XY UU Mienshao and Mew core (updated)

This UU team is made around mixed Mienshao and Mew.

December (Mew) @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Psyshock
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
This mew set is one of my special sweeper and heal bell user. Aura sphere is to hit Steel, dark, and normal type for super effective. psyshock is for STAB. Giga Drain is for recovery from life orb damage.

Uno Dos Tres (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Protect
My main physical attacker. Sucker punch is for Priority and STAB. Play rough and Superpower is for coverage. Protect can let me scout what move they are going to use.

Golden Wall (Forretress) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball
To set rocks and to spin away hazards. Volt switch and gyro ball are it attacking move. nothing much to say here.

Zapper (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
My main special sweeper. this thing will do alot of damage to alot of things with Tri Attack, adaptability and Specs. The other move is for coverage. It can be a wallbreaker but some thing still can wall it.

Rosey (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Aura Sphere
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
Mienshao can hit both physically and special walls pretty hard. i gave it scarf to out speed other pokemon and it is mixed. Aura Sphere and hi jump kick are its stabs and poison jab is too hit fairys.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Suicune can handle some of the main threats like darmanitan pretty well. this is the main move set it usually use. Suicune can dish out damage and take hits from both side. Scald is a good move cause of the burn percentage.

Last edited:
Can you give more description of your team? For example, why tbat ev spread on mew? Why hp ice on shao? How does your shao/mew core work? How do ypu deal with UU top threats?

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
While I am not a uu player, I know that play rough is a must on absol. I also think he's too frail to reliably set up swords dance. Perhaps sucker punch/play rough/superpower/protect would work?play rough smacks around fighting types and dragons like hydreigon (non scarf.) Superpower crushes steel types, and is a great move in general. Protect lets you scout for moves, and ensures Absol will stick around for a little bit.

Forretress has no reason to use those moves. stealth rock/rapid spin/gyro ball/volt switch works far better. Gyro ball is by far fortresses' best STAB, and volt switch lets you regain momentum. Alternatively you could run spikes over volt switch for extra hazard damage.

Your mew set doesnt make much sense. If you really want a special wall use florges or aromatisse. you are very weak to status and both of these pokemon provide cleric support in aromatherapy.

How do you deal with haxorus or darmanitan? And the other threats of uu for that matter.

Hey there dude, interesting team you have here. I'm going to agree with Lockes and Key's and his suggestion of replacing Mew with Florges. Mew really isn't doing too much and with LO and no recovery outside of Giga Drain it doesn't make much sense to have it as your cleric. Florges would be able to provide solid clerip support in tandem with Wish support which would greatly benefit the likes of Forretress and Suicune while also giving you a decent switch into some very common UU Pokemon.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

I also don't really see the point of the Absol set tbh, I think you can get alot more out of it by using the standard Swords Dance set, this would give you a way to boost your attack and become a significant threat to various UU teams, this would also let you run Knock Off which is easily one of the best moves in the game, being able to potentially knock off an opposing Pokemon's item is invaluable.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

I hope I was able to help.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Too bad knock off and play rough are illegal.

Other minor changes include changing the 4 Hp evs into 4 in whatever defensive stat you want. This also goes for the 252 HP ev mons. Do 248 Hp and move the other four into a stat you want.

Lastly get rid of Aura Sphere for Stone Edge. It lets yoy hit fliers good. Be sure to change the EVs and nature accordingly.

Also I came up witb that absol set on the spot heh. I might try it out though, and if Knock off needs to be on there ill let you know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)