Metagame Metagame Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty cool though. Pancham is a nifty little guy already. His semi-unique combo of Mold Breaker + Circle Throw totally negates Magic Guard, meaning that Abra will take hazards damage if it gets shifted in. It's cool for breaking sashes, albeit a bit niche. It's still a decent mon in the meta rn, Knock Off will just increase its viability even further.
Doesn't Mold Breaker not impact Magic Guard at all, even if you are phazing things in? I'm not 100% sure and Google really isn't helping.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fletchling gets nothing of note from the tutors, Snatch might be cool, but it isn't worth a slot, really.

Skrelp gets gunk shot -- a Physical set will certainly be on the cards once Adaptability is released

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Diggersby gets Knock Off, but not Bunnelby, gg.

I guess Knock Off Bunnelby was too much to ask for :(

Reactions: zbr

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
I'm actually very surprised we're only getting one more Stealth Rock user with this transition, I would have bet any amount of money on Bunnelby getting it.

Either way, I'm super excited for Pancham. Pancham was easily dealt the best hand here, with Drain Punch, Knock Off and Gunk Shot, some elemental punches, I can see it being very threatening.

A cool thing about Pancham, too, is its typing that gives it a key resistance to Knock Off. It's kind of like Scraggy, except it hits harder, has better coverage (Post-ORAS) and doesn't have Intimidate.

Which is fine, because Iron Fist-backed Drain Punch is super good. Scrappy is also good. I can see Gastly being incredibly scared of Pancham post-ORAS. If only it got Mach Punch.

Yeah pancham's gonna be really good. Parting shot is amazing, and now it has the offensive movepool to back it up.

Something that I noticed that will likely have a significant impact is Synthesis Pumpkaboo. Synthesis fixes the only problem with the best spinblocker in the tier by giving it reliable recovery.

One more thing - Ferroseed gets Knock Off now for some reason.

Tahu said:
One more thing - Ferroseed gets Knock Off now for some reason.
That's...silly? Ferroseed is so slow, so I can't imagine it abusing Knock Off, and most of its switch-ins don't really care about it.

Can Binacle learn Stealth Rock since Barbaracle can? If so, would anyone use it? Water/Rock is usually pretty good LC typing, and it also has SS. I guess it just gets outclassed by every other fossil with SS.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  1. Amaura: Iron Head, Earth Power, Magnet Rise, Iron Defense, Icy Wind, Aqua Tail, Zen Headbutt, Hyper Voice, Iron Tail, Snore, Water Pulse, Outrage, Stealth Rock, Endure
ill probably find a use for every single move at some point, but off the top of my head those were the really cool ones I found. Earth Power will be useful as a means to hit Pawniard that isn't useless in any other scenario (last hitting Abra's with HP Fight is still fun tho :^] ) as well as being a solid choice for Amaura. Magnet Rise means that Rindo Berry Amaura finds more use yetagain as an anti-lead against sun teams that run Diglett / Drilbur (easy outplays imo). Zen Headbutt allows physical Amaura to actually pose a threat (I suppose Aqua Tail too but lol Water coverage sucks) while Hyper Voice provides a more powerful option, yet I will still use Nature Power due to the insignificant power spike. Water Pulse is just a cool move in general, although will almost certainly be a filler move, seeing as Amaura now has Earth Power. A slash against Hyper Beam? Lastly Stealth Rock is p cool, although Amaura will most certainly not be a good user of it. Amaura should either be nuking things with Nature Power / Hyper Beam spam or luring in threats off specific team arch-types, not pivoting in and setting Stealth Rock.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
Well, I'll discuss some new tutor moves on Pokemon I run on a lot of my teams:

Croagunk and Mienfoo both get Bounce, which I think is pretty cool anti-Fighting utility. Bulky Foo can abuse Bounce quite nicely I think, since you can use its above average Speed to dodge certain attacks, plus there's not a lot in the meta that would want to switch into a Bounce; the only ones I can think of that would get free money off of switching to Bounce are Magnemite, Chinchou, and Tirtouga, but Tirtouga isn't very good at setting up against Mienfoo. Not sure if Croagunk will use it better, but it's an option.

Larvesta gets Zen Headbutt, which also helps it against fighting-types as extra coverage. Not sure if it's worth running over Wild Charge, but hey, it's there.

And some other interesting things:

Snubbull gets Heal Bell, which is super cool. Not sure if it'll make it more viable, but it's a neat support move that it can run on a support set with Super Fang.
All of those Pokemon had those moves already.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SORRY @8OUT THIS POST MY KEY8O@RD H@S 8ROKEn!!! .......... P@nch@m seems to 8e the most 8enefited from the tutors. p@rting shot + dr@in punch + knock off is gonn@ 8e @ gre@t set. if you're not 8othered @8out priority it's gonn@ 8e @ nice repl@cement to tim8urr for 8@l@nced te@ms with set-up sweepers. @m@ur@ @lso seems gre@t now its not completely w@lled 8y chinchou with its speci@l set. Chespin gets dr@in punch which is cool. Ink@y now h@s knock off which slightly improves it. Other th@n th@t, I didnt see @nything else. the met@ shouldnt ch@nge too much 8esides p@nch@m 8eing @round more.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Inkay still sucks don't bother using it.
I mean yeah being x4 weak to Bug and kinda slow is a turn off as well as having no resists. . .

BUT

Inkay is still a reliable TR set up mon with an odd STAB combo, has a good slew of status moves like Destiny Bond and the dreaded Topsy Turvy ( Lets hype Scarf / Evio Topsy Turvy to fuck with boosting walls and set up sweepers also there's knock off which fudges everyone with an item in lc )

Not the best in LC but dont count him out yet!

Reactions: nv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)