Metagross (Analysis) [QC 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it out speed dory? I reach 604 in sand, long far to out speed.

speed boost chicken get 426 at +1, I you want to out speed base 80 +1, 152 speed EV is enough.

I still don't understand that spread.

How can it out speed dory? I reach 604 in sand, long far to out speed.

speed boost chicken get 426 at +1, I you want to out speed base 80 +1, 152 speed EV is enough.

I still don't understand that spread.
That is with Sand Rush, which (while I know this is no-ban mode) is supposed to be banned in OU as far as I know.

I will change it if you want.

Let's me calculated around, 252 speed gross adament with +2 reach 478

Base 95 +speed nature at +1 it is at 475,need 248 EV to out speed.
Base 92 +speed nature at +1 it is at 466,need 232 EV to out speed.
Base 90 +speed nature at +1 it is at 459,need 216 EV to out speed.
Base 88 +speed nature at +1 it is at 453,need 204 EV to out speed.
Base 86 +speed nature at +1 it is at 447,need 192 EV to out speed.

Lower than this I didn't see +speed nature is used Until guy on base 80 like fire chicken

Pokemon that may thread gross on each speed.

Base 95 - Electivire,Darmanitan
Base 92 - Waruvial
Base 90 - Moltress
Base 88 - Dory(Noway to get +1 speed scrap it)
Base 86 - All rotom form.

It is up to your choice now I'm not sure which one is spread around this meta.

Nitpick also - I think you need to remove mentions of Eccentric Ditto from your intro given that it is currently illegal in standard due to not having been released.

The EVs are given so Metagross will have maximum attack. Adamant nature is essential, as it helps Metagross by upping Attack for the given maximum of a respectable 405. With this, Earthquake can OHKO Blissey who may try to wall your team's special sweepers.
lol. We all have our moments.

I think he is miss understand that Dory get +1 in sand, Dory is get +2 in sand.

Form above rep maybe jolly is better choice, due scarfchomp is fastest scarfer.

Edit : it's need only 208 speed EV+Jolly to reach 250

Bumb for little mention.

Does Iron Head is deserve slash on agility set? It's perfect accuracy with flinch chance and has more PP, but trade off with power and attack increase chance.

@GameMaster: I'd say probably not. Meteor Mash not only has higher power, but also has a chance to boost Attack, which can really aid you.

Also, slash ThunderPunch in Choice Band set to deal with Gyarados and bulky waters, as with the power of Choice Band it can 1-2KO them.

@GameMaster: Also, slash ThunderPunch in Choice Band set to deal with Gyarados and bulky waters, as with the power of Choice Band it can 1-2KO them.
Hmmm... I thought I slashed that one in. That's an important move, so time to fix that.

EDIT: I added it to AC.

ThunderPunch or Ice Punch may be used for coverage against water types and ground types, respectively
A small nitpick, you should tweak that line a bit, because Ice Punch hits Gliscor, Landlos and Dragons(/flying or ground), other ground types are usually hit just as hard by MM.

Also, for the counters section:
Zapdos and Voltolos: both wall every hit except for Ice Punch, and can deal with it Thunderbolt/Thunder/Heat Wave (in Zapdos' case)
Bronzong: Laughs at anything but Trick (or HP Fire if it runs a mixed set)
Mention that bulky waters should watch out for ThunderPunch (except Swampert).
Gliscor and Landlos: Both resist MM and immune to EQ and ThunderPunch, but both should watch out for Ice Punch.
Skarmory: Only worry is basically CB ThunderPunch, and can set up/whirlwind it, but it can't touch it itself.
Forretress/Ferrothorn(Nattorei): Both laugh at anything but Trick and HP Fire (or Hammer Arm in Nattorei's case), and can set up on its face. Ferrothorn can further Leech Seed it.
Rotom-H: Resists most of its attacks, and can OHKO/dent with Overheat or cripple with WoW.
Moltres: Fears nothing but ThunderPunch and can OHKO/dent it with a fire attack.
Magnezone: Can trap and deal Metagross, can avoid EQ with Magnet Rise or Balloon.

and I'm not sure about some things you listed, for checks just sum faster fire or ground types (as in don't say Blaziken and Zoroark to say basically the same thing that both beat it being faster and hit by a fire move, leave more room for actual counters).

On any set that requires stat boosting such as AgiliGross or the Hone Claws set, you might want to mention Unaware Quagsire as a counter, as he walls most of your attacks, as it only takes any notable damage from Earthquake or Ice Punch, walls you if you carry ThunderPunch, and can easily Recover off any damage. It's ability also prevents any set up you may have in mind. If it runs Boiling Water, it can easily cripple you as well.

Please use the correct prefixes in the future. You also should not write up your set until it is QC approved, in case they demand changes.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
I usually don't care about set names, but I would prefer it if Metagross' set names were kept the same as they were in Gen. 4. They're more professional-looking than the ones you currently have. So:

• "AgilityGross" turns to "Agility"
  • "BasicGross" turns to "Stealth Rock" [It was named lead in gen. 4, but I dislike the term 'lead' in Gen. 5 due to the advent of team previews]
  • "BandGross" turns to "Choice Band"
  • "ClawGross" turns to "Claw Sharpen"
  • "TrickGross" turns to "Trick + Iron Ball"
Now, onto some real changes! Adamant needs a slash next to Jolly on the Agility set. Some people prefer the added power over the ability to outpace Choice Scarf Garchomp and Choice Scarf Landlos. Zen Headbutt also needs a mention somewhere, mainly because it actually allows you to hurt one of the most common switch ins into Metagross - Rotom-W. Zen Headbutt is also useful for hitting Conkeldurr (such a terrible name) and whatnot.

On the Choice Band set, I'd make Pursuit the first slash over Trick. Seeing as Latios and Latias are so prevalent in the current metagame, Pursuit becomes invaluable, since it can effectively kill both of them if they attempt to flee. This is especially useful if one of your teammates hates the Lati twins. Zen Headbutt should then be the second slash for the same reasons I listed previously. You could shift Trick into Additional Comments if you'd like; I never find myself using Trick all that often when using CB Gross. It does have its merits in hindering 'mons like Skarmory, but I'm usually more concerned about hitting as hard as possible.

On the Claw Sharpen set, I'd probably make ThunderPunch the first slash in the last moveslot. Without it, you aren't going to be able to break through Skarmory, Jellicent, Gyarados, etc. The ability to do all of the aforementioned is better than the priority Bullet Punch provides, IMO. I am also skeptical of the EV spread you have listed. I'll let other QC members weigh in on that. Lastly, why is Light Screen a slash on the Iron Ball set? I'd just put it in Optional Changes or something along with Reflect if someone wishes to use a Dual Screen set. It's definitely not that important of a move for Metagross.

That's all I noticed for now. I'll come back later and give this an approval when everything's been fixed up.

I usually don't care about set names, but I would prefer it if Metagross' set names were kept the same as they were in Gen. 4. They're more professional-looking than the ones you currently have. So:

• "AgilityGross" turns to "Agility"
  • "BasicGross" turns to "Stealth Rock" [It was named lead in gen. 4, but I dislike the term 'lead' in Gen. 5 due to the advent of team previews]
  • "BandGross" turns to "Choice Band"
  • "ClawGross" turns to "Claw Sharpen"
  • "TrickGross" turns to "Trick + Iron Ball"
Now, onto some real changes! Adamant needs a slash next to Jolly on the Agility set. Some people prefer the added power over the ability to outpace Choice Scarf Garchomp and Choice Scarf Landlos. Zen Headbutt also needs a mention somewhere, mainly because it actually allows you to hurt one of the most common switch ins into Metagross - Rotom-W. Zen Headbutt is also useful for hitting Conkeldurr (such a terrible name) and whatnot.

On the Choice Band set, I'd make Pursuit the first slash over Trick. Seeing as Latios and Latias are so prevalent in the current metagame, Pursuit becomes invaluable, since it can effectively kill both of them if they attempt to flee. This is especially useful if one of your teammates hates the Lati twins. Zen Headbutt should then be the second slash for the same reasons I listed previously. You could shift Trick into Additional Comments if you'd like; I never find myself using Trick all that often when using CB Gross. It does have its merits in hindering 'mons like Skarmory, but I'm usually more concerned about hitting as hard as possible.

On the Claw Sharpen set, I'd probably make ThunderPunch the first slash in the last moveslot. Without it, you aren't going to be able to break through Skarmory, Jellicent, Gyarados, etc. The ability to do all of the aforementioned is better than the priority Bullet Punch provides, IMO. I am also skeptical of the EV spread you have listed. I'll let other QC members weigh in on that. Lastly, why is Light Screen a slash on the Iron Ball set? I'd just put it in Optional Changes or something along with Reflect if someone wishes to use a Dual Screen set. It's definitely not that important of a move for Metagross.

That's all I noticed for now. I'll come back later and give this an approval when everything's been fixed up.
Thank you for the huge amount of help here. I changed the set names, as you wished.

Adamant has been added to the first set. Also, Zen Headbutt is last on the fourth slot because it seems to be for specific Pokemon other than clean coverage.

Pursuit has been added to hit the Latis, however, I feel like Trick could still be used to cripple certain Pokemon.

I fixed the Claw Set, and I was going to change the EVs, but I never had the chance until now.

Also, I localized the names of Pokemon, but if you see any of those (or moves) that I missed, please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)