Metang (Update) QC [3/3] GP [2/2]

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This update is around the Overview, the second set, the Other options, and Checks and Counters. The first set, Offensive Utility which was made not that long ago by JoshuaMunoz, will be simply c/p.

[Overview]

<p>Metang finds a niche thanks to its ability to act as a reliable counter to Jynx and many other Psychic-type and Normal-type Pokemon. Thanks to its decent bulk, which is enhanced further by Eviolite, Metang makes excellent use of its defensive typing to take on many of the offensive Pokemon in the tier, most notably Kangaskhan, Zangoose, Braviary, Serperior, and Musharna. Unfortunately, Metang has difficulty staying around for long due to its lack of recovery and the abundance of Ground- and Fire-type attacks in the tier. Metang's STAB moves lack coverage and have average power, which forces it to rely on Toxic to inflict damage against many common opponents.</p>

[SET]
name: Offensive Utility
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Meteor Mash
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Bullet Punch
item: Eviolite
ability: Clear Body
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>One glance at Metang's stats might suggest that it is suited to act as a defensive wall, but underestimate offensive Metang at your own risk, as it hits many of the offensive threats in the tier hard. Courtesy of its great bulk, Metang can also check physical and special attackers alike, such as Primeape, Scolipede, Jynx, and Musharna. Unfortunately, Metang still cannot beat common leads such as Piloswine and Golem one-on-one, but it can survive an Earthquake from them, allowing it to make a move before it dies. Stealth Rock is a handy move on Metang, chipping off health from Pokemon such as Charizard and Rotom-S to which Metang can do little otherwise. Meteor Mash is a strong STAB move, 2HKOing Serperior, Primeape, and Scolipede. Toxic is essential for Metang to cripple Tangela and Alomomola, and it also allows Metang to beat Musharna without gambling on Meteor Mash Attack boosts. Bullet Punch might seem odd as it limits Metang's coverage, but it is incredibly useful, knocking out Jynx after Stealth Rock damage and picking off other frail threats such as Primeape, Haunter, and weakened Scolipede.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>176 Attack EVs allow Metang to break +1 Defense Braviary's Substitute; adding more doesn't help it net any notable KOs. 80 Special Defense EVs make it easier for Metang to sponge special hits from Haunter and Jynx. Even though both of Metang's abilities give little benefit, Clear Body is the better option, as it prevents unexpected stat drops from Shadow Ball and Psychic. As for other moves, Psych Up allows Metang to copy stat boosts from Substitute + Bulk Up Braviary effectively. Pursuit can be used over Bullet Punch to catch Haunter, Jynx, and Kadabra as they attempt to switch, but it doesn't serve much use otherwise because it's pathetically weak against other Pokemon. Earthquake enables Metang to hit the likes of Samurott and Skuntank harder, but it shouldn't stay in on Samurott anyway and Skuntank does not survive constant Meteor Mashes either.</p>

<p>As far as partners go, Ludicolo is a great teammate as it can beat the Fire- and Ground-types that Metang despises; it also handles certain Water-types such as Alomomola, Seismitoad, and special Samurott well. Misdreavus is also a good teammate, as it is immune to Ground-type attacks and can threaten Golem, Armaldo, Piloswine, and other common leads with Will-O-Wisp and Taunt. Anything that can take on strong Fire-types helps, thus making Carracosta and Seismitoad effective partners for Metang, but they should be wary of Hidden Power Grass that the Fire-types might carry. Pokemon that find Normal- and Flying-types troublesome generally appreciate Metang's presence; Serperior and Primeape are the most noteworthy of these. Alomomola can pass big Wishes to Metang and resists Fire-type attacks aimed at it.</p>

[SET]
name: Physically Defensive
move 4: Psych Up
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Eviolite boosting its stellar Defense, Metang becomes a usable physical wall. Metang differentiates itself from other Steel-types in NU with its amazing typing, which is greatly appreciated on stall teams as it lets Metang not only wall popular Normal-, Psychic-, and Flying-types such as Zangoose, Kangaskhan, Jynx, Musharna, Braviary, and Swellow, but also keep its important resistances and take neutral hits from Fighting-type moves.</p>

<p>Metang takes advantage of its resistances by using them to find opportunities to support its team with entry hazards in the form of Stealth Rock. Meteor Mash is Metang's strongest STAB move to directly damage its foes while potentially boosting its Attack. Toxic gives Metang a way to wear down bulky Pokemon trying to set up on it that would otherwise take very little damage from its other attacks. Psych Up is used in the fourth moveslot to copy the boost from Pokemon that think they can set up on Metang, such as Substitute + Bulk Up Braviary, Calm Mind Musharna with Heal Bell, Substitute + Calm Mind Serperior, and Bulk Up Scraggy.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If your team needs Metang to take special attacks, an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful nature can be used, as it lets Metang take hits from Pokemon such as Gardevoir and Jynx more effectively. As far as partners go, stall partners such as Alomomola, which in particular can easily take any Ground-type move headed toward Metang and provide it with recovery in the form of Wish, and others are your best choices. Zweilous is also a great partner, as it can easily take hits from special attackers such as Charizard, Samurott, and Ludicolo, and along with Metang, wall every relevant special attacker when used together. Furthermore, Metang can still cover most physical attackers. Audino and Lickilicky also pair well with Metang, as they can tank a special attack, provide recovery with Wish, and heal status conditions with Heal Bell.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Surprisingly, Metang has a lot of options in its movepool. Sleep Talk could be used as a filler if you need someone to absorb sleep afflictions from Pokemon such as Jynx and Exeggutor. Rock Slide could be used if your team is weak to Charizard, but you'll have to predict Charizard's switch in, as it'll force Metang out most of the time. Zen Headbutt could also be used over Meteor Mash, but Metang would become setup bait for Dark-types. An offensive Metang with moves such as Hone Claw and Agility might seem good, but it won't go far with its low Speed and its average Attack. Dual screens are possible, but Metang needs Eviolite to take hits better, and it doesn't have the space in its moveset to run these moves. RestTalk might seem like a good idea, as Metang has no other recovery move and lack Leftovers, but it just doesn't have the space for it. Keep in mind that using Hone Claws and RestTalk in the same set is Metang's best bet as a RestTalk user. Finally, Rest alone can also be used as a filler if you want the recovery and have a Heal Bell user such as Audino on your team, but Metang doesn't have the moveslots to spare.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Even though Metang has some offensive presence, its lack of coverage leaves it open to being set up on by some Pokemon, including Swords Dance Charizard, Swords Dance Samurott, Rock Polish + Swords Dance Torterra, Shell Smash Carracosta, Shell Smash Gorebyss, and Rain Dance Ludicolo. Keep in mind though, that most of them won't enjoy being hit by Toxic. Other than that, Pokemon able to hit Metang hard with a special attack or strong super effective move, such as Charizard, Samurott, Seismitoad, Eelektross, Choice Band Torterra, and Golurk, can easily force Metang out.</p>

<p>Magnet Pull Probopass is great against Metang, as it is able to finish Metang off with Earth Power and takes almost nothing from Metang's Meteor Mash, but it must watch out for the occasional Earthquake. Golem can also check Metang, but keep in mind it'll come out weakened at best. Also, Pokemon commonly running Taunt such as Mandibuzz, which can take any hit from Metang, constantly wear it down with Foul Play, and heal itself with Roost, and Misdreavus, which can Heal Bell if Metang hits it with Toxic and can Will-O-Wisp Metang to wear it down, can easily kill Metang. Being grounded, Spikes hinders Metang's survivability quite a lot; add to that its lack of recovery outside of the unreliable RestTalk, and Metang is easy to wear down.</p>

Last edited by a moderator:

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In the Overview while talking about its resists mention that because of them its used as a catch all check to common mons such as: Jynx, Musharna, Kangaskhan, Braviary, and Serperior.

For the physically defensive set on the first point mention that this set is specifically for stall teams. And yes your uses for Psych Up are correct, although it is almost entirely for SubBU Braviary. It doesn't need to Psych Up to beat CM Sharna or Serp but it can help. It can also help against BU Scraggy who is extremely threatening to stall teams.

For AC you can add a specially defensive EV spread here to help vs things like Gardevoir and Jynx as well as stall partners such as: Alomomola (Wish), SpD Zweilous (Complementary wall; covers a lot of threats alongside Metang and can phaze)

In OO I would also remove the Light Metal over Clear Body mention. There is never a situation were I would rather have LM over CB since nothing really uses Low Kick anyways and Clear Body preventing Def and SpD drops is really useful.

I can finish checking once you add the rest.

Mention an Agility set with Life Orb. I used it on a team once and it was decent against offensive teams. Coverage moves were Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Earthquake.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
um can you explain what agility lo metang does that any other physical sweeper doesn't because i can't think of one reason to use it

um can you explain what agility lo metang does that any other physical sweeper doesn't because i can't think of one reason to use it
It's a way different and OO-worthy approach to using Metang first of all, so I don't see any harm in mentioning it. It has the typing to switch into stuff, boost up, and proceed to hit things for pretty good damage. The potential Attack boosts make it even better as well. It struggles against heavy physical walls, but that goes for the majority of physical sweepers anyway. Like I said, it does fairly well against offensive teams and it's not a terrible late-game sweeper.

EDIT: Oh, after rereading my post I guess I wasn't clear that my intention was for it to be put under Other Options. My bad.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I mean you can mention it in OO but the mention should be like "Metang can use Agility, but it's extremely weak compared to other boosting Pokemon". Base 75 attack with no way to boost it is pretty pitiful, as opposed to even RP Golurk, which has base 124 atk to work with.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I mean you can mention it in OO but the mention should be like "Metang can use Agility, but it's extremely weak compared to other boosting Pokemon". Base 75 attack with no way to boost it is pretty pitiful, as opposed to even RP Golurk, which has base 124 atk to work with.
It can actually use Hone Claws to boost, but we all know it's OO material, same for Agility, as I think Metang is better at taking hits than trying to sweep.

I'd expand on checks and counters a bit, mention magnet pull probopass pls :) (i use it)

anyways this is good so i dont have a lot to add right now

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
Oh wow, how did I forgot Magnet Pull Probopass? (I use it myself time to time) I'll add it to CC.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
All of the Pokemon mentions you have as the first point in Checks and Counters can be separated into 2 categories; which I'll get to in a bit. You can expand the Checks and Counters section by mentioning that even though it has some offensive presence to an extent, its lack of coverage leaves it open to being set up on by some Pokemon. Then from what you already have listed you can use: SD Charizard, SD Samurott, Carracosta, Ludicolo, SD/Rock Polish Torterra, and Coil Eelektross as Pokemon capable of setting up on it. Special Charizard, special Samurott, Seismitoad, special Eel, CB Torterra, and Golurk instead should be mentioned as checks. Basically the split being that the set up ones are more dangerous since they can boost up freely while the latter just force you out.

Golem being mentioned is ok, but do add that Golem trying to check Metang will result in both being weakened.

QC Approved 1/3

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
Made the changes, feel free to tell me if the two categories aren't separated correctly.

EDIT After requests, I decided to change the order in the AC of the first set to make things more clear.

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS] (Physically Defensive)
  • Mention that Audino and Lickilicky can also use Heal Bell to recover Metang from annoying burns
[Other Options]
  • Add that either set can use Sleep Talk as a filler so that you have a Sleep absorber for things like Jynx and Exeggutor
[Checks and Counters]
  • The list of Pokemon that can set up on Metang won't like taking a Toxic, so while they are still good checks, you can add the Toxic mention
This is really good. :)

QC Approved 2/3

add in OO that metang can just use rest as a filler option and to recover hp and a heal beller can later get rid of the sleep (only on stall teams)
when you mention resttalk, state that resttalk honeclaws is its best chance at using resttalk
mention somewhere whether in overview or checks and counters that spikes really hinder metang alot because of its lack of recovery
add subsmash gorebyss to the list of things that can set up on metang in checks and counters

good job bro qc 3/3 =)~

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hihi, amcheck! Nice job, just avoid using 'it' to describe Metang to excess, and remember, 'you' should pertain to the player, not Metang itself. Remember, change the title to "Copyediting" as well!

Additions
Removes
Comments
[Overview]

<p>Metang is worth its weight in gold thanks to its ability to act as a reliable counter to Jynx and most many other Psychic-type Pokemon. Thanks to its decent bulk, which is enhanced further by Eviolite, it Metang makes excellent use of its defensive typing to handle Normal-, Flying-, Grass-, Ice-, and Poison-type many offensive Pokemon in the tier, most notably Kangaskhan, Braviary, Serperior, and Scolipede. Pokemon as well. With common threats such as Kangaskhan, Braviary, Serperior, and Scolipede. (This sentence is just out of place, so I added it to the previous one.) Unfortunately, (AC) it Metang isn't a defensive juggernaut with due to its lack of recovery and the abundance of Ground- and Fire-type attacks in the tier. Its Metang's Steel-type (maybe say STAB moves instead? Kinda flows better, but your version isn't grammatically incorrect, so it's your call.) moves are also easily resisted lack coverage and it has average power at best, which forces it to rely on Toxic to inflict damage against many common opponents.</p>

(Since this set already went through GP checks not long ago, I won't mess with it to excess.)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>One glance at Metang's stats might suggest that it is suited to act as a defensive wall, but underestimate offensive Metang at your own risk, as it hits many of the offensive threats in the tier hard. Courtesy of its great bulk, Metang can also check physical and special attackers alike, namely Primeape, Scolipede, Jynx, and Musharna. Unfortunately, Metang still cannot beat common leads such as Piloswine and Golem one-on-one, but it can survive an Earthquake from them, allowing it to make a move before it dies. Stealth Rock is a handy move on Metang, chipping off health from Pokemon such as Charizard and Rotom-S, to whom Metang can do little otherwise. Meteor Mash is a strong STAB move, 2HKOing Serperior, Primeape, and Scolipede. Toxic is essential for Metang to cripple Tangela and Alomomola, while also allowing it to beat Musharna without gambling on Meteor Mash Attack boosts. Bullet Punch might seem odd as it limits Metang's coverage, but is incredibly useful, knocking out Jynx after Stealth Rock damage, while also picking off other frail threats such as Primeape, Haunter, and weakened Scolipede.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>176 Attack EVs allow Metang to break +1 Defense Braviary's Substitute; adding more doesn't help it net any notable KOs. 80 Special Defense EVs make it easier for Metang to sponge special hits from Haunter and Jynx. Even though both of Metang's abilities give little benefit, Clear Body is the better option, as it prevents unexpected stat drops from Shadow Ball or Psychic. Psych Up allows Metang to copy stat boosts from SubBU Braviary effectively. Pursuit can be used on the slot over Bullet Punch to catch Haunter, Jynx, and Kadabra as they attempt to switch, but it doesn't serve much use otherwise because it's pathetically weak against other Pokemon. Earthquake enables Metang to hit the likes of Samurott and Skuntank harder, but Metang shouldn't stay in on Samurott anyway and Skuntank does not survive constant Meteor Mashes either.</p>

<p>As far as partners go, Ludicolo is a great teammate as it can beat the Fire- and Ground-types that Metang despises; it also handles certain Water-types such as Alomomola, Seismitoad, and special Samurott well. Misdreavus is also a good teammate, as it is immune to Ground-type attacks and can threaten Golem, Armaldo, Piloswine, and other common leads with Will-O-Wisp or Taunt. Anything that can take on strong Fire-types helps, thus making Carracosta and Seismitoad effective partners for Metang, though but they should be wary of Hidden Power Grass that the Fire-types might carry. Pokemon who find Normal- and Flying-types troublesome generally appreciate Metang's presence; Serperior and Primeape are the most noteworthy of these. Alomomola can pass big Wishes to Metang while resisting Fire-type attacks aimed at it.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Eviolite boosting its stellar base 100 Defense, Metang becomes a usable physical wall. Metang differentiates itself from other Steel-types in NU with its amazing typing, which is greatly appreciated on stall teams as it lets Metang not only wall popular Normal-, Psychic-, and Flying-types, which include such as Zangoose, Kangaskhan, Jynx, Musharna, Braviary, and Swellow, but it also allows Metang to keep while keeping its important resistances and taking take neutral hits from Fighting-type moves.</p>

<p>Meanwhile, Metang takes advantage of its resistances by having being able to find opportunities to support its team with entry hazards in the form of Stealth Rock. Meteor Mash is Metang's strongest STAB move of choice to directly damage its foes while potentially boosting its Attack. Toxic gives Metang a way to wear down bulky Pokemon trying to set up on it that would otherwise take very little damage from Metang's other attacks. Psych Up is used in the fourth moveslot to copy the boost from Pokemon who that thinks they can set up on Metang, such as Substitute + Bulk Up SubBU Braviary, Calm Mind Musharna with Heal Bell, Substitute + Calm Mind SubCM Serperior, and Bulk Up Scraggy, and way more.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If your team needs Metang to take special attacks, an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful Nature can be used, (AC) as it'll let you Metang take hits from Pokemon such as Gardevoir and Jynx more effectively.</p>(You can just combine these two paragraphs together.)

<p>As far as partners go, stall partners such as Alomomola, which in particular can easily eat take any Ground-type move headed toward Metang and provide the latter it with recovery in the form of Wish, (AC) are good choices. Zweilous is also a great partner, (AC) as it can easily take hits from special attackers such as Charizard, Samurott, and Ludicolo, (AC) and together they wall every relevant special attacker when used together, while Metang can still cover most physical attackers. Audino and Lickylicky Lickilicky also pairs well with Metang, (AC) as they can eat tank a special attack, provide recovery with Wish, and heal annyoing burn status conditions with Heal Bell.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Surprisingly, Metang has a lot of options in its movepool. Sleep Talk could be used as a filler if you need a sleep absorber for Pokemon someone to absorb sleep afflictions for Pokemon such as like Jynx and Exeggutor. Rock Slide could be used if your team is weak to Charizard, but most of the time you'll have to predict Charizard's switch in, (AC) as it'll usually force you Metang out most of the time. Zen Headbutt could also be used over Meteor Mash, but you Metang would become set(no space, just 'setup')up bait to Dark-types. An offensive Metang with moves such as Hone Claw or Agility might seem good, but it won't go far with its low sSpeed and its average base 75 aAttack. Dual screens could also be usable are possible, but Metang needs Eviolite to take hits better, (AC) and it doesn't have the space in its moveset to run these moves. Rest alone can also be used as a filler if you want the recovery and have a Heal Bell user such as Audino in your team, but keep in mind that its is better on stall teams. Finally, Rest and Sleep Talk (Could simplify this to RestTalk; I'd recommend it) might seem like a good idea, as Metang has no other recovery move and lack Leftovers, but it just doesn't have the space for it. Keep in mind that using Hone Claw + and RestTalk in the same set is Metang's best bet as a RestTalker user.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Even though Metang has some offensive presence in Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch, its lack of coverage leaves it open to being set up on by some Pokemon, including: Sword Dance Charizard, Sword Dance Samurott, Rock Polish or Sword Dance Torterra, Coil Eelektross, Shell Smash Carracosta, Shell Smash Gorebyss, and Rain Dance Ludicolo. Keep in mind that most of them won't enjoy being hit by Toxic, (AC) though. (space) Other than that, Pokemon able to hit Metang hard from the with a special side attack or to hit it with a strong super effectives move, (AC) such as Charizard, Samurott, Seismitoad, Eelektross, Choice Band Torterra, and Golurk, (AC) can easily force Metang out.</p>

<p>Probopass with the ability Magnet Pull is a great Pokemon against Metang, being as it is able finish it Metang off with Earth Power while taking almost nothing from Metang's Meteor Mash, but you've to keep in mind some Metang run Earthquake watch out for the occasional Earthquake. Golem can also check Metang, but keep in mind it'll come out weakened at best. Also, Pokemon commonly running Taunt such as Mandibuzz, which can take any hit from Metang while constantly wear it down with Foul Play and healing itself with Roost, and Misdreavus, which can Heal Bell if you Metang hits it with Toxic it and while being able to Will-O-Wisp Metang to wear it down, can easily kill Metang. Being grounded, Spikes hinders Metang's survivability quite a lot, (RC); add to that its lack of recovery outside of the unreliable RestTalk, (AC) and it make Metang can be easy to worn wear down.</p>

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
Thanks a lot Governess! I implemented everything :toast: and sorry if I didn't put the Copyediting tag earlier: I was reading threads about the PokeGrammar and some dictionary online trying to find errors in the analyse, as I have some difficulty with my english!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
doing an official check @Governess I was traveling today which is why I disappeared

anyway mainly just a stamp on Gov's check

[Overview]

<p>Metang is worth its weight in gold thanks to its ability to act as a reliable counter to Jynx and many other Psychic-type Pokemon. Thanks to its decent bulk, which is enhanced further by Eviolite, Metang makes excellent use of its defensive typing to handle many offensive Pokemon in the tier, most notably Kangaskhan, Braviary, Serperior, and Scolipede. Unfortunately, Metang isn't a defensive juggernaut due to its lack of recovery and the abundance of Ground- and Fire-type attacks in the tier. Metang's STAB moves lack coverage and has have average power, which forces it to rely on Toxic to inflict damage against many common opponents.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>One glance at Metang's stats might suggest that it is suited to act as a defensive wall, but underestimate offensive Metang at your own risk, as it hits many of the offensive threats in the tier hard. Courtesy of its great bulk, Metang can also check physical and special attackers alike, namely Primeape, Scolipede, Jynx, and Musharna. Unfortunately, Metang still cannot beat common leads such as Piloswine and Golem one-on-one, but it can survive an Earthquake from them, allowing it to make a move before it dies. Stealth Rock is a handy move on Metang, chipping off health from Pokemon such as Charizard and Rotom-S, to whom which Metang can do little otherwise. Meteor Mash is a strong STAB move, 2HKOing Serperior, Primeape, and Scolipede. Toxic is essential for Metang to cripple Tangela and Alomomola, while also allowing and also allows Metang it to beat Musharna without gambling on Meteor Mash's Attack boosts. Bullet Punch might seem odd as it limits Metang's coverage, but it is incredibly useful, knocking out Jynx after Stealth Rock damage, while and also picking off other frail threats such as Primeape, Haunter, and weakened Scolipede.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>176 Attack EVs allow Metang to break +1 Defense Braviary's Substitute; adding more doesn't help it net any notable KOs. 80 Special Defense EVs make it easier for Metang to sponge special hits from Haunter and Jynx. Even though both of Metang's abilities give little benefit, Clear Body is the better option, as it prevents unexpected stat drops from Shadow Ball or Psychic. As for other moves, Psych Up allows Metang to copy stat boosts from SubBU Braviary effectively. Pursuit can be used on the slot over Bullet Punch to catch Haunter, Jynx, and Kadabra as they attempt to switch, but it doesn't serve much use otherwise because it's pathetically weak against other Pokemon. Earthquake enables Metang to hit the likes of Samurott and Skuntank harder, but Metang shouldn't stay in on Samurott anyway and Skuntank does not survive constant Meteor Mashes either.</p>

<p>As far as partners go, Ludicolo is a great teammate as it can beat the Fire- and Ground-types that Metang despises; it also handles certain Water-types such as Alomomola, Seismitoad, and special Samurott well. Misdreavus is also a good teammate, as it is immune to Ground-type attacks and can threaten Golem, Armaldo, Piloswine, and other common leads with Will-O-Wisp or Taunt. Anything that can take on strong Fire-types helps, thus making Carracosta and Seismitoad effective partners for Metang, but they should be wary of Hidden Power Grass that the Fire-types might carry. Pokemon who that find Normal- and Flying-types troublesome generally appreciate Metang's presence; Serperior and Primeape are the most noteworthy of these. Alomomola can pass big Wishes to Metang and resists while resisting Fire-type attacks aimed at it.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Eviolite boosting its stellar base 100 Defense, Metang becomes a usable physical wall. Metang differentiates itself from other Steel-types in NU with its amazing typing, which is greatly appreciated on stall teams as it lets Metang not only wall popular Normal-, Psychic-, and Flying-types, which include Zangoose, Kangaskhan, Jynx, Musharna, Braviary, and Swellow, but it also allows Metang to keep its important resistances and take neutral hits from Fighting-type moves.</p>

<p>Metang takes[add s] advantage of its resistances by using them being able to find opportunities to support its team with entry hazards in the form of Stealth Rock. Meteor Mash is Metang's strongest STAB move of choice to directly damage directly its foes while potentially boosting its Attack. Toxic gives Metang a way to wear down bulky Pokemon trying to set up on it that would otherwise take very little damage from Metang's other attacks. Psych Up is used in the fourth moveslot to copy the boost from Pokemon that thinks they can set up on Metang, such as SubBU Braviary, Calm Mind Musharna with Heal Bell, SubCM Serperior, and Bulk Up Scraggy.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If your team needs Metang to take special attacks, an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful Nature can be used, as it'll let Metang take hits from Pokemon such as Gardevoir and Jynx more effectively. As far as partners go, stall partners such as Alomomola, which in particular can easily take any Ground-type move headed toward Metang and provide it with recovery in the form of Wish, and others are your[add r] choices. Zweilous is also a great partner, as it can easily take hits from special attackers such as Charizard, Samurott, and Ludicolo, and they wall every relevant special attacker when used together. Furthermore, while Metang can still cover most physical attackers[add s]. Audino and Lickilicky also pairs[remove s] well with Metang, as they can tank a special attack, provide recovery with Wish, and heal status conditions with Heal Bell.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Surprisingly, Metang has a lot of options in its movepool. Sleep Talk could be used as a filler if you need someone to absorb sleep afflictions for Pokemon such as Jynx and Exeggutor. Rock Slide could be used if your team is weak to Charizard, but you'll have to predict Charizard's switch in, as it'll usually force Metang out most of the time. Zen Headbutt could also be used over Meteor Mash, but Metang would become setup bait to Dark-types. An offensive Metang with moves such as Hone Claw or Agility might seem good, but it won't go far with its low Speed and its average base 75 Attack. Dual screens are possible, but Metang needs Eviolite to take hits better, and it doesn't have the space in its moveset to run these moves. Rest alone can also be used as a filler if you want the recovery and have a Heal Bell user such as Audino in your team, but keep in mind that its is better on stall teams. Finally, RestTalk might seem like a good idea, as Metang has no other recovery move and lack Leftovers, but it just doesn't have the space for it. Keep in mind that using Hone Claw and RestTalk in the same set is Metang's best bet as a RestTalk user.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Even though Metang has some offensive presence in Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch, its lack of coverage leaves it open to being set up on by some Pokemon, including:[remove colon] Sword Dance Charizard, Sword Dance Samurott, Rock Polish or Sword Dance Torterra, Coil Eelektross, Shell Smash Carracosta, Shell Smash Gorebyss, and Rain Dance Ludicolo. Keep in mind that most of them won't enjoy being hit by Toxic, though. Other than that, Pokemon able to hit Metang hard with a special attack or with a strong super effective move, such as Charizard, Samurott, Seismitoad, Eelektross, Choice Band Torterra, and Golurk, can easily force Metang out.</p>

<p>Probopass with the ability Magnet Pull is great against Metang, as it is able finish Metang off with Earth Power while taking and takes almost nothing from Metang's Meteor Mash, but watch out for the occasional Earthquake. Golem can also check Metang, but keep in mind it'll come out weakened at best. Also, Pokemon commonly running Taunt such as Mandibuzz, which can take any hit from Metang while and constantly wear it down with Foul Play and healing itself with Roost, and Misdreavus, which can Heal Bell if Metang hits it with Toxic while being able to and can Will-O-Wisp Metang to wear it down, can easily kill Metang. Being grounded, Spikes hinders Metang's survivability quite a lot; add to that its lack of recovery outside of the unreliable RestTalk, and Metang can be is easy to wear down.</p>

GP 1/2

Last edited:
GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple
[Overview]

<p>Metang is worth its weight in gold thanks to its ability to act as a reliable counter to Jynx and many other Psychic-type Pokemon. Thanks to its decent bulk, which is enhanced further by Eviolite, Metang makes excellent use of its defensive typing to handle many offensive Pokemon in the tier, most notably Kangaskhan, Braviary, Serperior, and Scolipede. Unfortunately, Metang isn't a defensive juggernaut due to its lack of recovery and the abundance of Ground- and Fire-type attacks in the tier. Metang's STAB moves lack coverage and have average power, which forces it to rely on Toxic to inflict damage against many common opponents.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>One glance at Metang's stats might suggest that it is suited to act as a defensive wall, but underestimate offensive Metang at your own risk, as it hits many of the offensive threats in the tier hard. Courtesy of its great bulk, Metang can also check physical and special attackers alike, namely such as Primeape, Scolipede, Jynx, and Musharna. Unfortunately, Metang still cannot beat common leads such as Piloswine and Golem one-on-one, but it can survive an Earthquake from them, allowing it to make a move before it dies. Stealth Rock is a handy move on Metang, chipping off health from Pokemon such as Charizard and Rotom-S, (either remove this comma or add one before such as) to which Metang can do little otherwise. Meteor Mash is a strong STAB move, 2HKOing Serperior, Primeape, and Scolipede. Toxic is essential for Metang to cripple Tangela and Alomomola, and it also allows Metang to beat Musharna without gambling on Meteor Mash Attack boosts. Bullet Punch might seem odd as it limits Metang's coverage, but it is incredibly useful, knocking out Jynx after Stealth Rock damage, (remove comma) and picking off other frail threats such as Primeape, Haunter, and weakened Scolipede.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>176 Attack EVs allow Metang to break +1 Defense Braviary's Substitute; adding more doesn't help it net any notable KOs. 80 Special Defense EVs make it easier for Metang to sponge special hits from Haunter and Jynx. Even though both of Metang's abilities give little benefit, Clear Body is the better option, as it prevents unexpected stat drops from Shadow Ball or and Psychic. As for other moves, Psych Up allows Metang to copy stat boosts from SubBU Substitute + Bulk Up Braviary effectively. Pursuit can be used on the slot over Bullet Punch to catch Haunter, Jynx, and Kadabra as they attempt to switch, but it doesn't serve much use otherwise because it's pathetically weak against other Pokemon. Earthquake enables Metang to hit the likes of Samurott and Skuntank harder, but Metang it shouldn't stay in on Samurott anyway and Skuntank does not survive constant Meteor Mashes either.</p>

<p>As far as partners go, Ludicolo is a great teammate as it can beat the Fire- and Ground-types that Metang despises; it also handles certain Water-types such as Alomomola, Seismitoad, and special Samurott well. Misdreavus is also a good teammate, as it is immune to Ground-type attacks and can threaten Golem, Armaldo, Piloswine, and other common leads with Will-O-Wisp or and Taunt. Anything that can take on strong Fire-types helps, thus making Carracosta and Seismitoad effective partners for Metang, but they should be wary of Hidden Power Grass that the Fire-types might carry. Pokemon that find Normal- and Flying-types troublesome generally appreciate Metang's presence; Serperior and Primeape are the most noteworthy of these. Alomomola can pass big Wishes to Metang and resists Fire-type attacks aimed at it.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Eviolite boosting its stellar base 100 Defense, Metang becomes a usable physical wall. Metang differentiates itself from other Steel-types in NU with its amazing typing, which is greatly appreciated on stall teams as it lets Metang not only wall popular Normal-, Psychic-, and Flying-types, (remove comma) which include such as Zangoose, Kangaskhan, Jynx, Musharna, Braviary, and Swellow, but also allows Metang to keep its important resistances and take neutral hits from Fighting-type moves.</p>

<p>Metang takes advantage of its resistances by using them to find opportunities to support its team with entry hazards in the form of Stealth Rock. Meteor Mash is Metang's strongest STAB move to damage directly its foes while potentially boosting its Attack. Toxic gives Metang a way to wear down bulky Pokemon trying to set up on it that would otherwise take very little damage from Metang's its other attacks. Psych Up is used in the fourth moveslot to copy the boost from Pokemon that thinks think they can set up on Metang, such as SubBU Substitute + Bulk Up Braviary, Calm Mind Musharna with Heal Bell, SubCM Substitute + Calm Mind Serperior, and Bulk Up Scraggy.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If your team needs Metang to take special attacks, an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful Nature nature can be used, as it'll let it lets Metang take hits from Pokemon such as Gardevoir and Jynx more effectively. As far as partners go, stall partners such as Alomomola, which in particular can easily take any Ground-type move headed toward Metang and provide it with recovery in the form of Wish, and others are your best choices. Zweilous is also a great partner, as it can easily take hits from special attackers such as Charizard, Samurott, and Ludicolo, and they it and Metang wall every relevant special attacker when used together. Furthermore, Metang can still cover most physical attackers. Audino and Lickilicky also pair well with Metang, as they can tank a special attack, provide recovery with Wish, and heal status conditions with Heal Bell.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Surprisingly, Metang has a lot of options in its movepool. Sleep Talk could be used as a filler if you need someone to absorb sleep afflictions for from (only make this change if I understood you right and you meant that Jynx and Exeggutor are the ones putting things to sleep; ignore this if they're the ones being put to sleep) Pokemon such as Jynx and Exeggutor. Rock Slide could be used if your team is weak to Charizard, but you'll have to predict Charizard's switch in, as it'll usually force Metang out most of the time. Zen Headbutt could also be used over Meteor Mash, but Metang would become setup bait to for Dark-types. An offensive Metang with moves such as Hone Claw or and Agility might seem good, but it won't go far with its low Speed and its average base 75 Attack. Dual screens are possible, but Metang needs Eviolite to take hits better, and it doesn't have the space in its moveset to run these moves. RestTalk might seem like a good idea, as Metang has no other recovery move and lack Leftovers, but it just doesn't have the space for it. Keep in mind that using Hone Claws and RestTalk on the same set is Metang's best bet as a RestTalk user. Finally, Rest alone can also be used as a filler if you want the recovery and have a Heal Bell user such as Audino in on your team, but keep in mind that its this is better on stall teams (ignore this if I'm interpretting you wrong here, but it seems like you're saying that using Rest + Heal Bell is generally the type of thing that you shouldn't be using except on stall teams, and if this is what you're going for, you might want to say something other than 'better' and possibly change its to something other than this; like I said, keep what you have if I'm wrong though). Finally, RestTalk might seem like a good idea, as Metang has no other recovery move and lack Leftovers, but it just doesn't have the space for it. Keep in mind that using Hone Claw and RestTalk in the same set is Metang's best bet as a RestTalk user.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Even though Metang has some offensive presence in Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch, its lack of coverage leaves it open to being set up on by some Pokemon, including Sword Swords Dance Charizard, Sword Swords Dance Samurott, Rock Polish or Sword Swords Dance Torterra, Coil Eelektross, (you can leave this in if you want, but you already have a lot of examples and this isn't a main set on the analysis anymore) Shell Smash Carracosta, Shell Smash Gorebyss, and Rain Dance Ludicolo. Keep in mind that most of them won't enjoy being hit by Toxic, though. Other than that, Pokemon able to hit Metang hard with a special attack or with a strong super effective move, such as Charizard, Samurott, Seismitoad, Eelektross, Choice Band Torterra, and Golurk, can easily force Metang out.</p>

<p>Probopass with the ability Magnet Pull is great against Metang, as it is able to finish Metang off with Earth Power and takes almost nothing from Metang's Meteor Mash, but it must watch out for the occasional Earthquake. Golem can also check Metang, but keep in mind it'll come out weakened at best. Also, Pokemon commonly running Taunt such as Mandibuzz, which can take any hit from Metang (add comma) and constantly wear it down with Foul Play (add comma) and healing heal itself with Roost, and Misdreavus, which can Heal Bell if Metang hits it with Toxic and can Will-O-Wisp Metang to wear it down, can easily kill Metang. Being grounded, Spikes hinders Metang's survivability quite a lot; add to that its lack of recovery outside of the unreliable RestTalk, and Metang is easy to wear down.</p>

GP: 2/2

tehy

Banned deucer.
amcheck lgi

It seems like fusing the first two sentence of your overview would lead to a much better one, like:
Metang is worth its weight in gold thanks to its ability to handle such threats as blah blah offensive mons jynx and psychics, due to its decent bulk enhanced by eviolite and great defensive typing.
Just a thought
There were a two in the second set that I edited strongly;consider rewriting these yourself instead.

[Overview]

<p>Metang is worth its weight in gold thanks to its ability to act as a reliable counter to Jynx and many other Psychic-type Pokemon. Thanks to its decent bulk, which is enhanced further by Eviolite, Metang makes excellent use of its defensive typing to handle many offensive Pokemon in the tier, most notably Kangaskhan, Braviary, Serperior, and Scolipede. Unfortunately, Metang isn't a defensive juggernaut due to its lack of recovery and the abundance of Ground- and Fire-type attacks in the tier. Metang's STAB moves lack coverage and have average power, which forces it to rely on Toxic to inflict damage against many common opponents.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>One glance at Metang's stats might suggest that it is suited to act as a defensive wall, but underestimate offensive Metang at your own risk, as it hits many of the offensive threats in the tier hard. Courtesy of its great bulk, Metang can also check physical and special attackers alike, namelysuch as Primeape, Scolipede, Jynx, and Musharna. Unfortunately, Metang still cannot beat common leads such as Piloswine and Golem one-on-one, but it can survive an Earthquake from them, allowing it to make a move before it dies. Stealth Rock is a handy move on Metang, chipping off health from Pokemon such as Charizard and Rotom-S, to which Metang can do little otherwise. Meteor Mash is a strong STAB move, 2HKOing Serperior, Primeape, and Scolipede. Toxic is essential for Metang to cripple Tangela and Alomomola, and also allows Metang to beat Musharna without gambling on Meteor Mash Attack boosts. Bullet Punch might seem odd as it limits Metang's coverage, but is incredibly useful, knocking out Jynx after Stealth Rock damage, and picking off other frail threats such as Primeape, Haunter, and weakened Scolipede.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>176 Attack EVs allow Metang to break +1 Defense Braviary's Substitute; adding more doesn't help it net any notable KOs. 80 Special Defense EVs make it easier for Metang to sponge special hits from Haunter and Jynx. Even though both of Metang's abilities give little benefit, Clear Body is the better option, as it prevents unexpected stat drops from Shadow Ball or Psychic. As for other moves, Psych Up allows Metang to copy stat boosts from SubBU Braviary effectively. Pursuit can be used on the slot over Bullet Punch to catch Haunter, Jynx, and Kadabra as they attempt to switch, but it doesn't serve much use otherwise because it's pathetically weak against other Pokemon. Earthquake enables Metang to hit the likes of Samurott and Skuntank harder, but Metang shouldn't stay in on Samurott anyway and Skuntank does not survivcan't take constant Meteor Mashes either.</p>

<p>As far as partners go, Ludicolo is a great teammate, as it can beat the Fire- and Ground-types that Metang despises; it also handles certain Water-types such as Alomomola, Seismitoad, and special Samurott well. Misdreavus is also a good teammate, as it is immune to Ground-type attacks and can threaten Golem, Armaldo, Piloswine, and other common leads with Will-O-Wisp or Taunt. Anything that can take on strong Fire-types helps, thus making Carracosta and Seismitoad effective partners for Metang, but they should be wary of Hidden Power Grass that the Fire-types might carry. Pokemon that find Normal- and Flying-types troublesome generally appreciate Metang's presence; Serperior and Primeape are the most noteworthy of these. Alomomola can pass big Wishes to Metang and resists Fire-type attacks aimed at it.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Eviolite boosting its stellar base 100 Defense, Metang becomes a usable physical wall. Metang differentiates itself from other Steel-types in NU with its amazing typing, which is greatly appreciated on stall teams as it lets Metang not only wall popular Normal-, Psychic-, and Flying-types, which include Zangoose, Kangaskhan, Jynx, Musharna, Braviary, and Swellow, but also allows Metang to keep its important resistances and take neutral hits from Fighting-type moves.</p>

<p>Metang takuses advantage of its resistances by using them to find opportunities to support its team with entry hazards in the form of Stealth Rock. Meteor Mash is Metang's strongest STAB move to damage, directly damaging its foes while potentially boosting its Attack. Toxic gives Metang a way to wear down bulky Pokemon trying to set up on it that would otherwise take very little damage from Metang's other attacks. Psych Up is used in the fourth moveslot to copy the boosts from Pokemon that thinks they can set up on Metang, such as SubBU Braviary, Calm Mind Musharna with Heal Bell, SubCM Serperior, and Bulk Up Scraggy.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If your team needs Metang to take special attacks, an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful Nature can be used, as it'll let Metang take hits from Pokemon such as Gardevoir and Jynx more effectively. As far as partners go, stall partners such asDefensive Pokemon like Alomomola, which in particular can easily take any Ground-type move headed toward Metang and provide it with recovery in the form of Wish, and others are your choicesmake good stall partners for Metang. Zweilous is also a great partner, as it can easily take hits from special attackers such as Charizard, Samurott, and Ludicolo, and theyit and Metang wall every relevant special attacker when used together. Furthermore, Metang can still cover most physical attackers. Audino and Lickilicky also pair well with Metang, as they can tank a special attacks, provide recovery with Wish, and heal status conditions with Heal Bell.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Surprisingly, Metang has a lot of options in its, movepool-wise. Sleep Talk could be used as a filler if you need someone to absorb sleep afflictions forom Pokemon such as Jynx and Exeggutor. Rock Slide could be used if your team is weak to Charizard, but you'll have to predict Charizard's switch ing, as it'll usually force Metang out most of the time. Zen Headbutt could also be used over Meteor Mash, but Metang would become setup bait to Dark-types. An offensive Metang with moves such as Hone Claws or Agility might seem good, but it won't go far with its low Speed and its average base 75 Attack. A Dual screens areset is possible, but Metang needs Eviolite to take hits better, and it doesn't have the space in its moveset to run these moves. Rest alone can also be used as a filler if you want the recovery and have a Heal Bell user such as Audino in your team, but keep in mind that its i's better on stall teams. Finally, RestTalk might seem like a good idea, as Metang has no other recovery move and lacks Leftovers, but it just doesn't have the space for it. Keep in mind that using Hone Claws and RestTalk ion the same set is Metang's best bet as a RestTalk user.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Even though Metang has some offensive presence in Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch, its lack of coverage leaves it open to being set up on by some Pokemon, including Sword Dance Charizard, Sword Dance Samurott, Rock Polish or Sword Dance Torterra, Coil Eelektross, Shell Smash Carracosta, Shell Smash Gorebyss, and Rain Dance Ludicolo. Keep in mind that most of them won't enjoy being hit by Toxic, though. Other than that, Pokemon able to hit Metang hard with a special attack or with a strong super effective move, such as Charizard, Samurott, Seismitoad, Eelektross, Choice Band Torterra, and Golurk, can easily force Metang out.</p>

<p>Probopass with the ability Magnet Pull is great against Metang, as it is able to finish Metang off with Earth Power and takes almost nothing from Metang's Meteor Mash, but watch out for the occasional Earthquake. Golem can also check Metang, but keep in mind it'll come out weakened at best. Also, Pokemon commonly running Taunt such as Mandibuzz, which can take any hit from Metang and constantly wear it down with Foul Play andwhile healing itself with Roost, and Misdreavus, which can Heal Bell if Metang hits it with Toxic and can Will-O-Wisp Metang to wear it down, can easily kill Metang. Being grounded, Spikes hinders Metang's survivability quite a lot; add to that its lack of recovery outside of the unreliable RestTalk, and Metang is easy to wear down.</p>

Comments:
Am i the only one who noticed that the offensive set doesn't even talk about the nature? At least just say '176 EVs with an adamant nature'
Uh...first set AC mentions alo, but doesn't mention that it can take on physical ground-types that Metang can't? Really?
What do you mean by "keep its important resistances?" I really don't get that part;maybe Grass-type resist, I guess.
I edited one sentence in the second set rather heavily. That set has far too many useless words in it.
Probopass traps Metang, which you don't even say and is probably its biggest draw as a Metang counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)