Metal Bagon Vs. Devoninja, 3v3 at the Rock Column

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge
3v3 singles
36 hour DQ for the players/2 days for the ref
No recoveries/3 chills
NFE

Description: Deep within the confines of Mount Coronet, there lies a place unlike any other. This circular area is a flat cavebed that is 100 meters in diameter. In the center lies a huge column of rock 20 meters in diameter extending from the floor to the ceiling about 60 meters up (basically, the place is huge). Running up the column is a ledge about 5 meters thick that curls around it (Sort of like the thread in a screw). Seismic disturbances constantly coat the area in a thick sandstorm that can't be canceled due to the ceiling. Sadly, there's no water source for moves like Surf and weather moves cannot be used but everything else goes.

Summary: Eternal Sandstorm, Indoor Arena, No External Water Source.
I'll accept this.

No Items
Switch = KO
1 ability
Team Metal Bagon:

Combusken - KFC (F)
Nature: Quirky (Neutral Nature)

Type: Fire/Fighting
Fire STAB: immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas..
Fighting STAB: ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.
Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost (DW) (locked): (Innate) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 55
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DC: 4/5

Attacks (18):
Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy
Ember
Double-Kick
Peck
Sand-Attack
Fire Spin

Double Team
Return
Flame Charge
Subsitute
Swords Dance
Brick Break

Agility
Flame Burst
Rock Slide

Counter

Bagon - Metal Salamence (M)
Nature: Quiet(Sp.Attack increased by 1; Speed reduced by 15%)

Type: Dragon
Dragon: More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Sheer Force (DW) (Locked): (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Stats:
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 43 (-) (50 / 1.15 = 43)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 13

10% decrese in evasion

EC: 3/9
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Attacks (14):
Rage
Bite
Leer
Headbutt
Focus Energy
Ember
Crunch
Protect
Zen Headbutt

Dragon Claw
Brick Break
Flamethrower

Hydro Pump
Dragon Dance
Dragon Pulse

Gible - Roar the Veil Hax Dragon (or Roary for short) (M)
Nature: Hardy, Neutral

Type: Dragon/Ground
Dragon: More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Ground STAB: Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Rough Skin (DW) (locked): (Innate) When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

Stats:
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 42
Weight Class: 2

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks (13):
Tackle
Sand Attack
Dragon Rage
Sandstorm
Take Down
Sand Tomb
Slash

Earthquake
Flamethrower
Protect

Outrage
Iron Head
Double Edge

Team devoninja:

Larvitar(*) (F)
Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Rock: Rock STAB; Reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Sand Veil (DW Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Stats:

SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 35 (41 / 1.15 = 35.65 which truncates to 35) (-)
Weight Class: 4

EC: 1/9
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Bite(*)
Leer(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Screech(*)
Chip Away(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Scary Face(*)
Thrash(*)
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Pursuit(*)
Ancientpower(*)
Assurance(*)

Substitute(*)
Toxic(*)
Taunt(*)

16 Moves

Minccino(*) (F)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)
Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Cute Charm: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2). Because Technician is a multiplier on single hit moves, its effect is applied to Base Attack Power before any additive effects.
Skill Link (DW Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon’s skillfull aim makes its multi-hit moves always hit 5 times. The Energy Cost of multi-hit attacks is increased by three (3).

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 75
Weight Class: 1

EC: 2/6
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Pound(*)
Growl(*)
Helping Hand(*)
Tickle(*)
Doubleslap(*)
Encore(*)
Swift(*)
Sing(*)
TailSlap(*)
Wake-Up Slap
After You

Aqua Tail(*)
Endure(*)
Iron Tail(*)

U-turn(*)
Substitute(*)
Double Team(*)
Thief

18 Moves

Gastly(*) (F)

Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)
Type: Ghost/Poison
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
Spe: 80
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 3/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Hypnosis(*)
Lick(*)
Spite(*)
Mean Look(*)
Curse(*)
Night Shade(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Sucker Punch(*)
Shadow Ball
Destiny Bond

Disable(*)
Clear Smog(*)
Grudge(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Energy Ball(*)
Will-o-Wisp(*)
Sludge Bomb
Torment

Bide

19 Moves

Ok, MB's mon and ability, devoninja's mon, ability and orders, MB's orders.

"Well, the choice is easy to make here. Go Metal Salamence the Bagon! May I use Sheer Force? No? Ok then Rock Head it is."

Let's go Minccino, you skillful Technician. Show em what you've got.

Double Team (4 Clones) -> Substitute 15 -> Tail Slap

"O, you posted."

OK, time for some serious RP actions.

First up Metal Salamence, we need to get rid of those clones! Use Dragon Claw on the ledge of the column to hit all of the clones! After that hopefully successful display we'll won't back off. Full on offensive movement for us! Your Super-Effective Brick Break is bound crush that Sub! Finally lets troll and Use Protect. Hey look at us, we're protect trolling.

Summary:
Dragon Claw (on the ledge of the rock column so there is a landslide destorying all of minnico's clones and doing damage) ~ Brick Break ~ Protect

I'd like to say that it doesn't seem likely to me that a .6 meter tall Bagon would be able to do appreciable damage to a stone ledge "5 meters thick" much less knock enough of it loose to cause a landslide which has greater spread than the move Rock Slide.

I was hesitant to post this Objection but was encouraged to on #capasb, so I hope this doesn't come off as rude and of course ref discretion is king. I'd just hate to see my plan to exploit his lack of multi target moves go totally to waste to a Dragon Claw.

I'll be reffing this in the morning, but I can see the Dragon Claw at least creating sparks. Whether these would be enough to destroy the clones, I'm not sure, and will work that out in the morning.

Deck used the power of scientific knowledge and logic to do that, and it's a good idea to cure a burn like that IRL, I think. You're just trying to do something physically impossible. Editing with reffing after breakfast.

Also, I'm now reffing Double Team the way it should be as stated in the DAT, as an evasion modifier, not just creating clones. Thus, 4 clones = +4 evade = move accuracy x 3/7. Any objections, just say.

Team Metal Bagon:

Metal Salamence (Rock Head)
Energy: 100
Speed: 43
Stats: 0

Team devoninja:

Mincinno (Technician)
Speed: 75

Mincinno starts this match in style, creating many illusory copies in order to fool Metal Salamence. He tries to break the rock column with his Dragon Claw, but it only creates sparks - not enough to destroy the clones which survive through sandstorm! As Mincinno creates ANOTHER clone of itself, this time a cardboard cutout to absorb damage, Metal Salamence attempts a Brick Break, but to no avail, he misses the real thing entirely. However, he successfully protects himself when Mincinno goes on the offensive, that damage would have been NASTY from a 5-hit technician STAB Tail Slap!

Calcs:
Mincinno used Double Team x4 (16 energy, +4 evasion)
Bagon used Dragon Claw on the Rock Column (5 energy)
Mincinno is buffeted by Sandstorm (2)
Bagon is buffeted by Sandstorm (2)
Mincinno used Substitute (15 HP, 12 energy, sub created)
Bagon used Brick Break (miss, 6 energy)
Bagon used Protect (15 energy)
Mincinno used Tail Slap. Hit 5 times! (0 damage, 7 energy)

Team Metal Bagon:

HP: 84
Energy: 74

Team devoninja:

Mincinno (Technician)
HP: 69
Energy: 65
Stats: +3 evasion

"That realllllllllly sucks. I hate double team spamers."

Dragon Claw ~ Flamethrower ~ Dragon Claw
SUB: When the troll clones go away SPAM brick break for the rest of the round.

Sorry for the lateness. Uni etc.

Team Metal Bagon:

HP: 84
Energy: 74
Actions: Dragon Claw ~ Flamethrower ~ Dragon Claw
SUB: When the troll clones go away SPAM brick break for the rest of the round.

Team devoninja:

Mincinno (Technician)
HP: 69
Energy: 65
Stats: +3 evasion
Actions: Tail Slap -> Double Slap -> Tail Slap

Calcs:
Mincinno used Tail Slap! Hit 3 times! (14 damage, 5 energy)
Bagon used Dragon Claw! Hit the real Mincinno! The clones disappeared! (13 damage sub, 5 energy)
Mincinno used DoubleSlap! Hit 3 times! (11 damage, 3 energy)
Bagon used Brick Break (14 damage, 6 energy, sub broken)
Mincinno used Tail Slap (miss, 5 energy)
Bagon used Brick Break (14 damage, 10 energy)

Team Metal Bagon:

HP: 53
Energy: 53

Team devoninja:

Mincinno (Technician)
HP: 49
Energy: 52

Normal types "adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions". I have no idea what that means but I kind of thought that it would mean they would stop getting the ill effects of weather. I'm not sure if there is some concrete definition of adapting or what.

Let's just fight it out.

Tail Slap -> DoubleSlap -> Tail Slap

"Don't push your luck."

Protect ~ Dragon Claw ~ Protect
SUB: If Tail Slap misses at any time replace protect with a dragon pulse.

Ok, I'm going to have to ask you both to find a subref - I've come down with the flu and I don't have the energy or concentration to ref. I apologise.

Energy: 53

Mincinno (Technician)
HP: 49
Energy: 52

Bagon protected himself as Mincinno swung her tail around. Then, he retaliated with a Dragon Claw, and she missed while trying to slap him. He protected himself from another tail slap, leaving him with more HP.

Energy: 24

Mincinno (Technician)
HP: 36
Energy: 35

Mincinno used Tail Slap! (-9 energy)
Bagon used Protect! (-12 energy)

Mincinno used Double-Slap! The attack missed! (-3 energy)
Bagon used Dragon Claw! (-13 HP, -5 energy)

Mincinno used Tail Slap! (-5 energy)
Bagon used Protect! (-12 energy)

Alright, he's running low on energy so he has to let up a bit. We don't. Let's show him our stuff.

Tail Slap -> DoubleSlap -> TailSlap

Fire Blast, you're a noob. SoS IS BACK BITCHES. But this might be slow due to uni work. Don't like it? Nothing I can do, my degree gets priority. By the way. Literally about to choke a puppy, so don't be surprised if I fuck up.

Also, Fire Blast forgot Sandstorm last round, so both of you lose 6 HP. FUCK'S SAKE BLAST.

Team Metal Bagon:

HP: 47
Energy: 24

Team devoninja:

Mincinno (Technician)
HP: 30
Energy: 35

Ka-calcs, angry SoS.
Mincinno used Tail Slap! Hit 4 times! (21 damage, 9 energy)
Bagon used Dragon Claw! (13 damage, 5 energy)
Mincinno used Doubleslap! Hit 5 times! (20 damage, 5 energy)
Bagon chilled out (+12 energy)
Mincinno used Tail Slap! Missed! (5 energy)
Bagon used Dragon Claw! (13 damage, 5 energy)
Sandstorm (-6 HP Bagon and Mincinno)

Team Metal Bagon:

HP: 0
Energy: 26

Team devoninja:

Mincinno (Technician)
HP: 0
Energy: 16

MB's next mon, then devoninja's (Mincinno fainted to sandstorm, but Bagon still gets the KOC), and orders, then MB's orders.

Alright Gastly, Levitate out and let's do this.

Shadow Ball -> Will-O-Wisp -> Shadow Ball

If he uses Outrage, replace that action with Bide.

"No Super-Effective moves, O well."

Sand-Tomb - Protect - Iron Head
SUB: IF sand tomb missed the first time THEN use sand tomb on A3 as well and shift all actions down.

Team Metal Bagon:

Roary (Sand Veil)
Speed: 42
Actions: Sand-Tomb - Protect - Iron Head
SUB: IF sand tomb missed the first time THEN use sand tomb on A3 as well and shift all actions down.

Team devoninja:

Gastly (Levitate)
Speed: 80
Actions: Shadow Ball -> Will-O-Wisp -> Shadow Ball
If he uses Outrage, replace that action with Bide.

Calcs:
Gastly used Shadow Ball! (16 damage, 5 energy)
Gible used Sand Tomb! (13 damage, 3 energy, Gastly trapped 4a)
Gastly is buffeted by the sandstorm! (2)
Gastly is hurt by Sand Tomb! (2)
Gible used Protect! (7 energy)
Gastly used Will-o-Wisp (7 energy)
Gastly used Shadow Ball! (miss, 5 energy)
Gible used Iron Head! (10 damage, 6 energy)

Team Metal Bagon:

Roary (Sand Veil)
HP: 74
Energy: 84
Speed: 42

Team devoninja:

Gastly (Levitate)
HP: 55
Energy: 83
Speed: 80

"Hail Sand Veil hax!"

Iron Head ~ Sand Tomb ~ Iron Head
SUB: If Will-o-Wisp is used then use Protect the first time, then flamethrower on every other attempt.

Dang that miss hax. I've literally missed 44% of my attacks. I've never had less than 80% chance of hitting either.

Bide -> Hold -> Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)