Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
< Shiny Shift >

< Metagame Premise >
Shiny Shift is an OU based Metagame where every Shiny Pokémon has its stats reversed from its normal counterpart. The formula for each stat is {[(1 ÷ Original Stat) x (BST)] ÷ [(1 ÷ HP) + (1 ÷ Atk) + (1 ÷ Def) + (1 ÷ SpA) + (1 ÷ SpD) + (1 ÷ Spe)]}. You can find a calculator I've made for the stats by clicking here. This opens up oportunities for Pokémon with offensive inclined abilities or typings but with defensive stats, or Pokémon with defensive inclined abilities or typing but with offensive inclined stats. Let's use Hawlucha for example:

78 / 92 / 75 / 74 / 63 / 118 (500 BST)

These Hawlucha's regular stats, however, by applying the formula above, a shiny Hawlucha would have the following stats:

85.602 / 72.576 / 89.026 / 90.229 / 105.983 / 56.584 (500 BST)

Since there are no decimal stats in Pokémon, the stats with higher decimal numbers are rounded up and the stats with lower decimal numbers are rounded down to make the shiny's BST identical to its counterpart (if this method still doesn't solve the problem, the order for rounding up -> down becomes HP > Atk > Def > SpA > SpD > Spe). So these are Shiny Hawlucha's brand new stats:

86 / 72 / 89 / 90 / 106 / 57 (500 BST)

As you can see, Hawlucha's stats look quite different! This Pokémon wouldn't really be competitively viable, but in the next section you'll see Pokémon that can utilize their shiny forme way better than Hawlucha can!

As for Pokémon that change formes mid battle, their net changes is calculated separately, by using the formula: (BST change ÷ 2.5 - Stat change) where HP does not apply and remains the same way it is before the calculation, if you don't get it, please use the calculator to get an idea. As for Shedinja its HP is locked as 1 HP. Finally, each Zygarde forme is treated separately and the HP change acts just as Power Construct implies.

< Potential Bans and Threats >
For now OU bans only, I don't think unbanning or quick banning anything is the right way to go, as play testing is necessary to deem something broken or not (in most cases at least..). Also, in case it wasn't clear yet, regular formes are allowed just like their shifted versions, and unobtainable shines are made obtainable. Either way, here are a couple of threats;

46 / 92 / 57 / 77 / 57 / 92

Azumarill is even bigger of a monster then it was before, it has a tremendously high Attack stat after Huge Power, and decent Speed to make use of it. Water / Fairy is also a glorious typing. On the other hand, it suffers from having its decent 100 / 80 / 80 bulk turn into a terrible 46 / 57 / 57, making it extremely frail.

93 / 150 / 75 / 75 / 37 / 150

Regice turns into a surprisingly powerful late game cleaner / wallbreaker / revenge killer. 150 base Attack when coupled with 150 base Speed already makes it a huge threat but when you add that it gets Thunder Punch for BoltBeam coverage as well as Earthquake for Steel-types its clear how powerful this is. On the flip side, it is Stealth Rock weak, and its Special Defense is quite mediocre if you ask me.

102 / 102 / 107 / 74 / 102 / 92

Zapdos finally gets the defensive-ish spread it always wanted! 102 / 107 / 102 bulk allows it to make amazing use of its amazing defensive typing and defensive ability and allow it to become a Bulky Offense staple!

109 / 36 / 49 / 109 / 208 / 59

Kartana is now the new Chansey, literally! Look at that Special Bulk! Okay, Chansey has more, but Kartana here has a much better defensive typing and is an amazing Defogger, and just like Chansey it has reliable recovery to stay healthy throughout a match. Also, let me drop a funny calc here:

252 SpA Choice Specs Non-Shiny Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shiny Kartana: 164-196 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

< Questions for the Community >
- Will regular Pokémon be able to compete with their Shifted counterparts?
- What kind of play style seems more viable in this Metagame?
- Do you think the method of inverting stats is good? I tried averaging the stats and adding the difference between the original stat but some 'mons like Shuckle would end up with negative stats...​

Last edited:
Wishiwashi has 162/52/56/52/54/244 as a school, but 16/35/35/28/28/23 when it drops to solo. If Zygarde gains HP when Power Construct triggers, is this form change supposed to cause Wishiwashi to lose 292 HP when it takes place, invariably killing it? Not that anyone's going to use Wishiwashi here except for situations where you absolutely "gotta go fast".

Shuckle ends up with 55/110/5/110/5/220, which...probably isn't enough to function as a reasonable attacker. The high speed and Sturdy will of course let it fire off two hazard moves or something.

Shedinja gets the extremely awkward spread of 210/2/5/7/7/5. It doesn't even get to take advantage of that HP, either.

Mega Camerupt gets 282 speed, so do you need to adjust the formula to bound things like that?

Rhyperior (55/45/48/115/115/157) finally gets to use its Starmie-esque special movepool like...well, Starmie!

Yes, and the premise of the rearrangement there is "in absolutely all cases, the BST should remain the same, to the point of accounting for how many stats get to take advantage of remainders and rounding up". Following that up with "oh but Mega Camerupt loses 27 points without reimbursement because of the way the shuffle is done" is highly discordant with the care taken to preserve BSTs on everything else, so perhaps the better modification to the formula would be "if the formerly-lowest stat would be adjusted to a value above 255, only take 255 from the pool and leave the other stats to allot whatever's left the same way".

Yes, and the premise of the rearrangement there is "in absolutely all cases, the BST should remain the same, to the point of accounting for how many stats get to take advantage of remainders and rounding up". Following that up with "oh but Mega Camerupt loses 27 points without reimbursement because of the way the shuffle is done" is highly discordant with the care taken to preserve BSTs on everything else, so perhaps the better modification to the formula would be "if the formerly-lowest stat would be adjusted to a value above 255, only take 255 from the pool and leave the other stats to allot whatever's left the same way".
Yeah that's a great solution already! Thanks for the input, as for Shedinja, it'll be hard coded to only have one HP, that way, shifting only its other stats. About Wishiwashi, I really don't know what to do, maybe keep the scale of the HP, but it still doesn't really feel right tho... If anyone has any better solution feel free to say it, btw

Edit: Actually, When Zygarde Complete goes back to 50% its HP value is kept the same while only its max HP changes, so same thing would apply for Wishiwashi, that way, it gains HP from falling below a quarter of its health. Well, that at least solves the issue for Megas, but I just realized that Schooling would change it back to School Form when it transforms, so that's not an option either. Maybe I can make the HP keep the percentage when changing formes, and that Zygarde rule only applies to Zygarde. Yeah, I think that this is the best option yet, but please give your inputs.

Edit 2: Another option is to make Pokemon that change HP have their HP locked, just like Shedinja. That way, it is much simpler.

Last edited:
Yeah that's a great solution already! Thanks for the input, as for Shedinja, it'll be hard coded to only have one HP, that way, shifting only its other stats. About Wishiwashi, I really don't know what to do, maybe keep the scale of the HP, but it still doesn't really feel right tho... If anyone has any better solution feel free to say it, btw

Edit: Actually, When Zygarde Complete goes back to 50% its HP value is kept the same while only its max HP changes, so same thing would apply for Wishiwashi, that way, it gains HP from falling below a quarter of its health. Well, that at least solves the issue for Megas, but I just realized that Schooling would change it back to School Form when it transforms, so that's not an option either. Maybe I can make the HP keep the percentage when changing formes, and that Zygarde rule only applies to Zygarde. Yeah, I think that this is the best option yet, but please give your inputs.

Edit 2: Another option is to make Pokemon that change HP have their HP locked, just like Shedinja. That way, it is much simpler.
Pretty much every stat scaling meta locks the HP of things like Wishiwashi and Megas, so IMO that's definitely the route to take if this indeed becomes a meta.

< Shiny Shift >

< Metagame Premise >
Shiny Shift is an OU based Metagame where every Shiny Pokémon has its stats reversed from its normal counterpart. The formula for each stat is {[(1 ÷ Original Stat) x (BST)] ÷ [(1 ÷ HP) + (1 ÷ Atk) + (1 ÷ Def) + (1 ÷ SpA) + (1 ÷ SpD) + (1 ÷ Spe)]}. You can find a calculator I've made for the stats by clicking here. This opens up oportunities for Pokémon with offensive inclined abilities or typings but with defensive stats, or Pokémon with defensive inclined abilities or typing but with offensive inclined stats. Let's use Hawlucha for example:

78 / 92 / 75 / 74 / 63 / 118 (500 BST)

These Hawlucha's regular stats, however, by applying the formula above, a shiny Hawlucha would have the following stats:

85.602 / 72.576 / 89.026 / 90.229 / 105.983 / 56.584 (500 BST)

Since there are no decimal stats in Pokémon, the stats with higher decimal numbers are rounded up and the stats with lower decimal numbers are rounded down to make the shiny's BST identical to its counterpart (if this method still doesn't solve the problem, the order for rounding up -> down becomes HP > Atk > Def > SpA > SpD > Spe). So these are Shiny Hawlucha's brand new stats:

86 / 72 / 89 / 90 / 106 / 57 (500 BST)

As you can see, Hawlucha's stats look quite different! This Pokémon wouldn't really be competitively viable, but in the next section you'll see Pokémon that can utilize their shiny forme way better than Hawlucha can!

Also, before you ask, Pokémon that change form mid-battle have each form calculated separately, so Mega Stones don't like Mix and Mega.

< Potential Bans and Threats >
For now OU bans only, I don't think unbanning or quick banning anything is the right way to go, as play testing is necessary to deem something broken or not (in most cases at least..). Also, in case it wasn't clear yet, regular formes are allowed just like their shifted versions, and unobtainable shines are made obtainable. Either way, here are a couple of threats;

46 / 92 / 57 / 77 / 57 / 92

Azumarill is even bigger of a monster then it was before, it has a tremendously high Attack stat after Huge Power, and decent Speed to make use of it. Water / Fairy is also a glorious typing. On the other hand, it suffers from having its decent 100 / 80 / 80 bulk turn into a terrible 46 / 57 / 57, making it extremely frail.

93 / 150 / 75 / 75 / 37 / 150

Regice turns into a surprisingly powerful late game cleaner / wallbreaker / revenge killer. 150 base Attack when coupled with 150 base Speed already makes it a huge threat but when you add that it gets Thunder Punch for BoltBeam coverage as well as Earthquake for Steel-types its clear how powerful this is. On the flip side, it is Stealth Rock weak, and its Special Defense is quite mediocre if you ask me.

102 / 102 / 107 / 74 / 102 / 92

Zapdos finally gets the defensive-ish spread it always wanted! 102 / 107 / 102 bulk allows it to make amazing use of its amazing defensive typing and defensive ability and allow it to become a Bulky Offense staple!

109 / 36 / 49 / 109 / 208 / 59

Kartana is now the new Chansey, literally! Look at that Special Bulk! Okay, Chansey has more, but Kartana here has a much better defensive typing and is an amazing Defogger, and just like Chansey it has reliable recovery to stay healthy throughout a match. Also, let me drop a funny calc here:

252 SpA Choice Specs Non-Shiny Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shiny Kartana: 164-196 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

< Questions for the Community >
- Will regular Pokémon be able to compete with their Shifted counterparts?
- What kind of play style seems more viable in this Metagame?
- Do you think the method of inverting stats is good? I tried averaging the stats and adding the difference between the original stat but some 'mons like Shuckle would end up with negative stats...​
I like this idea a lot. Here's some things I found just looking around:

It got too long because I found more stuff lol

122 / 47 / 104 / 84 / 93 / 104
A Ghost-type wall that doesn't get obliterated by Knock Off. That's a refreshing sight. Also, it's one of the faster Prankster users, so you're attacks are going to go off. The drastic power loss kinda sucks, though, but Calm Mind + Pain Split is a thing.

101 / 74 / 108 / 74 / 108 / 71
Infernape has the movepool to be a good defensive mon, with moves like Slack Off, Stealth Rock, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Roar, and Encore, as well as a slower U-Turn. Heck, you could go the offensive route with Bulk Up or Calm Mind.

123 / 75 / 101 / 91 / 115 / 66
Pretty decent defensive typing, with only 2 weaknesses, good 123/101/115 bulk, and Roost, Nature's Madness, Taunt, Roar, screens, and a slow U-Turn/Volt Switch makes Tapu Koko an interesting defensive mon. Plus, Electric Surge makes Tapu Koko not sleep fodder, which is nice. Also, Tapu Koko has a similar special attack stat, so Calm Mind is certainly an option.

128 / 61 / 89 / 154 / 87 / 62
Hmm.
Lopunny's special movepool is amazing and 128/89/87 bulk is nowhere near bad, but I still don't exactly know what to think.

99 / 126 / 101 / 70 / 101 / 84
So, you're telling me that Keldeo can be the amazing Special Attacker that it was while also being able to be an amazing bulky physical attacker, too? Crazy. I mean, it gets Swords Dance, Aqua Tail, Close Combat, and a coverage move of your choice in X-Scissor, Poison Jab, and Stone Edge (and Bounce and Giga Impact for cheeky Z-Move shenanigans).

145 / 159 / 122 / 45 / 76 / 53
Alright, we have 145/122/76 bulk + Alazakam's bottomless physical movepool + 159 Attack + Recover? We have a monster on our hands, especially in Trick Room

70 / 144 / 163 / 60 / 58 / 74
Choice Scarf + Head Smash + Beast Boost = Profit.
Also, that physical bulk is ridiculous

71 / 122 / 58 / 91 / 58 / 146
Finally, Mega Audino can be useful. Audino has a deep physical movepool, and while it lacks Play Rough, it comes with a lot of fun moves, including but not limited to: Double-Edge, Drain Punch, Low Kick, the Elemental Punches, Knock Off, Zen Headbutt, and Iron Tail. It's frail as heck now, though, but you may be able to take advantage of that with Pain Split

79 / 75 / 75 / 101 / 79 / 101
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, POLIWRATH CAN BE A SPECIAL ATTACKER NOW. FINALLY, IT'S MOVEPOOL CAN ACTUALLY BE USED!... I mean, it's not the greatest, but 101 / 101 is good enough, especially since it outspeeds base 100s. Hydro Pump, Focus Blast, Ice Beam, Vacuum Wave, and Psychic can now finally do some actual damage coming from this thing.

(Super)
74 / 62 / 51 / 108 / 83 / 116
Gourgeist-Super @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Psychic
- Trick-or-Treat (Z-Move: All stats +1 + Adds Ghost-typing)
Any questions?

Last edited:
The formula for each stat is {[(1 ÷ Original Stat) x (BST)] ÷ [(1 ÷ HP) + (1 ÷ Atk) + (1 ÷ Def) + (1 ÷ SpA) + (1 ÷ SpD) + (1 ÷ Spe)]}.​
May I propose a much simpler formula that reverses stat spread while saving BST? You could use New Stat = BST ÷ 3 - Original Stat

Edit: also if you take Whammerist's proposal to lock HP, the formula would be New Stat = (BST - HP) ÷ 2.5 - Original Stat

May I propose a much simpler formula that reverses stat spread while saving BST? You could use New Stat = BST ÷ 3 - Original Stat

Edit: also if you take Whammerist's proposal to lock HP, the formula would be New Stat = (BST - HP) ÷ 2.5 - Original Stat
As I've said in the post, I tried exactly that, but Shuckle would end up with negative defenses and some other bizzare stats even more min maxed stats would happen. What I used for the formula may just seem like a bunch of random numbers, but all I did was (1/original stat) and the rest is scaling up to match the original stat.

I love the idea of Shiny Shift. Just did another calculation, and here it is!

Shiny Sylveon
74 / 108 / 108 / 67 / 58 / 106
A fast physical attacker with Pixilate? Huzzah! Sylveon actually gets a somewhat decent movepool on the physical side, so that's pretty cool.

click here for the updated calculator, also updated on my og post.

Okay guys, uploaded the formula. Now, Shedinja and forme changing Pokémon have separate sections for them. But if your curious, the formula is explained on my og post, this also fixes Mega Camerupt's issue, because its Speed stat is now 193 or 194 (not patient enough to round it rn). So Mega Camerupt, Shedinja and Megas are all dealt with. However, if you spot a Pokémon with any stat > 255, please tell me :)

As I've said in the post, I tried exactly that, but Shuckle would end up with negative defenses and some other bizzare stats even more min maxed stats would happen. What I used for the formula may just seem like a bunch of random numbers, but all I did was (1/original stat) and the rest is scaling up to match the original stat.
Well, it seems to me that min-maxing depends on a pokemon. Shuckle is more min-maxed by using this formula, but for example Kartana doesn't get anywhere near 208 SpD. Also negative/too big stats are simply dealt with by assigning 1 or 255 to them, that's how it works in every stat-changing meta. Any redistribution just complicates calculations.

Munchlax ends up with 278 speed, and Pyukumuku with 289; those are the only cases of stats above 255 with the new formula. It takes an absurdly low stat (even 20 is too high) such that it's the only stat that comes anywhere near that low, as opposed to things like Chansey and Shuckle who have multiple low stats, forcing the points to divvy out among themselves.

Munchlax ends up with 278 speed, and Pyukumuku with 289; those are the only cases of stats above 255 with the new formula. It takes an absurdly low stat (even 20 is too high) such that it's the only stat that comes anywhere near that low, as opposed to things like Chansey and Shuckle who have multiple low stats, forcing the points to divvy out among themselves.
Thanks for calculating this, it really saved some time :)

About Munchlax and Pyukumuku, though, should I cap off their Speed as 255 and redistribute the stats proportionally, or should I lock the Speed of base 5> stats as a whole, that way they enter the same exception made for Shedinja? I'm leaning slightly towards the latter, but I'd really appreciate feedback on it!

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

New Stats: 73 | 71 | 57 | 100 | 36 | 118

Araqua becomes a speedy special attacker. And anyone who knows Water Bubble knows 100 is more than enough to deliver strong attacks. Only downside is that it's Special coverage consists of basically Surf/Scald, Ice Beam and Hidden Power of choice. But with a Specs, Surf is more than enough to do some damage at the least.

BalanceMons

Metagame premise
: Every Pokémons stat spread is equally divided from its BST.
Potential bans and threats:
Possible bans: The Chansey line, Shuckle, Azumarill, possibly Kyu-B.
Threats: Most mons with lackluster speed and insane attack. Mega Heracross is going to be a straight monster.
Questions for the community: Should it be OU or Ubers-based? Is it too similar to AverageMons?

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
BalanceMons

Metagame premise
: Every Pokémons stat spread is equally divided from its BST.
Potential bans and threats:
Possible bans: The Chansey line, Shuckle, Azumarill, possibly Kyu-B.
Threats: Most mons with lackluster speed and insane attack. Mega Heracross is going to be a straight monster.
Questions for the community: Should it be OU or Ubers-based? Is it too similar to MediocreMons?
isn't this just averagemons? or am I missing something

Ooh I really like the idea of shiny shift, should have lots of cool pokes

Here's alot of mons I looked up because I have no life
Blissey @ Silk Scarf
8/222/222/29/16/40
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

Has the hp and defense of a shuckle, a spdef worse than kartana, and an attack of a mawile. Very polarized stats
Probably not gonna be that good because of the speed but eh, could work in trick room

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
100/45/70/201/76/107
Ability: Skill Link
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Struggle Bug

Uh I mean, u do have one of the highest special attack in the game, too bad ur special movepool is nonexistent

Mantine @ Life Orb
67/142/81/71/40/81
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Roost / Rock Slide

This screams one thing, swift swim sweeper, surprisingly Mantine has a very deep physical movepool for a wall

Togekiss @ Choice Band
89/151/79/63/65/94
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Aerial Ace
- Smart Strike
- Drain Punch

Togekiss gets a hell lot better, with its expansive move pool + hustle + its new attack and speed = recipe for success
Sure it doesn't have the best physical move pool, but it has just enough for it to be great

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
86/92/98/55/98/50
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Salazzle can now make use of its excellent ability and its newfound 86/98/98 bulk to toxic everything in sight. too bad it doesn't have any type of recovery tho

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
102/91/72/79/81/52

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Cotton Guard
- Moonblast
- Taunt

Whimsicott is another poke that benefits from this, with its new good 102/72/81 defenses, it can finally make use of its ability prankster without dying to literally any hit, funny thing is it doesn't care about the huge speed drop thanks to its ability

Espeon @ Leftovers
108/108/117/54/73/63
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Charm
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
- Zen Headbutt

Espeon actually becomes a good magic bouncer with its 108/117/73 bulk it can perform a pseudo sableye set its this set, too bad it's still major dark bait

Magearna @ Assault Vest
110/99/82/72/82/145
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I mean yea magearnas special attack gets a lot worse, but can u see that speed?? Plus it's bulk is still good. As a sweeper mag gets worse but as an av pivot Magearna becomes better than ever before

Pangoro @ Leftovers
67/51/82/92/90/110
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
Wow a parting shot user who's not complete garbage, how interesting. Nothing much to say has a decent movepool + A great ability

Cresselia @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
78/134/78/125/72/110
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonlight / Ice Beam

Cresselia loses some bulk to gain a great speed tier + a decent special attack, and it can utilize a 3 attacks + moonlight similar to uh, zapdos?

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
128/59/64/138/89/119
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ominous Wind / Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Flash Cannon / Roost

This is my favorite, you no longer have to fear burns, no longer will u be walled by toxapex and celesteela forever and forced out by threats such as gren, plus vaccum wave + ominous wind have perfect coverage, and they're both boosted by technician. Neat!

Draglage @ Life Orb / Waterium Z
93/81/67/62/49/138
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Gunk Shot
- Outrage
- Play Rough

Adaptability + decent dual stabs and it has decent coverage and amazing speed, seems decent

Toxapex @ Life Orb
102/81/33/96/35/145
Ability: Merciless
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Wave
Uhh I mean toxapex can be a good merciless sweeper if u manage to put down toxic spikes? Nothing much to say, just wanted to show people merciless can be used somehow

Carbink @ Life Orb
107/107/35/107/35/107
Diancie
@ Life Orb
163/81/54/81/51/163
Ability: Clear Body
- Earth Power
- Power Gem
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
I mean, if u miss mega diancie u can either one of these pokes terrible choice tho, just wait for diancie mega

Last edited:
I love the idea of Shiny Shift. Just did another calculation, and here it is!

Shiny Sylveon
74 / 108 / 108 / 67 / 58 / 106
A fast physical attacker with Pixilate? Huzzah! Sylveon actually gets a somewhat decent movepool on the physical side, so that's pretty cool.
Sylveons physical movepool consists of return, quick attack, and iron tail lul

edit: anyway this seems like a good meta. Definitely submit it, but i hope that the new stats can be revealed in battle so you dont have to use a calculator with every switchin.

when it comes to broken threats, definitely dugtrio should be looked at.. i cant use the calc right now because someone else is, but im guessing it becomes bulky and slow, letting it stall out a large number of purely defensive pokemon with resttalk. its gunna have a big hp stat also that lets it click final gambit to take out nearly anything.

edit: yea 120/42/84/84/60/35 stats on dugtrio, its quite hard to deal with. the other mon that immediately catches my eye is salamence, which has great physically defensive typing and ability, plus 101/71/120/87/120/96 stats. it even eats z-stone edge from terrakion, with 30/40% hp to spare. its gunna be a premier defogger for sure.

edit 2:

steelix will love this meta, it likes to switch into electric types and its stats actually change to better do so- plus it now gets to utilize its excellent ability sheer force + 175 speed and a good spa stat. the new stats are 70/61/26/95/80/175, the defense stat is garbage but itll find key switchins vs special attackers anyway. earth power and flash cannon will hit like a truck which is much appreciated.

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock

kecleon is also happy, it can run a fast nasty plot set with godlike coverage. it can also run a stallbreaker set thanks to a diverse movepool and recover, altho with bad spd.

mega absol is gunna be a good defensive mon with an enormous wish, magic bounce, stab foul play, and will-o-wisp.

alakazam is a tough physical tank that can use a LO recover + 3 attacks set.

i could go on

Last edited:
Additional threats that haven't been mentioned:
Any time you inverse stats, the Regis are just suddenly borked. No exception here.
Regirock: 93/75/37/150/75/150 - Funnily enough the best special Rock move Regirock gets is Ancient Power, but EdgeQuake coming off 150 SpAtk is scary nonetheless.
Regice: 93/150/75/75/37/150 - Regirock, but physically attacking Ice type. Yikes. IK this was in OP but not including it w/ the other Regis feels wrong.
Registeel: 100/107/53/107/53/160 - Not as good looking stat-wise as its brethren, but notable that it can easily revenger them both, and that STAB Iron Head might be a threat to frail offensive teams, even off 107 attack

Other borkerish things.
Steelix: 70/62/26/96/81/175 - Gotta go fast.
Steelix-Mega: 93/56/30/126/73/232 - Gotta go faster.
Other stuff like Slowbro-M, Heracross-M, Scizor-M, Florges, might be worth looking into.

Defensive stuff:
Cloyster: 124/66/35/73/138/89 - This looks really neat IMO as a special wall hazard setter, think Shiny Shift Ferrothorn.
Alakazam-Mega: 145/159/122/45/76/53 - very interesting tbh

But yeah, rly cool meta and would definitely enjoy playing it if it got coded

upload_2017-7-20_11-48-43.png

I'm a little unsure on what the bottom speed tiers are gonna look like in this metagame, but...

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Moreover, you have absolutely disgusting physical bulk (An Adamant Dark-type with a theoretical 255 Attack does this 252+ Atk Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 360-426 (72.8 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) and a wiiide movepool. Lack of really high-power moves kinda stinks, but assuming speed tiers work out in its favor it will be one of the nastiest cleaners in the metagame.

• Metagame premise. 600 BST league: All pokemon have a 600 BST (excepts megas/ash greninja) who have 700 BST), use the following formula to determine pokemon stats
    for pokemon:
Base Stat * (600/BST) (round to the nearest whole number) so for example:
Bulbasaur has a BST of 318 Stats would be
HP = 45 * (600/318) = 84.90566... round up to 85.
Attack = 49 * (600/318) = 92.45283... round down to 92
Defense = 49 * (600/318) = 92.45283... round down to 92
Special Attack: 65 * (600/318) = 122.64150... round up to 123
Special Defense: 65 * (600/318) = 122.64150... round up to 123
Speed = 45 * (600/318) = 84.90566... round up to 85.

Sometimes this results in a base total slightly higher or lower than 600 for example Ivysaur would have these stats:89, 92, 93, 119, 119, 89 which adds up to 601, (this is do to rounding issues), my solution for these case are if in it's over 600, take the lowest decimal place you had to round up and round them down instead, if their is a tie in the decimal point the tie break goes Speed > Special Defense > Special Attack > Defense > Attack > HP. For example in this case both Special Attack and Special Defense had 118.518... which was the lowest you rounded up since up Special Defense had priority in being rounded down Ivysaur instead have 89, 92, 93, 119, 118, 89 in it's base stat total. Sometimes rounding might make the base stat total too low, in those cases pick the highest decimal place you rounded down, and round it up, if their a tie in decimal in decimal places, the tie breaker goes HP > Attack > Defense > Special Attack > Special Defense > Speed. I have a spreedsheet showing the bases for all the pokemon in pokedex order up to Golbat (and I am currently adding more) which I know isn't that far but still enough to get an impression of what the totals look like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1axaivdiJpwya2c5ESoWg19G0FZFIww5hpqzO8BPc9ss/edit?usp=sharing
  • Potential bans and threats. Evoilite should be banned upfront, in would prevent any pokemon that isn't NFE from being viable especially as tan. Smearge might be OP with insane base speed.
  • Questions for the community. Does something like this already exist? Is going over 255 a problem for servers and the like (an example is that Jigglypuff has 256 HP)? If so I can modify the formula a little bit to account for that. Is modifiying the HP of a mega evolution (basically always reducing it a little bit), a problem? If so I can modify the formula for mega evolutions to fix that problem ? I already have a formula to adjust for that if need be. Should I have a lower BST for Unevolved pokmeon but allow evolite?

• Metagame premise. 600 BST league: All pokemon have a 600 BST (excepts megas/ash greninja) who have 700 BST), use the following formula to determine pokemon stats
    for pokemon:
Base Stat * (600/BST) (round to the nearest whole number) so for example:
Bulbasaur has a BST of 318 Stats would be
HP = 45 * (600/318) = 84.90566... round up to 85.
Attack = 49 * (600/318) = 92.45283... round down to 92
Defense = 49 * (600/318) = 92.45283... round down to 92
Special Attack: 65 * (600/318) = 122.64150... round up to 123
Special Defense: 65 * (600/318) = 122.64150... round up to 123
Speed = 45 * (600/318) = 84.90566... round up to 85.

Sometimes this results in a base total slightly higher or lower than 600 for example Ivysaur would have these stats:89, 92, 93, 119, 119, 89 which adds up to 601, (this is do to rounding issues), my solution for these case are if in it's over 600, take the lowest decimal place you had to round up and round them down instead, if their is a tie in the decimal point the tie break goes Speed > Special Defense > Special Attack > Defense > Attack > HP. For example in this case both Special Attack and Special Defense had 118.518... which was the lowest you rounded up since up Special Defense had priority in being rounded down Ivysaur instead have 89, 92, 93, 119, 118, 89 in it's base stat total. Sometimes rounding might make the base stat total too low, in those cases pick the highest decimal place you rounded down, and round it up, if their a tie in decimal in decimal places, the tie breaker goes HP > Attack > Defense > Special Attack > Special Defense > Speed. I have a spreedsheet showing the bases for all the pokemon in pokedex order up to Golbat (and I am currently adding more) which I know isn't that far but still enough to get an impression of what the totals look like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1axaivdiJpwya2c5ESoWg19G0FZFIww5hpqzO8BPc9ss/edit?usp=sharing
  • Potential bans and threats. Evoilite should be banned upfront, in would prevent any pokemon that isn't NFE from being viable especially as tan. Smearge might be OP with insane base speed.
  • Questions for the community. Does something like this already exist? Is going over 255 a problem for servers and the like (an example is that Jigglypuff has 256 HP)? If so I can modify the formula a little bit to account for that. Is modifiying the HP of a mega evolution (basically always reducing it a little bit), a problem? If so I can modify the formula for mega evolutions to fix that problem ? I already have a formula to adjust for that if need be. Should I have a lower BST for Unevolved pokmeon but allow evolite?
There already exists an OM just like this: Scalemons

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Some nice Shiny Shift Memes:
Blissey: 9/222/222/30/16/40
Total monster in Trick Room, total garbage anywhere else.

Wishiwashi-School: 162/52/56/52/54/243
Fastest Endeavor ever?

Shuckle: 55/110/5/110/5/220
Fastest Stealth Rock and Sticky Web setter. Also a potential Shell Smash sweeper?

Pyukumuku: 34/31/14/62/14/255
Fastest mon in the game. Doesn't serve any other purpose, though.

Diggersby: 56/85/62/96/62/61
It's a better Diggersby. Kinda slow, though.

Marshadow: 108/78/121/108/108/78
Hey look a Zygarde but with special, better special bulk, and gr8 coverage

Landorus-Therian: 108/66/107/92/120/106
A more defensive and special tank. No Roost, though.

Tornadus-Therian: 115/91/114/83/101/75
Like Landorus-Therian, but instead of Intimidate, it has Regenerator.

Dugtrio: 120/42/84/84/60/35
...Trick Room trapper with Final Gambit?

Mienshao: 102/53/111/70/111/63
Regenerator memes are great

Kyurem-Black: 104/76/130/108/144/137
A fast wall. Could be interesting to use.

Araquanid: 73/71/54/100/38/118
Araquanid just got 5 times better. Slap a Life Orb or a Specs and watch things get destroyed.

Regigigas: 109/75/109/149/109/120
Slow Start doesn't matter much anymore. Could work on a Trick Room team too.

Serperior: 101/101/80/101/80/67
26 more Special Attack is going to hurt. Gets pretty horrible speed though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)