Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does no one seem to use the elemental punches on these Mewtwo X sets?

Am I missing something?
You get nice coverage with Low Kick and Zen Headbutt, but you need Stone Edge for Ho-Oh and Yveltal, the last slot is often Bulk Up or Taunt or Sub, but I guess you could use an elemental punch.

I use Mewtwo Y on a rain dance team with Kyogre, because Mewtwo gets hurricane and thunder.
-Psystrike
-Hurricane
-Thunder
-Aura Sphere

I use Mewtwo Y on a rain dance team with Kyogre, because Mewtwo gets hurricane and thunder.
-Psystrike
-Hurricane
-Thunder
-Aura Sphere
Except Aura Sphere is weak as hell due to it being nerfed to base 80 power, Thunder is kind of a luxury move, and Hurricane does not hit anything more than what Psystrike already does along with being inaccurate outside rain. Also, I found that MM2Y's best role is to be used as a wallbreaker. Since you are running a rain team, a set of Psystrike/Taunt/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast is probably best. Even though Focus Blast is highly innaccurate, it does get the OHKO on Darkrai that Aura Sphere does not along with doing massive damage to Tyranitar, Dialga, Arceus Normal, and Heatran. Plus, Taunt can serve as a buffer if you are afraid of missing to prevent the mentioned pokemon from setting up. Mewtwo should not be one of the pokemon to really require weather due to it's huge movepool.

Ok MMX is very interesting its bulky gets access to bulk up zen headbutt drain punch fire punch ice punch thunderpunch and some other good physical moves I don't see what the problem is just pokegen one that's adamant with 252 attack evs and 252 speed evs with 4 in defense then run zen headbutt drain punch ice punch and bulk up zen headbutt is his best physical stab move and you can recover and do lots of damage with drain punch then use ice punch for dragons and flying types so they cant hit you for super effective damage its as simple as that this set is meant for absolute bulk speed and power and is the reason why MMY sucks because it aint surviving a boosted ice punch from a MMX and also bulk up completely walls MMY because of psystrike so yea and these are legal moves from the move tutor.

And what do you guys think of a physically bulky MMX? Bold nature, 252 into HP, 252 into Def and 4 into whatever. Calm Mind/Recover/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast. That would probably work even better for MMY with Bulk Up and moves replaced accordingly...

So I have been experimenting with Mega Mewtwo Y. Very unpredicable pokemon, probably the most unpredictable Mega Evolution to date. Mainly, I have been playing around with Low Kick Mega Mewtwo Y. Unlike Aura Sphere, Tyranitar without a Chople Berry is shredded by a Low Kick, and Sp. Def Dialga and Normal Arceus do not like eating one either (Mega Mewtwo Y can take a Draco or two from an uninvested Calm Dialga, 120 base Sp. Def ftw!). It also doesn't miss like Focus Blast BTW (even though when using taunt, you can buffer yourself from threats like Ekiller preventing them from setting up). I've been playing around with this set.

Mewtwo & Mewtwonite Y
Hasty Nature
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Moves: Low Kick
Psystrike
Fire Blast/Taunt
Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Taunt

I found that this Mewtwo is best used on Sun teams so that Fire Blast does a lot of damage to Darkrai, even though Darkrai wouldn't like switching into a Low Kick (2HKO). Like I said, unlike many other Mega Mewtwo Ys, this set does not make Mewtwo Pursuit Ttar bait. Without taunt though, it might be best to pair it up with a wallbreaker such as Darkrai, as this Mewtwo is even more sensitive to status, being that it also uses its attack and doesn't like the burn. What does anyone else think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)