Metalheads United ;D

You guys probably know but the new Avenged Sevenfold album is out, Nightmare. It is REALLY good. My favorite song is probably Welcome to the Family or Fiction. Both are really cool.
sorry for double posting, but...
HOLY SHIT! I AM SO GETTING THAT ALBUM!

is it legit or stolen (4shared, rapidshare)?

Plus, show some respect, their drummer died back in '09.
I'm supposed to show respect for a vastly overrated drummer who dies? No, sorry he was nothing special. His whole death is like Dimebag Darrell all over again, dying and getting praise and loads of praise over night and all of sudden people are calling him the best guitarist ever. No disrespect to a guy who seemed like a nice person, but Dimebag Darrell was not even as good as all the hype he got, same with The Rev.

pookar

Banned deucer.
why are you telling someone to RESPECT someone who produced terrible top 40 metalcore for 10 years and died on a fucking drug overdose of oxycontin, valium and alcohol. Sorry. i would rather NOT respect a drug addict who was fed up with the world and decided to overdose.

However, I WOULD respect Mike Portnoy, not only because he overcame alcoholism, but because he wanted (for reasons i still dont know) to help some terrible metalcore band get through an album release and even tour with them.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay, you don't have to respect the drummer, but respect other people's tastes in music. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they "suck" or whatever. I'm really sick of reading posts in this thread that just bash another user for liking a band they don't like. Who cares? Get off your high horses and just enjoy music!

Anyways, to stay on topic I've been downloading some Testament lately, which I've not been overly impressed with. I've also been getting into some celtic metal like Cruachan. It doesn't take itself too seriously and they got some variety what with the different instruments so it's a nice break from traditional metal.

Yeah, I based my name off of the Judas Priest song of the same name. My old avatar was Rob Halford screaming into his mic if that helps.
Naw it didn't offend me or anything I just wondered why...and I got my answer.

Oh shit have you guys mentioned
Flotsam and Jetsam
Destruction
Stone
or
Bitches Sin (that one album anyway/not thrash but Heavy Metal good shit)

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Check out Images & Words, Awake, Scenes from a Memory, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence and their new one solely for the song Count of Tuscany :)

What good Dream Theater albums would you recommend me to get?
Train of Thought. I don't care what rabid Dream Theater fans have to say about this album, it's great.

Also, has there been ANY news on the new Necrophagist album? It's been like 10 years already since their last one and I don't know how much longer I can wait.

Thrash, thrash, thrash. AnthraxFTW

I've grown a liking to 36 Crazyfists even though they are metalcore. As far as hardcore goes Knights of The Abyss is starting to grow on me, IMO best squeals evar! Also August Burns Red to name a few.

Anybody recommend good thrash metal bands that aren't like Metallica, Slayer, Anthax or Megadeth and any good Deathcore bands that aren't mainstream DC like Whitechapel and I'd prefer talent not just speed, loud, and thunder drums.

Anybody recommend good thrash metal bands that aren't like Metallica, Slayer, Anthax or Megadeth and any good Deathcore bands that aren't mainstream DC like Whitechapel and I'd prefer talent not just speed, loud, and thunder drums.
>Good
>Deathcore

Pick one.

As far as thrash metal goes, I recommend you the follow bands with the following albums.

Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Coroner - R.I.P.
D.R.I. - Crossover*
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Stormtroopers of Death - Speak English or Die*
Suicidal Tendencies - Lights... Camera... Revolution*

* = Crossover Thrash

Haha lol. Eh, I like Deathcore.

Not a Celtic Frost or Sepultura fan I can already tell you that *Hides in corner*. Didn't really enjoy Coroner and STofD just seemed...Grindy? 30 Second songs turn me off too.

D.R.I is pretty badass however, love the bass lines. As is Dark Angel, I may have found one of my new favorite bands thank you for bringing them into my life. Also just discovered Warbringer and Ulysses Siren for sure recommended, I've been missing out

August Burns Red
Deathcore bands that aren't mainstream
Not trying to be a dick, since the deathcore argument is so tired it isn't even funny, but.

anyway, on top of the bands that Metal Gods rec'd, I'd check out these, which I listed before:

Atrophy
Demolition Hammer
Sadus
Sabbat
Morbid Saint
Rigor Mortis
Razor

If you like deathcore, check out Suffocation. They're not anywhere near deathcore, but they played a style of death metal in the 90's that inspired it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)