Mienshao (Analysis) [QC 0/2]

Good to see you considered the stuff i said in my last post but i still think HJK should have the main attacking option on Kojondo with a different item, its far more reliable. Subsalac reversal should actually be in AC imo.

Good to see you considered the stuff i said in my last post but i still think HJK should have the main attacking option on Kojondo with a different item, its far more reliable. Subsalac reversal should actually be in AC imo.
Added the Focus Sash as another item on the Anti-Lead set. Also, I think that the Reversal set is fine the way it is.

One question, how do I add the written status to this thread? I have posted that I am done the written in the Analyses Index but the topic doesn't show written in the title.

I think Reflect can be slotted as a replacement for Taunt on a lead Kojondo. Combined with regeneration, he can shrug off an attack that may have been directed at him or keep jumping back in later despite hazards to set up more Physical Screens. I guess it would depend on if you want him to block hazards first and foremost, or aid his team against physical beatsticks.

Why not Me First on the Scarf Set ? You can easily kill Dragons locked into their STAB (Garchomp, Nite), and anyway, neither Fake Out or Payback are great options on the Choice set (and moreover for the Scarfer).
In this case, switch to a -def spé Nature and lower the speed in ordre to outspeed ScarfChomp (232 EVs I believe) and put the rest into Spe Atk.

name: Mixed Lead
move 1: Hi Jump Kick
move 2: Fake Out
move 3: Aura Sphere
move 4: U-Turn
item: Life Orb
nature: Naive
ability: Regeneration
EVs: 176 Att / 80 SpAtt / 252 Spe

It is very effective as a lead, as it has lots of physical strength, while reducing prediction. You can now safely use Aura Sphere without the risk of a 50% hp loss. It can also clean up fairly well.

I came up with a fun little set that takes advantage of Kojondo's great mixed attacking capabilities and the new move in Cheer Up.

Mixed Wall-Breaker

Kojondo @ Life Orb - Regeneration or Reckless (if DW comes)
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Att - Naive
~ Cheer Up / Stone Edge / U-Turn
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Grass Knot
~ Hidden Power [Ice]/[Rock]

A +1 Grass Knot KOs Burungeru after Stealth Rock damage, and HP Ice hits many of the dragons that before gives Kojondo a lot of trouble. Hi Jump Kick is used over Aura Sphere because of it has far more power; even with the SpA investment, Kojondo's Attack is still only 4 points below its SpA before boosts. Hidden Power Ice is mainly to hit fliers, especially Dragon/Flyers that otherwise would wreck your party. Ice hits the aforementioned harder, while Rock gives you better coverage against Ulgamoth and other Fire types.

Stone Edge can be used over Cheer up to play more of a wall-breaker role. If this is the case, you can use a different hidden power to fit any assorted needs. Coverage would suggest running Hidden Power [Ghost]. Remember though that a neutral Hi Jump Kick is always more powerful than a super effective Hidden Power by almost 140%. U-Turn works great to net Kojondo Regeneration healing as well as scouting for the opposing team's initial Kojondo switch to nail.

For the Choice set, you list as a fourth move Payback/Fake Out and explain it as a means to just get some last bit of chip damage in. If you really need something for chip that's reliable, why not stick in Aerial Ace? It never misses, has more power than both of those moves, and it's valuable to have that with Inconsistent users and as a means to absolutely secure a hit. Aerial Ace also allows Kojondo to hit Heracross and Toxicroak, two Pokemon that would resist the rest of his moves.

You could use Aerial Ace as an option for other sets to cover Heracross and Toxicroak but it's too situational; I think it's worth listing just as a filler fourth move for chip damage.

"Deciding Adamant over Jolly nature depends if you want more power or more speed."

everyone knows this much already. now tell us what significant advantages/disadvantages either one gives. for instance outspeeding or at worst tieing base 100-105 +speed leads such as staraptor to garchomp or other kojondos. and i dont feel like running calcs on specific leads so you get the idea. but really that statement is very bland and just barely even needs to be said at this point.

Adamant can OHKO Lead (or as lead as you can get in this meta-game) Azelf with Fake Out and U-turn, but only with Adamant (iirc).

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Adamant can OHKO Lead (or as lead as you can get in this meta-game) Azelf with Fake Out and U-turn, but only with Adamant (iirc).
Assuming Lead Azelf is just the old standard of 4 HP, Jolly LO Fake Out + U-turn does an absolute minimum of 119%. Without Life Orb, you'll never KO with the combination, even with Life Orb.

Assuming Lead Azelf is running 252 HP, Jolly LO Fake Out + U-turn does a minimum of 93%, but will average 101%.

Honestly, I don't think there is any justification at all to run Adamant in this metagame that is full of Pokemon floating around between 95 and 105 Spe. Kojondo's Spe is a blessing - take advantage of it.

I'd also consider slashing HP Ice in that last slot...it seems at least as valuable as Stone Edge especially now that Gliscor is rampant and people are realising how awesome Landlos is.

0 SpA Life Orb HP Ice vs 252/0 Gliscor = 89% - 106% (33% chance to OHKO)
0 SpA Life Orb HP Ice vs 4/0 Landlos = 93% - 111% (66% chance to OHKO)

Minor nitpick, but the correct format for EVs is HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe, in that order. Make the changes regarding your EV format, they are wrong currently.

Remove the slash with Payback on the Choice Set; even though I understand that Kojondo has poor coverage, you are raerely going to move second, with Kojondo's 105 base Speed. Neutral Stone Edge does the same as a super-efective Payback going first. Give Payback an AC mention at best; otherwise an OO mention should suffice. You should also take care of your grammar, and a few spelling mistakes.

Looks fine otherwise. Good luck.

"Deciding Adamant over Jolly nature depends if you want more power or more speed."

everyone knows this much already. now tell us what significant advantages/disadvantages either one gives. for instance outspeeding or at worst tieing base 100-105 +speed leads such as staraptor to garchomp or other kojondos. and i dont feel like running calcs on specific leads so you get the idea. but really that statement is very bland and just barely even needs to be said at this point.
Reworded that phrase.

Minor nitpick, but the correct format for EVs is HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe, in that order. Make the changes regarding your EV format, they are wrong currently.

Remove the slash with Payback on the Choice Set; even though I understand that Kojondo has poor coverage, you are raerely going to move second, with Kojondo's 105 base Speed. Neutral Stone Edge does the same as a super-efective Payback going first. Give Payback an AC mention at best; otherwise an OO mention should suffice. You should also take care of your grammar, and a few spelling mistakes.

Looks fine otherwise. Good luck.
Took these errors into consideration.

You haven't edited the analysis in a while but since you want to keep it I'll try to help.

Your format is not the correct one. You should only have one [Team Options] section and that is before the [Optional Changes].

You do have to talk about the best teammates for each set but that's on [Additional Comments] and not on a separate section. If you want in one paragraph you can talk about the other comments about the set in another one you can talk about the teammates.

His moveset would make you think he was a Sp. Attacker. Not OU material.
It's OU material! I mentioned special attacks in the optional changes.

You haven't edited the analysis in a while but since you want to keep it I'll try to help.

Your format is not the correct one. You should only have one [Team Options] section and that is before the [Optional Changes].

You do have to talk about the best teammates for each set but that's on [Additional Comments] and not on a separate section. If you want in one paragraph you can talk about the other comments about the set in another one you can talk about the teammates.
Nobody's posted in a while and thank you for the help.

Anyways, I need QC checks so...

FALCON BUMP!

What are your thoughts of running Drain Punch instead of Hi Jump Kick?
I've been running Drain Punch in combination with Hi Jump Kick, and it seems to work pretty well. I mostly use it KO something that HJK couldn't finish off and get the additional HP.

The only problem with it is that it lacks coverage, so I'm using U-Turn a lot (although that isn't so bad considering regeneration).

I wouldn't use DD instead of HJK. 75 BP vs. 130 is a big difference.

A name change for this thread would also be appreciated.

I've been running Drain Punch in combination with Hi Jump Kick, and it seems to work pretty well. I mostly use it KO something that HJK couldn't finish off and get the additional HP.

The only problem with it is that it lacks coverage, so I'm using U-Turn a lot (although that isn't so bad considering regeneration).

I wouldn't use DD instead of HJK. 75 BP vs. 130 is a big difference.
I'll give mention to this in the optional changes.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A name change for this thread would also be appreciated.

I'll give mention to this in the optional changes.
You can change your thread title by clicking the "Advanced" button when you're editing the opening post. The tags are also there, and the name change option should be on top of the Advanced editing. The advanced button should be in the bottom right corner of the editing box.

Also, I didn't check, but Drain Punch in Optional Changes due to Regeneration.

You can change your thread title by clicking the "Advanced" button when you're editing the opening post. The tags are also there, and the name change option should be on top of the Advanced editing. The advanced button should be in the bottom right corner of the editing box.

Also, I didn't check, but Drain Punch in Optional Changes due to Regeneration.
Thank you so much and yes Drain Punch is there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)