Metalheads United ;D

have i posted about An Autumn For Crippled Children yet?

just listened to their album again, and it's even better than i remembered.

it's about as good as their name is lame. :naughty:

just a question, and a huge bump.
were all of you metalheads growing up, or did some of you switch genres?
for me, i was a rapper, but i felt that it wasn't the thing for me. i started to listen to bfmv and a7x and dethklok, and since then i have learned about metal genres and became a metalhead.
\m/

I started listening to shitty mainstream metalcore/nu metal then I got introduced to other shit.

Speaking of being introduced to other shit, dl'd Jesu's Silver. Don't know if it's metal enough to warrant discussion here, but I listened to it twice and it's mindblowing.

for me, i was a rapper, but i felt that it wasn't the thing for me. i started to listen to bfmv and a7x and dethklok, and since then i have learned about metal genres and became a metalhead.
\m/
Bolded = Huh?

Anyway, to answer you question, no. I started off an ignorant, racist, shallow, top 40 trend following kid. I only recently got into metal in summer 2009. I've grown up as a person.

Bolded = Huh?

Anyway, to answer you question, no. I started off an ignorant, racist, shallow, top 40 trend following kid. I only recently got into metal in summer 2009. I've grown up as a person.
just saying that metalcore is not metal. oh and since then i have forgotten who they are. :/

hey guys, are there any good thrash, progressive, speed, folk bands out there?

don't try to refer me to the metal archives, i've been there, tried the random band thing, with little success.
Testament is good thrash.

Especially The Legacy, The New Order and Low (though Low seems to be up for debate, I like it).

\m/
When I was a kid like 4 or 5 my dad used to come home from work and play all the old classic rock n roll guys like megadeth, cinderella, deep purple, sabbath,hendrix,gensis,ccr etc.
Thats the music I used to listen to till i was like 12. He used to have a huge CD collection that streched over 3 large draws. Everything from the 60s 70s and 80s.
Uriah heep to manfredman, Jethro tull to floyd to yes. So I had heard vast variety of genres as a kid. Then I began listening to other stuff like linkin park and bryan adams. yes I know they suck but something about them, I really liked. I went through a rap phase after and only recently have got into the different genres of metal like black metal, jazz metal, folk metal, progressive metal etc.

And im Loving it...

i started listening to metal when i was 15 or so (2001). Extol: Burial was the first metal i was exposed to, and i was hooked immediately.

I started listening to shitty mainstream metalcore/nu metal then I got introduced to other shit.

Speaking of being introduced to other shit, dl'd Jesu's Silver. Don't know if it's metal enough to warrant discussion here, but I listened to it twice and it's mindblowing.
that's when Jesu stopped being metal, but not when he stopped being awesome.

get Heart Ache, Jesu and Sun Down / Sun Rise for more awesome.

I got into metal when I was six, my mum's a huge classic/prog rock fan (Iron Maiden, Rush, Pink Floyd, Genesis etc) and I was first exposed to Aces High, I was immediately hooked and the entire Live After Death album became a regular in my childhood (and my life since then). For a while Maiden was the only metal band I really listened to, though I did hear AC/DC and Deep Purple quite a lot, but once I got my own iPod (Christmas, I was 11), I started listening to more of what I wanted, than what my parents had on around the house (my dad hates metal so I didn't get to listen to Maiden unless he was out). At this point I discovered Metallica, Black Sabbath songs not named Paranoid, Dream Theater etc and I've been discovering more ever since.

I got into metal when I was six, my mum's a huge classic/prog rock fan (Iron Maiden, Rush, Pink Floyd, Genesis etc) and I was first exposed to Aces High, I was immediately hooked and the entire Live After Death album became a regular in my childhood (and my life since then). For a while Maiden was the only metal band I really listened to, though I did hear AC/DC and Deep Purple quite a lot, but once I got my own iPod (Christmas, I was 11), I started listening to more of what I wanted, than what my parents had on around the house (my dad hates metal so I didn't get to listen to Maiden unless he was out). At this point I discovered Metallica, Black Sabbath songs not named Paranoid, Dream Theater etc and I've been discovering more ever since.
haha, the most awsome feeling in my childhood was blasting master of reality, the album and head banging in my room while parents would be out for dinner, and by blast I mean so loud that the entire house vibrates. Man I miss the good ol' days...

haha, the most awsome feeling in my childhood was blasting master of reality, the album and head banging in my room while parents would be out for dinner, and by blast I mean so loud that the entire house vibrates. Man I miss the good ol' days...
Did that with Fear of the Dark (live) when I was really young. I was home alone and had just realised I could use YouTube to play songs I didn't yet have on my iPod (We'd lost the album) and my mum came in and shouted TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN, then paused and said "Oh God I sound like my father!"

Did that with Fear of the Dark (live) when I was really young. I was home alone and had just realised I could use YouTube to play songs I didn't yet have on my iPod (We'd lost the album) and my mum came in and shouted TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN, then paused and said "Oh God I sound like my father!"

this...makes me feel really really old. :|

Testament is good thrash.

Especially The Legacy, The New Order and Low (though Low seems to be up for debate, I like it).
Not big on Testament. They just bore me to hell, save The Legacy. Any other thrash bands you enjoy other than Testament? ._.

Testament are fine, typically solid thrash, but they would have been a lot more enjoyable with a better overall sound quality.

pookar

Banned deucer.
in regards to origins of liking metal, my mom told me a story about how, when i was young, i like judas priest's screaming for vengeance album and asked her to play it. i cant comment on the validity of this story, but i like it

i grew up on radio music and eminem mostly, until i hit age 13/14 aka "listen to ac/dc and led zeppelin but only like 3 songs" phase. at age 14 or 15, smogon introduced me to dream theater and it grew from there.

also, to comment on testament. not to say the album i heard was bad or anything, but nothing stood out in the songs as opposed to say, megadeth or overkill do sometimes.

SDJFAKLSHE FJK;HSDLKHFAJKHDSJH;J

MIKE PORTNOY LEFT DREAM THEATER!!!

AND FOR WHAT? A SHITTY METALCORE BAND!
[/fan rage]
i'll never listen to dream theater the same way again. ;_;
but if it's his decision, and he has to quit, then, i must respect that.
there's a bright side to this though. the guy who replaces him must be a god among men.

SDJFAKLSHE FJK;HSDLKHFAJKHDSJH;J

MIKE PORTNOY LEFT DREAM THEATER!!!

AND FOR WHAT? A SHITTY METALCORE BAND!
[/fan rage]
i'll never listen to dream theater the same way again. ;_;
but if it's his decision, and he has to quit, then, i must respect that.
there's a bright side to this though. the guy who replaces him must be a god among men.
ADSOFAHOSDFIJUQPOIWJUDIOSFSODIFAHDSFIOHASDOIF

This is like... the worst news ever.

Okay, Avenged Sevenfold isn't that bad, and his reasons for leaving are actually pretty understandable.

Still... it's pretty tragic that one of the greatest bands in the world lost one of the greatest drummers in the world.

it makes me feel old because there's now people posting on the internet who don't remember a time when there wasn't youtube and ipods.
I do actually, I remember my dad getting one of the first superhuge iPods for his birthday or something. Don't remember YouTube cause I wasn't on the internet very much.

Also ASDIOSDHFUJHDSFIUHDSIUFYHDUIFHDIUFGHRG at Portnoy leaving DT =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)