1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Mienshao: Kung Fu Master

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Gary2346, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]MIENSHAO: KUNG FU MASTER[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well here we go again. What is UP guys, it's Gary2346 here back with another awesome team for you guys that I made just a couple days ago. With the great support you guys gave me on my last RMT, and the great success that the team had in almost every battle, I'm here yet again with another team for you guys. This time, built around a very underrated Pokemon that deserves some love in OU for being one of the most annoying Choice Scarfers to face in the meta game, Mienshao. Although many label Mienshao a weaker, slower, frailer Terrakion, Mienshao has made a niche in OU because of it's huge advantage over Terrakion, Regenerator. With this ability, Spikes and Stealth Rocks are hardly a problem due to Mienshao being able to restore 25% of its HP back just by switching out. Poison is also quite useless on him too, because once Toxic damage beings to wrack up he can just switch out and get back his lost HP. Another advantage he has over Terrakion, is the ability to run a Hidden Power of your choice, due to Mienshao's decent special attack. This gives Mienshao a chance to run a pseudo Ice move in order to actually be able to touch Landorus and especially Gliscor, making it all the more dangerous. Finally, he has access to scouting U-Turn, which helps Mienshao abuse it's ability to the fullest. Overall, I've had great success with this team. Mienshao works great with it's surprise factor and the raw power of Hi Jump Kick, while annoying the shit out of players with Regenerator. There are most likely some flaws with this team, however it's hard to find any significant ones. Hope you guys enjoy!

[​IMG]TEAM BUILDING[​IMG]

Team Building (open)
    [​IMG]
    Of course Mienshao was my first pick. Mienshao's role on my team is to break walls while revenge killing. With it's very nice 105 speed, Mienshao can come in on boosted Volcarona's and Salamence, and OHKOing them with their respectable weakness. Hi Jump Kick is just so fucking powerful, and although missing sucks, Regenerator cancels it out quite nicely.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Rotom-W and Ferrothorn are my team's core defensive back bone. Rotom-W protects the team from special attacks like Draco Meteor and Fire attacks, while Ferrothorn acts more as a mixed wall, walling Hydro Pumps and tanking Outrages quite nicely. Both of these great Pokemon also provide great support to pave the way for RP Landorus to sweep. Rotom-W provides Paralysis support while Ferrothorn provides Stealth Rock support.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Offensive Heatran always has, and always will be one of my favorite Pokemon in OU. Extreme fire power, great ability, and the element of surprise. He can burn certain threats such as Mamoswine and Salamence on the switch while even taking them out with HP Ice if he has to. The main thing about him that always seals the deal for putting him on my team, is how he completely counters sun. Flash Fire allows him to absorb any Fire attacks that Sun teams decided to dish out, and then dish it back at them with extreme fire power. Air Balloon makes him just the more dangerous, and requires a whole free turn for Venusaur, Salamence, or Gliscor to break the balloon.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Well Breloom, you somehow found a way onto every single one of my RMTs. I'm not even kidding. I've made a total of 4 RMTs now, and he has been a star player on every single one of them. You may be asking however, why have him on my team when I already have a Grass and a Fighting type? Well the answers quite simple. Priority and Spore. Priority is pretty much tied with hazards in being one of these most important team strategy's in the game. If you don't have priority, things like DD Salamence, RP Landorus, and Sub Salac Terrakion would completely dominate the meta game. Mach Punch is such a life savior, and can turn the tides in any battle. Spore is a free sleeping Pokemon, so what else do I need to explain about that? Focus Punch and Life Orb are just incredible, and can surprise many.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    RP Landorus is so dangerous that I had to have him on my team. There's really nothing else to say about him. Once Blissey and Chansey are gone, and priority Ice Shard users are history, it's pretty much game over from that point.

Even before posting this RMT, I discovered about halfway through how redundant Ferrothorn was to my team. I already had a Steel type that could wall if it had to, I already had Breloom with Grass coverage, and I already had Rotom-W to tank Water and Fire attacks, plus Heatran can learn Stealth Rocks. Slowbro came to mind as a great defensive wall replacement, backing up Rotom-W with tanking Fire and Water attacks if need be, and he can tank physical attacks like a champ. I had a decent Scarfed Terrakion weakness, but now Terrakion trembles in fear when Slowbro comes in. Also, Slowbro has access to Regenerator like Mienshao! This makes my team even more annoying to face.

Hey look who decided to come back? Yep it's Garchomp again ladies and gentlemen. Landorus was extremely powerful and very fun to use, however he was pretty slow from the get go, and couldn't really help me much throughout the battle other then scare Heatran away. Garchomp however, is a fast and formidable opponent straight from the get go, and has two STABS to abuse other then just one. With Garchomp, my team is now pretty balanced attacking wise, and I finally now have a Dragon STAB to abuse. For now I'm going to make him a Standard SD set with either a Yache Berry or maybe Leftovers.

Superpowerdude made a pretty interesting recommendation in the form of CM Jirachi, with Psyshock and T-Bolt. Although at first I had my doubts, this thing has become such an amazing offensive sweeper that I honestly can't stop using it, and I'm on a huge win streak! Although now my team becomes more susceptible to Mamoswine, Psychic types were such a problem that it was well worth it. Although this Jirachi isn't designed to revenge kill by any means, it's meant to come in at the proper time and set up Calm Minds. Once behind a Substitute and after many Calm Minds, Psychic types can't break Jirachi's sub even with HP Fire, and Jirachi can easily sweep the team with Psyshock. It can also win CM wars against Reuniclus and Latias because it carries Psyshock, and I love littled penguins.

A huuuge team change, but it was greatly needed and it actually has changed this team for the better. MUUUCHH better. Breloom as many said, provided somewhat redundant coverage since Mienshao could spam Hi Jump Kick better then Breloom could spam Mach Punch. Breloom was pretty much only used for Bullet Seed, Spore, and his redundant priority move. So instead, I replaced Breloom with Amoonguss who could not only Spore, but could also Stun Spore with that double status. He also supplies the team with Grass support, and a defense against Breloom. Scizor replaced Jirachi as a better Psychic check, and it also carried priority which my team lacked with Breloom gone. Latias replaced Slowbro because she can still tank hits, but fight back as well. She checks common threats such as Terrakion, Keldeo, and Heatran.

[​IMG]TEAM LAYOUT

[​IMG]INDIVIDUAL ANALYSIS[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "The Revenge Killer"
    Baek the Mienshao @ Choice Scarf [​IMG]
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
    Naive Nature
    - U-turn
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Stone Edge
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

A wise player once told to me, "Mienshao is a UU version of Terrakion, and has no place in OU. He lacks a secondary STAB, lower Attack, lower Speed, very frail, and has a STAB move with a terrible side effect." Mienshao may not be Terrakion, but if used in the hands of a experienced player Mienshao can be very devastating and annoying to deal with at the same time. A 125 Atk and 105 base speed is nothing to ignore, and it has just the right amount of speed combined with a Choice Scarf to revenge kill a DD Salamence and a Quiver Dance Volcarona, just like Terrakion. It's ability Regenerator however, is what separates the weasel from Terrakion. Although Terrakion is pretty much immune to Stealth Rocks, Terrakion can't switch in continually if Spikes are on the field. For Mienshao however, it's no problem. Getting a whopping 25% of his health back each time he switches in, is just so helpful in many situations, and also keeps Mienshao from being whittled down by Toxic. Lastly, Mienshao has a great 95 base special attack, which gives Mienshao an opportunity to use a Hidden Power of your choice. Most of the time, players will use HP Ice, in order to hit Landorus and Gliscor which Terrakion wouldn't dream of taking on.

Mienshao's move pool is insanely annoying, as it always leaves players on their toes and trying to take this thing down as soon as they can. Unlike Terrakion, Mienshao has access to not one, but two moves that Terrakion would dream of having. U-Turn is something that completely trolls the hell out of players because it deals solid damage while gaining momentum and taking full advantage of Regenerator. Terrakion would be a monster with U-Turn since he would be able to apply switch momentum, however only Mienshao was gifted this awesome move. Hi Jump Kick is only beaten by Focus Punch for being the most powerful Fighting move in the game, and although missing is pretty annoying, the sheer power outdoes the 10% chance (although it seems like 30% in Showdown). Hi Jump Kick destroys Ferrothorn and Heatran, while decimating anything that doesn't resist it such as a clean 2HKO on Jirachi and even Skarmory. Stone Edge is mostly for Volcarona and frail flying types such as Thundurus-T, and although it's not STAB like Terrakion, it still deals quite a bit of damage. Hidden Power Ice OHKO's all the Flying/Dragon types after Stealth Rocks, and it's a great move to catch many off guard. The best thing about it is it's ability to easily 2HKO Gliscor and OHKO Landorus, both who easily wall Terrakion.

Mienshao is my team's revenge killer that breaks walls with ease. Mienshao has best synergy with Slowbro however, because Slowbro completely walls any powerful physical attacks that would normally OHKO Mienshao. Mienshao also pairs very well with Rotom-W because Rotom can suck up a lot of special attacks that may be fired at Mienshao. Rotom also has access to Volt Switch, which gives both Mienshao and Rotom switch momentum with each other. Slowbro and Mienshao both have access to Regenerator, so they both complement each other quite well since they'll be switching in and out quite often.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Life Orb Tank"
    F-16 the Latias @ Life Orb [​IMG]
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Recover

With the absence of Genesect, Latias has become one of the most dangerous sweepers around. Not only that, but her bulky Life Orb set strikes fear into unprepared teams, and with it's blazing fast speed, above average bulk, and good special attack, few can safely come into her attacking onslaught. It's such a shame that her Life Orb set is heavily unfavorable over Latios' Life Orb set because of his higher special attack. However, do not let those fools steer you away from one of the most dangerous LO users in OU. So many people forget that unlike Latios, Latias can come in on boosted Rain and Sun attacks safely, and either Recover back damage or threaten them with one of her moves. Her coverage is fantastic, and counters common threats such as Keldeo, Terrakion, Tentacruel, Breloom, and Heatran. Although she may not be the incredible defensive tank Slowbro was, Latias can take hits and deal the pain, something Slowbro couldn't really do. The EVs are for max speed, extra bulk, and more firepower.

Latias is quite the offensive threat, and being very bulky at the same time can really put pressure on offensive teams. Her move set is to give her the best coverage possible against threats that she will usually be going up against, such as Heatran, Keldeo, and Terrakion. Her dual STAB is quite dangerous, and hit most of the OU meta game very hard. Since Latias is super fast, she can also out pace most of them too, which makes her an amazing check to pretty much anything weak to her moves. Draco Meteor is her Dragon STAB that dents anything that doesn't resist it, and is the best move to take down Dragon types and frail sweepers. I don't like to spam it, but sometimes I do if most of the opponents team consists of frail sweepers lacking Blissey, Chansey, and or Steel types. Psyshock is her Psychic STAB that is essential for checking Keldeo, Terrakion, and Breloom. All three of them are rather weak defensively, so Psyshock hits them from their bad side. Lastly, Psyshock is great for Venusaur lacking Sleep Powder, and even if it does para support from Amoonguss helps her take it out safely. Surf is actually one of my favorite moves that she can use on this set, because it keeps Heatran from completely walling this set, and also threatens Sun teams. On top of that, it's quite powerful against Rain teams because of the nice boost. Her last move is Recover, and this is the reason as to why this set it so deadly. Being bulky and hard to take down, Recover just makes it that much more annoying to take her down, and it's essential for negating Life Orb recoil.

Latias has great synergy with the team, as she provides much needed support against Keldeo and Breloom, both of whom are quite dangerous to my team. She's pretty much always the MVP of all my battles because of her awesome coverage and being pretty hard to counter safely. She most likely works the best with Amoonguss, because Amoonguss can cripple Choice Scarfers and Sun abusers so Latias can go in for the kill, without having to worry about Sleep Powder or Icy Wind.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Special Wall"
    Hydrosity the Rotom-W @ Leftovers [​IMG]
    EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave
    - Pain Split

I swear I can't get away from this thing. He follows me like a stalker in the dead of night whispering to me as I sleep, "Put me on your team!" The reason I'm telling you this story is because no matter how I make my team, Rotom-W always seems to be the fix to most of my teams problems. Have a rain team weakness? Rotom-W. Have a sun team weakness? Rotom-W. Need a special wall? Rotom-W. Mamoswine problems you say, just get a Rotom-W. Although I may sound like I'm annoyed, I'm actually relieved that I found this guy again. He's such a great team player, having access to Volt Switch for scouting and racking up serious damage in conjunction with Mienshao with Volturn. Did I mention he has Levitate as well? This makes him immune to Ground types and entry hazards, so things like Landorus and Mamoswine can't do anything effective to him. His EV spread is the standard Rotom-W set, and it is to maximize his special bulk, while giving him extra fire power.

Rotom-W in my opinion is the most versatile and useful Pokemon in this current meta game. Having only one weakness to Grass types, Rotom-W can really apply pressure to teams with his dual typing and his annoying move set. He also has great synergy with my team, providing support against Mamoswine and the ability to cripple sweepers with Will-O-Wisp. Hydro Pump is his best STAB that douses Mamoswine and Fire types alike. It's great for dealing with Landorus as well, and is very powerful when used in the rain. Volt Switch is for scouting out of trouble, and giving Mienshao a buddy to annoy the hell out of people with the infamous Volturn strategy. It's also good for scaring away Tornadus-T and frail Water types. Will-O-Wisp is used over his previous T-Wave because Amoonguss is now the team provider for paralysis support. Will-O-Wisp is very useful against obvious switch ins and for horribly crippling Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite, and Breloom. His last move is Pain Split, which is used to heal off of healthy Pokemon in order to get Rotom's health back. It's great against Chansey and Blissey who both tank Rotom's moves.

Rotom-W opens up new doors for my team, and helps it out against sun, rain, and sand teams. His coverage and support is pretty much just like Jirachi's, and his synergy is just as good if not better than him. Rotom-W works best with Heatran and Mienshao. Mienshao and Rotom-W together have the annoying but useful Volt-Turn combo for ultimate switch advantage, while Heatran can come into burned physical threats like Salamence and Dragonite in order to finish them off with an HP Ice.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Sun Counter"
    Abyss the Heatran @ Air Balloon [​IMG]
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stealth Rock

Offensive Heatran (in my opinion) is one of the best Fire types in the OU tier, and for good reason. He has access to powerful moves that can really do a number on unresistant opponents, and many who do are still in the range of a 2HKO. His amazing ability Flash Fire works wonders against sun teams because it keeps Genesect and Jirachi safe from powerful Fire attacks, and also gives him a 100% boost to his Fire Blast when combined with the Sun. This Heatran strikes fear into the hearts of Scizor, because most of its moves are resisted by Heatran's Steel/Fire typing. He also catches many by surprise who may be expecting a Specially Defensive Heatran, but instead get hit by a nasty and powerful move. Giving Heatran an Air Balloon makes Heatran even dangerous to Ground types, and gives Heatran the opportunity to switch into these threats and lash out severe damage with his HP Ice. His EVs are to max out both his SpA and Speed. A Timid nature is used over a Modest nature to outrun Adamant Dragonite, who is easily OHKOed after Stealth Rocks. Since most Adamant Dragonite's carry either Earthquake or Aqua Tail, Heatran needs to be able to out speed it. Also, if Multiscale happens to not be broken, Heatran can survive an attack from Dragonite if he still carries his Balloon, and can take it out in two turns, which Modest couldn't do. Lastly, a Timid nature lets Heatran out speed Defensive Gliscor and OHKO it with HP Ice, without having to rely on it's Balloon to keep it safe.

Once again, Heatran provides the team with great coverage all around the board similar to Genesect, except Heatran hits much harder, and has an immunity to two types, and possibly three if the Air Balloon is still in play. He comes in when Ground types like Landorus and Garchomp are spamming ground attacks, and can easily revenge kill with HP Ice. He breaks through more defensive walls like Skarmory and Gliscor, and is the go to man when something may try to attempt a sweep. Heatran's main move is Fire Blast. This STAB move is easily spammable due to his very high SpA and the possibility of it being boosted by Flash Fire or the sun. It hurts anything resisted or not, and demolishes Steel types like Scizor. Earth Power deals with other Heatran who aren't floating in the air, and it also OHKOs Infernape and Toxicroak. Hidden Power Ice is Heatran's secret weapon for surprising Landorus, Garchomp, and Gliscor all who usually can handle Heatran no problem. It also nails Flying types like the other Therians, and Dragons. Stealth Rocks is the best move in the game, and it's a necessity for at least one of my team members to carry it.

Heatran is the team's most reliable attacker. He provides the team with very much needed Fire support and Fire resistance, as well as dealing with Steel, Grass, Fire, and Dragon types effectively. His typing and damage output is very useful to have when dealing with very bulky opponents in OU. Heatran works best with Breloom, because Breloom can handle Water types, which Heatran has nothing to effectively deal with them. Breloom also provides more of a solid answer to Ground and Rock types when Heatran's Balloon has been popped. Lastly, Breloom handles all of Heatran's problems against Specially defensive walls like Chansey and Blissey, who are too afraid to take a hit from Breloom. However, Heatran works very well with Slowbro too, because Slowbro protects Heatran from Fighting types like Terrakion and Keldeo.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Crippler"
    Sheeett the Amoonguss @ Black Sludge [​IMG]
    EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Stun Spore
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb

Yes, I did something that I thought I'd never do, replace Breloom. Breloom provided pretty redundant coverage for my team, and was pretty much only useful for it's priority in Mach Punch. Amoonguss however, is an amazing team player that has won me so many battles because of his annoying tactics of crippling everything on the opponents team. I'm being dead serious, with the combination of Stun Spore, Spore, and Will-O-Wisp from Rotom-W at some point the opponent's entire team is crippled in one way or another. Paralysis and Sleep are probably one of the most annoying status in the game, and Amoonguss has access to both of them! He also has a decent dual STAB, great bulk, and of course, Regenerator! With these combination of great attributes, Amoonguss takes the team into a less offensive approach, into a more balanced approach. Although I may not have some of those battles where I 6-0 a team anymore, the battles are much longer, and require a wider range of strategic plays. Although the battles are longer, I find myself winning almost every battle even if it is down to the wire. Amoonguss is the bread and butter of my team because it sets up the opponents team for failure in the end, and unlike Breloom, he stays alive almost the entire battle. EV spread is a little strange, however it gives him balanced bulk so he can come in on physical and special attacks. Maxing out his HP is needed, and putting a little EVs in both Special Defense and Defense to make him really hard to take down.

A lot of the time Amoonguss is my lead (not Sun teams however) so he can almost always get off a status on something. The combination of Spore and Stun Spore has caused so many rage quits alone because of how detrimental it can be when it comes down to the wire. I should name Amoonguss, "The Rage Inducer" because of how many star Pokemon on a team I see crumble because of this recreational shroom. Anyways, Stun Spore and Spore combined to make the dynamic duo of status. Stun Spore is amazing because unlike Thunder Wave, Jolteon, Thundurus-T, Landorus, and Garchomp are paralyzed by it! No more do I have to rely on Spore to take down these bastards. Spore is probably the best move in the game bar Stealth Rocks because of it's 100% sleep chance. Giga Drain is mostly for coverage against Water types that for some reason choose to stay in against Amoonguss, and keeps the rare Gastrodon from completely walling my team. Sludge Bomb is used over Clear Smog because it's a reliable STAB move to take out anything that resists Giga Drain. It's also for dealing with Breloom, who Amoonguss comfortably walls.

Amoonguss, the walking drug, definitely has a great niche on my team. Although he is rare in OU, I find him to be very underrated, and one of the hardest Pokemon to deal with because of his terrifying status moves. He has the best synergy with Scizor and Heatran. Amoonguss can't do anything to Steels accept cripple them, however Heatran fries the steel types that give Amoonguss trouble. Scizor likes Amoonguss' paralysis support against Psychic types so he can trap poor Latias, Latios, and Alakazam without having to worry about being hit with an HP Fire.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "The Wallbreaker"
    Sektor the Scizor @ Choice Band[​IMG]
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SDef / 248 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Scizor used to be one of those Pokemon that I could never use properly, and was a Pokemon that I even listed on DarkBlazeR's Pokemon You Underachieve with Thread. Now however, I regret ever listing Scizor as a Pokemon that I can never use. Scizor has made my team so much more threatening that I can't even describe, providing not only a complete check to Psychic types but also packing very powerful priority Bullet Punch and insanely powerful STAB U-Turn. It was kind of hard to define him a specific role for my team, because he fills so many niches on the team it's hard to list them all, and I love littled penguins! First off like mentioned earlier, he is an outstanding check to Psychic types like Latias, Latios, and Reuniclus who would otherwise sweep my team with ease. Next, since Breloom is no longer on the team, he packs priority in Bullet Punch to make up for Mach Punch. Bullet Punch, unlike Mach Punch, isn't halted by any immunity, so Scizor doesn't have to worry about Sableye or Gengar switch ins. Ironically, Gengar NEVER switches in on a Scizor because it has a chance of being OHKOed with Bullet Punch. Scizor also has great synergy with Rotom-W and Mienshao because he has access to U-Turn. Lastly, he acts as an amazing late game cleaner with Bullet Punch, and can completely demolish Dragon types like Salamence late game after Stealth Rocks, and even the bulky Dragonite. Scizor's item is the almighty Choice Band, which makes his attacking power just that more dangerous. His EVs are standard on a CB Scizor, and it's to maximize his all around bulk and attack.

His move set is very standard for a Scizor, but it's all he needs to wreck shop in OU against the plethora of dangerous threats. U-Turn is a very powerful STAB move that completely destroys any Psychic types and dents anything that doesn't resist it. Gotta love switch priority. Bullet Punch is probably the main reason to even use Scizor. Priority is one of the most important things to have on any Offensive team in OU, and Scizor is definitely one of the best users of it because of Technician, STAB, and Choice Band. Bullet Punch is the best move to use late game for finishing off weakened Pokemon, as well as severely denting frail Pokemon like Gengar and Breloom. Ice and Rock types hate this move, so Hail teams packing Kyurem have to watch out. Superpower is important for breaking through Heatran and Tyranitar, as well as hurting Kyurem-B more than Bullet Punch does. Pursuit seems like a filler move, but it's actually another move that makes Scizor so dangerous. Although it's not STAB, it's Technician boosted, making a pitiful 40 BP move into something like 70 BP. This move is for trapping Latios, Reuniclus, and Latias who would normally try to escape from being U-Turned on. This move works wonders against these annoying brats, and if I get a free switch into them their pretty much fucked.

I know why some people have such a problem using Choice Banded Scizor. Scizor is very slow, and isn't out speeding anything unless he uses Bullet Punch. He's also very frail specially defensively, so switching him in on a Rain boosted Hydro Pump is a terrible idea. I've found success with Scizor by using him late game for cleaning, AND with constant paralysis support from Amoonguss. With paralysis support, he can easily out speed pretty much anything and either U-Turn, trap, or Bullet Punch. With that said, Amoonguss is definitely his go to shroom in order to maximize his effectiveness.

MAJOR THREATS OR PROBLEMS

NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF ANYMORE.​

CLOSING WORDS

I'd like to thank you guys for taking the time to read this super long RMT. I've put a lot of hard work and creativity in this RMT in order to make it appeal to the eye and make it as solid as I can without any rates or help. I found very good success with this team. Again, thanks so much for reading this if you've got this far. Constructive criticism is needed, and recommended. Thanks!​

IMPORTABLE

Code:
    Baek (Mienshao) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
    Naive Nature
    - U-turn
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Stone Edge
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

F-16 (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Recover

Hydrosity (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 232 SDef / 248 HP / 28 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp

Abyss (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stealth Rock

Sheeett (Amoonguss) (M) @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    - Stun Spore
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb

Sektor (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SDef / 248 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit
  2. clail

clail

nice team!
    firstly, id suggest you replace fire fang with substitute on garchomp.
    only really helps with skarm and ferro which heatran can toast.
    this also lets you forgo yache berry if you choose to

like you said psychics destroy this team.
    to fix this the obvious solution is to drop one of the fighting types.
    id suggest replacing one of them with a spd wish passing jirachi
    4 resistant to psychic and gives you another nifty dragon resist which never hurts. it also would provide your team with wish support which it currently lacks.(doesn't need it as much as other teams because of regenerator on two pokes)
    id suggest something like 252hp/124sp/132spdef
    wish
    iron head
    body slam
    icepunch/firepunch
  3. Livio

Livio
    is a Tiering Contributor

Really nice solid team :)

But in a weatherless team, Heatran is not the best pokemon.. xD I d suggest u Jirachi > Heatran, like Told u Clail, but obviously Sr set, So u can wall Lati@s and going to flinch Reuniclus too, u dont need Tran cause u ve already 2 Fire resistors. Now volcarona is a little threat, but the Rain teams limited its usage. Not more to speak about it.. except for your revengekiller and his weakness to priority moves.. hope that i helped u, bye :)
  4. ganj4lF

ganj4lF Nobody is safe from the power of science!
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hi,
    your team is extremely nice and doesn't need many changes, if at all, to shine. I really love some of your set, Focus Punch Breloom over everything else, but also Slowbro, Mienshao, and Heatran are very interesting and work well together. I don't really think that removing Jirachi*, as someone already suggested, is a good idea: in Sun, the risk of being swept clean without Heatran is quite high, especially since almost every Sun team carry Venusaur, which can defeat everyone one-on-one with the right moveset. Heatran stops it cold (except for Sleep Powder variants) and it's a generally underestimated set in my opinion.

The only idea you could try somewhat (I don't really know what to replace in your team, since everything seems to have a well-defined role) is a Scizor of some sort. Scizor can Bullet Punch or trap all those pesky Dragons that are problematic for you, and destroys Reuniclus with U-Turn while not taking much from any of its standard coverage moves (ok, if you find HP Fire TR Reuniclus it's a problem, but that's a quite extreme case, and could be handled to an extent by Bullet Punching anyway). The set and the role it would cover varies depending on what you'd like to remove, so I'm not really listing anything precise here. The first idea I got was to remove Chomp for a SD Scizor, but that induces other kinds of problems (Scizor has overall less coverage, makes your team slow, and cannot take some attacks that Garchomp could: for example, Timid Venusaur while unboosted); another idea could be to replace Breloom with CB Scizor, which could work better, but I don't want to suggest you a replacement on the pokemon I like more on your team. So I'll just let this paragraph as ideas you can evaluate, test, or just discard completely. Other than that, your team is awesome as-is, so you probably don't need them as much anyway.

Good luck!

* EDIT: I meant removing Heatran for Jirachi, I don't really know why I wrote that :/
  5. CedOmega

CedOmega

I completely agree with Ganj4lF when it comes to using CB Scizor on your team.
    Show Hide
    Not only does it have great synergy with the Pokemon already on the team, but I've found it great for taking out just about all on Mienshao's switch ins. I, too, have used a team built around Mienshao, as shown here http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3468514, so I can speak purely of experience here. Scizor also handles your before mentioned problems with the Latis and Reuniclus. I also agree with Ganj4lF with Scizor>Breloom. Scizor's best asset is priority...which Breloom also makes the best of; so you're not missing out on much in the priority department.

Also, another important thing for your team would also be a spinner. But I'd only suggest Starmie>Slowbro, which could mean a loss of bulk and make the team less efficient. It would, however, give you a safe switch in to status moves like opposing Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, and T-wave.

Suggested changes:
    Scizor>Breloom
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Scizor@ChoiceBand
    Adamant nature
    248 Hp/252 Attk/8 Spd
    BulletPunch, U-Turn, Pursuit & SuperPower

Starmie>Slowbro
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Starmie@Leftovers/LifeOrb
    Trait: NaturalCure
    Timid nature
    252 Sp.Attk/252 Spd/4 Def
    HydroPump/Scald/Surf, Psyshock/IceBeam/Thunder, RapidSpin & Recover

The suggested changes are as listed above. I hope this helps your team. Good Luck! :)​
  6. Jimbon

Jimbon FAKE TRAIN
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hi there,

This is a really interesting and innovative team you got here, so props for that. As for your team, the threats you outlined look like you really have no way to get around them. Latios and Latias look annoying mainly because they outspeed everything on your team bar Mienshao, who can't OHKO. Reuniclus on the other hand is arguably a bigger threat, mainly because your only answer to it is Sporing with Breloom, then hoping it doesn't wake up for a few turns. To help with this, I think a Specially Defensive Jirachi would work fine in place of Rotom-W, with a moveset of Wish / Body Slam / Iron Head / U-Turn would suffice. Jirachi gives you a much needed buffer for Latios, while you beat pretty much every variant of Latias. It also helps you with Reuniclus to an extent as you can paralyze it while resisting its main STAB unlike Rotom-W, making it easier for Garchomp to get in and set up. Just like Rotom-W, you have Body Slam there to cripple common switch-ins to Jirachi, while you also gain reliable recovery with Wish. U-Turn is great on Jirachi as you can get Mienshao in safely against Jirachi switch-ins, making sure you're not taking 50% upon switching in. In general it does everything Rotom-W does, but has much better longevity. It might make you a little more weak to RP Landorus, but Rotom-W is still 2HKO'd on the switch in, and Landorus really can't setup against anything on your team so if you play well you shouldn't have too much trouble.

If you choose to go with this change you might want to use Stealth Rock on Jirachi somewhere, so you could run Roar or Toxic over Stealth Rock on Heatran, or even run a fully Specially Defensive set. Roar will mean you have a much easier time against Reuniclus, as you can force out Calm Mind variants while you have other answers for Offensive Trick Room sets. I'm not sure if the Specially Defensive set is necessary given that you have Rotom-W / Jirachi as a buffer for special hits, but just something to consider.

Also, if you're on the fence about Psychic or Ice Beam on Slowbro, I'd argue Ice Beam is much more useful. One of the main merits of using Slowbro is the ability to switch in on Salamence / Dragonite, and Ice Beam means that you can stop Dragonite from setting up continuous Dragon Dances, or stop Salamence screwing you over after a few Moxie boosts.

Very cool team, good luck!
  7. noname4505

noname4505

I used your team as is on PO for a server tourney, and I won the tourney, so I can say from experience that the team is really good as is. The only thing I noticed is that the team is kind of weak to Breloom, so I would agree to the above change to Starmie. Unlike the above change to an offensive Starmie I feel like bulky Starmie would work better as a replacement for Slowbro A change to physically defensive Celebi could be an option, but having two grass types isn't very good in the type synergy area plus Breloom did massive work for this team so I wouldn't make that change. Since I did use this on the PO server and Garchomp is still banned, I replaced it with specs Kingdra (just picked a random dragon from my box), but that didn't do much work anyways, so I would stick with chomp, but if you ever feel like making the change, I guess that specs Kingdra is an option (there are better options). One last nitpick is changing thunder wave on Rotom-w to will-o-wisp. It's more of a personal preference, so if you like t-wave then go ahead and keep it. Anyways, not much else to say other than the fact that this team was probably the best weatherless team that I've used in a while and if you prefer, the team doesn't need any necessary changes and can stay the way it is. Most of my suggestion are more just personal preferences that I found could help the team.
    Changes:
    Show Hide
    Starmie > Slowbro
    Will-o-wisp > Thunder Wave On Rotom-w

Sets:
    Show Hide
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 12 SAtk / 224 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Rapid Spin
    - Psyshock/Ice Beam (depending on whether you find dragons or Keldeo more threatening through testing)
    - Recover
  8. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude "The Phone-Post King"
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

Hi :D

As you mentioned Latias, Latios and Reuniclus can be quite troublesome for your team. Thisis because with the Lati twins carrying Surf and Reuniclus carrying Focus Blast they both have a way at getting around Heatran and once Heatran is gone they are free to spam their powerful Dragon and Psychich type moves that threaten a lot of your team e.g Garchomp, Breloom, Meinshao. I was going to suggest a Specially Defensive Jirachi and Jimbon already suggested that. Due to Jirachi helping you against the three threatening Pokemon by resisting majority of their attacks.

Another similar change you can try is Sub+CM Jirachi>Garchomp Sub+CM Jirachi would be a great addition to your team because much like the specially defensive varaint, he can help you with your teams problem with Latios, Latias and Reunclus. Infact Jirachi can actually set up Calm Minds against these Pokemon and attempt a sweep which is quite nice seeing as the rest of your team can lure in these Pokemon for Jirachi to set up on. A moveset of Thunderbolt / Psyshock / Calm Mind / Substitute would be best because Psyshock always lets you win the Calm Mind war with Latias and Latios. Also combined with 101 HP Substitutes Psyshock lets you beat Blissey and Chansey 1 on 1. Thunderbolt is a good move to use against rain teams seeing as you hit common Pokemon like Tentacruel and Tornadus-T super effectively. Just like Garchomp Jirachi provides your team with a good set up sweeper and wall breaker seeing as Jirachi can singel handedly beat SkarmBliss so the loss of Garchomp should not be to bad.

I also think you should consider Fight Gem>Life Orb on Breloom. With no Rapid Spin user on your team and no way to eliminate apposing hail and sand teams weather effects, Breloom can get worn down quite easily. With a Fight Gem you get a super strong Focus Punch and Mach Punch. With a Fight Gem attached Breloom can ohko Kyurem-B something that Life Orb can not do.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets
    Show Hide
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Lefotvers | Serene Grace
    Timid | 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Calm Mind | Substitute | Thunderbolt | Psyshock

Tl;dr
    Show Hide
    Show Hide

Garchomp--->Sub+CM Jirachi

Breloom
    .Life Orb--->Fight Gem

~Superpowerdude
  9. Darkerones

Darkerones

I wont give a very long rate but most of your psychic problems (especially those that set up) are very easily fixed by giving Heatran a more Specially defensive set and use ROAR over HP ice. Speccially defensive Tran also does pretty well against Tornadus-T (just mind Superpower). Breloom pretty much cleans house with this team unfortunatley,but if you take my previous advice, Tran+Bro defensive core renders Rotom-W kind of obsolete. While Rotom is excellent in this Meta GENGAR is another Pokemon that is brilliant for this meta as he still holds his own against rain if you run T-bolt,is annoying for HO and utterly ruins the rare stall,and most importantly,he stops even a boosted Breloom dead in his tracks. Gengar is also nice for keeping rocks up against the likes of Donphan and Forretress.
    If youre worried about the lost coverage on rain, try LO with 3 attacks using T-bolt or even choice scarf if youre particularly paranoid about Tornadus and Starmie.
    If you think Stall is an issue,sub-painsplit works wonders.
    and finally Sub-disable is awesome against everything else.
    However,if you really want to keep Rotom,bringing Will o Wisp back somewhere would go a long way.
  10. P H A N T O M

P H A N T O M

(Sorry my English!)

Hi Gary. This is a really solid team but it has some stuff that must be changes.

First of all,Heatran in this team is a bit useless,because it allow Latias and Reuniclus to setup on him!
    I think you must change that Heatran with ScarfRachi! But not the typical ScarfRachi,I mean this ScarfRachi:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - U-turn
    - Trick
    - Fire Punch

This offensive version of the common Jirachi allow you to hit hard Latios/Latias and Reuniclus too(You can trick on calmmindtias and calmmind reuniclus or hit with iron head/u-turn on Latios) and it is a support for counter Tornadus that makes problem to your team with Rotom-w KO. He needs more predicts than a normal ScarfRachi I think but the result is awesome! You can trick some great fingers in the ass like Bronzong or Ferrothorn and the most annoying wall that are a problem for your team. Fire Punch hits hard against Scizor and stuff like that and U-turn make a great chain system with Mienshao and Rotom-W. But now the most big treath is Sableye and Scizor(with Heatran out of the team). So I suggest you to replace Thunder Wave on Rotom-W with Will-O-Wisp. With Wow you can burn Sableye and hit it with hydro pump still he must do a switch out. When Scizor takes an Wow,he becomes an useless pokemon! You need a SubSalac Garchomp too for cover Sunny team in chain with mienshao. Oh, you must change the fight gem with the life orb on your breloom!

You can put Stealth Rock on Jirachi over U-turn but you must pay attention on an ipotetic Opposit's Magnezone!

I don't know how to give you the "ludvisc"( I wrote it right? lol),but I wanna do that because is a great team with only some few changes to do. Gl with the team and sorry again for my english D:
  11. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude "The Phone-Post King"
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

Hey phantom welcome to smogon! To luvdisc a threaf go to the too right hand corner and press like this which is found next to the luvdisc icon. I have to say however i dont agree with your suggestion with scarf rachi instead of tram the team loses stealth rock and with this team being weatherless Heatran is really needrd to check sun teams.
  12. P H A N T O M

P H A N T O M

Lol I forgot it. I edit my first post with the suggestion of the stealth rock fp. And he doesen't need Heatran to cover Sunny team. ScarfMienshao and SubGarchomp are good for destroy sun with Genesect in Uber tier. I think that Latios/Latias and Reuniclus makes more troubles for this team with Heatran in, than a sun team,and a team that doesn't put immedeatly the stealth rock is not bad in my opinion,especially with a voltturn chain like Mienshao - Rotom-w

K Luvdisc for you :P

Sorry for the double post ^^ I don't know how to use well this messages D:
  13. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.

Threats:

Scarf Keldeo in Rain can spam Hydro Pump.
    Mamoswine dents everything: I even think it does like 84% w/ LO Ice Shard after Rocks to Mienshao
    Lati twins 6-0's this team.
    OTR Reu 6-0's this team.
    Growth EQ Venu 6-0's this team.

Okay so we need something to fix these major flaws. I recommend trying out SD Scizor / Banded Scizor over Garchomp. It gives you priority spam with Loom and the SD set can late game sweep or you can run banded for a nice VoltTurn Semi-Stall stradegy. SD Scizor / Banded Scizor easily beats Lati twins / Reu / Mamo and it can revenge Venu.

Scarf Keldy is still such a huge threat to this team. Scarf variants in Rain specifically. Your only pokemon that can tank Secret Sword is Slowbro, which gets pounded by rain-boosted Hydro Pumps. I think running ChestoRest Rotom-W can fix this somewhat so it can heal mid / late game and TWave or VSwitch spam on Keldy. ChestoRest is also better on a defensive oritented team such as this one anyway.

Never invest 4 in HP, it usually always makes the Poke from an odd # to an even # of HP. An odd # of HP not only sucks for a LO number, but it increases SR damage. On Breloom, take 4 out of HP and into either Def or SDef.

On Slowbro, switch to Psyshock to hit Keldy better for emergency checking. Psychic only hits Conk harder, and Slowbro fairly walls Conk tbh.

I feel that any Scizor set would work over Chomp -- it just depends on what you want. SD revives the late game sweeper, and if you wish to retain bulk you can run a bulky variant / maintain maximum power go with SD offensive / go with Band to rip holes.

Scizor Sets (open)

Band:
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 244 Hp / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - U-turn
    - Superpower / Quick Attack

Swords Dance:
    Scizor @ Life Orb / Flying Gem
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite / Acrobatics
    - Superpowr / U-turn

Bulky Swords Dance
    Scizor @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 Hp / 44 Atk / 216 SDef
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite / Superpower
    - Roost

GL!

(Edit: Sorry with constant editing of this post. Proxy makes it hard to view errors / etc.)
  14. ScarlequinTheImmortalGod

ScarlequinTheImmortalGod

Ugh I just wrote a really fucking long detailed thoughtful response and lost it, Im upset now, Ill try again :'(

Hey man, props on a solid team utlising two underrated UU threats in the OU environment. The Immortal Eternal Almighty Omniscient All Conquering God of Pathetic Quivering Mortal Useless Scrubs, Scarlequin, does however have a few suggestions to benefit your team.

Firstly like previous posters, I reommend Psyshock over Psychic on Slowbro. This allows you to better deal with Calm Mind Keldeo, Terrakion in Sand, Tentacruel, Virizion, and the rare Amoonguss.
    I also suggest only using 248 HP Evs to maximise Leftovers and Regen recovery, which also allows you to run 4 Speed EVs to outspeed uninvested Reuniclus, Amoonguss.

Next I agree with the change from Breloom to Scizor since I believe Breloom is the weak link of your team. Scizor has a much better defensive typing for a balanced team, giving you further Ice, Dragon, Steel, Bug, Dark, Ghost, Psychic resists. It counters your weakness to Reuniclus and the Latis and still defeats Terrakion, Tyranitar, Mamoswine and many others as Breloom did. It also gives you a better time against dragons.

Finally i believe that you arent using Mienshao or Garchomp to their full potential.
    Despite having a 130 BP STAB move without an attack boosting item or Reckless I believe Mienshao lacks sufficient power. Furthermore the 4 attacks it uses on your choice set are so standard that it wil be easy for a skilled opponent to predict around. Not getting OHKOs with Mienshao is critical since it is painfully frail

Instead of Choice Scarf I recommend Life Orb on Mienshao, this gives you more powerful overall moves ad the Life Orb recoil is largely irrelevant due to Regen. Its harder for your opponent to predict around this Mienshao and you can also abuse Fake Out to get strikes on frail fast opponents every time you come in.

I suggest you keep Regenerator to negate hazard damage and Life Orb damage. The set would be Fake Out/ Hi Jump Kick/ U Turn and Stone Edge/HP Ice

If you do run Life Orb Mienshao I highly recommend Thunder Wave on Slowbro as well as Rotom W. Life Orb Mineshao becomes a lethal sweeper when it is able to outspeed threats like Terrakion, Latis, Keldeo etc.

If you implement this change I recommend switching Garchomp to a Scarf/ Sub Salac set. Choice Scarf would give you the instant ability to outspeed any Jirachi, Scarf or +1 Haxorus, Dragonite, Salamence, Volcarona etc.

My personal preference though would be to run a Sub Salac Garchomp. This makes you immune to devastating WOW, Toxic and Spores and also with the dual paralysis support there is a high chance youll get a free Sub courtesy of Para Hax at some point. A set of Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Swords Dance/Substitute with Salac Berry is my recommendation and the only hard counters to this are Skarmory, Gliscor and Bronzong, all of which are conviniently dealt with by Rotom W and Heatran.

Overall though a great team dude, and I hope I have assisted you.
    ~The Immortal Eternal Almighty Omniscient All Conquering God of Pathetic Quivering Mortal Useless Scrubs, Scarlequin
  15. Swan Songs

Swan Songs

My main suggestion would be to change your Garchomp to a ScarfChomp.
    The set I recommend is:
    Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - (Coverage move)
    - Fire Fang

Outrage instantly deals with either of the Lati's OHKOing them and guaranteed out-speeding them.
  16. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I've tested every single one of them, and have found CM Jirachi to work out the best. Thanks SuperPowerDude! Jirachi replaced Garchomp. Keep up the rates guys!

@ScarlequinTheImmortalGod: In no way shape or form is Breloom the weak link of my team. He packs priority, Spore, and a wickedly powerful Focus Punch that can even OHKO resisted switch ins with the combination of Mach Punch and Focus Punch. He also provides much needed coverage against Water types and Keldeo. Breloom is not going anywhere.
  17. Jirachee

Jirachee Kaleidoscope
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Hi

You're weak to a couple of threats, including opposing Breloom, Venusaur+Dugtrio, WoW Rotom-W and Thundurus-T. Your only fighting resist is Slowbro, which is weak to Bullet Seed and slower than Breloom, so you're exposing yourself for a beating against teams that have a lot of residual damage and Swords Dance Breloom. Your team in general is fairly slow so it's pretty easy for Loom to set up with Spore, especially late game when it'll sweep you pretty much everytime. Nothing on your team stops Growth Venusaur once it sets up if Dugtrio has trapped Heatran, which is fairly easy since you're not Shed Shell Tran. You only have one Electric resist, which is Breloom. Breloom can't really switch into Rotom-W since it's extremely obvious as your only Elec resist, and it can just WoW you on the switch which greatly reduces Breloom's effectiveness, and against Thundurus-T, Breloom does nothing anyway (other than dying to HP Ice.) Thundurus-T can fire off Thunders in rain fairly easily which will annihilate your team. It doesn't really need an Agility boost as your team is fairly slow anyway. All of these Pokemon are checked by Latias so you should probably get one over your Slowbro. While Latias is a lot frailer on the physical side than Slowbro, it has overall better defensive typing, better attacking stats+typing, and MORE SPEED. Latias checks all of these things perfectly well if you play correctly so you should have much less issues against them.

I would recommend a Timid nature on Heatran so you outspeed Adamant Dragonite and random Adamant Mamoswine. Adamant Dragonite is cool to outspeed since that way you won't have to take damage from its Dragon hits, which hit Heatran kinda hard anyway, and CB versions run Earthquake/Waterfall/Superpower that you really don't wanna get hit by. The power boost from Modest is cool I guess but Timid will save your life more often. (You also outspeed max Speed Politoed in a pinch I guess.)

Here's the set you should use:
    Latias (open)

[​IMG]
    Latias @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    Timid
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Psyshock
    ~Surf
    ~Recover

Good luck!
  18. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I was actually thinking about replacing Slowbro with Latias, I just didn't know what set to use. This looks cool I'll test it out!
  19. Leftiez

Leftiez *Stars*

Hi Gary.
    Very good team, it is solid and very effective, Mienshao is just amazing even though I think it should be OverUsed. Then after watching your team I noticed that you forgot a pokemon in the threat List, it is Thundurus-T which is evil in all its forms but I am mainly talking about the agility, you already have Mienshao that can OHKO all Pokemon that Breloom can kill so why deliver breloom? Even for a priority move it is useless here, then you are very disadvantaged in the Volturn, breloom in this form is a sweeper, so could not long resist against the Volt Switch Rotom, why wouldn't you put Amoongus on Breloom.

I can not tell you to Bliss/Chans because you will not know against what climate you persist and just because Rotom has Trick, Amoongus him it can easily take the volt switch or even a Trick because it possesses special Regenerator then it can fall asleep a pokemon, which is very good for Mienshao and now you are more embarrassed by the Toxic Spikes. I saw that you put Reuniclus, Latios and Latias in your threat list, but I don't understand why, as you have Jirachi. If you'd like you could use a more Specially Defensive set with HP Fire. It will do exactly the same kill by managing the 3 pokemons 'dangerous' for your team except Slowbro being kill by Rotom/Amoongus.

Jirachi
    Show Hide
    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 240 HP / 68 SAtk / 200 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]/Thunder-Bolt
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Wish

Amoongus
    Show Hide
    Amoongus (Amoonguss) (F) @ Black Sludge
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Sleep Talk
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb

Good Luck.
  20. ScarlequinTheImmortalGod

ScarlequinTheImmortalGod

Breloom is clearly the weak link of the team

If youre desperate to keep it, at least replace Focus Punch with Low Sweep since it has respectable power after the Technician boost and allows you to force switches constantly unless your opponent wants to sacrifice something.
    ie. Spore, opponent switches, Low Sweep on the Alakazam switch in, then youre faster, then unless they want to sac it, they switch again etc. etc.

But Scizor is better for the team than Breloom
  21. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I completely forgot about Amoonguss! I'll try him out over Breloom. Now that my priority user is gone, I'll try out a Scizor over my Jirachi.

Well I was gonna apologize, but since you're a deucer....ehhh

EDIT: Changing Slowbro to Latias and possibly Jirachi with Scizor because Amoonguss might most likely be replacing Breloom, so I need priority and Scizor is the perfect match with priority Bullet Punch and great checks to Psychic types.
  22. ScarlequinTheImmortalGod

ScarlequinTheImmortalGod

"Breloom is not going anywhere."

So fucking arrogant to dismiss my suggestions and ignore what took me so much time and thought, and then take someone else's suggestion to replace Breloom with Amoonguss.

Im so upset, Im crying and furious
  23. TheStriker

TheStriker

Hello Gary,

Finding time for Jirachi to set-up and getting spores on is very difficult. For this reason I recommend switching Fire Blast --> Magma Storm on Heatran. Although you are sacrificing accuracy, magma storm can trap non-threatening Pokemon where either Jirachi can set-up or get in support for the rest of your team. With this, you now have an easier time with pokemon that like to switch into Jirachi like ScarfChomp. You can get enough Calm Minds and pull off a Sub in your remaining 3 turns you get. +3 / +3 (including switch) means most Special Revenge Killers will fail to break past the Sub.
  24. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Very cool recommendation dude! Unfortunately, Magma Storm misses way too much for my taste (Fire Blast misses enough) and since I'm most likely replacing Jirachi with a Scizor, sweeper support will not be needed. Besides, Magma Storm Tran is mostly for Weather teams to trap weather Toad, Tails, and T-Tar, which I don't need to trap. I may give it a shot though, but a 10% accuracy reduction can be critical when it comes down to the wire.
  25. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Added Scizor, and Amoonguss. Refer to the team building section for more details. Continue to rate.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)