Metroidvania Mafia Postgame

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was approached by polelover44 maybe even just before Romance Mafia finished. He had chosen me as a cohost because his earliest idea had borrowed from my previous game. He wanted three equal factions with anonymous leader communication. I wanted to start designing my Expert game, but I knew that one successful standard game wouldn't be enough to qualify for that. I also had already decided that I was done with 2v1, so the 3 equal factions idea appealed to me.

I don't remember whose idea it was for each faction to elect leaders, but I knew that the game needed a little something extra. To be honest, I never liked the concept of players following a leader. I understand that its the easiest way to win, but it gives the majority of players the most marginal amount of involvement.

I came up with the alternate win conditions idea so that every player would be forced to take a personal stake in the game. The result was that they did. If a player wasn't downright inactive, then they tended to be much more involved even in factions with dominant leaders. Now, I'm not gonna claim that the alternate win conditions I used were the best ones possible. For one, there were only 7 copied 3 times, and one of them in retrospect seems downright unfair. But I hope this idea isn't just an experiment forever. I want to see other hosts expand upon the idea, because it is what made this game great.

I wanted players to truly lead, to use teamwork, to plot and scheme against their own faction if that is what they needed to win. This game succeeded on every level I wanted it to (save one part, check my mistake section below). I'm sorry that a few host mistakes made the game less fun for some players at times, but from my perspective I thought this game was maybe five times as good as Romance Mafia (a game where none of the experimental concept worked).

In addition, I really upped the kills after Romance Mafia. There were to be 3 kills a night (3.5 if you count the Metroid), compared to the 2 kills a night in Romance (which too often didn't pan out anyway).

On Priority

Man, I claimed in the Romance Mafia postgame that I'd make a Office of Strategic Influence thread about the way I do priorities. And I did! But when I went to post it my browser closed. Which is why I am typing this in notepad. I'm not really gonna get into it, but I don't have priorities the way most hosts do. Instead, I work night actions like a logic puzzle.

You ever do one of those puzzles as a kid where Bill is Blue and wants to sit next to someone Red but not someone Green, and Cherryl is Green and wants a window seat, etc? Basicly, the common assumption is that martyr has higher priority than hooker, and so cannot be hooked? Why not? If a hooker targets a martyr then the martyr should be hooked. If a martyr targets a hooker the hooker should redirected. If they target eachother it doesn't usually matter.

Now there are situational priorities, like if a killer and a hooker target each other, and those can be decided beforehand by the host. But I could never imagine using the standard priority list system after working it this way.

Not too off topic, but one role you'll notice I didn't use is Kidnapper. Why? Because its a shitty role. Not a shitty role to have of course, but its a shitty concept. Its just four actions mixed into one (sometimes five). Some people nerf it by lowering its priority, but that's the only thing my system can't do. So fuck it.

Now as I said before, in any postgame I want to figure out what I learned and what mistake I made. Well, I did learn something valuable. But I'm not posting it. Some people may be able to guess what it was, but please don't make a big deal of it in this thread. So onto my mistake.

I didn't restrict the moles.

I figured this out a few hours after sending the Roles PMs out. My intention with the moles was NOT to spread information. In fact I hoped (and hinted) that the moles would realize that by sharing info they'd be outing themselves as a mole to the player moling them. Instead I wanted moles to be subtle saboteurs, encouraging bad decision and making teams distrust each other. What I SHOULD have done, is just told the moles that under no circumstances would they be allowed to share any info on the other faction. And under no circumstances, I mean no loopholes either. Maybe that will be for another game, but not my next. Most players are real tired of moles, and I certainly know why.

Here are the spreadsheets and docs I had for the game. They are kind of a mess, Metroidvania Day Stuff in particular became something of a repository for any info we didn't have another place for.

Design Spreadsheet
Role PMs
Day Stuff
Night Stuff

The Belmonts
Once again, my favorite faction loses. Pretty badly too, I'm sorry to say. There were times at the end where I was really crossing my fingers, but it just wasn't gonna happen. Though they didn't "follow the leader" in the classic sense, their team did have the strongest leader and when he was gone they struggled to keep up when the Space Pirates were more powerful and the Castlevanians were largely seen as no threat.

The Belmonts had kills on the first two nights out of three, but also had the lowest kill priority (which never mattered, but could have been game changing).

Dear Phantasia,
You are Simon Belmont

You were the first and most famous vampire hunter, a reputation you don’t really live up to when put under scrutiny. You defeated Dracula once, but this was only a ruse on his part. He put a curse on you which required you to resurrect him within seven years or die. This was ample time to easily foil Dracula’s plan simply by having a child and passing on the family blood, but you collected all of his body parts and brought him back anyway. Then you killed him again, so it kind of balances out. When the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, all of the other Belmonts and their friends went to fight so you must join them or risk losing your stardom.

As an incredibly famous vampire hunter, your vote counts as two votes.

You have the Ice Beam, a strange futuristic weapon that freezes things in midair. Once per night, you can PM both vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Freeze USER”. USER will be unable to communicate outside the thread for two cycles, though they may still post in the thread.

You know that Jigglypuffers42 is Soma Cruz.

You are allied with the Belmonts. To win, all Space Pirates, Castlevanians, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you are trying to keep your star power. You must be elected leader of the Belmonts at least three times.
Phantasia was the intended leader for the Belmonts, but Acklow took the position before Phantasia could. Still, Phantasia was able to meet his secondary win condition and when Acklow was gone he was one of the two players really giving a great effort to hold the Belmonts together against all odds.

Mayor is not seen as a good role generally, but in this multifaction game it meant so much that probably the most unfair thing to the Belmonts was the fact that the role also existed as an item.

The Ice Beam will probably be the coolest and most lasting legacy of this game. The "role" was dubbed the Freezer by players on the IRC, to which I realized "Holy Shit, did I just create a new staple?" (well, its a part of the rare NOC Kidnap, but as I said thats a bunch of roles combined). Being Frozen is annoying, but so is being silenced, persuaded, hooked, redirected, etc. It's hella disruptive, but not really as game winning as Silencer. I hope to see this in more games.

Dear iiMKUltra,
You are Richter Belmont

You are the last and most powerful Belmont. In addition to the standard arsenal of vampire hunting abilities, you came up with the item crash system, turning your normal attacks into weapons of mass destruction. On top of that, you are the most acrobatic Belmont, able to backflip, air dash, spinkick, and slide kick. Unfortunately, your reputation was somewhat sullied when the dark priest Shaft put a spell on you which temporarily turn you into an evil David Bowie look alike. With the Space Pirates in Castlevania, you hope to fight for justice and restore your name.

Since you are so extremely acrobatic, once per night you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Do a backflip near USER”. Any attempts on USER’s life will target you instead, but as you are doing a backflip they will miss. You may not target yourself with this action.

You have the Vampire Killer, a family heirloom and the bane of demons everywhere. Since it protects against demonic influence, you may not be hooked while you hold it.

You know that coolking49 is Alucard.

You are allied with the Belmonts. To win, all Space Pirates, Castlevanians, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you must restore you honor by killing a faction leader from either the Space Pirates or the Castlevanians. You can accomplish this by ordering the kill as the Belmont leader, or if the Belmont leader orders you to perform the kill.
My favorite character died Night 1 after being rand killed by the wolf. Yeah, fuck that. So I don't have any insight into the player. He obviously didn't complete his secondary win condition.

Of course a Belmont had to have the Vampire Killer, and an unhookable bodyguard would have been a huge boon the Belmonts. Oh well.

Dear coolking49,
You are Alucard

Born Adrian Farenheights Tepes, you were the son of Dracula and the human woman Lisa. When she was accused of witchcraft and killed, her final words were “Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, then at least do them no harm. For theirs is already a hard lot.” These words caused you to doubt your father’s cause, and after falling in love with a Belmont woman and fathering her child it was clear which side of the conflict you had taken. With the Space Pirates invading Castlevania, you have again woken from a long sleep in order to ensure that good triumphs.

As a vampire, you are forever willing to sleep if it is in humanity’s benefit. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Sleep in front of USER”. USER’s night action will target you instead of its original target.

You have the Masamune, the most powerful legendary katana ever made. However, because it is so powerful, it also reduces your vote count by two. Your vote count can go negative because of this item.

You know that King Emerald is Sypha Belnades.

You are allied with the Belmonts. To win, all Space Pirates, Castlevanians, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. Alternatively, as child of both a vampire and a human you know that the Belmonts are being moled. You can win by killing the mole in the Belmonts. You can accomplish this by ordering the kill as the Belmont leader, or if the Belmont leader orders you to perform the kill.
Coolking49 was only just active enough, didn't read his item carefully enough. I still maintain that I worded it correctly. As a card game designer, I also consider "what if this was combined with this". Well what if the Masamune gave you a negative 1 vote and it was given to Phantasia? Would have have 2 votes or -1 votes? Worded this way, he would have 0. Problem solved. But for some reason Coolking49 thought that he would have 2 less votes against him. I don't even know why.

As a Martyr, he was instrumental in the death of Captain Bagman which led to the Space Pirate downfall. But he idled too much early on because, once again, he misread his role pm and thought he was a Reverse Martyr.

Dear Aura Paladin,
You are Maria Renard

When the dark priest Shaft kidnapped you and your sister Annette, he had no idea just how much he had fucked up. Not only did this attract the attention of your brother-in-law Richter, but even though a child at the time the monsters of Castlevania were no match for your Taoist animal magic. When Richter went missing you were fully grown, and became infatuated with the mysterious Alucard. Of course the greatest mystery is why he didn’t tap that. When the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, you gathered your animal friends and set off to fight evil.

The denizens of Castlevania are always frustrated when beaten by a little girl with animals. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Animals protect USER”. All night actions except for kills and bodyguarding that target USER will fail, as the assailant will be too distracted by your animal bullshit.

You have Red Rust, an incredibly awful rusty old katana. Because it is so rusty, you will waste so much time dealing with it that while you hold it your priority is lower. You should probably give this item to someone else.

You know that Yeti is Trevor Belmont.

You are allied with the Belmonts. To win, all Space Pirates, Castlevanians, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. Alternatively, you know that the bounty hunter Samus has chased the Space Pirates to Earth and that her intentions are noble. If Samus wins, so do you.

Not sending on an action on Night 0 wasn't smart, but otherwise Aura Paladin was a useful member of his team. He ensured that Acklow could inspect in peace, and on Night 3 ensured that Acklow's Dagger stunt wouldn't be messed with. Sadly, a Maria Belmont and Samus Aran buddy cop team-up was not in the cards.

Aura Paladin started with one of three hot potato items that was meant to be passed around. The Red Rust lowered his priority, making his action useless. Yet he didn't pass it on Night 0 -_- . It was passed to Spiffy, who as an inspector didn't give a shit that his priority was lowered, so it was never passed again.

Dear King Emerald,
You are Sypha Belnades

You were a skilled but lonely magician. Instead of living in suffering, you decided to sacrifice your life in the fight against Dracula. When Trevor saved you however, you adventured with him and his companions, disguising yourself as a man. During the fight, you fell in love with Trevor and after Dracula had been slain decided to be his wife and continue living in happiness. Now the Space Pirates have invaded Castlevania, threatening that happiness. Once again, you decide to fight.

As a powerful mage, you possess many spells that strike fear into the hearts of your enemies. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Lightning USER”. USER will be shocked, and will be unable to perform their night action.

You have the Axe, a classical and versatile weapon well suited for attacking aerial enemies. Once during the game at night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Throw Axe at USER1 over USER2”. You will knock USER1 out of the air and onto USER2, causing all of USER1’s night actions to target USER2.

You know that USER is Grant DeNasty.

You are allied with the Belmonts. To win, all Space Pirates, Castlevanians, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you know the existence of a space parasite called X. This parasite will infect all of your friends quickly if you do not stop it, so in order to win X must lose.
King Emerald was a semi-competent player in his first game, and was the same here. He hooked Aura Guardian on a pretty important night, and seeing as King Emerald's win condition was that Aura Guardian has to lose this was a pretty good move.

King Emerald also had the Axe, which actually could have been better. I should have made it an all purpose redirector, so that all action USER1 uses or targeted at USER1 would go to USER2, or something along those lines. It was a one use item of a regular role basicaly. But it still could have come in handy. Here's a tip. If you have a one-shot item, find a way to use it. Because your enemies could find a way to use theirs and gain the upper hand.

Dear Acklow,
You are Grant DeNasty

You are a pirate whose entire family was killed by Dracula in an act of rage. Dracula then cursed you, forcing you to act as the guardian of his clock tower. Trevor Belmont freed you from your curse, and ever since you have been his loyal ally. After defeating Dracula, you went back to your hometown to rebuild. When the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, it was only a matter of time before your hometown was threatened again. You joined the rest of the Belmonts to fight once again.

As a Pirate, you are agile enough to climb any wall and hang from any ceiling. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Climb wall near USER”. You will eavesdrop on USER, overhearing their full role PM.

You have the Alucard Shield, so named because it is Alucard’s Shield. It is a very good shield, so the first time you are targeted by a night kill, the kill will fail and the shield will break. However, you cannot give this shield to others because it is broken in combination with the Shield Rod.

You know that Phantasia is Simon Belmont.

You are allied with the Belmonts. To win, all Space Pirates, Castlevanians, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. Alternatively, as a pirate the Werewolf is your natural enemy. If you kill the Werewolf, you win. This can be accomplished by ordering the kill as the Belmont leader, or if the Belmont leader orders you to perform the kill.
Acklow took the position of leader very early and held onto it, making smart decisions and helping his teammates with their secondary win conditions. He had the chance to fulfill his by killing Staraptor Call, but instead focused on the advancement of the team.

As an inspector, he made good inspections (found two neutrals who he tried to work with) and used his BPV well in combination with the Daggers to reduce the number of Belmont deaths one night from 2 to 1.

In hindsight, it was an overreaction to prevent the one use BPV from being given away but it made for a good inside joke if you've played Symphony of the Night.

Dear Jigglypuffers42,
You are Soma Cruz

You were once an ordinary high school student in Japan, but your life got flipped turned upside down when it came to your attention that you are actually Dracula. Yes, Dracula also exists, but there’s probably a really convenient explanation for that somewhere. Regardless, when Graham Jones tried to take control of Castlevania, all the Belmont allies showed up pretending to be in disguise even though it was pretty obvious who they were. They helped you defeat Jones, and the darkness in your own soul. Now that the Space Pirates have invaded Castlevania, you want to help them return the favor.

Since you are able absorb the soul’s of the demons in Castlevania, you fit right in with their lot. If you are inspected, your role PM will appear as below. However, you should be aware that someone else is moling your faction, so you probably should keep this secret from even your allies.

Dear Jigglypuffers42,
You are Minotaur,

A horned devil, half man and half bull, you are twice the size of a human being and four times as strong. Add to that a giant axe, and you are a fearsome beast of myth and legend. However, it was once even better. Before the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, you were once teamed up with Werewolf. You did everything together, you were inseparable bros and his betrayal pains you the most. You prepare to defend Castlevania, fighting the pain away.

As a Minotaur, you love labyrinths. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Put USER in a labyrinth”. If any member of USER’s faction kills you, you will resurrect the next day because of the labyrinth’s power.

You know that assassinfred is Death.

You are allied with the Castlevanians. To win, all Space Pirates, Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. Alternatively, you were betrayed by the Werewolf. If you kill the Werewolf, you win. This can be accomplished by ordering the kill as the Castlevania leader, or if the Castlevania leader orders you to perform the kill.
You have the Dagger. Though a classic vampire hunting weapon, it is a very weak one. Once per game at night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Throw Daggers”. Anyone targeting your faction will notice that you are throwing daggers, and will target you instead.

You know that Aura Paladin is Maria Renard.

You are allied with the Belmonts. To win, all Space Pirates, Castlevanians, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you are just a high school student who wants to be with his girlfriend. You do not want to give your life for this cause, and must survive until the end of the game.
I must have heard a thousand times how unfair it was for the mole to have to live until the end of the game to win. And she was right. Not just because as a mole it meant that she had to be more reserved, but because another player wanted her dead. And yet, she did a great job of staying alive, the only mole to live past Night 2. She also lived until the game was called, so you could say she fulfilled her secondary win condition (but not her primary).

My thought was that while it was asking a bit to stay alive, the player wouldn't have to DO anything to win. They wouldn't have to seek out X, or plead to become leader, or kill a specific player. But considering that only 2 players were alive on the winning team (and really only 1 would have been if I hadn't called the game), it really was a cruel win condition for this format (that might work better in a tradition village vs. mafia game).

But not as cruel as giving jiggly the super reverse martyr item.

Rogue was one of three mostly unused roles that was used to make a convincing mole.

The Space Pirates
While the early game was a contest between the Belmonts and the Castlevanians, in the second half it was almost certain this team was gonna win. In fact, at one point Crux asked me when I was gonna call it. This team was defined by its strong teamwork. An ok leader emerged at first, but they excelled when they all started working together.

The Space Pirates could kill on the second and third nights, but had the highest kill priority.

Dear BunnyMaster,
You are Mother Brain

You were created by the Chozo for unknown purposes, and like the Metroid you quickly became a liability. Discovering the Space Pirates, you decided to use them to create true order in the galaxy. However, you still think of them and all life as mindless beasts. Your powerful psychic abilities have led the Federation to attempt to copy your technology in several different ways, some more disastrous than others. It was you who ordered the Space Pirates to invade Castlevania, as you saw the potential for power the castle had.

A powerful psychic that can read minds, once per night you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Read USER”. You will extract USER’s role PM from their mind.

You have Joseph’s Cloak, a cape which can be customized with any colors you like. The first two times you are targeted with a malicious night action (aside from a kill), your assailant will be too mesmerized by the colors and will fail. Afterwards, the cloak will break.

You know that loudkirbyking is Kraid.

You are allied with the Space Pirates. To win, the Castlevanians, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. Alternatively, you would like to use the Metroid to conquer the galaxy. You win if the Metroid wins.
For a player who wasn't the most active in the world (always playing Monster Hunter Tri when I tried talking to him on IRC), he sure was a center of attention. A dumb comment on his part almost led him to being lynched Day 1, and Pidge gave him a way to victory at the expense of his team.

Yet in spite of this his Joseph's Cloak (which was, amusingly, reffered to as Joseph's Dream Coat in at least one spreadsheet) never broke. He was infected, which it wouldn't stop. He was passed a bad item which the cloak wouldn't stop.

His inspects were good in that he had every living player's Role PM by the end.

The funny thing is he wasn't even supposed to have this role. polelover44 did most of the player assignment, but I made a few tweaks, like making sure good players were in leader roles. Well, originally BunnyMaster was Ridley and I thought "Mother Brain Leader" without double checking.

Dear danmantincan,
You are Ridley

The last of your species, you are actually some sort of weird bird that becomes more and reptilian as you feed off your victims. You rank highly among the Space Pirates, as a revered general and sometimes as leader. No matter how often you are killed by your arch nemesis Samus, you always seem to keep being revived genetically or robotically. When your forces were ordered to attack Castlevania, you saw it as an opportunity to learn how Dracula keeps coming back to life.

Your classic tactics involve stabbing the enemy with your tail and grabbing them. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Grab USER1 and throw them at USER2”. USER1 will be thrown into USER2, and USER1’s night actions will target USER2 instead.

You have the Bible, a sacred religious text. Once per game during the day, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Day X - Pray for daylight”. God will give in to your request, and day will continue for a cycle.

You know that Captain Bagman is Phantoon.

You are allied with the Space Pirates. To win, the Castlevanians, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you must regain control from Mother Brain. You must be elected leader of the Space Pirates at least three times.
Due to his insistence that he should be leader, he was suspected of being mole by the rest of his faction. He was killed Night 1 by the Castles, so its a moot point.

Redirector was arguably their strongest role, and losing it early was pretty bad, but they made due pretty well without it. I'm just sad that items like the Bible never got used.

Dear loudkirbyking,
You are Kraid

A monstrous reptile, you are one of the Space Pirate’s main enforcers, second only to Ridley. Your massive size and tough skin makes you a defensive stronghold, while spikes fired from your belly provide devastating artillery. You protected the Brinstar area of Zebes twice, but fell to Samus each time. You followed the Space Pirates to Earth, ready and willing to attack Castlevania.

You are essential for completely blocking off small passageways. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Block off USER”. USER will be protected from night kills, as your girth will get in the killer’s way. You may not target yourself with this ability.

You have the Crissaegrim, a sword that rapidly slices faster than the speed of light. Because it is so fast, you may not be redirected.

You know that Yeti is Zebesian.

You are allied with the Space Pirates. To win, the Castlevanians, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. Alternatively, you have detected a mole in your ranks. If you kill the person moling the Space Pirates, you win. This can be accomplished by ordering the kill as the Space Pirate leader, or if the Space Pirate leader orders you to perform the kill.
loudkirbyking was part of the trio of Space Pirates using really strong teamwork, so they helped him win and in turn he helped them out as much as he could. He had a plan to win until the very end, but sadly he was seen through.

As noted by loudkirbyking, if Crissaegrim hadn't been stolen by Samus Captain Bagman wouldn't have died. That certainly could have changed the outcome of the game.

Dear Captain Bagman,
You are Phantoon

A giant alien squid ghost, you are affiliated with the Space Pirates but your true passion is haunting wrecked ships. You haunted a wrecked ship in Zebes, and you even made an appearance at the Bottle Ship. You can steal electricity from any source, as well as create powerful plasma. There aren’t alot of wrecked ships in Castlevania, but when the Space Pirates are done there you want to check out the Bermuda Triangle.

The full extant of your abilities are unknown. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Rage Hands USER”. Rage Hands will be summoned to attack USER, preventing them from completing their night action.

You have the Badelaire, a sword that becomes more powerful the more experienced you are. Currently, it increases your vote count by one.

You know that imperfectluck is Draygon.

You are allied with the Space Pirates. To win, the Castlevanians, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you may be a ghost, but you are really looking forward to haunting ships on Earth. You must survive until the end of the game.
Easily the most powerful role the Space Pirates had, as hooker and mayor. He was smart to hand off the Badelaire before dying, and displayed good teamwork with Crux and loudkirbyking. On Night 5 he could choose to hook either the persuader RaRe555 or the martyr coolking49.

Having a mayor item when it was such an important role to the Belmonts was a fuckup on my part. If I could go back, I'd have made the Badelaire give an extra half a vote, so that it only affects ties.

Dear imperfectluck,
You are Draygon

A waterborn crustacean, you are a fully grown Evir and you have offspring of your own. As odd as it is, you are actually a Space Pirate commander and help guard the Maridia sector on Zebes. You can disable foes with a projectile mucus, while wall cannons surround your layer. However, these functions serve as a double edged sword, and your real weakness is electricity. As the Space Pirates only underwater specialist, they took you with them when invading Castlevania (which is on a planet that is 70% water).

Your mucus covers targets and makes them easy prey. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Mucus USER”. USER will be unable to post in the thread the next day.

You have the Varia Suit, an alien power suit. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Protect against USER”. If any member of USER’s faction kills you, the energy reserves in the suit will restore you the next day.

You know that Crux is Ki-Hunter.

You are allied with the Space Pirates. To win, the Castlevanians, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you want to prove that you are more than just the water guy. You must kill a leader from either the Castlevanians or the Belmonts. This can be accomplished by ordering the kill as the Space Pirate leader, or if the Space Pirate leader orders you to perform the kill.
Subbing in later in the game, he joined the teamwork circle and became the brains when Crux died. Not only was Silencer extremely important, but Rogue was actually insanely good, to the point where ipl could only be killed on nights where both enemy factions had a kill. Didn't stop him from being lynched though, or his kill against Phantasia from being stopped.

Dear Crux,
You are Ki-Hunter

You are a large beelike creature, with the ability to fly and deliver fast brutal attacks. Though from a different galaxy than the normal Space Pirates, your kind joined forces with theirs as a sort of strike force. You also have a larval form, Zoros, which are oversized spiked worms. When the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, you followed orders and went with them.

You are dangerous even when your wings have been detached. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Spit acid at USER”. USER will have recover from getting acid spit on them, and their priority will be lowered.

You have the Holy Water, a powerful and flashy vampire hunting tool. Once per game at night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Acid Rain”. You will item crash the Holy Water, causing a rain of holy water to kill all those who target you.

You know that BunnyMaster is Mother Brain.

You are allied with the Space Pirates. To win, the Castlevanians, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. Alternatively, since everyone else is too busy to do it you figure someone had better kill Samus. If you kill Samus, you win. This can be accomplished by ordering the kill as the Space Pirate leader, or if the Space Pirate leader orders you to perform the kill.
Crux was leader at first, but soon the Space Pirates became more of a team and its a good thing. Still, his people were united and working strongly together. EDIT: I said that Crux traded a spreadsheet, but turns out he gave out a fake one.

So if I don't really have priorities, what does a Priority Down role do? It creates a false priority for that turn. Simply, its a situational hook. Actions that affect other actions like hooker, martyr, etc. do nothing when their priority is lowered. However, silencer, persuasion, and inspector don't care.

I'm glad that the Holy Water was never used. What was I thinking? It was a busted item from a busted game. Now, if I said it only killed the first person targeting the player that might be ok.

Dear Yeti,
You are Zebesian

A bipedal reptile, you are the bread and butter of the Space Pirate army. Though you are called a Zebesian, you are not actually from Zebes, you simply conquered it. You are stronger and more durable than a human, with powerful energy weapons and the enough agility to climb walls. You are the Space Pirates, without the ground forces there is no invasion.

As a bipedal expendable unit, you are perfect for moling the humans on Earth. If you are inspected, your role PM will appear as below. However, you should be aware that someone else is moling your faction, so you probably should keep this secret from even your allies.

Dear Yeti,
You are Trevor Belmont

The son of Sonia Belmont and Alucard, the power flowing through your bloodlines is incredible. You also married a powerful mage, Sypha Belnades, making the Belmont family line even stronger. For your own part, even though the nation of Wallachia feared you, you came to their aid when Dracula began his conquest of mankind. You assembled a team of vampire hunters and took Dracula down.

Being a quarter vampire, you can take physical punishment that normal men could shrug off. The first time you are targeted with a night kill, you will not die.

You know that iiMKUltra is Richter Belmont.

You are allied with the Belmonts. To win, the Space Pirates, the Castlevanians, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. You must also prove your worth by killing a leader of either the Space Pirates or the Castlevanians. This can be accomplished by ordering the kill as the Belmont, or if the Belmont leader orders you to perform the kill.
You have the Tyrfing, a demonic sword able to curse others. Though it can curse, the weapon itself is completely useless, so your vote doesn’t count. You may want to give this item away.

You know that Quagsires is Spore Spawn.

You are allied with the Space Pirates. To win, the Castlevanians, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you know the parasite X is trying infect people, and must be killed quickly. In order for you to win, X must lose.
Yeti was figured out by the Belmonts almost immediately, but not before Yeti could give alot of info to Crux. In Crux's words, Yeti was a huge help.

Tyrfing was another hot potato item that made the player's vote not count. It could acutally be useful in the hands of a mole, but it was passed around more than any other item, even being scavenged out of the grave.

Castlevanians
These guys won a real dark horse victory. Their leader tried to bully the other factions, but ended up getting his team fucked in the short run. A few player went inactive, but the players who subbed in schemed and plotted their way towards victory.

Casltevanians killed on the first and third nights, and had the a kill priority higher than the Belmonts but lower than the Space Pirates.

Dear Spiffy,
You are Dracula

Born Mathias Cronqvist, you were once a crusader working in the name of the Pope to take Jerusalem from the Muslims. With your best friend Leon Belmont, your tactical prowess and martial skills were second to none. However when your wife Elizibetha died, you blamed God and sought to defy him by using alchemy to live forever. You went into hiding for a few hundred years to hone your vampiric abilities, but declared war on humanity when your newest wife Lisa was killed by them. The Space Pirates are just another thorn in your side, and must be killed along with the Belmonts.

You have lived for over a thousand years, and seen many things. You know the identify of all those in Castlevania, you just have to remember them. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Remember USER”. You will remember USER’s full role PM.

You have the Shield Rod. This magic staff allows you to draw the mystic energy of any shield you carry, and in your case it will allow you to survive one lynch before breaking. You may not give the Shield Rod away, because it is broken when combined with Alucard’s Shield.

You know that ginganinja is Axe Armor.

You are allied with the Castlevanians. To win, the Space Pirates, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you have a symbiotic relationship with Castlevania and all of its minions. You must be elected as the Castlevanian’s leader at least three times.
Spiffy was chosen for Dracula because I thought he was the best player at the time among the Castles (aside from the mole). Was I wrong? ginganinja shows promise, but everyone else was mostly inactive.

Spiffy's master plan was to get lynched to waste the other faction's time and mock them when his LPV worked. And then he was so surprised and depressed when both the other factions (and the wolf) decimated the Castlevanians.

Spiffy did not fulfill his secondary win condition, and so lost. ginganinja decided that Spiffy had outlived his usefulness, and pulled a coup.

Dear assassinfred,
You are Death

You were once an angel, but you fell to Earth for defying God. There you met Dracula, and quickly swore allegiance to him. You are the vampire lord’s right hand man, his highest lieutenant, and always the last line of defense when a pesky vampire hunter comes calling. With giant sickle in hand and a variety of demonic forms, you are more often than not the most powerful inhabitant of Castlevania. When the Space Pirates invaded, it was just another day in the life for you.

You have the power to summon swarms of flying sickles. One per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Sickle swarm USER”. USER will be surrounded by sickles and will get really frustrated, thus preventing them from completing their night action.

You have the Stopwatch, a rather odd vampire hunting tool that can stop time. Once per game at night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Stop Time”. Time will stop, and it will continue to be night for another cycle.

You know that Quagsires is Succubus.

You are allied with the Castlevanians. To win, the Space Pirates, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you are absolutely loyal to Dracula and must kill a leader from either the Space Pirates or the Belmonts. This can be accomplished by ordering the kill as the Castlevania leader, or if the Castlevania leader orders you to perform the kill.
This guy actually hooked Spiffy on Night 0, if you want a good indication of the kind of distrust going on in the Castle camp. Other than that he didn't really make an impact, being killed by rival hooker King Emerald.

Snype really teased me by having RaRe555 scavenge the Stopwatch, but it never got used. And I was excited for that update too.

Dear RaRe555,
You are Shaft

As a powerful dark priest, you desired to conquer the world by bringing Dracula back to life. Contrary to the common trope, Dracula did not kill you for this act of kindness but instead welcomed your help. You even went the extra mile, just before being defeated by Richter you cast a spell on him which would corrupt his mind and make him serve Dracula. When the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, you couldn't let them take the castle.

With the power to corrupt even such a strong mind, once per night you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Curse USER1 to vote for USER2”. USER1 will be forced to vote for USER2 the next day or they will die. A player cannot be persuaded twice at once, and if silenced the persuasion will have no effect.

You have the Morph Ball, an odd alien device that allows you to roll into a small ball. Once every two nights, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Morph near USER”. You will morph near a dead user, and obtain items that others missed.

You know that Spiffy is Dracula.

You are allied with the Castlevanians. To win, the Space Pirates, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. Alternatively, being skilled at creating moles allows you to know that someone is moling Castlevania. If you kill the person moling Castlevania, you win. This can be accomplished by ordering the kill as Castlevania’s leader, or if the Castlevania leader orders you to perform the kill.
Due to Raverist's inactivity this guy did damn near nothing most of the game, but when RaRe subbed in he was a force to be reckoned with. Both factions were rightly afraid of his Persuasion.

Morph Ball was the least used but potentially most powerful of the three suit items, which is why I restricted it.

Dear ginganinja,
You are Axe Armor

The departed soul of an old knight stuck in a suit of armor, you are one of Castlevania’s oldest inhabitants. You specialize in both throwing axes high, and throwing axes low. When vampire hunters attack the castle, you do your best to fend them off by pacing back and forth and throwing axes. Sometimes when you are feeling festive, you charge forward with your axe. When the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, you decided it was a good day to pace back and forth while throwing axes.

As a suit of armor, you are gifted with defensive tactics. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Pace back and forth in front of USER”. All attempts on USER’s life will fail, as their assailant tries to figure out your pattern. You may not target yourself with this action.

You have the Alucart Sword. It’s a rather poor imitation of the real thing. You are so ashamed to be holding such a knockoff, you cannot post in the thread. If you do, you will be killed. You should probably give this item away.

You know that Jigglypuffers42 is Minotaur.

You are allied with the Castlevanians. To win, the Space Pirates, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, as a suit of armor it would reflect pretty poorly on your job performance if you died. You must survive until the end of the game.
This guy got the shortest stick. He played really well, stabbed Spiffy in the back when his faction needed it most, lived for a long time. But though he deserved a Castle victory more than Quagsires or -TLE-, he lost. Well, that's how it happens sometimes. Better luck next game.

The Alucart Sword was the hot potato item that caused the most fuss, almost leading to a few godkills.

Dear -TheLucarioEffect-,
You are Legion

You are many, you are one. More specifically, you are giant ball of human corpses that act on their own when separated from you. You also have laser beams. Look, no one’s really certain what you are or why you are with Dracula. However, you are one of his coolest and longest lasting minions. When the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, you came to a consensus to help fight them off.

You understand the concept of teamwork in ways no one else can. Once per night, you may PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “USER is many”. Your corpses will surround USER, and all night actions that targeted them will target you instead.

You have the Sword of Dawn, a magical greatsword that can be used to summon demonic minions. With so many minions near you, any attempt to inspect you will fail.

You know that StevenSnype is Camilla.

You are allied with the Castlevanians. To win, the Space Pirates, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, you can sense a malicious space parasite called the X. The X will infect all bodies on Earth quickly, and you have alot of bodies at risk so you can’t win unless X loses.
Didn't do much except suck up a kill for ginganinja (a good move). Sword of Dawn got stolen, but he was never inspected anyway.

Not much else to say. Castles won and X lost, so -TLE- won.

Dear StevenSnype,
You are Camilla

You are a vampire countess famed for your ability to retain your youth and beauty even after centuries. You were never one of Dracula’s most important servants, but you are one his most long lasted. You even resurrected him once, but was promptly defeated by a vampire hunter who wasn’t even a Belmont. When the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, you rushed off to prove your worth.

You are skilled at giving yourself the energy to stay young and beautiful. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Energize USER”. USER will be given enough youthful energy that their night action will be completed with a higher priority.

You have the Cross, the most powerful weapon against vampires. Once per game at night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - The Power of Christ”. Jesus will protect you from all night actions.

You know that RaRe555 is Shaft.

You are allied with the Castlevanians. To win, the Space Pirates, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. Alternatively, you know of another being nearby that manipulates energy, the Metroid. If you kill the Metroid, you win. This can be accomplished by ordering the kill as the Castlevania leader, or if the Castlevania leader orders you to perform the kill.
Subbed in late with RaRe555, and the two of them schemed and plotted their way to victory. At first they wanted to fulfill their alternate win conditions (which was true, and got the other factions off their back), but when they realized they wouldn't be out of the game and had to fight for the Castles anyway they decided to go all or nothing.

Priority Up is a situational safeguard. It won't protect against things like silencer or persuade, but it had the other side effect of making kills unblockable (something that was never used).

The Cross was actually used extremely well, with Snype predicting a kill attempt on RaRe555 and giving it to him the night before.

Dear Quagsires,
You are Succubus

You are a seductress who feeds on the emotions of men, invading their dreams and torturing them. You use lust and trickery to take over minds and souls. You were once ordered to trick Alucard into joining Dracula’s side, but in failing to do so doubt was cast upon your abilities. When the Space Pirates invaded Castlevania, you were again ordered to lure your enemies to the dark side.

As a master of deception, you have easily tricked the Space Pirates. If you are inspected, your role PM will appear as below. However, you should be aware that someone else is moling your faction, so you probably should keep this secret from even your allies.

Dear Quagsires,
You are Spore Spawn

A giant plant genetically engineered on the planet Zebes, you blocked Samus as she made her way through Brinstar. For being so large, you can swing back and forth quite fast. In addition, you are nearly indestructible except for a weak spot in your mouth. When the Space Pirates decided to invade Castlevania, they attached you to their spaceship and took you with them.

As your name implies, you protect yourself with spores. The first time you are lynched, the spores will distract all lynchers and save your life.

You know that danmantincan is Ridley.

You are allied with the Space Pirates. To win, the Castlevanians, the Belmonts, and the Werewolf must be eliminated. In addition, as an engineered feral life form you have survival instincts. You must survive until the end of the game.
You have the Gurthang, a sword that becomes more powerful the more life it takes. It has killed enough that you can no longer be persuaded or silenced.

You know that -TheLucarioEffect- is Legion.

You are allied with the Castlevanians. To win, the Space Pirates and the Belmonts must be eliminated. Alternatively, as something of an outcast you are sympathetic with the Werewolf. If the Werewolf wins, you win.
Another player I've seen do really well, but he hasn't had a chance to prove himself further in my games. Mole was unneeded with Crux sharing his spreadsheet, and Quagsires was targeted for victory by loudkirbyking.

Spore Spawn was kind of weak but without going into Metroid Prime territory I was really running out of Space Pirate roles (I love Nightmare, but he should be associate with the X if anything). Gurthang, like the Vampire Killer never came in handy.

Neutrals
You thought I'd go easy on the neutrals after Romance Mafia? Expect them to be a staple in almost any game of mine. Three neutrals had a player who wanted to help them, and a player who wanted to kill them. The last neutral had alot of enemies, but a fairly easy win condition.

Dear Fatecrashers,
You are Samus Aran

Orphaned by the Space Pirates at the age of 3, you were raised by the Chozo on Zebes. The Chozo trained you to be a powerful warrior, they gave you their DNA enhancing your physical strength and they gave you their technology, the Power Suit. You joined the Galactic Federation at the young age of 14 and excelled over all others, but eventually left to become a bounty hunter. You became famous for defeating the Space Pirates and wiping out the Metroids, but there is still one left and it has followed the Space Pirates to Castlevania. However, upon reaching you crashed and this caused the pieces of your Power Suit to scatter.

You have the Grappling Beam, a convenient technology for getting across large gaps. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Grapple USER”. You will latch onto USER’s items, and steal them.

You are allied with yourself. To win, you must find all three pieces of your suit. They are scattered amongst the players. In addition, the Metroid must be eliminated.
My second favorite character in this game, and more depressing from a host standpoint. This was a really cool character. Samus needed to acquire her three suit items, and when doing so she would gain her fifth, the Super Missile to kill the Metroid. But Fatecrashers never even got close. A rand kill from the Metroid sealed his fate.

Dear Pidge,
You are Metroid

When the Chozo discovered planet SR388, they found the only lifeform they would ever feel dangerous enough that it warranted extinction, the X. They created Metroids as a perfect predator for the X. However, the Space Pirates discovered Metroids and decided to use them as a weapon. Samus Aran wiped out most of the Metroids, but she missed you. With everyone leaving for Earth, you detected an X following, and so you gave chase.

Without inflicting any wounds or affecting an organisms bodily fluid, the seem to drain the pure life essence out of your victims. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Drain USER”. You will latch onto USER, and will kill them the following night. You cannot target another player with this ability while latched onto USER. After killing a player, you gain protection from one night kill (this protection may not be stacked). If you kill more than one player from any faction, you will become sick and will be unable to use this action the following night.

You are allied with yourself. To win, you must kill at least three players. In addition, the X must be eliminated.
I was actually really worried about the number of kills this role should require, with the pacing of the game. Pidge won right as the game was called, being blocked by bodyguards twice. Then factor in that Pidge made his job much easier for himself by targeting two other neutrals (one randomly). Choosing BunnyMaster for the final kill was truly genius, as no one would try to stop him (except Snype, who declinded to).

Dear Staraptor Call,
You are Werewolf

You used to be a freakin level boss. Then later, Dracula makes you normal run of the mill enemy. Axe Armor gets more respect than you, what the fuck. Well you’ve had it to here with their bullshit, and with the Space Pirates invading Castlevania now is the perfect time to get revenge and prove your dominance over everyone.

You are a wolf, you know what you do best. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Dashing slide attack USER”. You will perform a dashing slide attack, killing USER.

You are allied with yourself. To win, all other players must be eliminated.
Some players ask how Staraptor Call was supposed to be able to win? Well, that's a good question. He could have teamed up with Quagsires, and I did give him a kill per night. Still, he was used mostly as a scapegoat when instead a faction could have used him.

Dear Aura Guardian,
You are X

The natural inhabitant of SR388, you infect other living beings gaining there intelligence and the ability to mimic them. The Chozo, peaceful and loving of all species, realized your threat and created the Metroids to destroy you. However, when Samus Aran exterminated the Chozo this allowed you to quickly repopulate. With everyone heading to Earth, you feel that is a good place to start your galactic conquest.

Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Infect USER”. USER will gain the infection status, and may spread the infection once.

You can do ONE of the following abilities to any infected player;

You can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Mimick USER”. You will gain USER’s night action, and can use it the following night. You may not gain more than one kind of the same night action per game.

You can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Degrade USER”. USER’s items will melt, destroying them. A few items cannot be destroyed.

You can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Control USER”. In the body of your PM, make up a posting restriction that USER has to follow or die. There are many applications of this, silencing, full post persuasion, or plain old goofing around. The only limits you have is don’t post count+ people (force them to post something 10 times) and you cannot force people to be godkilled.

You are allied with yourself. To win, all living players must be infected.
This guy did the best he could, really. He forged alliances even though four players wanted him dead, he spread out his infection, and he had some cool ideas for how to use his powers (like a mass persuasion, which was sadly never realized). He certainly lived long enough to win, but it was bad luck that the Castlevanians won instead of the Belmonts.

Alright, now its award time, but I'm not giving out the MVP award. Instead, every player has 48 hours to vote for MVP in this thread (but in order to vote, you should have other things to say in your post about the game).

The Master Librarian Award for Best Spreadsheet goes to;
Pidge, because it is shaped like a Metroid.

The Adam Malkovich Award for Best Leader goes to;
Acklow, for leading the Belmonts.

The Jonathan and Charlotte Award for Best Teamwork goes to;
Crux, loudkirbyking, Captain Bagman, and imperfectluck.

The Graham Jones Award for Best Schemer goes to;
StevenSnype, for taking victory for the Castles.

Congratulations loudkirbyking, Pidge, BunnyMaster, StevenSnype, RaRe555, Quagsires, and -TheLucarioEffect- for winning Metroidvania Mafia!

Crux

Banned deucer.
As I have said on IRC, I gave very, very little on the sheet which I gave Spiffy. A lot of the roles I faked and only gave him as much as I thought would save BunnyMaster. TBH I was surprised he was happy with such little information.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey nice postgame von.

Giving my insight on the game here

I don't mind that i lost as I knew it was likely unless our faction somehow pulled a clean sweep. I also knew that BG would be targets early on since they were key to a faction surviving.

Guttered that I was allied with Spiffy and would have tried and backstabbed/betrayed/used as human shield early game but he had such a useful role so I (reluctantly) agreed to work with Spiffy. I hate being kept in the dark so got Spiffy to pass his info that he got onto me as a safeguard.

Castles started very strong imo. I passed the sword to BunnyMaster preventing him from talking in the thread which almost led to his lynch. In return for us stopping the lynch on BunnyMaster crux gave us info on the SP. I trusted Spiffy early on and advised him on occasion and Spiffy gave me all his info as a safeguard. Anyway Spiffy wanted a double cross the moment he got that SP info but I did not want SP keen on revenge so early in the game and pressed for an alliance with the SP. Did not really work out though. Also it was around this time where randoms started asking me for my faction, W/C and role. For shits and giggles I told them I was allied with Fatecrashers and apparently so people took me at my word (for a time anyway)

D2 was where things stared heating up. Pidge told me who he was and Spiffy found Aura Guardian so we had found 2 Neutrals. Pidge also had targeted Fatecrashers. I wanted to "lean" on Fatecrashers since I figured that he was either Belmont or Neutral and thought that he might give us info/possible alliance n exchange for us saving his skin. Spiffy wanted the kill to go ahead though and so I did not press the point (since as BG I should have been in the shadows I guess). at this point we had 90% of the player list and I was trying to figure out whether Staraptor Call or Acklow were the Wolf so that we could work together (yeah I know I played this game like a diplomacy game).

I worked with Pidge although I don't know if he actually listened to the targets I gave him or if he just did his own thing lol.

N2 we almost lost the game. we had a fucking MASSACRE and I guess it waas lucky that Spiffy asked TLE to save me otherwise I would have died. Spiffy told me that Ikk thought he was wolf and that Ikk told Spiffy that if he was wolf to kill me so I knew that I had a target painted on my forehead. Spiffy got frozen I think at this time and at this point I thought "fuck it" and became leader. I ignored my W/C as near impossible and focused on a Castlevanian win above all else. Spiffy godkilled himself (WHY oh WHY?) which was irritating as we had 3 members left and 2 of those members were inactive. I kept trying to get that holy cross but it never worked out.

Anyway when Spiffy died I tried to get as many soft alliences as possiable since I was conscious that Ikk wanted me dead and both factions could easily bump us off. Tried to work with as many neutrals as possible since I had nothing against them and needed there help. I think it was Acklow who told us to hit the werewolf in a lynch and I agreed since it was too dangerous for it to be around and I had no better targets and there was no guarantee that it would work with me.

Things went o.k for a bit and I kinda had a few chats between Jig and me helping each other out with lynchs and stuff. I had a nice plan where both Belmonts and us had a kill and I thought Pidge was locked on to Ikk. The plan between the Belmonts and us was that the SP BG would die and they would give me info on there team. My plan was to have Pidge kill Ikk thus freeing up a kill of my own to hit a SP which would leave me the last BG left and all factions equal in numbers. That plan did not work out too well and I had to do some fast talking to explain why a Belmont died on a night that the Sp had no kil. I also kinda had a deal with the SP until they decided to lynch me. at that point I had done a fast tally up and thought it unlikely that I would survive the lynch (and I could say nothing in the thread) so, pissed that the SP tried to backstab me I gave all info I had on the SP to every Belmont alive in the game free of charge. Then to my amazement (I still have no idea why) the Belmonts stepped in and saved me by tying the lynch. At this point it was obvious that I was going to die that night. The funny thing was that I kinda hoped that the SP would hit a Belmont which would make it easier for us but no dice. me and Ikk had a massive flame PM war (and I think lkk has the log still) where I tried to piss him off and make it even more likely that they would hit me rather than rare or snype (which were still strong roles and at least they had a chance to get there W/C done). I also worked out a plan where if I died the castles would still win but Snype and Rare had a better plan so props for them.

This mafia was very fun and I learnt loads so thanks to von and polelover44 for that. I think I tried to focus on alliances too much and had to do a weird balancing act trying to keep both the Belmonts and SP happy before the SP tried to lynch me. Had loads of plans too but unfortunately they never really came off.

don't know who should get MVP but gotta give Snype credit for finding a win.

oh and some people asked how I figured out peoples roles. It was mainly process of elimination (aided by my spreadsheet) but I figured that the experinced players were neutrals (based on both A_G, Pidge and I guess Fate all being Neutral). lkk was figured out in that I knew most of the SP list and also I reckoned that if I got BG role then perhaps other 'newer' players might have got BG role for there faction as well.

wow sorry about that massive wall of text!

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
lol: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3131217&postcount=2

I was never persuaded, there was no host mistake about me being sent my persuasion PM late. I just said that so Space Pirates wouldn't yell at me.

It was funny, but also kind of sad when I talked to Aura Guardian about killing him the night before, and he couldn't really do anything about it, and no one really cared (I think). :(

At first I was worried about everyone wanting to just lynch the neutrals at the beginning. However, everyone got some sense and figured you could use us neutrals to their advantage if we worked with you. I never had to approach anyone at first, they came to me. I think ginganinja talked to me first so I could work with the Castlevanians. A day or two later, offers from Captain Bagman and Jigglypuffers came, from the Space Pirates and Belmont teams respectively. Eventually it was public knowledge what I was. However, I don't think each faction knew I was really working with the others, although they probably suspected I would eventually.

When ginganinja came to me, the death of Fatecrashers was already cued. Then Jiggly wanted me to get rid of Raverist, while Bagman wanted me to get rid of someone else, who I forgot. Since I wanted to please both of the leading factions, I suggested Raverist in place of who Bagman wanted me to kill, and he was fine with it. Meanwhile, I told the Castlevanians I would be killing loudkirbyking for them. It turned out that leeching onto Raverist never worked, and I found this out late, so I just went ahead with X, Aura Guardian. Then I realized, maybe a little late, that I could kill BunnyMaster, and that no one would care or stop me, except his own faction, which wouldn't know he would leaving them to die. I'm glad BunnyMaster never got lynched, or else getting the final kill could of been messier. I actually voted him and didn't realize what I was doing. I think he should of came to me earlier, though, rather than almost minutes away from being lynched.

Also, I have been The Lord of the Flies in Lord of the Flies Mafia and Metroid in Metroidvania mafia. That's kind of cool, right? Both roles were neutral, too.

Overall, it was fun playing with you guys. I can tell vonFiedler was really dedicated into making this game, and hope his future games are a success too. Also, I think Spiffy is a bigger fanboy of me than before?

See you all next game!

COOL METROID BOSSES :pimp::pimp: :cloud:

ridley you so silly

As I have said on IRC, I gave very, very little on the sheet which I gave Spiffy. A lot of the roles I faked and only gave him as much as I thought would save BunnyMaster. TBH I was surprised he was happy with such little information.
We noticed though. I was not an inspector...

But either way, I did get info mainly from Captainbagman on all but Athasan, and he was eventually subbed out for inactivity (ie not getting on Smogon in entire cycles), so no one really knew what he was then from what I set...

As a vampire, you are forever willing to sleep if it is in humanity’s benefit. Once per night, you can PM vonFiedler and polelover44 with “Night X - Sleep in front of USER”. USER’s night action will target you instead of its original target.

the reverse matyr part was my stupidity. I read through the role fast after reading the name "sleep in front of user" I figured I would be a BG of sorts. I guess my mind kinda got that stuck to that image even after reading it. Again, it was pretty stupid on my part not to have read it properly.

You have the Masamune, the most powerful legendary katana ever made. However, because it is so powerful, it also reduces your vote count by two. Your vote count can go negative because of this item.

This one I thought could have been worded better. "it also reduces your vote count by two. Your vote count can go negative because of this item." Made me think that it meant I would start with a total of -2 votes, which is a perfectly reasonable assumption after reading this. How else would you word a role like that? I think for what my role actually was it should have been worded "Your vote counts for two votes less than normal". I talked to Vonfielder and he said he didn't make it say "Your vote counts for -2" because it wouldn't be true if it was given to a mayor. Still, this screwed up one of the lynches.

I thought it was a fun game though, and I think this is the longest i've ever survived in a mafia game. Thats probably not good though. I like 3 kills a night. We should do that more often.

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
Hey, freezer was pretty important, it messed our team up during the endgame. I wanted to lynch RaRe555 on the day coolking was lynched, but I ended up going along with coolking mostly because I didn't want to have the mayor item exposed on me at the time I voted. Then, I was made the killer by lkk and Bunny since I couldn't communicate with them, which ended up hurting our chances of pulling off that critical kill in the end. Freezer for best role...

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
The Cross was actually used extremely well, with Snype predicting a kill attempt on RaRe555 and giving it to him the night before.
Boners.

Overall, a fun game. But the day lynches (for most of half the game at least) seemed to be too obvious and tipped towards lynching the "biggest" faction. I think only at the end (when nearly everyone is already dead, anyway) it looked like you actually had to give it some thought into mayors and persuaders and silencers.

There was no way for a faction to dominate the others seeing how you could just lynch them the next day. In the end, the least numerous faction won, and to me it wasn't as much as them being underestimated as the other faction being so big. I guess you could argue that's good, too, though...

oi Ice Beam is a pretty cool item!!! Funny how everyone thought it was a role.

edit: I might organize my thoughts on this game later. Or not. Don't expect anything.

I know I wasn't in this game, but I wanted to point something out:

This one I thought could have been worded better. "it also reduces your vote count by two. Your vote count can go negative because of this item." Made me think that it meant I would start with a total of -2 votes, which is a perfectly reasonable assumption after reading this.
Um ... what? "Reduces by" means "subtracts"; ie, your new vote total is your original vote total minus 2. I don't see how you could think it meant you start with -2 votes, unless you thought it said "Reduces to".

Well, time for my story...

Night 0... Geez, that one was madness. After considering everything, the only person I really sat and spoke to was Yeti, since she was in my role PM. She said she wanted to be a back-up leader, in case the actual leader went down. I'd yet to be contacted by anyone(BunnyMaster), so I had no clue. He finally contacted me really late that night, and began talking... Which means I was probably the least informed, behind Yeti at this point. Yay... I love that.

At least he did contact me again before deadline, and tell me Crux was with us, for me to talk to him... Crux... Geez, what can I say. I think he wanted to be leader a bit TOO much. Immediantely after I asked him what he needed me for, he demanded a claim. I'm no expert player, but someone that you've never talked to suddenly asking for your role isn't very trustworthy. So, I said I wanted some proof first, let me live the day out, and if I find him all right, I'll toss him my "role".

Day 1, just madness. Everyone wanted Bunny dead for one overlook, in which I knew he had contacted me. Crux utterly demanded info on me at this point, to save Bunny, which, I'm quite glad I didn't give out anything, because he shared it with the Belmonts. That, in itself, kinda spelled "We're dead".

Night 1, oh my... I'd made my claim of every other night bodyguard by this point, since Crux wasn't to be trusted. At this point, I didn't want to speak out to ANYONE, but still wanted information. But, I got nothing beyond orders.

Skipping ahead, night 2, with danman down, we knew the mole had to be Quagsires. I asked Crux if whoever could send me, since it was my alternate win condition to kill the mole (Which was also my proof I was a Space Pirate, especially after I won). So, yep, von and pole both congratulated me, and at this point, I could just put my actions in and be good. But, I'm not THAT mean. I tried to help.

And since I'm not here to give a lecture story, I'll skip to the day I wish never happened. Day 5.

It started off everyone wanting ME dead. I'd been found out, but at this point, didn't really care. IPL said that, if all was right, we'd win the lynch. We'd need neutral's help, but it'd work. We got up a lynch on Aura Guardian, and was going to win that, when ipl came up with a master plan. We would change our votes to ginga, and assuming one of two things would happen.
1. We'd win due to the mayor item, the knowing of a -1 item, and the knowing of a -2 item that we thought WASN'T on coolking... which we learned hard after that it was.
2. Due to some inactivity, some people wouldn't change their votes to me, and thus it'd be split, allowing an easy win due to unknown voting numbers.

Well... That failed. When Jiggly and Bunny were unpersuaded, it got me a bit upset about how an error like that could be done.

Then when Pidge said that his kill didn't work, it also led to some more irritation. Two errors in one day? Pole's on a roll!

And finally, when Pidge "claimed" he was persuaded, at this point I thought it was just another pole error, which annoyed the heck out of me, which is why I didn't suspect it more then normal. And, I ended up flaming the heck outta ginganinja and vonFiedler because of these errors... Sorry to both...

In the end, I asked von about, since the wording was so different, if both could still be legit. He said... Well, here.

01[22:07] <loudkirbyking> All right. To be exact, I have two different PM's of people being persuaded, both sent by you, and the wording is different
[22:07] <vonFiedler> yeah
01[22:07] <loudkirbyking> So one has to be fake?
01[22:08] <loudkirbyking> Or can they be the same, even though the wording is different on them?
[22:08] <vonFiedler> wording can be different
01[22:08] <loudkirbyking> All right.
[22:08] <vonFiedler> I make no effort for wording to be the same
01[22:08] <loudkirbyking> ...That makes things more difficult for me lol
[22:08] <vonFiedler> but easier for fakers
[22:08] <vonFiedler> :)
01[22:08] <loudkirbyking> I know!
01[22:08] <loudkirbyking> Darnit!
01[22:09] <loudkirbyking> You do that on purpose!
[22:09] <vonFiedler> pretty much
[22:10] <vonFiedler> people can't divine actually how I'm gonna word things

So, in all logic, I was more irritated then a bear being poked with a stick... Yeah, so I was ready to scream at someone... meh.

Next night, yeah, we kinda knew that I was next to die. We aimed for ginga, knowing he'd get in our way for later kills. This is also where Bagman made his mistake, and I got martyred. It was an honest mistake that we hadn't truly thought about too much, but... whatever. I ended up having to vote for myself, but we ended up lynching coolking, so the martyr was out. Bagman was down, so we knew martyr would be a big role.

And finally, being frozen to the thread. I got stuck with the lynch 0 item, which I died with in the end. I knew ipl was up to die, so I just decided to sacrifice to keep the better role. My vote was still 0, but if I wanted a chance, I'd have to convince a few users to vote for me. It was worth a try, but nothing happened.

Bunny had told me before I was frozen that he was going to die... So I had to try to survive the night. If I could, I could work with the Belmonts for one night, finish of Castles, then backstab the Belmonts nicely, and win in the end. So, yep, I "gave up" in terms, since I knew I'd be the lone ranger. A bodyguard with no teammates to guard... Yay... It was a hard battle, but I still lost and died. Who cares, I won in the end.

Anywho, my big flame against ginga... people wanted it, so here.

[20:49] <ginganinja> I did tell you that lynching me was a bad Idea
01[20:50] <loudkirbyking> No, if coolking hadn't misspelled your name, we would've won
01[20:50] <loudkirbyking> Unless I miscounted somewhere
[20:50] <ginganinja> ehh
[20:50] <ginganinja> thats for the postgame
01[20:51] <loudkirbyking> I'm going to find out!
01[21:16] <loudkirbyking> I want answer, now
01[21:16] <loudkirbyking> Why was I redirected at?
01[21:18] <loudkirbyking> I know you sent your redirector to redirect Pidge. Why? And why was I the target?
[21:18] <ginganinja> dear loudkirbyking
[21:19] <ginganinja> FUCK OFF
[21:19] <ginganinja> I owe you nothing
01[21:19] <loudkirbyking> I WANT MA ANSWER!
[21:19] <ginganinja> dude
01[21:19] <loudkirbyking> Okay, watch your faction go down in flames. I don't care if I die.
[21:19] <ginganinja> you tried to backstab me remember?
[21:19] <ginganinja> why would I tell you anything?
01[21:19] <loudkirbyking> No, I didn't. I followed orders, I said that
01[21:19] <loudkirbyking> I tried to convince them otherwise
[21:19] <ginganinja> yeah well
[21:20] <ginganinja> you did a great Job did'nt you?
01[21:20] <loudkirbyking> ...You want to complain that I actually TRIED?
[21:20] <ginganinja> im not made at you
[21:20] <ginganinja> mad*
[21:20] <ginganinja> I warned you
[21:20] <ginganinja> that lynching me was a bad idea
01[21:21] <loudkirbyking> Yeah, well, if Pidge hadn't been persuaded at me
01[21:21] <loudkirbyking> You'd be in the grave
01[21:21] <loudkirbyking> Who's to say I can't Night Kill you right off?
[21:21] <ginganinja> well
[21:21] <ginganinja> you can
[21:21] <ginganinja> 2bh
[21:21] <ginganinja> I am expecting it
01[21:21] <loudkirbyking> I'm done playing games ginga. I want my answer. Why did RaRe persuade to vote me?
[21:22] <ginganinja> man
[21:22] <ginganinja> why would I give you any more info
[21:22] <ginganinja> I helped your faction
[21:22] <ginganinja> and you guys just tried to backstab me
[21:22] <ginganinja> without even a reason
01[21:23] <loudkirbyking> We have a reason
[21:23] <ginganinja> well
01[21:23] <loudkirbyking> A very logical reason. But I can't tell you, since you're alive
[21:23] <ginganinja> I never found out what it was
01[21:23] <loudkirbyking> If you were in a grave, I'd spill it
[21:23] <ginganinja> besides
[21:23] <ginganinja> even if you hit me
[21:23] <ginganinja> during the night
[21:23] <ginganinja> thats giving the Belmonts victory
01[21:23] <loudkirbyking> It'll be 3 3 2 1, nut
[21:24] <ginganinja> no
01[21:24] <loudkirbyking> Yes
01[21:24] <loudkirbyking> Why not?
[21:24] <ginganinja> cannot tell you
01[21:24] <loudkirbyking> That's assuming that I don't guard whoever they kill
[21:24] <ginganinja> cause
[21:24] <ginganinja> you are alive
01[21:24] <loudkirbyking> A_G is gonna die
[21:24] <ginganinja> oh
[21:24] <ginganinja> better protect yourself then
01[21:24] <loudkirbyking> Good.
01[21:24] <loudkirbyking> I'll be sure to do that
01[21:25] <loudkirbyking> Who's to say I don't have a bpv item?
[21:25] <ginganinja> I do
01[21:25] <loudkirbyking> Nope
01[21:25] <loudkirbyking> Show me what proof you have. I could have one
[21:25] <ginganinja> yeah
[21:25] <ginganinja> show the guy who backstabbed me proof
[21:25] <ginganinja> good one
01[21:25] <loudkirbyking> Why do you think I was so angry about the lynch, but don't care about the night kill
01[21:26] <loudkirbyking> Night kill death I don't care about
[21:26] <ginganinja> well
01[21:26] <loudkirbyking> Lynch, I do
[21:26] <ginganinja> I told you
[21:26] <ginganinja> I did
[21:26] <ginganinja> but you had to try and kill me
01[21:26] <loudkirbyking> And even if I don't have the item, who's to say someone didn't give me one?
01[21:27] <loudkirbyking> One might not have been passable, but what if there's another that is?
01[21:27] <loudkirbyking> After all, it's easy to give items away to allies who need them
[21:27] <ginganinja> it takes a night to
[21:27] <ginganinja> get an item
01[21:27] <loudkirbyking> What if I have it all ready?
01[21:27] <loudkirbyking> You don't know what PM's I get
01[21:28] <loudkirbyking> I could have it, and be laughing away
01[21:28] <loudkirbyking> I KNEW I'd be targetted tonight
01[21:28] <loudkirbyking> I knew it during the day
01[21:28] <loudkirbyking> I knew it during last night
[21:28] <ginganinja> you are bluffing
01[21:28] <loudkirbyking> I knew I'd die tonight
01[21:29] <loudkirbyking> It was only a matter of time, and since Bunny was still the target during last day, I knew it wouldn't be that night
01[21:29] <loudkirbyking> But, I plan ahead. WAY ahead
01[21:29] <loudkirbyking> I knew I'd die soon. Who's to say I didn't ask someone to pass me that item?
[21:30] <ginganinja> see the thing is
01[21:30] <loudkirbyking> You think I'm bluffing? I don't care about being targetted tonight
[21:30] <ginganinja> I know you plan ahead
01[21:30] <loudkirbyking> YOU CAN'T KILL!
01[21:30] <loudkirbyking> Belmonts do
[21:30] <ginganinja> so
[21:30] <ginganinja> I thik\nk
01[21:30] <loudkirbyking> And you hated the Belmonts last
[21:30] <ginganinja> think*
[21:30] <ginganinja> thats why you are mad
01[21:30] <loudkirbyking> Even if you tell them, it's too late
[21:30] <ginganinja> because something happened
01[21:30] <loudkirbyking> I've planned for my death for a while, ginga
[21:30] <ginganinja> that you did not expect
01[21:30] <loudkirbyking> I'm always one step ahead
[21:31] <ginganinja> and you think I have'nt?
01[21:31] <loudkirbyking> And you think I killed you in Randomness without a plan first?
[21:31] <ginganinja> we are both prepared to die
[21:31] <ginganinja> welll look how well that paln worked out
01[21:31] <loudkirbyking> I hated seeing my name on the lynch area
[21:31] <ginganinja> plan*
[21:31] <ginganinja> join the club
01[21:32] <loudkirbyking> My anger is because there was 5 errors in one day
[21:32] <ginganinja> you no nothing
01[21:32] <loudkirbyking> All of which made me resort to another plan
[21:32] <ginganinja> know*
01[21:32] <loudkirbyking> Which, yes, I do have all planned out
[21:32] <ginganinja> except
[21:32] <ginganinja> the lynch on you
01[21:32] <loudkirbyking> If I were lynched, we still would win with my plan
[21:32] <ginganinja> yeah GL with that
01[21:32] <loudkirbyking> Just a matter of odds, addition, and plotting
[21:33] <ginganinja> but
[21:33] <ginganinja> I don't take kindly to being backstabed
01[21:33] <loudkirbyking> I don't take kindly to people holding info
01[21:33] <loudkirbyking> Spill it.
[21:33] <ginganinja> if the Belmonts win
[21:33] <ginganinja> I don't mind
01[21:33] <loudkirbyking> You knew I was BG before Yesterday
[21:33] <ginganinja> my faction has lost anyway
[21:34] <ginganinja> like I said earlier
01[21:34] <loudkirbyking> Hey, you can still win this. I've made a plan I COULD share with you that could get you to win
[21:34] <ginganinja> my faction is kingmaker
[21:34] <ginganinja> oh wow
01[21:34] <loudkirbyking> I know you had to know I was BG before yesterday
01[21:34] <loudkirbyking> Matter of logic
[21:34] <ginganinja> gee
[21:34] <ginganinja> let me trust you again
[21:34] <ginganinja> and watch me get backstabbed
[21:34] <ginganinja> what a master plan?
01[21:34] <loudkirbyking> So, why the heck DIDN'T you lead a lynch on me yesterday?
01[21:35] <loudkirbyking> If you knew I was a bg, why not?
[21:35] <ginganinja> well
[21:35] <ginganinja> I told you why
[21:35] <ginganinja> if you don't yet know
[21:35] <ginganinja> then it sucks for you
01[21:35] <loudkirbyking> I know why
[21:35] <ginganinja> cause its in this log
01[21:36] <loudkirbyking> I so know why. But, alas, even when you help, it's so easy to backstab right back
[21:36] <ginganinja> and yeah
[21:36] <ginganinja> thats why I am hardly going to run to help you again
01[21:36] <loudkirbyking> Yeah, hey, y'now what? Let me die tonight
[21:36] <ginganinja> my faction is kingmaker
01[21:36] <loudkirbyking> I don't care
01[21:36] <loudkirbyking> In fact, overkill me!
[21:36] <ginganinja> and you really think
[21:37] <ginganinja> that I would help you
01[21:37] <loudkirbyking> I don't stinking care. I'll tell my own faction to kill me
[21:37] <ginganinja> lol wow
[21:37] <ginganinja> I doubt that
01[21:37] <loudkirbyking> You never know
[21:37] <ginganinja> its not going to happpen
01[21:37] <loudkirbyking> Probably not
[21:37] <ginganinja> see
01[21:37] <loudkirbyking> But, start asking around after
[21:37] <ginganinja> I told you
01[21:38] <loudkirbyking> Watch my faction, they'll say, after I tell them to kill me, that I did say that
[21:38] <ginganinja> so
[21:38] <ginganinja> I can tell my faction to kil me
01[21:38] <loudkirbyking> I'm not bluffing about it, I'll tell them to use the kill on me
[21:38] <ginganinja> does not mean it will happen
[21:38] <ginganinja> bullshit
[21:38] <ginganinja> if your faction kills you
[21:38] <ginganinja> .......
01[21:39] <loudkirbyking> I don't care anymore. My name won't show up on the death tonight
01[21:39] <loudkirbyking> Just watch and see.
[21:39] <ginganinja> won't?
01[21:39] <loudkirbyking> I told you, I can have a bpv item
01[21:39] <loudkirbyking> I knew I'd die
[21:40] <ginganinja> yeah yeah yeah
[21:40] <ginganinja> nice bluff
01[21:40] <loudkirbyking> Belmonts would know soon, so I can plan easy
01[21:40] <loudkirbyking> It's so easy to plan things
[21:41] <ginganinja> yeah well
[21:41] <ginganinja> its easy to screw with your plans
01[21:41] <loudkirbyking> Not quite
01[21:41] <loudkirbyking> Every great mind has a back-up
[21:41] <ginganinja> you are human
[21:41] <ginganinja> (like me)
[21:41] <ginganinja> therefore
[21:41] <ginganinja> falliable
01[21:42] <loudkirbyking> I'm human? I'm a kirby, duh lol
01[21:42] <loudkirbyking> All kidding aside
01[21:44] <loudkirbyking> Glad to see you die tonight
[21:44] <ginganinja> hey np
[21:46] <ginganinja> im ready to die
01[21:46] <loudkirbyking> Hey, I will o
01[21:46] <loudkirbyking> *to
01[21:46] <loudkirbyking> Except, hey, I won't
01[21:46] <loudkirbyking> I will die, and I won't. Figure that out
[21:46] <ginganinja> nah
[21:46] <ginganinja> cannot be bothered
01[21:47] <loudkirbyking> I told you, I won't die tonight
[21:47] <ginganinja> heard it
01[21:47] <loudkirbyking> Think I'm bluffing? Look at the facts
[21:47] <ginganinja> you are bluffing
01[21:47] <loudkirbyking> Prove it
01[21:47] <loudkirbyking> I'm not bluffing.
[21:47] <ginganinja> tonight?
01[21:48] <loudkirbyking> I won't die tonight
[21:48] <ginganinja> so like....
[21:48] <ginganinja> I can kill you?
01[21:48] <loudkirbyking> Tonight in game
01[21:48] <loudkirbyking> Go ahead
[21:48] <ginganinja> good enough proof?
[21:48] <ginganinja> K then
01[21:48] <loudkirbyking> Tomorrow night, feel free.
[21:48] <ginganinja> why wait
01[21:48] <loudkirbyking> Belmonts will take out my BPV item
01[21:49] <loudkirbyking> Then you kill to finish
01[21:49] <loudkirbyking> Simple as that
[21:49] <ginganinja> wow
[21:49] <ginganinja> o.k
[21:49] <ginganinja> I will do that
Session Close: Mon Nov 08 22:56:46 2010

Session Start: Wed Nov 10 18:48:19 2010
Session Ident: ginganinja
01[18:48] <loudkirbyking> Told you you'd die
01[18:48] <loudkirbyking> And that I wouldn't
[18:53] <ginganinja> hey
[18:53] <ginganinja> I knew that
[18:53] <ginganinja> made preparations
01[18:53] <loudkirbyking> Hey, I knew you'd do that
[18:53] <ginganinja> in chess
[18:54] <ginganinja> its called a sacrifice
[18:54] <ginganinja> or somethimes
[18:54] <ginganinja> times*
[18:54] <ginganinja> a poinsoned pawn
[18:54] <ginganinja> in other words
01[18:54] <loudkirbyking> You realize now Belmonts win
[18:54] <ginganinja> a concealed trap
[18:54] <ginganinja> well
01[18:54] <loudkirbyking> You had a chance if you'd played right, but now if I'm lynched, Belmonts pretty much auto-win
[18:54] <ginganinja> that was your choice
01[18:54] <loudkirbyking> It wasn't mine!
01[18:54] <loudkirbyking> It was ipl
[18:56] <ginganinja> hey look
[18:56] <ginganinja> you guys had a choice
01[18:56] <loudkirbyking> I talked to them, tried to change their mind, but I couldn't
[18:56] <ginganinja> kill a Castelvanian (small on numbers)
[18:56] <ginganinja> or kill a belmont
[18:56] <ginganinja> and you guys
01[18:56] <loudkirbyking> If pole hadn't screwed up, we'd win
[18:56] <ginganinja> decided that a grudge
[18:56] <ginganinja> was worth more than winning the game
01[18:57] <loudkirbyking> Pole screwed up
[18:57] <ginganinja> so really
[18:57] <ginganinja> I feel like I won
01[18:57] <loudkirbyking> Hey, I DID win
[18:57] <ginganinja> you had the game in your hands
[18:57] <ginganinja> to win
[18:57] <ginganinja> and you lost it
[18:57] <ginganinja> over a petty grudge
01[18:57] <loudkirbyking> I won, I don't care
01[18:57] <loudkirbyking> ...Watch this
[18:58] <ginganinja> ..o.k
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[14:57] <@loudkirbyking> Guys
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[14:57] <@loudkirbyking> Change back to Aura Guardian
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[14:57] <@loudkirbyking> Okay, Bunny's the only one here
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[14:57] <@loudkirbyking> Never mind lol
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[14:57] <@loudkirbyking> Change of plans, Aura Guardian is my new target
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[14:58] <@loudkirbyking> Oh, you did vote
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[14:58] <@loudkirbyking> Bunny, ginga's not the target
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> [14:58] <~BunnyMaster> why?
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[14:59] <@loudkirbyking> Ginga promised me a trial run. He'll get his bg to guard me tonight, and if I die, he'll be auto-lynched
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[14:59] <@loudkirbyking> And through a long talk we had, he's planning on helping us kill Belmonts
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> [14:59] <~BunnyMaster> what?
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> [15:00] <~BunnyMaster> so, he is bging you....
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> [15:00] <~BunnyMaster> that is pointless
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[15:00] <@loudkirbyking> I can't bg myself
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> 01[15:00] <@loudkirbyking> ipl is guarded
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> [15:00] <~BunnyMaster> you dieing doesnt matter
01[18:58] <loudkirbyking> We had a plan, which involved me taking a fall, but pole screwed it up with his errors
[18:58] <ginganinja> don't see it
01[18:59] <loudkirbyking> This shows I did try to change it
[18:59] <ginganinja> no
[18:59] <ginganinja> that was about the lynch
[18:59] <ginganinja> I am talking about the
01[18:59] <loudkirbyking> Yes. I tried to tell them to change back
[18:59] <ginganinja> night kill
[18:59] <ginganinja> lol
01[18:59] <loudkirbyking> We HAD to kill you at this point
[18:59] <ginganinja> this is very funny
[19:00] <ginganinja> you hit me instead of hitting a belmont
[19:00] <ginganinja> and now go running to me saying
[19:00] <ginganinja> congrats
[19:00] <ginganinja> the Belmonts win
[19:00] <ginganinja> remember
01[19:00] <loudkirbyking> Because someone decided to gang up on me
[19:00] <ginganinja> YOUR faction stabbed me in the back
[19:00] <ginganinja> YOUR faction targetting me
01[19:01] <loudkirbyking> YOUR team suddenly turning
01[19:01] <loudkirbyking> I know RaRe persuaded Pidge
[19:01] <ginganinja> well
01[19:01] <loudkirbyking> You were going to turn right there
[19:01] <ginganinja> I know you thik somethings occured
01[19:01] <loudkirbyking> And strike us right there
[19:01] <ginganinja> but thats postgame shit
[19:02] <ginganinja> quite happy now
[19:02] <ginganinja> this just made my day
01[19:02] <loudkirbyking> Oh, postgame I will flame like mad. I'm done bein' nice, because of two errors pole made, THAT cost us everything
01[19:03] <loudkirbyking> Don't think it was your stupid plans that did it. The logic was absolute, until the evidence was shown to be faked
[19:03] <ginganinja> lol
06[19:03] * loudkirbyking casts meteor on ginga
[19:03] <ginganinja> ROFL
01[19:03] <loudkirbyking> I might be working with you, but I'm not gonna be nice in a game
01[19:03] <loudkirbyking> This is mafia. Shoot or be shot. I'ma shoot you now
06[19:04] * loudkirbyking smiles
01[19:04] <loudkirbyking> Now, goodbye
Session Close: Wed Nov 10 19:04:41 2010

Yep, I lied a whole lot, and don't care. Anywho, that's my story, like it or not.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Semi-competent is better than not right? Regardless, over the next few mafia I'll work to be better. But in celebration: I DIDN'T GET MOLED!!!!! Though with our mole being killed so quick there wasn't much of a chance. I still have accomplished my goal, so whatever. On that subject, von you put jigs and I on the same team on purpose didn't you?

On the subject of the game: I feel semi-competent is a fair description. I didn't screw anything up and I planned a few things, so I'm happy. I wish I could have done a little more, but there wasn't much for me to do.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Certainly an enjoyable game. I will edit this more if I find time.

Edit: We can't see what Pidge's Spreadsheet looks like, would it be possible to remove the privacy setting, please?

Here's our Spreadsheet for those who want to see it: The Belmont Spreadsheet

N0 was an interesting night. I quickly got into contact with Phantasia, hoping to find out what he knew. At first I thought I was twins with him, but soon I figured that this game was going to be similar in team style as FF3 was. By Day 1, I knew everyone's roles in our factions and I quickly began work on finding out who our mole was. I had two suspicions: Phantasia and Yeti. During a conversation on our secret channel on IRC (Yeti, Phantasia, Jiggly and I were the only ones present), we started talking about our plan on collaborating with the Space Pirates in order to backstab the Castlevanians. Jiggly mainly addressed the plan to Yeti and I because I was obviously leading, and Yeti was the only other active member in the chat. We spoke about how we thought that the Castlevanians and the Space Pirates were working together against us, and how we wanted to see if we could somehow get the Castlevanians to side with us. Later on, I was contacted by Bunnymaster who said some obviously strange things. I relayed this to Jiggly, and our plan was set: Take out Yeti. If Yeti was telling the truth, then we would know it because she wouldn't die. If she wasn't, well too bad, we took out the mole. Here were the logs that decided the fate of Yeti:
Acklow said:
So BunnyMaster, of all people, decides to contact me. Looks like we're collaborating with the Space Pirates now. Anyways, here are the logs:

IRC said:
BunnyMaster: hello
[9:59pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: hello
[9:59pm] BunnyMaster: I see you are a belmont
[9:59pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: And how did you find this out
[10:00pm] BunnyMaster: I would rather not say
[10:00pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: I see...
[10:00pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: No doubt
[10:00pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: Your mole
[10:00pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: was helpful
[10:00pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: in that
[10:00pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: What do you want from me mr. Space Pirate?
[10:01pm] BunnyMaster: I know you think the space pirates have an alliance have an alliance with the castlevanians
[10:01pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: And how did you find that out?
[10:02pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: Oh no dobut
[10:02pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: *doubt
[10:02pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: you'll probably say you can't tell me that either
[10:02pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: Just state what you want please.
[10:03pm] BunnyMaster: we do not have an alliance with the castlevanians
[10:03pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: okay
[10:03pm] BunnyMaster: and we want spiffy dead
[10:03pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: We do too
[10:04pm] BunnyMaster: we will not interfere with you if you kill spiffy tonight
[10:04pm] BunnyMaster: he is a castlevanian
[10:04pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: mhm
[10:05pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: I do believe I know who your mole is.
[10:05pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: The mole
[10:06pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: who is working for you that is
[10:06pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: But also
[10:06pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: We would like to help you in eradicating your own mole
[10:06pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: i.e.
[10:06pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: the one who is with the Castlevanians
[10:07pm] BunnyMaster: how would you help with that?
[10:08pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: I have a list of some of the Castlevanians
[10:08pm] BunnyMaster: who do you think our mole is?
[10:08pm] Acklow_TheatreShow: I will not say
Notice this:

BunnyMaster: I know you think the space pirates have an alliance have an alliance with the castlevanians
He could not have known this unless the actual mole was in the room with us. The only people in the room at the time were the following:
-Yeti
-Me
-You
-Phantasia

This can only mean that either Yeti or Phantasia are the actual mole. I'm going to have Phantasia forward his role PM to me whenever I see him again, so that I know he isn't faking it. We will find this mole.
I was also one of the earlier people who figured out that the factions were set up 7-7-7-1-1-1-1. This set up meant that we would be able to work with at least one of the neutrals, which is what I set out to work on.

Night 1, I inspected Aura Guardian, in hopes of finding at least one neutral, and bless my luck, we did. I instantly went to work, contacting him and at first I hoped that none of our team's win condition's clashed with him. At first, I thought it didn't, but then one of them said something about needing AG dead, so I threw that chance away. Instead, we worked on double crossing AG and using him to our advantage, which worked.

N2, I inspected Pidge because I had reasons to suspect that vonFiedler would give more "experienced" players the neutral roles, thus I had a suspicion that either LKK or Pidge would be either neutral we were looking for. Turns out he was. In fact, his role didn't clash with any of our living members, which meant we could work with him and use his role to our full advantage, which somewhat did. I originally hoped to live long enough to develop a trust between me and Pidge so that he could become a full Belmont supporter, but alas, I never got the chance because I died mid-game.

Anyways, that's all for now, I'll put up more later.

Aight so in case you were too lazy to read our spreadsheets, here were Samus's items:

the Grappling Hook was with Fate at the beginning, and was the thief item
the Varia Suit - whole faction rogue, ipl had it iirc
the Morph Ball - really helpful in case somebody with one of Samus's items died, RaRe had it
the Ice Beam - I think we all know what this did
then the Super Missile is a kill item, given by us when Samus has the other four items.

The kills also had priorities in list format, they went like so:
Samus
Space Pirates (Nights 2/3, 5/6, etc.)
Castlevanians (Nights 1/3, 4/6, etc.)
Belmonts (Nights 1/2, 4/5, etc.)
Werewolf

Metroid's kill didn't matter, because as long as Metroid had successfully latched on the previous night (i.e. it hadn't been hooked/bg'd), the kill would work no matter what went on around the person the next night..

EDIT: The only mistake I think I made was having to un-persuade two of the persuades (jiggly and bunny iirc). Pidge's kill not going through wasn't my error it was that his target was guarded last night. And Pidge was never persuaded.

Early in the game, I pretty much took orders from Crux and didn't get much information from him. After N1 when two of our guys died (and Quagsire's and my identities were momentarily revealed), including danmantincan whom Crux said was not to be trusted and almost certainly the mole, I went into a panic and contacted the rest of our team. I miscounted how many people we should have, and came up with some inane theory about how Athasan was a mole and Crux was a Belmont straight up. This led to me leaking some information to Quagsires, before LKK pointed out the flaws in my theory and I realized Quagsires must be the mole.

After the failed Spiffy lynch D2, I asked Quagsires for advise on whether we should try to kill Spiffy or Crux "the mole". He told me we should get Crux. I assumed he thought I still believed he was clean and hoped this would stop the Castlevanians from trying to interfere with using our kill on him. We let LKK get the win here as we wanted to kill a Castlevanian, but assumed Spiffy would be protected, and at this point we weren't sure who the others were.

After the Castlevanians were massacred N2, we knew it was time to go after the Belmonts. I was amused by Spiffy's attempts to bully us into lynching Acklow, as this is what we wanted to do anyway. This was hijacked by a movement to kill the wolf which was fine with me as the Neutrals in this game were mostly a source of unpredictability and could not be trusted.

Then Spiffy was godkilled, which was one of the major turning points in the game. After this everyone seemed to assume the Castlevanians were SOL. Then N3 it seemed like half of the game was redirected to Acklow which seemed a bit broken in combination with the BPV. But it wasn't anything too bad as we managed to get Aura Paladin lynched after a grand debate (though I don't think votes were actually swayed by any of the arguments).

Crux died the next night which we did not expect. We were thinking it would be BunnyMaster. We were mostly pleased that our enemies were attacking (in our opinion) our weakest remaining roles.

D5 was chaos and another major turning point. At first I wanted Aura Guardian dead because he had the potential to screw with our plans in unpredictable ways and we knew he hadn't infected many of us. But then IPL convinced me that we had the votes to lynch ginganinja. The plan was to get Castlevanians down to one member in order to block their kill with impunity and then outvote the Belmonts with our silencer and mayor item. But Pidge decided to tie the vote (still not sure why he did this) and our plan went to hell.

N5 I get killed which I was not expecting. We had worked out that if Belmont used their martyr on me and killed LKK, there was nothing we could do to stop it. So we figured they would do this. For some reason they decide to martyr LKK and kill me, which could have been stopped if I had hooked the martyr, coolking (whom we had inspected), or the killer (which I had correctly guess was jigglypuffers as she had nothing else to do and would be expected not to be night targeted). For some reason, IPL had me convinced to hook RaRe555, the Castlevanian persuader. I SHOULD have realized that the only reason I wouldn't have been martyred is if I was being killed. A big misplay on my part, but also a misplay by the Belmonts. This probably could have won the game for us.

I did think at this point that the Castlevanians had a chance to get overlooked. Their persuader was the most powerful role left in the game save for IPL, the silencer with the semi-BPV and my +1 vote.

Space Pirates probably should have won the game as I think we had the most information and role power mid-game. Unfortunately we made costly blunders in the attempted ginganinja lynch and my failure to save myself.

I can see how the alternate win conditions were supposed to promote disharmony within factions. Danmantincan's "I need to be leader" condition got him branded as a possible mole. LKK wanted to kill the mole, which was pretty pointless once you figured out who it was. But where this experiment was less successful is that Space Pirates did better when we worked together anyway and should have had a strong opportunity to win.

Another thing about the win conditions was
vonFiedler said:
AND
Players must fulfill their primary win condition AND fulfill a separate more unique win condition. This win condition shouldn't be hard to fulfill, but you will have to work for it.

OR
Players may fulfill their primary win condition OR fulfill a separate more unique win condition. This win condition should be just as difficult as a faction victory, but it exists as an option.
some of the wins were much harder to achieve. I needed my faction to not only win but to win BIG especially since I had a power role. Where as other people only need to kill a mole, or for a specific neutral to win.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Sooo I subbed in the night Spiffy died and I was frozen. I didn't read my role PM carefully and assumed I couldn't win so I went with a fuck-it attitude. Von gave me some helpful tips, which he said he gave ipl. So I already knew who was in the faction. Anyway, day after I get subbed in. ginga instantly give me access to his spread and it had multiple people listed down as shared, so it confirmed the suspicion of Jig being mole. ginga tells me that belmonts have our info on SPs. I would've helped him out, except I saw this huge column of ANDs and ORs. I saw my name next to it, and then I saw Zorbees/Raverist/Rare/whoever's name was on there. Ginga was being annoying at the time, requesting for the Cross, but by then, I already had a plan on how Rare and I could win with our alternate WCs.

N5: I priority raise Ginga to prot me. I don't think Rare was on at the time. Rare scavenges the Stopwatch. We ally with the SPs. I make the gutsy sacrifice and priority raise rare to send him to kill Jig. The next night, I use the Cross and priority raise myself (prevents the hook) and kill Pidge. He and I both win... and I actually wrote that on the spreadsheet. :s

So eventually the ginganinja died, which wasn't that bad since now I wouldn't have to lie about making a fake role PM that the Cross "went missing." We confronted the SPs and told them that we were basically harmless neutrals and we didn't need them dead.

BUT on Night 6!

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn
some people tried to send motivational speeches to me, which somewhat worked. I felt bad since the other Castles lost expecting me and rare to move on. So my soft spot/tendency-to-not-be-a-dick caused a backstab to the SPs. We used the virtually finished Spreadsheet (with a minor mistake) to plan out. The biggest problem was ipl who had a mayor item, and more importantly was the silencer. Kirby was not a problem since if I'm alive, we don't give a fuck since we kill through you. Belmonts were no threat since Jig would have some crappy ability as it looked like with Quagsires and whoever-the-hell-was-moling-the-Belmonts. Phantasia's Ice Beam was such a nuisance, but I figured if we planned extensively, the Ice Beam wouldn't really bother us.

We needed Rare alive at all costs. I realized that Rare's power is better off at day, and mine would be better at night. So we traded items. He got the Cross and I got the stopwatch. The new plan was to eliminate the SPs altogether since there would be one less kill to worry about.

Anyway, we had told the SPs that we plan to kill Jig since that was who Rare's target is. The idea was for us and SPs to kill off the belmonts, but we planned on backstabbing them and killing ipl who was the most dangerous threat. (Again, who gives a shit about an enemy BG who can't block your kills and an inspector when there would be 8 players in the game?)

Unfortunately though, Rare had already been offline, and von told me he never updated his target PM. (FUCK!) Belmonts told rare before he went offline that Pidge was going to kill Bunny. However, he gave lkk the Tyrfing (who I suppose was given to him or he scavenged? :s) and persuaded ipl to selfvote, which is a wasted persuasion.

Day 7

BULLSHIT SPREADSHEET WITH NO BPV ITEM! (I know it's a rogue item, but we referred to it as a BPV since if only Belmonts were left, Rare could use this as a second BPV)

Thank god that the fuckup happened, else we would've lost. So we collaborated with Belmonts to lynch IPL. We could still kill though, and if Pidge targeted Bunny, Bunny couldn't do shit. and with our priority kill, we can wreck lkk and eliminate him. I told Rare to use his cross. We won. :D

Anyway gg

Sorry I can't really give player shoutouts since I didn't really play actively.

Early game, I find myself a neutral, and guessed that Jigglypuffers42 had the best chances of survival: good enough, but not high-profile enough. After explaining that the infect was not lethal, I latch myself onto the Belmonts.

Aside from my infects, which were unfortunately random, mostly, I managed to, by virtue of being neutral-ish, find out information about various factions. I decided that in case the Belmonts failed, I'd help their rivals by ousting Jig as the mole to a few people, so that everyone wouldn't hate me for allying with them. I only got to use one copied inspect from BM, and tried to use it to move the lynch off of me, but ... well, it sort of worked.

Basically, people tried to negotiate with me, I tried to find out stuff, I was too rigidly allied with the Belmonts. I've filed this game as a learning experience for how to play neutrals.

Towards the end, I was handing out everything I knew, which, since I only had one copied inspect, and what people told me, wasn't too much. But I did get told about LKK as the BG.

As for the roles:
I think my infect was somewhat underpowered. If I'd had a few more enemies, and if my infect was a bit stronger, I'd have had a bit better chance. "Stronger," as in, two infects every other night, or it can spread twice, not once. Or something like that.

The wolf, if he truly had the lowest priority for kill, had only a chance from items, and a rather chancy one at that (or a neutral, perhaps, or the person who could win if he won). IMO, wolves should always have some sort of edge, like fast kills, or some way to survive, etc.

I think the neutrals should all also have been moling a faction. That would have evened the odds for them a bit, while still keeping it a bit harder.

I'm running out of ways to express my thoughts here, excpet for "good game" and the like, so I guess I'll stop for now.

And vote Phantasia's Ice Beam for MVP, now where's a Thunderbolt?

Well, time for my incredibly long summary of how I played.

I had contacted Captain Bagman fairly early, to try and unite our team, but it became apparent that crux had taken on that role. I was hesitant to trust him at first, but ended up giving him my role information. I didn't spend a lot of time talking to my team, but I did mention that I thought Quagsires was trying to mole the Space Pirates.
I also wonder how I was so "insistent" about being the leader that it would cause my faction to distrust me. I never once said that people should vote for me to be the leader, the closest thing would have been either when I told Bagman that I wanted to unite our faction or when I was talking to crux and only mentioned that my win condition was to be voted leader 3 times, and I even voted for crux to be the leader the one day I was alive.

I'm really not in the mood to type much so I'll probably add later.

I never said I played a good game, but the hosts have no right to comment about my play if they sucked too. :)

The first instance where I was screwed over when dead Yeti said something along the lines of: "Since 2/3 of the people in the game are against Spiffy then there's no reason not to lynch him". Did she say something like this when one of her teammates was being lynched? Of course not. This was very low of Yeti and it pisses me off that she would stoop so low because she was pissed off that she died. This should have been a ban from the chat room at the very least. Maybe even a temporary ban from playing mafia at all. I even contacted the hosts about this and got no response.

Then polelover44 thinks it would be funny to point out all the flaws in my argument when I was desperate not to get lynched. Yeah I was dying after that one. LITERALLY :D ... But really I think polelover wanted to have some type of grudge against me after I like messed around in the chatroom?

And finally, the one that pisses me off the most: I got godkilled for not following my restriction. Well King Emerald doesn't follow HIS restriction and gets off scott free. This just shows how fucking impartial the hosts were this entire game against me. I know I'm not a very good host either, but really, you may want to practice on impartialty and following your own rules.

As for players, I will list some that I thought did a pretty decent jobs/ones that I just want to comment on.

loudkirbyking: I couldn't fool him; he knew I was the wolf from Day 1. *giggles*

Captain Bagman: On a more serious note, despite him bagging on me in his most recent post, I thought he played a very good first game.

ginganinja: fuck you

Fatecrashers: I always liked Fatecrashers, he's a nice guy.

Crux: The guy who thought I didn't notice that your inspector and bodyguard were conveniantly not on the list? Ever heard of deductive reasoning? ;)

Quagsires: Got a lot of information from the Space Pirates, so good job. :)

Acklow: I may have to hold off on our game because I'm going on vacation and will probably get grounded soon. :(

Hosts: lol

BYE GUYS! :D

Oh and by the way:

<UncleSam> wait so what thats what i just commented on lol
<UncleSam> so if they godkill you they should do the same for him
<UncleSam> but they shouldnt have godkilled you in the first place

^ I LIKE citing UncleSam. ;)

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I shouldn't have died but:
a. LKK was probably the most paranoid mafia player I have ever seen and refused to claim.
b. I had Crux talk to BM talking to Acklow, when I should have been scripting all of BM's lines so nothing slipped. He revealed a piece of information only I or Phantasia would have known that I told to Crux, who must have told it to BM who told it to Acklow.
this is why showing your teammates full logs of your conversations is so crucial ~_`
c. polelover ended the night early. Had he waited until the deadline, I would have been able to tell LKK, who wasn't on at the time, to BG me. Apparently he'd had other orders but it was SO gd obvious nobody was going to kill BM and I had the suspicion someone or other was going for me. I pretty much guessed LKK was our faction's BG after Crux's spreadsheet had every other Space Pirate's role filled in but we were missing a BG/LKK's.
I love idlers they give me the maximum amount of time to plot and in this case ending the night early led to my death when I should have stayed alive. I admit I should have written every single word BM said instead of trusting it to go through 2 people as well.

Though I'm really not sure why Acklow killed me, it seems like it'd have been a better idea to feed me false information and keep me around for voting purposes than to off someone who should have been voting with him.
Not to mention the Belmonts probably would've stood a better chance with me at least pretending to attempt to work with them.
He had told me every detail about his faction anyway, it should've been obvious I'd already relayed it out so silencing me was ineffective.

I figured out very early on that Quagsires was the mole because he had no night role. I assumed jigglypuffers didn't have one either, but considering her night role only affects herself, I maintain that the moles all could not target or affect other users in any manner. Which is how you'd find your mole.

Would've been nice to play a bit more and had I stayed around, SP almost assuredly would've won with the Belmonts in a closer second than they were.
Alas I didn't get much of a chance to talk to anyone on my faction sans Quagsires, Crux and LKK. The mole, the guy who tried to namelynch me, and a super paranoid.

Speaking of, why was I told the Castlevanians' mole? That seems awfully hard to hide should he share the information with his faction, and then the Belmonts' mole notices my name. I was very careful to not speak with anyone directly except like 3 people but 8|

Anyway next Standard game I play someone remind me to script everything I have someone else say so no secret information slips.
And paranoia does not lead to a well-united faction.

Holy piss Spiffy whine more. How old are you, 5??
Like I said and most people agreed, what I stated was something that ANYONE could have deduced from looking at the game's opening post and the thread. It wasn't hard at all to determine you will be needed dead by at least two factions, three if you are a neutral simply by viewing the game design.
Not to mention none of my teammates were being lynched ?_? It was logical reasoning for someone to lynch you if they were a Belmont, SP, or neutral at that point in the game. It was also what I had indicated to Crux that I wanted to happen (you dead asap) while I was still alive because I was almost positive you were the inspector. Additionally, it was what I had hinted to Acklow and the Belmonts as a good means of ensuring the SPs would not flat out decimate them - working together to off you. Cry more because you made yourself a prominent Castlevanian and the other factions wanted to even the numbers out?
Seriously. Your means of defending yourself were piss poor at best. You made it so incredibly obvious you were the inspector it was pathetic. You either broke your freeze, lied about what night whoever it was was inspected on, or you were the inspector. Your defending statements made no sense and you brought too much focus on yourself by being a whiny prat about everything.

Protip: don't lynch a guy a faction will know is with them by saying he's a neutral ~_~

Captain Bagman: On a more serious note, despite him bagging on me in his most recent post,
I see what you did there. :D

I thought your threats and bluffs were legitimate tactics that probably work against weaker and new players. I was referring to when you threatened to reveal my role and faction if I did not follow your lynch, where 1) We would have wanted to lynch Acklow anyway, and 2) There was no reason for me to kowtow to your demands since you could just reveal me anyway if you wanted.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I see what you did there. :D

I thought your threats and bluffs were legitimate tactics that probably work against weaker and new players. I was referring to when you threatened to reveal my role and faction if I did not follow your lynch, where 1) We would have wanted to lynch Acklow anyway, and 2) There was no reason for me to kowtow to your demands since you could just reveal me anyway if you wanted.
Actually, Spiffy does those "threats" and bluffs to everyone. I apologize for not subbing in for him earlier and inconveniencing you instead.

By the way, how exactly did you guys assign the roles? Randomly or was there a specific thought process?

StevenSnype said:
By the way, how exactly did you guys assign the roles? Randomly or was there a specific thought process?
It was pretty random, tbh. Spiffy got Dracula because he asked for a role with an lpv.

edit: Actually, we tried to balance out the more well-known players and newer players among the factions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)