Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Here's another one that I hope it could works this time.

Metagame: Attack-Defense Reversed

Metagame premise: Attack and Special Attack now function like Defense and Special Defense, and Defense and Special Defense now functions like Attack and Special Attack. Expect walls and stalls becoming bulky sweeper, and sweepers becoming more defensive. To clarify, Defense and Special Defense are now used for damaging moves in respective category, while Attack and Special Attack are now used to reduce damage from Defense and Special Defense, respectfully.

Potential bans and threats: OU Banlist, with possible unban of Aegislash, while quickbanning Assault Vest does to being potentially too broken for multiple Pokemon who got high Special Defense, especially Goodra and Sandstorm Boosted Tyranitar. The latter two are likely to raise up, although for the rest, I am not too sure.

Questions for the community:
+ Which general strategy (offensive, defensive, sweeping, hyper offense, etc) would get helped or hindered?
+ Which other Pokemon could be a threat or even possible quickban?
+ Would formerly stalling or sweeping Pokemon could get used to this OM, or would they lose some valuable points in term of viability?
BAN LANDORUS-T THAT WILL HAVE 145 DEF + INTIMIDATE

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I don't really have a name for this, I was thinking "Type Boosting" but I'd welcome some name suggestions. I've been thinking about this for some months by now on wether try to submit it or not

Metagame premise: Pokémon get +20 in a base stat based on their type.
HP: Normal|Grass|Water
Atk: Dragon|Fighting|Rock
Def: Steel|Ground|Poison
Sp. Atk: Fire|Ice|Ghost
Sp. Def: Fairy|Psychic|Dark
Speed: Flying|Bug|Electric

For clarification:
- Mons whose both types boost the same stat get +40 in that stat
- If a type makes a stat go over 255, it will cap at 255
- If an in-battle form change occours and it has a diferent type, such as Meloetta-Pirouette, the new type is what the boost will be based off of*. It happens as soon as the mon changes forms (So a Mega is the first thing to happen in a turn, while Meloetta is only after using Relic Song)
- If an unnatural type change occours, such as by Protean or Soak, the mon will keep it's original boost
Potential bans and threats: Chandelure, Garchomp, Toxapex, Kyurem-Black, some few others I'm still looking at
Ok so, before finally officially submitting this, are there any other suggestions for the type chart changes? (Rock will become Attack and Ground Defense)
Or any name suggestions if possible too?

Ok so, before finally officially submitting this, are there any other suggestions for the type chart changes? (Rock will become Attack and Ground Defense)
Or any name suggestions if possible too?
I think Fairy should become SpAtk, Fire Atk, and Dragon SpDef. For a name, Pokéreotypes (Cause types are sorted by the most common stat iirc)

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
I think Fairy should become SpAtk, Fire Atk, and Dragon SpDef. For a name, Pokéreotypes (Cause types are sorted by the most common stat iirc)
Hm... I like the name but I think I'll keep the chart as it is now. Thanks for the suggestion, either way

Hm... I like the name but I think I'll keep the chart as it is now. Thanks for the suggestion, either way
One idea I had was for for types to boost a certain amount based on weather they were the first or second type. Also I feel like dark would fit better with speed or attack but the ones already in speed fit but dragon could potentially switch with dark. I could see ghost and psychic potentially switching and it could potentially fix chandelure if it's too good though could lead to problems with mega-zam and tapu lele.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
I'm surprised anyone submitted Rotation Battles yet.
It isn't playable on Showdown!, and it's not in the list of commonly rejected submissions, so...

↻ Rotation Battle ↺
Metagame premise: A metagame based on triple battles where only the Pokemon in the middle can move every turn. You can exchange the places of the Pokemon in the middle and the other Pokemon in your side and move after that (or switch for a Pokemon that is not in battle). Moves that doesn't target allies can only target the middle Pokemon of the opponent.
Potential bans and threats: OU banlist.
Questions for the community: How should the meta work ? How should things be coded ?
I thought about giving to the Pokemon in the middle 10 extra moves to make things easier to code, but i feel like it would be a pain to play.
(the idea was that every of these 10 moves gives the ability to exchange places with an ally : 5 for the Pokemon at the right, 5 for the Pokemon at the left... 4 moves for the 4 moves of the Pokemon you exchange places with... and the last one to Switch)

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
One idea I had was for for types to boost a certain amount based on weather they were the first or second type. Also I feel like dark would fit better with speed or attack but the ones already in speed fit but dragon could potentially switch with dark. I could see ghost and psychic potentially switching and it could potentially fix chandelure if it's too good though could lead to problems with mega-zam and tapu lele.
Well, Dark was Sp. Def (And poison Def) for lack of other stats available (They were the two last when I was making the chart). I feel like Dragon should be an offensive due to the huge lack of supporting Dragon-Type moves. I made Ghost Sp. A since most ghost's best STAB is 80 BP so I thought a boost on Sp. Atk would help a lot. Psychic is Sp. Def for Calm Mind, Amnesia, and more bulky Psychic Types in general (Which there are quite a lot)
Also for the type order, I think leaving it just as type no matter if primary or secondary is fine. Otherwise it could become more messy.

I'll submit it in about one hour, wish me good luck y'all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotation Battles probably never got submited cause I honestly have seen very few people who care about it, but if Triples and Aerial battles made it, why not Rotation as well?

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
I don't think Rotation Battles were ever coded. I doubt it'd be anywhere as simple as, say, most of the suggestions in the topic to code since the whole rotation mechanic would need to be implemented and tested.
That's true.
But even if we can't do exactly the same thing, it would be nice to see it again...
Especially since it isn't playable in Sun and Moon.

Metagame Premise: Familymons.

It's basically STABmons, but instead of being able to use any moves sharing your typing, you can use any moves in the learnests of Pokemon sharing the same egg group.
I explain: If i want to use Pinsir-Mega, i check its egg group, it says Bug, that means Pinsir-Mega can now use all the moves from the Bug egg group like Megahorn from Heracross or Stealth Rock from Gliscor! A Pokemon cannot borrow more than 2 moves this way.

FAQ: Q: What about Pokemon that have several egg groups?

A: Those Pokemon can choose moves from Pokemon from either of the egg group they share with with still the limit of two moves maximum.

Q: What about the Undiscovered Egg Group?

A: For the few Pokemon in this egg group that aren't banned from OU, they can use all moves coming from Pokemon in the Undiscovered Egg Group. That means that Landorus can now use Thousand Arrows thanks to Zygarde or Dragon Ascent thanks to Rayquaza.

Potential Banlist: OU Banlist, Chatter, Geomancy, Belly Drum (maybe), Jirachi, Kartana, Xurkitree (maybe) and taking moves from Smeargle.

Potential Threats:

Landorus-Therian@Rocky Helmet, Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Spread: 244 HP 252 DEF 8 SpD 8 Spe
Impish Nature
Roost/Recover
Thousand Arrows
Stealth Rock
U turn

FakeSpeed might make a comeback thanks to several egg groups getting the combo and STAB on it. Here comes Landorus-T that will, like in STABmons, be very useful as a check to them. Now it gets reliable recovery in the form of Roost or Recover, and the precious Thousand Arrows which let it not worry about airborne Pokemon that would switch with impunity otherwise. Rocky Helmet punishes FakeSpeed, U turn, and overall contact moves whereas Leftovers gives more passive longevity. Pretty good defensive Pokemon all around.

Diggersby@Normalium Z/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Spread: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Belly Drum
Extreme Speed
Earthquake
Knock Off

OMG BellySpeed Diggersby is back! Thanks to sharing the same egg group with Linoone, it gets both Belly Drum and Extreme Speed, if the bunny manages somehow to setup (and thx to Normalium Z it will always kinda) better bring a fast Pokemon that resist or is immune to Normal otherwise you'll get swept pretty easily. EQ and Knock Off cover steels and Ghost types respectively. But really, why aren't you just clicking Extreme Speed? Probably a ban of Belly Drum or Diggersby itself.

Aerodactyl@Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Spread: 252 atk, 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
Head Smash/Stone Edge
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz/Fire Fang
Earthquake

Thanks to being in the Flying egg group, Aerodactyl gains new tools to abuse Rock Head. in the form of its STAB Head Smash and Brave Bird, it can deal pretty serious damage to almost anything when coupled with Choice Band. Flare Blitz can be used if Stone Edge is prefered over Head Smash to still hit airborne Steel types very hard, it also hits Ferrothorn harder than Brave Bird and Magearna super effectively. Earthquake is here mostly filler, as Rock+Flying+Fire already hits everything pretty hard, but it although still hits Magearna hard if Flare Blitz isn't used.

Serperior Life Orb/Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Spread: 252 SpA, 252 Speed
Timid Nature
Leaf Storm
Overheat
Draco Meteor
Giga Drain/Hidden Power Ground

Serperior is one of the few examples that really benefits from being part of two different egg groups, as it can borrow Overheat from Infernape and Draco Meteor from Exeggutor-Alola. Grass+Fire+Dragon is only walled by Heatran so far, and with Hidden Power Ground, the threat is covered. Of course Chansey and Unaware Clefable are still a problem for Serperior, so it will need teammates to take them out. But beware of this majestic snake, as it could sweep your team entirely if you let it boost.

Questions for the Community:

Should i ban Pokemon from the Undiscovered Egg Group from borrowing moves from each other? And then not ban Jirachi, Kartana or Xurkitree? I have the feeling it would not make the meta interesting, by removing Landorus Therian's access to recovery to stop FakeSpeed for instance.

About moves illegalities with hidden abilities or event moves on some Pokemon, should they apply if you borrow one of those moves? Or not?.

And Voila.

Well, Slaking can be played around when he tries to Skill Swap Truant, which can still be removed by switching out, scouted by Protect, stopped by Substitute. Endeavor Shedinja is, like in Sketchmons, easy af to counter, as it's not Sturdy Shedinja and still dies to any passive damage. Heliolisk giving Electrify is also playable around, with priority, or a faster Pokemon or even Substitute.

i don't find those banworthy for now. At least less banworthy than BellySpeed or Geomancy sweeps.

And if the meta gets played, the banlist can of course be updated.

Last edited:
I submitted something similar back in XY and it got rejected. They said it was too similar to existing oms and it would be hard for people to know who got what

(OU) Distortion World

Metagame premise
: All stats other than HP are reversed in a similar fashion to trick room (so a base 5 Atk would likely OHKO a base 230 Def mon in this format)
Potential bans and threats: Shuckle (Essentially a free Power Trick. No thanks.)

Chansey (Essentially a fast physical sweeper. Pretty threatening, but Eviolite is no longer viable)

Questions for the community: Any other potential bans or threats?
Would this metagame be able to be coded?
Should Ubers be unbanned?
Any other name ideas?

(OU) Distortion World

Metagame premise
: All stats other than HP are reversed in a similar fashion to trick room (so a base 5 Atk would likely OHKO a base 230 Def mon in this format)
Potential bans and threats: Shuckle (Essentially a free Power Trick. No thanks.)

Chansey (Essentially a fast physical sweeper. Pretty threatening, but Eviolite is no longer viable)

Questions for the community: Any other potential bans or threats?
Would this metagame be able to be coded?
Should Ubers be unbanned?
Any other name ideas?
You need to better define what "reversed" means.

Trick room just makes the slower Pokemon move first instead of the faster one; the stats don't actually change.

You need to better define what "reversed" means.

Trick room just makes the slower Pokemon move first instead of the faster one; the stats don't actually change.
The stats don't change here either. The idea is applying the concept of Trick Room to every stat other than HP. For example, this metagame's biggest threats have the worst stats, making them the best stats under the effect of the format.

The stats don't change here either. The idea is applying the concept of Trick Room to every stat other than HP. For example, this metagame's biggest threats have the worst stats, making them the best stats under the effect of the format.
You need more than an idea, you need a damage formula. And you haven't given one, nor have you given a detailed enough explanation for us to figure out exactly what you had in mind.

Well, my day was bad... but I might finally have a worthy OM here. (though some may hate my guts now...)

Expanded Weather Wars

Description: What if we could summon any type of weather, and use that to boost any type of move? You can do that here! Whenever you use a weather summoning move here, it boosts the primary typing of that Pokémon by x1.5, and give any boosts that it would have given to that type instead. For example, if a Zapdos uses Rain Dance, it will instead boost Electric-type moves by 1.5 times. (I am considering making shininess making them summon the secondary type instead) Also, to make it, well, a war, all weather will last forever until a new one is summoned. (For the purposes of coding, any Rain Dance will replace an old one, and ectera) Other aspects of the weather, along with abilities relying on them, will function as normal. (Castform will change types to the weather casted)

Banlist: OU banlist and Clauses

Possible suspects: All Tapus except Tapu Fini, Excadrill, Kingdra

Questions:
- Is this a good name for what the meta will be, or can I do something better?
- What do I do for Rain Dance and Sunny Day's weakening of moves? Is there a need to pull a new chart about intertwined types?
- Does Hail need to be buffed to give it a reason to be used (such as x1.5 defense for the type)?
- Is infinite weather too much for this, or is it necessary to keep everything fresh?

Well, my day was bad... but I might finally have a worthy OM here. (though some may hate my guts now...)

Expanded Weather Wars

Description: What if we could summon any type of weather, and use that to boost any type of move? You can do that here! Whenever you use a weather summoning move here, it boosts the primary typing of that Pokémon by x1.5, and give any boosts that it would have given to that type instead. For example, if a Zapdos uses Rain Dance, it will instead boost Electric-type moves by 1.5 times. (I am considering making shininess making them summon the secondary type instead) Also, to make it, well, a war, all weather will last forever until a new one is summoned. (For the purposes of coding, any Rain Dance will replace an old one, and ectera) Other aspects of the weather, along with abilities relying on them, will function as normal. (Castform will change types to the weather casted)

Banlist: OU banlist and Clauses

Possible suspects: All Tapus except Tapu Fini, Excadrill, Kingdra

Questions:
- Is this a good name for what the meta will be, or can I do something better?
- What do I do for Rain Dance and Sunny Day's weakening of moves? Is there a need to pull a new chart about intertwined types?
- Does Hail need to be buffed to give it a reason to be used (such as x1.5 defense for the type)?
- Is infinite weather too much for this, or is it necessary to keep everything fresh?
If the weather will be infinite, Politoed needs a suspect at least. That is not something we want running around again. Anyways, I think the name should be WWII [Weather War II]. Hail needs to be buffed to be on an equal playing field to at least sand, as it is bad.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Imo it's a nice idea and all but if all teams have Weather Setters, it'll be a mess. Tho Cloud Nine seems like a much better option now.
Questions:
- Also, does a Shiny Pelipper make a Flying "Weather"? Smae for other weather setters with abilities
- If "Rain" is set up but used by a Poion-Type mon, will Swift Swim still work?

WWII sounds good tbh. As for hail, give them 1.5X boost in defense as a counterpart to hail?

Imo it's a nice idea and all but if all teams have Weather Setters, it'll be a mess. Tho Cloud Nine seems like a much better option now.
Questions:
- Also, does a Shiny Pelipper make a Flying "Weather"? Smae for other weather setters with abilities
- If "Rain" is set up but used by a Poion-Type mon, will Swift Swim still work?

WWII sounds good tbh. As for hail, give them 1.5X boost in defense as a counterpart to hail?
I think that this could make it a Pet Mod by having to make new weathers for the other 14 types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)