1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Metagame Proposal: Multibilitymons

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by sadoldpoygon22, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadoldpoygon22

sadoldpoygon22

Imagine a metagame where all abilities are released, and where Pokemon with more than one possible ability get ALL of their abilities. Pokemon like Conkeldurr and Ursaring will improve greatly, and many others. Here are the rules and changes:
    Regular Bans as OU (excluding Moody)
    Entrainment Role Play and Simple Beam Ban

Please tell me if anything should be changed about it, especially if there has been a metagame made like this before.
  2. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

I always did want MoxieIntimidate...
  3. Laga

Laga Thank u based danish pastry
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
    Mentor

This sounds like a very cool metagame, but did you get it approved by an OM moderator? If so, put a little Approved by (Moderator's name) at the top of your thread, because..

well, rules :p
  4. PokemonMasterDebater

PokemonMasterDebater

I suspect that you haven't gotten this approved yet. Make sure to PM Arcticblast or another mod for the OM forum to get threads approved before posting. If you did get this approved, edit in a message saying so in the OP.

This idea is cool, but may not be completely practical on the coding side. Unless I am mistaken, the PS teambuilder only allows for one ability on a Pokemon to be used. So to get around that, either the PS staff would have to rework their program to allow for multiple abilities (not likely), or you would have to code new intrinsic abilities that have all of the effects of a Pokemon's normal abilities, for just about every single species of Pokemon. While definitely possible, that would take some time and effort to code.

Also, what were you planning on doing about unreleased hidden abilities?

What about MoxieIntimidateShedskin?
    [​IMG]
  5. Infernis

Infernis

Why is Mold Breaker banned? Rivalry/Unnerve/Mold Breaker Haxorus doesn't seem all that different from normal Mold Breaker Haxorus. Sawk could use Mold Breaker along with Sturdy, but I'm not sure that alone would break his usage in such a metagame. I guess there could be mechanical issues with ignoring two or three abilities at once?

Also, Poison Heal/Technician/Effect Spore Breloom is going to be monstrous to take down. That'd be fun.
  6. Heroes and Cons

Heroes and Cons

Poison Heal Technician Breloom, with Effect Spore to hinder most physical attackers? That sounds broken as all hell.

Also, Moxie Guts Heracross. Holy hell.

I hope this gets approved though, sounds awesome. I don't understand why Mold Breaker is banned though, at all, OR why Moody ISN'T banned. Qutie frankly, moody users will be even MORE dangerous with their extra abilities helping them, especially Bibarel. Moody should remain banned.
  7. sadoldpoygon22

sadoldpoygon22

Well I am very sorry, but this thread is acting as a proposal to get approved. Thanks for telling me it is supposed to be approved from a PM by ArcticBlast first.

For the multiple abilities problem: Go to Export/Import in Team Builder and add all of the non-banned abilities as text in this order: Technicain/Poison Heal/Effect Spore. So that answers your question on how that would be solved.
  8. PokemonMasterDebater

PokemonMasterDebater

I tried testing that method with a friend, but only one ability would work, the other's were ignored. If there is a way to make that work that you have tested, please export a team that has all of its abilities, then post it here so that I can test that as well.
  9. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Great Sage x Cathy is my OTP
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Other Metas Leader

I need to add a sticky saying "do not request this, it can't be done."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)