MetaNite!!

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if I have learned one thing in all my 5th gen battles it's this : All it takes is one Moveslot to ruin an entire team. Think on it for a second and you will get it. This simple thesis has won me countless battles against weather teams I wouldve otherwise lost miserably to.

if I have learned one thing in all my 5th gen battles it's this : All it takes is one Moveslot to ruin an entire team. Think on it for a second and you will get it. This simple thesis has won me countless battles against weather teams I wouldve otherwise lost miserably to.
Your overhyping destiny bond, dood.

You mean thunder? That's the only weather move that comes to mind unless hurricane goes here somewhere. And griff this is the team I'm doing so I'm not gonna just go get an excadrill I need real feedback. If you've got one better for politoed I'm ready to hear it lol

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
No. I mean Sunny Day or Hail (the best one since hail teams are so uncommon) or Rain Dance or Sandstorm. These moves let you take complete control if the weather based metagame.

Ahh I like your line of thinking! I could definitely do with hail dragonite is the only one with fire punch and sunny day teams are more common. Or sunny day would work in Dnites favor. I'm not sure who here could learn sunny day but I'm guessing tentacruel could learn hail?

Intruiging so then I'll add it to tentacruel and remove venoshock. I've never seen many poison moves besides toxicroak
poison jab and toxic or tx spks around these forums so I think hail will do nicely here.

Haha I'm sure I will! I really like how tentacruel has turned into an excellent utility mon. So switching out hail the next issues I have are wondering if gliscors ev spread needs to be changed and also trying find any other holes and what would be the best way to smash politoed?

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
Haha I'm sure I will! I really like how tentacruel has turned into an excellent utility mon. So switching out hail the next issues I have are wondering if gliscors ev spread needs to be changed and also trying find any other holes and what would be the best way to smash politoed?
your Gliscor is fine.

For Politoed I recomend a Mixnite with Thunder,or stay the same and get the less effective Thunderpunch.

Here's my Mixnite:
Rash@Leftovers
252 SP attack 40 Attack 218 Speed

Outrage
Thunder/DD
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor/Roost

Hmm I quite like that set up a mixnite might be a better sweeper especially with thunder against rain teams. Let's mix it up and give it a shot! Oh Dark don't forget to look at the hail change for tentacruel tell me if you think it's a better set now.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
Your Tentacruel set is great but your Dnite moveset doesn't
make sense. DD with no physical moves? Maybe replace Draco Meteor for Outrage
and Fire Blast over Roost or just replace DD with Outrage

EDIT: okay now it looks good

Yup I just made that change as soon as I realized lol I kept outrage for phsyical force and added thunder and fire blast thanks for the recommendation!

So now comes my other problem. My terrakion has the two stats boosters and two stab moves but I feel it might be bland. And I feel that two stat boosters could be switched. My ideas would be if i'm running jolly then get rid of rock polish for something else or run adamant and keep swords dance or rock polish only. Any suggestions or am I overthinking?

Hooray I get xscissor back! Ok so now we've tackled most of the team. Any pokemon that I should watch out for even with the team looking as it is?

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
Hmm well I can't think of any immediate threats that can sweep your team,go ahead and try this out and see how it goes

Why bother running Will-o-wisp on a SPECS Rotom? All Specs Rotom should just run this set: Trick/Volt Switch/Hydro Pump/HP Fire. It has good coverage and can pass Specs to an unlucky physical attacker like Scizor and Conkeldurr.

Gliscor should run 244 HP EVs to maximize Poison Heal recovery and an Impish nature since Gliscor should not be taking special hits so a Careful Nature is useless.

Metagross has an awkward EV spread that doesn't use its EVs to the fullest. You have an extra 2 EVs in both HP and Spd that can be used to power up another stat. Also gonna give you the same suggestion I gave Darkerones which is to give Metagross Ice Punch instead of Zen Headbutt to hit more Pokemon for super-effective damage.

Oooo I've been dying to try out volt switch since it's a kin to uturn (fav move) does it hit as hard as thunderbolt though? I do like using trick too for catching physical mons off guard and i would be happy to add ice punch to metagross! Did some testing and i've found I really need another ice move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)