If more than one person attempts to use the kill, it will fail.

Fake Claims
    In this game, certain players may be provided with safe fake claims in their role PMs. Provided with these safe claims are the win condition and any relevant faction information that the role would obtain if real. If you do not have a safe-claim, you may request one for a particular faction, but know that all of the best ones are already taken.

Rules (borrowed from Castlevania mafia (open)

Aliases/Lynching:

Each of you has an alias in addition to your role. This alias acts as an identity. Most actions in this game target aliases rather than users. When you lynch, you will vote to lynch an alias rather than a user. Please bold your lynch vote if you want it to be counted. At the end of each cycle, the aliases that voted for the day's lynch will be revealed in alphabetical order. Tie votes result in no lynch. There may or may not be effects which alter the vote total, and I will not reveal true vote counts. All aliases and roles will be randomly assigned.

Role PMs/Game Etiquette:

You may not copy and paste the full text of your role PM. You may not share screenshots of any kind. You may not add people to game related conversations without the consent of everyone currently in it (including me). You may not attempt to impersonate other users. You may paraphrase your role PM, describe flavor and abilities in your own words, copy/paste your win condition or role name verbatim, or fake logs with anyone. I reserve the right to make any assessment with regard to game ethics.

Add me to all Smogon Conversations related to this game that you create. Invite me to all discord servers, and all sheets (formerhope2@gmail.com)

Game Progression:

This game will be in Unicycle format. While typically lynch votes are cast during the day and roles are used during the night, we combine day and night into one cycle. You will cast a lynch vote for the cycle while submitting the action in your Role PM. First, the person with the most votes will be lynched, then "night" actions will resolve, players receive results, and the next cycle begins. With the exception of Cycle 0, all cycles will be 48 hours-ish.

Death and Communication:

This is an Outside Communication game, you may speak at any time in any venue, but we recommend finding players in #circus on the Social Forums Discord (ask if you don't have this). When you die there will be no wayhttp://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/create-thread to revive you, and you will no longer be able to talk to living players about the game.

Winning:

To win each faction must eliminate all other factions

Priority:

Is set before the game. You may ask me about priority, I will probably not answer.

Player list

People

1. Aura Guardian - Mafia 1/2 full inspector + reflexive invest + ability borrow
    2. Ditto
    3. Earlio
    4. Flyhn
    5. Gale Wing Srock
    6. Granny Pie
    7. Hitmonleet - Tabletop google sheet + alias manipulator
    8. ItzViper482 Haruno
    9. Martin
    10. MoodyCloud
    11. mxmts - Tabletop persuader + priority lower
    12. Paperblade - Other Game martyr + rouge and 1x paranoia
    13. Shubaka
    14. XnadrojX Tabletop tracker, silencer and faction backup
    15. zorbees

Aliases
    Anti-Pandering
    Boring and Uninspired
    Dead Mafia
    Free Real Estate
    Goblin Arrows
    League of Legend
    GOAT
    No Weebs Allowed
    Philosopher's Stone
    Rock Paper Scissors
    Survivor
    The Thing

Very Gewenty
    Wayne Bradierest
    World War 1

Sub List
    1. Lord Gaius
    2. Haruno
    3. Champ1604
    4. TonitheTourguide
    5. DLE
    6. Jalmont
    7. Ullar

Role Pms going out now. Please do not start until they have all been sent.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017 at 10:28 PM
    Granny Pie likes this.
  2. Former Hope

All role PMs are out. C0 beings now, no kills are in effect (lynch and otherwise). Cycle 0 ends Tuesday 11/14 at 6:00pm pst. (9:00pm est).
  3. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

Good luck, everyone.
    Granny Pie likes this.
  4. XnadrojX

XnadrojX

Posting this so it goes into my alerts.
  5. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator
    Circus Maximus Leader

There is an error here

How can the GOAT exist in a game with Haruno not on the player list
    Steven Snype, Haruno, Martin and 5 others like this.
  6. Granny Pie

Granny Pie

Lynch Free Real Estate
    :^)
  7. Gale Wing Srock

Gale Wing Srock

No lynching C0 and pls no Free Real Estate
  8. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

League of Legend... League of LEGEND S... SUB ME OUT OF THIS FARCE!
    Da Letter El and UncleSam like this.
  9. Former Hope

Correcting a typo: using a faction kill requires you to have an alias targeted as well as 2 of (Smogon username/Role name/Faction).
  10. XnadrojX

XnadrojX

How should be going around contacting people? Is Discord/PS the main mode of communication?
  11. shubaka17

shubaka17

discord is encouraged, esp the official social forums chan https://discord.gg/b4kDGTF

PS is for people who don't use discord and want to leave it up to chance

smogon PMs are for Old Gregg and nobody else p much
  12. Gale Wing Srock

Gale Wing Srock

Some nerds are not around anywhere :p
  13. MoodyCloud

MoodyCloud

If you are in this game please contact me on discord especially if you are part of the Other games faction. Sorting out our means of cleaning people while keeping aliases and rolenames hidden is our objective right now. I am also interested in getting diplomatic relations with other factions online asap so feel free to drop me a message.
  14. Former Hope

Dl is in 9 hours or so. Even if your idling your actions, please let me know
  15. Martin

Martin Like the hole in a doughnut
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributor

Yeah I'm having a p. hard time knowing who to contact and abt what so just anyone itg contact me plz either via discord or via smogon. Same kind of objectives as Moody; just looking to work out who I can trust and who I can't trust.
  16. Former Hope

17. Former Hope

As the dawn rises and the bloodshed begins, it seems like someone has decided they have better things to do. League of Legend is missing.

Otherwise, all results are out

It is now Cycle 1, this will end in ~48 hours on 11/16 at 6:30 pm pst (9:30 pm est)

Kills are now active. Each faction has one faction kill to use between Cycle 1 and Cycle 2.
  18. Granny Pie

Granny Pie

Shitty Tastes.
    Contact me over Discord.
  19. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Vote Dead Mafia
  20. Martin

Martin Like the hole in a doughnut
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributor

Still open for anyone to contact me; if I appear offline on Discord still do contact me and I'll reply whenever I get back on.
  21. Earlio

Earlio

All u REAL nerds contact me on discord (i'll get to u by next morning)
  22. Hitmonleet

Hitmonleet

Casual note: Nobody should use kills unless their faction has become organized and has fully agreed on the killer & target.
  23. Flyhn

Flyhn

Lynch Survivor

I shall not allow a game i'm in to exist as an alias other than mine >:T
  24. Gale Wing Srock

Gale Wing Srock

Lynch Survivor

lets start a wagon^
  25. Hitmonleet

Hitmonleet

Lynch Survivor

Sounds fine to me, with a name like "Survivor", it's practically asking for a C1 lynch.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)