Why do I not have Levitate?
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Explosion
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Zen Headbutt / Magic Coat
item: Normal Gem
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Why this deserves to be on-site:
- An effective lead in Hyper Offensive Teams not wanting to waste a team slot on a ghost-type Pokemon.
- Beats pretty much every other lead with Taunt and Magic Coat, even opposing Magic Coat Deoxys-D's lose since you outspeed them after a Magic Coat war if that ever occurs.
- Advantage over Azelf in ability to have enough bulk to run a Normal Gem, making for a stronger Explosion netting more KO's, like almost always OHKO'ing Xatu. If Azelf lacks Focus Sash it is always OHKO'd by Genesect.
- EV's are standard-- allow for maximum attack for your Explosion and for Genesect to always get an Attack boost since a +1 U-Turn never KO's unless Banded or Expert Belted (which you outspeed and get up Rocks), while a +1 Bug Buzz always OHKO's.
- Stealth Rock is for a Lead, obviously, as this can be a great lead for HO teams.
- Taunt prevents things from setting up on you, and you can Taunt opposing leads if you outspeed them.
- Magic Coat allows you to win versus faster leads, like Terrakion, Infernape, Aerodactyl, and Azelf and as they Taunt you can reflect it giving you momentum.
- If you feel as though Gengar or Fighting Types attempting to set up will be troublesome, Zen Headbutt can be used.
- Explosion gives Mew a self-spinblock as spinners slower than Mew will not hit Mew as it Explodes, meaning it cannot Rapid Spin the Stealth Rock. Many times you can severely damage a Pokemon or earn a kill and set-up Stealth Rock as well.
- If Magic Bounce is on the opposing team, or the opponent leads with Starmie, it is standard etiquette to Explode turn 1 or save Mew and lead with something else.
- Life Orb can be used with Zen Headbutt if you want more power with that STAB.
Teammates & Counters
- All teammates who like Stealth Rock support are welcome. Scizor is an exemplary partner as it can check Gengar setting up a Sub versus Mew.
- Landorus, Dragonite, all sweepers that wants Stealth Rock to earn certain KO's, etc. are great partners.
- Counters are strong hitters that can OHKO Mew turn 1 and outspeed it, namely Specs Latios and Life Orb Gengar.