Midori Region - Away!

NEWEST ADDITIONS: NUMMULIGHT AND SCLERLIGHT

I've been brewing up a bunch of concepts for a Fakemon region lately, and after inspiration from Albinoloon's (really nice) region, I've decided to post mine as well.

I have concepts of 70 Fakemon or so, but only a couple are sprited.

Midori, "green" in Japanese, is a lush region, the first one in the Southern Hemisphere. Up north is the great jungle, providing twin rivers that slice through the landmass. The south is cold and snow-strewn. Human activity has had a great impact on this region, building dams, deforesting forests, and destroying the topography to such an extent, the beasts of global warming and cooling have been awakened.

Gourdop, the Gourd Pokemon
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow

"GOURDOP's soft body absorbs blows with ease. It fights with the stem extending from its head."

Stats:
60 Hp/70 Atk/50 Def/35 SpA/45 SpD/50 Spe
BST: 310

Pummelo, the Punching Pokemon
Type: Grass/Fighting

"The hard plate on PUMMELO's belly is used as a shield. It can punch rapidly with all four fists."

Stats:
80 Hp/95 Atk/60 Def/45 SpA/50 SpD/75 Spe
BST: 405

Calasmash, the Dexterious Pokemon
Type: Grass/Fighting

"CALASMASH hangs from trees with its three hands. Despite its bulky appearance, CALASMASH's body is extremely light and allows it to attack with incredible speed."

Stats:
90 Hp/125 Atk/70 Def/65 SpA/80 SpD/95 Spe
BST: 525

Lukeworm (bad pun FTW), the Heat Pokemon
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze

"LUKEWORM stores heat energy in the large cavity in its body. It releases excess smoke through slits in its neck."

Stats:
[reserved]

Vipyre, the Burning Pokemon
Type: Fire

"Despite seeming to be simply fiery shapes on its skin, VIPYRE's markings glow and flicker like a real flame does."

Stats:
[reserved]

Apophos, the Smoldering Pokemon
Type: Fire/Dark

"Upon evolution, the smoke vents of APOPHOS have migrated to around the eyes. When angered, these vents can ignite and engulf APOPHOS's head in flame."

Stats:
[reserved]

Whirrint, the Drifting Pokemon
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent

"Because it is not very strong yet, WHIRRINT drifts along on water currents. It can live in both fresh and salt water."

Stats:
[reserved]

Cecafin, the Trundling Pokemon
Type: Water/Ground

"CECAFIN's newly strengthened fins allow it to haul itself out of the water and onto land in search of food. It's heavy body somewhat restricts its movements."

Stats:
[reserved]

Cachoasis, the Oasis Pokemon
Type: Water/Ground

"Huge pods of Cachoasis migrate out of the sea and onto land to lay their eggs. Capable of traversing both the ocean and dry ground, this POKEMON can create tsunamis 50 feet high."

Stats:
130 Hp/70 Atk/85 Def/100 SpA/80 SpD/65 Spe
BST: 530

(stone forme)
(mineral forme)

Minerett, the Geode Pokemon (correspondant to analysis here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=103&pp=10&page=12, last post on page)
Type: Rock
Ability: Brittle [When HP falls under 50%, Minerett changes from Stone Forme to Mineral Forme. When HP rises above 50% again, Minerett reverts back to Stone Forme.]

"Under normal conditions, MINERETT lives peaceably, with its thick exterior discouraging most attacks. However, if assaulted, its shell splits open, allowing it to fiercly retaliate."

Stats:
Stone Forme: 70 Hp/50 Atk/105 Def/50 SpA/105 SpD/55 Spe
Mineral Forme: 70 Hp/105 Atk/50 Def/105 SpA/50 SpD/55 Spe
BST: 435

Bacteriole, the Bacteria Pokemon
Type: Normal
Ability: Multiply [At the end of every turn this Pokemon is in battle, the ATTACK, DEFENSE, SPECIAL ATTACK, SPECIAL DEFENSE, and SPEED stats of this Pokemon are raised by one stage.]

"BACTERIOLE inhabits warm, humid areas. Where food is plentiful, colonies of its kind quickly emerge."

Stats:
50 Hp/20 Atk/20 Def/20 SpA/20 SpD/20 Spe
BST: 150

Viron, the Virus Pokemon
Type: Normal
Ability: Multiply

"Although initially weak, VIRON has the ability to increase its power by rapidly speeding up its metabolism."

Stats:
60 Hp/35 Atk/35 Def/35 SpA/35 SpD/35 Spe
BST: 235

Flamibloom, the Mimic Pokemon
Type: Grass/Ice
Ability: Faking Fire [The user has the weaknesses and resistances of a FIRE type.]

"The 'flames' engulfing FLAMIBLOOM are not actually flames, in fact, they are merely a spray of icy mist reflecting the red of this tundra POKEMON's petals."

Stats:
95 Hp/20 Atk/60 Def/100 SpA/130 SpD/51 Spe
BST: 456

Pemlin, the Scribble Pokemon
Type: Normal/Ghost
Ability: Levitate

"PEMLIN is said to possess once-favored pens that have run out of ink and were trashed. As revenge, it sabotages the documents of its former owner."

Stats:
[reserved]

Denigrart, the Art Thief Pokemon
Type: Normal/Ghost
Ability: Levitate

"Often, a beautiful and expensive painting is not real, but a counterfeit created by DENIGRART. It takes amusement from tricking others this way."

Stats:
[reserved]

Sabracuda, the Small Fish Pokemon
Type: Water/Steel
Ability: Swift Swim/Metal Purge [Any status effect inflicted upon the user has a 50% chance of being removed when the user is damaged by an opponent's attack.]

"Schools of SABRACUDA are a common sight in the ocean. The sharp blades on their heads pose as major hazards to thin-hulled boats."

Stats:
[reserved]

Scimishark, the Vicious Pokemon
Type: Water/Steel
Ability: Swift Swim/Metal Purge

"A vicious predator, SCIMISHARK slices at prey with the blade on its head before charging in for a vicious assault with a double set of triangular teeth."

Stats:
[reserved]

Swalamp, the Wide Mouthed Pokemon
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Illuminate/Storm Drain

"To navigate in the pitch-black depths of deep ocean trenches, SWALAMP has bioluminescent patches on its sides. Schools of this POKEMON can create enough light to be seen from the surface."

Stats:
[reserved]

Eelure, the Wide Mouthed Pokemon
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Illuminate/Storm Drain

"EELURE's spots mimic a string of many eyes, confusing would-be attackers. It attracts prey with the bulb on its tail, then swallows it with a hinged mouth that can open almost as wide as its body is long."

Stats:
[reserved]

Photron, the Particle Pokemon
Type: Electric/Normal
Ability: No Guard

"With the combined electromagnetic power of the six orbs orbiting PHOTRON's body, it ensures that every attack it hurls at its enemy strikes with dire accuracy."

Stats:
[reserved]

Nummulight, the Gem Pokemon
Type: Rock/Psychic
Ability: Sturdy

"NUMMULIGHT rarely move, feeding on the moss and mold inside dark caves. When threatened, they produce a searing flash of light from the gems on their backs to temporarily blind foes."

Stats:
[reserved]

Sclerlight, the Crystal Pokemon
Type: Rock/Psychic
Ability: Sturdy

"The razor-sharp crystals growing out of SCLERLIGHT's shell can slice through most materials with ease. Like its previous form, SCLERLIGHT can produce blinding flashes of light, only much greater in intensity."

Stats:
[reserved]

Arawana, the Mystic Pokemon
Type: Water/Dragon
Ability: Streamlined [Raises SPEED if hit by a Water-type move.]

"Long revered for its amazing speed and power, ARAWANA is said to be the guardian of an altar located in the deepest part of the Great Jungle."

Stats:
[reserved]

Well, particularly the second one, where the smoke looks more like a solid object.

Still, great sprites! :D

EDIT:Keep going! I- and probably the rest of the world- want too see all of your ideas put into a beautlful sprite, like the three you just showed! :)

And the gyms. I've always thought how the gyms in the other games were too easy, just pick the advantageous starter and victory! Then 5th gen came along and brought a layout that made you always at the disadvantage, no matter which starter.

Well Midori gym #1 brings about a battle against three Pokemon, one fire type, one grass, and one water! Just to encourage team diversity and not spam-grinding your starter.

About Apophos, >sees him in UU due to middling speed and mediocre typing.

I doubt anyone will believe this, but I actually made him before gen 5 (Gamefreak be stealin' my concepts). Yeah, it's like Daruma Mode.

I was thinking no prevo for him, he's more of a symbolic Pokemon like Castform and Luvdisc.

The only thing that bugs me slightly is the stats on the Gourdop line. I don't know, but when I think of the word "gourd" I think "bulky." I know you address it in your description, but I just think it would be more interesting to see it be a high base HP starter, considering no starter has had HP be its highest stat yet.

Oh well. Other than that, I really like your Apophos, and I can't wait to see your water type starter.

I based them off of calabashes, gourds that are super-light when dry, but also a bit brittle. Decent speed, good Attack, I made an effort to give them decent Hp too, but apparently that didn't go too well.

Water starter would be based off of a land whale (hey, we have Garchomp, who's a land shark right?). Probably have Hp as its highest stat, though I see it being nothing but an inferior Swampert competitive-wise.

I based them off of calabashes, gourds that are super-light when dry, but also a bit brittle. Decent speed, good Attack, I made an effort to give them decent Hp too, but apparently that didn't go too well.

Water starter would be based off of a land whale (hey, we have Garchomp, who's a land shark right?). Probably have Hp as its highest stat, though I see it being nothing but an inferior Swampert competitive-wise.

Well that makes more sense with the gourd thing and its stats.

And as for the land whale... it doesn't need to be inferior. It can just fit a different role. I mean, Swampert is a tank, not a wall. While something like a land whale can be more stall/support oriented.

Slack Off, Recover, or even Moon light... All things that Swampert would die for. Then give it some bad ass support moves like Yawn or Encore and you have yourself a very interesting water wall starter. Something we have never see a water starter do yet.

But, before I start spouting out ideas, I do not wish to take away from whatever original idea you had for it. It is your fakemons after all. Im excited to see how it turns out though.

EDIT TO ADD: Just also noticed the stats under Minerett, which is an awesome design btw. I know you said he was more so a token-mon like luvdisc or whatever, but I do feel like his speed should be higher when he is in mineral form. Otherwise itis just slow and frail and will never make use of that base 100+ attack stats (unless it has some form of priority).

Here's one of my favorites actually.

Guess what type this guy is?

I doubt anyone guessed it, but it's Grass/Ice! Based off of the tundra plant Indian Paintbrush, the "fire" is actually an illusion of icy mist reflecting off of the red petals!

I love them! Especially the virus one. A good set for one would be:

VIRON
EVs:252 HP/252 SATK/4 SPD
Timid
@Leftovers
- Protect
- Signal Beam
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

The trouble is switching in and surviving for that long. >_>

But yeah, you have a point. Reduced the stats. Multiply is one of those abilities in the same pile with Wonder Guard, imagine Multiply Arceus lol.

The trouble is switching in and surviving for that long. >_>

But yeah, you have a point. Reduced the stats. Multiply is one of those abilities in the same pile with Wonder Guard, imagine Multiply Arceus lol.
You dont need to switch it in... it can come in after something dies.

That Virus thing is amazing.

Protect first turn gives you a +1 stage boost, putting you from 218 speed (+speed nature +252 ev's) to 327. This is fast enough to outspeed most things and go ahead and...

Substitute second turn
would put its speed at 436, and its other stats around 272 (depending on ev's of course).

Another protect on turn 3 (why not?) would put him at 545 speed, and 340 for everything else. At this point, he is near the legendaries and their stat totals.

And, why not, for good measure, substitute on turn 4. Giving him 654 speed, and near 408 in every other stat. Now unless the opponent has been taking its time to set up hard against you, I think it might be pretty tough to break the substitutes at this point. Even if they do break them still, well... it really doesnt matter. Because hes hitting hard.

Protecting on turn 5, and subbing on turn 6
puts this bad ass at 544 in every stat while speed sits at 872. And at this point, he is sitting behind a substitute, protected from status, and probably healing comfortably from leftovers, and hitting everything with OHKO's.

Honestly this thing sounds way too powerful. I know you lowered his stats already once but I do not think it even needs an evolution. Considering between subbing and protecting, its going to beat everything down. The only thing that would stop it is a priority in Mach Punch, but even that isnt safe as switching in gives it a free turn, and an extra free turn for protect, giving 2 free stat boosts. Unless it didnt learn Protect or Substitute.

Ok. Lowered the stats again. Uber low BSTs FTW. At max, he gets 740 in each stat which isn't particularly terrifying (SpD about as high as Claydol with 2 Cosmic Powers).

Linoone has Belly Drum, and a base 70 Attack stat, yet is still NU and stopped dead by things like Aggron and Steelix.

When I figure out the movepool of this thing, I'll make sure to give it a limited choice of attacks and stuff. Analysis first...

Turn 1. Protect. 278 in all stats (except Hp). Not particularly terrifying. Opponent switches into counter (if he or she is smart).

Turn 2. Go for sub. 278 speed, however, is not exactly blindingly fast, as is 278 defenses aren't too high. Good chance to KO now. Assuming that opponent fails to make the move...

Turn 3. Protect. Stats are now 555. Now you're in trouble. Opponent had better have priority or he's screwed.

Turn 4. Sub. GG.

Viron is one of those pokes who are really difficult to play, but once set up, devastatingly strong. Put this one in the pile with Regigigas, Slaking, etc.

(In 4th gen OU) Bulk up Blaziken could dretroy it with vaccum wave. Everyone would know it's set by then. :P But it can still completely rip through teams. :)

Ok. Lowered the stats again. Uber low BSTs FTW. At max, he gets 740 in each stat which isn't particularly terrifying (SpD about as high as Claydol with 2 Cosmic Powers).

Linoone has Belly Drum, and a base 70 Attack stat, yet is still NU and stopped dead by things like Aggron and Steelix.

When I figure out the movepool of this thing, I'll make sure to give it a limited choice of attacks and stuff. Analysis first...

Turn 1. Protect. 278 in all stats (except Hp). Not particularly terrifying. Opponent switches into counter (if he or she is smart).

Turn 2. Go for sub. 278 speed, however, is not exactly blindingly fast, as is 278 defenses aren't too high. Good chance to KO now. Assuming that opponent fails to make the move...

Turn 3. Protect. Stats are now 555. Now you're in trouble. Opponent had better have priority or he's screwed.

Turn 4. Sub. GG.

Viron is one of those pokes who are really difficult to play, but once set up, devastatingly strong. Put this one in the pile with Regigigas, Slaking, etc.
Thats much better. I didn't want to stomp on the idea and stats, because I think its bad ass. I just knew that, theoretically, it would DESTROY everything if not checked for balance early. I love the idea behind this thing though. Really awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)