MikeDecIsHere's Music Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Library' started by MikeDecIsHere, Apr 24, 2012.

1. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere Congregation of the Classiest
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

MikeDecIsHere's Music Thread

List Of Songs! (open)

Don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but I've been here a while, and I don't think there's a dedicated sub-forum for this haha.

I figured I would share some of the music that I produced. I got into doing this recently, and since I haven't been able to sing in a long time, this really is something that I find to be really fun.

If you guys want, I can post more covers that I plan on doing. You are also free to suggest songs that I can do covers on (I might not be able to do them though).

Every Team (A Conn Coll Tennis Rap)

This one was done with my tennis team and myself. I am the chorus and the 5th rap. A lot of inside jokes here, but the song itself is pretty good.

Heartless Cover

This was for a class, but goddamn I'm happy with how this one came out. Going above and beyond for an intro class certainly pays off haha.

If you guys want downloadable links, let me know. I would be happy to post them. Also, feel free to suggest some covers ^_^
  2. Mime Time

Mime Time

If you don't mind me asking have you ever taken vocal lessons?
  3. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

What isn't this man good at.(besides pokemon) Now just lose the accent you fuckin' prick. :P
  4. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

There's a music thread in Smeargle's Studio

In other news you have a really nice voice!
  5. MikeDecIsHere

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

I've taken one vocal lesson my entire life. So really I'm going to go with no for that one.

Haha I actually intentionally sang with an accent in the second one in order to give the song a bit more flavor.

Well now I feel like a dumbass x.x

but thank you!
  6. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

This sort of thread is fine in A Forum.
  7. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

I'm not really sure why, that forum is for visual art. I would've posted there a long time ago, had I known it existed. Should we move it here?
  8. v

v bvzzkill
    is a Super Moderator
    ULTRA Moderator

I don't mind this sort of thread being in a forum at all personally
  9. MikeDecIsHere

Mentor

Sorry if I caused controversy with this x.x

Anyway, back to the purpose of this thread!

Pokemon Cypher 2012

Yeah, for those of you who don't know, some youtubers have started a tradition where they use a beat and make Pokemon Raps (Started by AreYouBrownXP and TheWhizBone). Anyway, I was called out, so I decided to make one of these raps. Pokemon Raps are hilariously bad haha.

Edit: I also made a list of songs in the op, just to make browsing easier.

Edit2: The next cover I will be doing will most likely either be "How to Save a Life" by The Fray or "Summer Love" by Justin Timberlake. Opinions would be cool. I will not be making the rhythm for those unfortunately, I don't have the time.
  10. Mafeking

Mafeking channels his inner Wolverine
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Not to undermine DM or anything, but this post and that thread in general would highly discourage removing the music thread from SS, though talk to a Mod about it if you feel strongly about having that sort of thing here in a forum. :3

So as to actually supply something to this thread, your newest song is hilarious, Mike! Great stuff, hahaha :D
  11. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

2 Questions.

1) Do you make your own beats and background tracks? They sound grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! They're so clear and sound like they're mixed very professionally.

2) WHY U NO JOIN THE EPIC POKEMON RAP BATTOL TOURNAMENT???
  12. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor Leader

Hey man, nice job! You have a cool voice; your diction is very clear and you can hear the passion for what you're singing about in your pieces (especially on the Heartless cover). I'd love to see some more stuff!

In terms of the Music Thread in Smeargle's Studio, talk with the mods there about it. As someone who loves music and sharing compositions, I'd be cool with it being in either forum.
  13. MikeDecIsHere

Mentor

The only beat that I made was the one for the Heartless cover. The one for "Every Team" is actually "Every Girl" by Young Money. The Cypher's beat was done by some DJ, idk the name though.

There's a Rap Battle Tournament? ._.
  14. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

lol you didn't undermine me, I have never seen that post and never read SS. If that's the case, the forum description definitely should change.
  15. Tony32

Tony32

Good stuff mike ;)
  16. MikeDecIsHere

Mentor

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone :]

I just made a new song:

Iris Cover

This was for the karaoke contest, but I figured I would add it to my repertoire over here :]
  17. MikeDecIsHere

Mentor

Back with a brand new cover!

How to Save a Life Cover

I thought it was ok. The guy from the Fray has a weird ass accent, so it was hard to try to do it without one -_-
  18. MikeDecIsHere

Mentor

In honor of user Reyscarface's extreme homosexuality, I decided to cover the band that he probably beats off to every single night before he goes to sleep:

What Makes You Beautiful Cover

Think I did ok. Tough to match pitch with kids who really haven't hit puberty yet, but whatever haha.
  19. TonyFlygon

TonyFlygon

Where's that big album on iTunes Mike? lol
  20. BlakBlastoise

BlakBlastoise

Smash
  21. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

beautiful
  22. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

oh damn that's good keep it up man
  23. MikeDecIsHere

Mentor

I haven't posted anything in a long time, but I just made a new cover! :]

Little Things, by One Direction

Honestly, I feel that this is one of my best ones, so yeah. That could also be because I got a new microphone haha.

Edit: No Ult, I just stopped caring.
  24. Ulttimaa

Ulttimaa

mikedec got stomped in season 2 and never came back

[​IMG]
  25. MikeDecIsHere

Mentor

that made no sense -_-

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)