1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Metagame Proposal: Gen 5 Plus Fairies

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Keldeo DeArtagnan, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keldeo DeArtagnan

Keldeo DeArtagnan

This is exactly what it sounds like.

Changes:
    Pokemon typings are as they would be in Gen 6.
    Existing moves that become Fairy type in Gen 6 are Fairy type. New moves from Gen 6 won't be added.
    Mewtwo's new form won't exist, since it's not in gen 5.

I can't remember what Fairy types are weak or strong against, but I'm sure they've revealed it already. These above rules aren't set in stone, so if they seem unreasonable I'm willing to compromise.
  2. wiithepeople

wiithepeople

This is very interesting to me. However, I would wait until we have more information on the type, as well as what old pokemon possess this new type first. On the plus side, it would be great as a beta test for Showdown.
  3. Keldeo DeArtagnan

Keldeo DeArtagnan

Just noticed you need to ask one of the forum mods before you can post threads such as this. I don't know how to close the thread though.
  4. BlankZero

BlankZero

Send a VM or PM to Arcticblast or Joim and ask them to approve it. If they don't like it, they'll lock it for you.

Also, Fairy types have super limited info atm, making this more Theorymonning than an actual Metagame.
  5. Arcticblast

Arcticblast LOL STAFF FAG
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

I will be happy to approve this thread once we know Fairy's other type interactions. Seeing if the Fairy type is as good of a balancing act as it was said to be at E3 will be interesting, especially in today's Dragon-centric metagames!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)