Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I'm Lazy. I quote.

Challenging Objection!
1v1
1 Day DQ
Arena: A mountain at midnight. Lake nearby and compact ground, so all moves legal.
Accepting.

One ability
No items
Switch = flux capacitor
Since he's desired a wish to only send 1 mon in, LupusAter sends out his trusted companion, Thrym.

Tyranitar Thrym (M)
Nature:Naughty (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * From Special Defense)
Type:
Rock:Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 6 +
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3 -
Spe: 61

EC 9/9
MC 0
DC 4/5

Abilities:
Sand Stream: (Innate) When entering into battle, this Pokemon summons a massive Sandstorm that does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so. The flying gravel and rocks of Sandstorm will do two (2) damage per action to Pokemon that do not have hard bodies (Rock, Ground, and Steel-types) or the Sand Veil, Sand Strength, or Sand Throw Abilities.

Attacks:
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Bite
Leer
Sandstorm
Screech
Chip Away
Rock Slide
Scary Face
Thrash
Crunch
Dark Pulse

Dragon Dance
Ancient Power
Iron Head

Snarl
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Thunderbolt

Objection fumbles around in his bag and picks up 3 Pokéballs. Who will he go with?

Charizard [Hades] (M)
Nature: Lonely (+Attack, -Defence)

Type: Fire/Flying
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 100

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Solar Power (DW UNLOCKED): (Innate) When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).

Attacks:
Heat Wave
Dragon Claw
Air Slash
Scratch
Growl
Ember
Leer
Metal Claw
Smokescreen
Dragon Rage
Scary Face
Fire Fang
Rage

Flare Blitz
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

Dig
Brick Break
Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Claw
Sunny Day

ThunderPunch

Emolga [Madam Mim] (F)
Nature: Mild (+Special Attack, -Defence)

Type: Electric/Flying
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 103

EC: 0/0
DC: 3/5

Abilities:
Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
Motor Drive (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon nullifies any electrical attack damage and converts the energy from any electrical attack (inc. Thunder Wave) into an energy source that allows it to boost its speed by one (1) level. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
Thundershock
Quick Attack
Tail Whip
Charge
Spark
Pursuit
Double Team
Shock Wave
Encore
Electro Ball
Agility

Air Slash
Charm
Roost

Taunt
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

Skarmory [Shan Yu] (M)
Nature: Careful (+ Special Defence, - Special Attack)

Type: Steel/Flying
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 70

EC: 0/0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Keen Eye: (Innate) This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by any means. Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Weak Armor (DW): (Can be Enabled) The Pokemon can loosen its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense and increasing their Speed by one (1) stage for each hit.

Attacks:
Leer
Peck
Sand-Attack
Swift
Agility
Fury Attack
Feint
Air Cutter

Guard Swap
Sky Attack
Whirlwind

Toxic
Swords Dance
Substitute

Objection, release and attack. Then Lupus attacks, and I ref.

Hmm ... Hades won't like taking Stone Edges and Madam Mim has the defensiveness of a paper bag, so I'm gonna go with Shan Yu the Skarmory. Since I don't see any accuracy-lowering moves on the Tyranitar and Weak Armor is both locked and pathetic, I'm going to pick Sturdy as his ability.

Unfortunately Shan Yu, your attacks will probably not be very useful yet (if ever), so begin with a Toxic, followed by a 25 HP Substitute and then a Sand-Attack.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Lupusater O
Thrym (M)

110 HP / 90 EN
Dragon Dance (Evasive) ~ Fire Fang ~ Thunder Fang​

VS

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

100 HP / 100 EN
Toxic ~ Sub 25 HP ~ Sand Attack​

You know, I'd love to comment on how pretty the Cherry Blossoms look at night, but it seems as if nature is being ignored by Lupusater's Thrym, who decides that the natural light of the moon is no good, and let's his Sand Stream whip up a sandstorm (-10 EN). Irriatated by the weather, Objection releases Shan Yu, who remains Sturdy in the sand.

Shan Yu begins by aiming a blob of Toxic (7 EN) at Thrym, but it seems he's one step faster. Suddenly, Thrym Dragon Dances out of the way and towards the river, letting the toxic gunk disintegrate a tree instead (7 EN). Unfortunately, this evasive dance has no benifit for Thrym, who doesn't grow stronger or faster. Should've read the label...

: 100/93​
: 110/83​

Shan Yu stays on the defensive, and creates the largest Substitute he can (-25 HP / 22 EN). Thrym responds to this by having his Sub roasted with extra cheese. Seems like a Fire Fang is on the menu (11 Damage / 5 EN)

: 75/71 (14 HP Sub)​
: 110/78​

From behind the sub, Shan Yu blasts Thrym with a Sand Attack (3 EN), using his own pride against him. Disorientated, Thrym attacks a tree with a Thunder Fang (6 EN). The tree isn't happy.

: 75/68 (14 HP Sub)​
: 110/72

LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

110 HP / 72 EN
-1 Acc for 2 rounds.
My eyes! The goggles do nothing!​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

75 HP / 68 EN
14 HP Substitute
#Can't touch this#

Lupusater, you're up! Thrym is currently attacking a tree a few metres from the edge of the lake, where Shan Yu's Substitute is. Who knows where Shan Yu himself is hiding.

OK, try Toxic, then Leer followed by Swords Dance. If, however, your substitute is gone by the third action, replace the third action with another 25 HP Substitute

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

110 HP / 72 EN
-1 Acc for 2 rounds.
Thunderbolt ~ AncientPower ~ Fire Fang​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

75 HP / 68 EN
14 HP Substitute
Toxic ~ Leer ~ Swords Dance​

Irriatated by the current failings of his plan, Shan Yu rains down on Thrym with a friendly blob of Toxic which strikes true through the sandstorm (7 EN). Poisoned, Thrym launches a Thunderbolt at Sub Yu, nearly knocking out the little fellow (11 Damage / 7 EN). (1 Toxic Damage)

: 75/61 (3 HP Sub)​
: 109/65​

Shan Yu makes further progress weakening Thrym with a Leer, red eyes cutting through the sand (4 EN). Evidently, Thrym has a dislike of big red eyes, and lobs an AncientPower in that general direction, but it goes a mile off (3 EN). (1 Toxic Damage)

: 75/57 (3 HP Sub)​
: 108/62​

Shan Yu, bemused by his fate, joyfully begins dancing around the trees, sharpening his wings in a Swords Dance (7 EN). Thrym finally locates the substitute, and destroys it with a Fire Fang (11 Damage - Sub go BOOM! / 5 EN). (1 Toxic Damage)

: 75/50​
: 107/57

LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

107 HP / 57 EN
-1 Acc for 1 round.
-1 Def (Drops at end of enxt round)
Toxic Level 2
Finally got it​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

75 HP / 50 EN
+ 2 Atk (Drops at end of next round to +1)
Not long now...​

Haxxy Much? Objection, you're up!

Just an alert: Upon reaching 0 EN, I ref it as if all your stats have fallen to -2, and that you need 1 round relaxing to get back 30 EN, and back to stats at 0.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

107 HP / 57 EN
-1 Acc for 1 round.
-1 Def (Drops at end of round)
Toxic Level 2
Dragon Dance ~ Rock Slide ~ Stone Edge​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

75 HP / 50 EN
+ 2 Atk (Drops at end of next round to +1)
Sky Attack ~ Sand Attack ~ Sky Attack​

From amongst the sands, Shan Yu seems to be more aggressive. He shoots up into the sky, glowing a faint white, before performing an aerial somersalt and crashing down into Thrym (15 Damage / 9 EN). It seems as if Thrym did not expect that, as he Flinches. That's nasty... (2 Toxic Damage)

: 75/41​
: 90/57​

Back to basics for Shan yu, who flicks a lot more Sand into Thrym's face (3 EN). Further blinded, Thrym launches a rock slide, which simply fills up the bottom of the lake, splashing water everywhere (5 EN). (2 Toxic Damage)

: 75/38​
: 88/52​

Shan Yu again takes to the skies, circling the mountain before diving in with another Sky Attack (15 Damage / 9 EN). Thrym swipes in Shan Yu's general direction, but the move flies well off course (7 EN). (2 Toxic Damage).

: 75/29​
: 71/45

THE STATS BELOW HAVE BEEN REVISED AND MAY LOOK SLIGHTLY OFF - The dragon dance was successful and the next move by Thrym was a flinch

LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

71 HP / 43 EN
+1 Atk +1 Speed
-1 Acc for 2 rounds.
Toxic Level 3
Swing and a miss!​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

75 HP / 29 EN
+ 1 Atk
Perfecto!​

Lupus, you're up. Feel free to vent your anger at the RNG (Heh, no crits at least...)

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
... You're getting Hone Claws ASAP.

Thunderbolt- Fire Fang- Thunderbolt

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Thanks to Lupus's bad luck, and the fact I am a terribad ref, the Dragon Dance will be awarded, and lupus will reclaim energy from the next move as a result of the flinch going there instead. Lupus may wish to change actions to facilitate this, and hence I am requesting that he re-posts his actions, and objection re-posts his, unless there is no actual problem in Lupus's actions.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

71 HP / 43 EN
+1 Atk +1 Speed
-1 Acc for 2 rounds.
Toxic Level 3
Thunder Fang ~ Fire Fang ~ Stone Edge​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

75 HP / 29 EN
+ 1 Atk
Sand Attack ~ Sky Attack ~ Chill​

And the battle continues in this accurssed sandstorm. Bleh. Thrym flails with more sand in his eye than his recomended daily dose, but flails in the right direction, clamping down on Shan Yu with a Thunder Fang (13 damage / 6 EN). Shan Yu responds with yet ANOTHER Sand Attack (3 EN). Fun fun fun... (3 Toxic Damage)

: 64/26​
: 68/39​

At a mere 60% accuracy, Thrym attempts a Fire Fang, which collides into a tree, which catches fire (5 EN). The sands put it out quickly, but the embers make Shan Yu's Sky Attack follow a perfect line and scores a Critical Hit, before landing in the tree which was once ablaze (17 Damage / 9 EN). (3 Toxic Damage)

: 64/17​
: 48/39​

Enraged, Thrym sharpens his tail and swipes at the tree, smashing into Skamory and destroying the tree in its entirety (15 Damage / 7 EN). Shan Yu simply reclaims every drop of energy lost this round as he Chills (+12 EN). (3 Toxic Damage)

: 49/29​
: 45/32

LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

45 HP / 32 EN
+1 Atk +1 Speed
-2 Acc for 1 round.
Toxic Level 4
Feeling very ill...​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

49 HP / 29 EN
Rawr.​

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

45 HP / 32 EN
+1 Atk +1 Speed
-2 Acc for 1 round.
Toxic Level 4
Fire Fang ~ Thunder Fang ~ Fire Fang​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

49 HP / 29 EN
Sky Attack ~ Chill ~ Sky Attack​

The match continues quickly with a speedy Fire Fang striking Shan Yu down (13 Damage / 5 EN). Shan Yu, caight mid flight, spins around and pummels Thrym, although the move wishes it was a bit better than "Not Very Effective" (10 Damage / 9 EN). The manual lied about that Sky Attack (4 Toxic Damage)

: 36/20​
: 31/27​

Thrym goes on the offensive, but as he tries a Thunder Fang it goes in the wrong direction, causing his face to become aquainted with the ground (6 EN). As Thrym climbs up, Shan Yu simply lands and Chills. (+12 EN) (Toxic Damage)

: 36/32​
: 27/21​

As the round reaches its cessation, it seems as if the past is repeating itself. Thrym's mouth glows Crimson flames, and bites Shan Yu neatly on the wing. The flames from the Fire Fang (13 Damage / 5 EN) cling on though, as it seems to have burnt Shan Yu. The Sky Attack suddenly lacked it's usual power (8 Damage / 9 EN). (Burn/Toxic Damage)

: 21/23​
: 15/16

LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

15 HP / 16 EN
-1 Acc for 1 round.
Toxic Level 5
Gonna be a close one!​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

21 HP / 23 EN
1st Degree Burn - Wing
Hot Hot HOT!​

Lupus, the ball is in your court!

Hrm... this will take a finely crafted strategy to win. Which means... Drop that bird down! Thunder Fang- Fire Fang- Thunder Fang

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
LupusAter O
Thrym (M)

15 HP / 17 EN
-1 Acc for 1 round.
Toxic Level 5
Thunder Fang ~ Fire Fang ~ Thunder Fang​

Objection O
Shan Yu (M)

21 HP / 23 EN
1st Degree Burn - Wing
Sky Attack ~ Peck ~ Peck​

And as the battle draws close to an end, both participants seem weary. Thrym blasts Shan Yu with a Thunder Fang, which connects, but Shan Yu doesn't appear to be phased (11 Damage / 6 EN). Shan Yu shakes him off though, and launches off another Sky Attack (8 Damage / 13 EN). (Toxic / Burn).

: 8/10​
: 2/11​

Panting, Shan Yu seems able to do no more than Peck at Thrym's face, and as the Metallic bird strikes (2 Damage / 1 EN). Thrym falls, and as the sand clears we see Shan Yu plucking out the insides of Thrym. How Anticlimactic.

Game Over.

Counters:

Objection - 2 TC
Shan Yu - 1 KOC ; 1 DC ; 2 MC

LupusAter - 2 TC
Thrym - 2 MC ; 1 DC

DF44 - 2 RC

I have to say, this is perhaps the best 1v1 I've ever had and not because I won. Great game Lupus and thanks for being such a good ref dogfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)