Metagamiate!

It's a decent idea, but given the omnipresence of Dragonite, who possesses very strong dragon type priority that's faster than yours to boot, I don't think this set could go very far. This is also assuming that Charizard doesn't die setting up a belly drum in the first place, which seems hard to accomplish given the hyper offensive nature of the tier.
And besides, Charizard murders everything at +1 atk +1 speed anyway with Dragon Dance

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 303-357 (93.8 - 110.5%)
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 256-302 (63.3 - 74.7%)

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 357-421 (85 - 100.2%)
This is supposedly a physical wall guys.

For some reason, you can't just slap a Normal Gem on Fakemontop as apparently the move's type changes to Fighting and you have to use a Fighting Gem. Which is unreleased. If only it weren't...

(M) @

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch / Rapid Spin
- Covet Return
- Feint​

However, for now, this set seems as effective as an Hitmontop can be in the tier. Fake Out is a standard and Multiscale breaker, Bullet Punch provides at least some damage against Ghosts (however you can always swap it out with Rapid Spin to make Dragonite more viable, which is if you're not using Skull Bash + Rapid Spin Mega Blastoise in which case try it out on an alt!), Covet does great with Gems after they're used Return is self-explanatory; a strong STAB whereas Feint is pretty much to go through Protects and all. Does good as a solo weakener, and there's no EVs on Speed because it's pretty much useless when there are several priority users going around and the thing which is common in Metagamiate, is used with various sets centralizing on Boomburst, easily outspeeds this even if this is Scarfed with maximum possible Speed.

Last edited:
Will the opponent's Gardevoir use Psychic or Fairy Hyper Voice? Will the opponent's Pinsir use Bug or Flying type Return? Will the opponent's Aurorus use Rock or Ice type Tri Attack?
Well, in Aurorus' case the only way it could be uncertain which it will do is if its Hidden Ability were released and then you sent it out during Hail, because it's only alternate ability is Snow Warning which will announce itself if it isn't already Hailing and it's not released currently anyway.

Toxicroak

One of the Poison/type Pokemon that is overall happy with Metagamiate's effects, Toxicroak already has reason to prefer Poison Touch as its Ability, and thus replaces Poison Jab with Return/Frustration or similar happily enough. Additionally, Toxicroak is part-Fighting, and so the Steel immunity is not a problem in the way it is for many other Poison/type Pokemon. And of course it has good access to several Dark moves, so not even Aegislash can completely wall it. Whether it's actually viable in this meta is another matter. On the other hand, Fairy is very important in a meta with Extreme Speed Dragonite/Zygarde running around killing everything, so Toxicroak might be nice for that alone: Poison Fake Out means it can do obnoxious damage even to Fairies that should outspeed it, or at least force them to switch, which can be valuable against a boosted Clefable or Azumarill.

Also, I hate to say so, but the more I play the more I feel like Dragonite really is too good. If it didn't have access to Iron Head you could reliably wall it with Togekiss and indeed various other Fairies less consistently, but as is it is really, really difficult to reliably deal with.

Last edited:
Relicanth, I know its only an nu pokemon but it has a decent typing and a cool strategy I've noticed. It's ability is rock head and it learns head smash to abuse it while recieving no recoil. It also learns double edge which is changed to a water type move providing powerful dual stabs. Normal aggron can also use this strategy learning head smash and gaining a steel type double edge with no recoil. Pretty fun to use :)

Relicanth, I know its only an nu pokemon but it has a decent typing and a cool strategy I've noticed. It's ability is rock head and it learns head smash to abuse it while recieving no recoil. It also learns double edge which is changed to a water type move providing powerful dual stabs. Normal aggron can also use this strategy learning head smash and gaining a steel type double edge with no recoil. Pretty fun to use :)
U should also consider marowak if u want more power.lol 586 attack stat with a 156 power move.
Calcs:
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak earthiate? Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Shuckle: 193-228 (79 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 229-270 (64.6 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 259-306 (61.6 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 240-283 (68.1 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

U see that?? That's some damage WITHOUT A BOOST.
On top of that, it gets rock head

U should also consider marowak if u want more power.lol 586 attack stat with a 156 power move.
Calcs:
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak earthiate? Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Shuckle: 193-228 (79 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 229-270 (64.6 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 259-306 (61.6 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 240-283 (68.1 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

U see that?? That's some damage WITHOUT A BOOST.
On top of that, it gets rock head
Now I'm looking more closely, I've completely overlooked the pokemon that get double edge only. Almost every pokemon that gets rock head learns double edge including steelix, aerodactyl, basculin, sudowoodo lol.

I've also been using guts facade luxray with decent priority in quick attack and it hits like a truck. To help you understand-(life orb simulates ate ability and facade I changed to electric)

252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Luxray Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 177-211 (51.4 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

What about a slightly frail pokemon

252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Luxray Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Deoxys-A: 1600-1885 (663.9 - 782.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (× 6/7)

Now I'm looking more closely, I've completely overlooked the pokemon that get double edge only. Almost every pokemon that gets rock head learns double edge including steelix, aerodactyl, basculin, sudowoodo lol.

I've also been using guts facade luxray with decent priority in quick attack and it hits like a truck. To help you understand-(life orb simulates ate ability and facade I changed to electric)

252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Luxray Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 177-211 (51.4 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

What about a slightly frail pokemon

252+ Atk Life Orb Guts Luxray Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Deoxys-A: 1600-1885 (663.9 - 782.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (× 6/7)
I like facade loom better, 2hkos togekiss and zapdos.

So has anybody made a decent stall team yet?
i believe stall was #1 at some point
klang and word were most successful but stall loses to a lot more stuff compared to OU due to the power-buff everything got
mons like Terrakion and Charizard can wallbreak easy

252+ Atk Life Orb Mightyena Crunch(182 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 188-224 (56.2 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
not great but worth mentioning since qf mighty outspeeds alot of threats with adamant(no quick attack tho)

I've had some fun with a Zoroark team (was my first successful strategy for metagamiate); Zoroark has gained a huge buff in metagamiate for 3 main reasons:

a) The increased amount of offensive pressure (if the pokemon isn't an illusion, your opponent will get hit very hard, and if so, zoroark dents something HARD)
b) You can mask its attacks more easily. For example, if you, say, saw a gyarados using dark pulse in standards, that's obviously a zoroark, but if it uses frustration on a blissey? Now you have to guess. Same goes with hyper voice (which it also learns)
c) It has "gained" a very helpful teammate in dragonite, who has an excuse not to switch into rocks whilst keeping up enormous offensive pressure.

The thing about Zoroark is, it doesn't have to be switched in to put in work. I often find myself leading with a specs mismagius (same speed tier as zoroark, pretty much same type coverage, but complementary defensive typings). It can sometimes kill the lead lucario/lead megacham or get a free hit off on whatever comes in. (Chansey gets to eat trickspecs later on in the game :P)

252+ Atk Life Orb Mightyena Crunch(182 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 188-224 (56.2 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
not great but worth mentioning since qf mighty outspeeds alot of threats with adamant(no quick attack tho)
also that calc is wrong lol. Mightyena only gets STAB once, not twice:
252+ Atk Life Orb Mightyena Crunch (133 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 140-165 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Yeah mightyena still sucks.

Why did you make crunch 182 bp ? return would be 132.
And sorry, but without bulk, no priority, low speed (70, he only outspeeds walls) and crappy wallbreaking abilities, mightyena is shit.
252 Atk Life Orb Mightyena Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 86-101 (25 - 29.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO like inocyan said, luxray 2hkoe's this pokemon and has quick attack.

I've had some fun with a Zoroark team (was my first successful strategy for metagamiate); Zoroark has gained a huge buff in metagamiate for 3 main reasons:

a) The increased amount of offensive pressure (if the pokemon isn't an illusion, your opponent will get hit very hard, and if so, zoroark dents something HARD)
b) You can mask its attacks more easily. For example, if you, say, saw a gyarados using dark pulse in standards, that's obviously a zoroark, but if it uses frustration on a blissey? Now you have to guess. Same goes with hyper voice (which it also learns)
c) It has "gained" a very helpful teammate in dragonite, who has an excuse not to switch into rocks whilst keeping up enormous offensive pressure.

The thing about Zoroark is, it doesn't have to be switched in to put in work. I often find myself leading with a specs mismagius (same speed tier as zoroark, pretty much same type coverage, but complementary defensive typings). It can sometimes kill the lead lucario/lead megacham or get a free hit off on whatever comes in. (Chansey gets to eat trickspecs later on in the game :P)

also that calc is wrong lol. Mightyena only gets STAB once, not twice:
252+ Atk Life Orb Mightyena Crunch (133 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 140-165 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Yeah mightyena still sucks.
Just realized you can't have LO on QF sets
252+ Atk Mightyena Crunch(182 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 145-172 (43.4 - 51.4%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO
Why did you make crunch 182 bp ? return would be 132.
And sorry, but without bulk, no priority, low speed (70, he only outspeeds walls) and crappy wallbreaking abilities, mightyena is shit.
252 Atk Life Orb Mightyena Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 86-101 (25 - 29.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO like inocyan said, luxray 2hkoe's this pokemon and has quick attack.
QF boosts his speed quite well and he has sucker punch

even with quick feet, pokemon like noivern aerodactyl weavile or ambipom still outspeed him. And there are far better priority than sucker punch in this mete

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)