1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Minecraft Discussion Thread (RIP in Peace server)

Discussion in 'The Great Library' started by Layell, Nov 14, 2010.

?

What day should we fight the Ender Dragon?

1. Sat, Dec 15

34 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. Sun, Dec 16

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. Sat, Dec 22

38 vote(s)
    38.4%
  4. Sun, Dec 23

30 vote(s)
    30.3%
  5. Sat, Dec 29

40 vote(s)
    40.4%
  6. Sun, Dec 30

55 vote(s)
    55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Black Buddha

Black Buddha

The server's gone down yet again. For the last week or so it goes down without fail atleast once a day :/
  2. forks

forks

you might be pleased to know we've found a promising new potential server host. hopefully those awful crash-rollbacks will soon be a thing of the past! (it will be another week or so, however, before we get to try it out)
  3. Black Buddha

Black Buddha

Yes this is very pleasing indeed :D

Also in other news, I went and added more spawning places in the Ender Ender (32 more) and now the rates seem to really have shot up. Last speed test I did:

0 to 10 in 1 minute
    0 to 22 in 3-5 mins (best level for getting Feather Falling IV on Diamond Boots)
    0 to 50 in 20-25 mins

And of course when I spent the 50 levels on a Diamond Axe I got Fortune III and Efficiency III...

Anyways, I'll probably add even more spawning pads soon since this has got me excited and hopefully we'll reach my target of 0 to 50 in 15 mins or less. I'll also add a small melon farm and perhaps an enchanting room.
  4. Ninja can

Ninja can

[​IMG]

Hello, If you seem to be missing anything from your chests, logblock it and if my name pops up, let me just start with I'm sorry.

My sister got on my minecraft and stole peoples shit, she also griefed on the other server I go to and I'm currently working on solving the problem.

if you need to get shit back from me, please PM me, I'll work out a time to give your shit, OR you can go to my house and take from the chest labeled -Appology chest- on the first floor of my house. I'll send you Co-ords if you plan on going through the chest.

I have attempted to remedy the problem by removing the remember password. if she gets on again, I'm hiding my power cord.
  5. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

js that people coming and taking stuff back is likely to be even more messy!!

having them let you know what is missing via logblock would be a better idea i think
  6. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

If anyone is missing a large amount of diamond blocks and diamond, xonmean gave them to me randomly today, not sure if it was a gift or if they were stolen by his sister o_o

I will gladly give them back though!

edit: ofc i want to see logblock proof tho
  7. Ninja can

Ninja can

Actually that is a wonderful idea Swaggersaurus

please verify that you actually have ownership of these items and then I'll give them to you. But I know for damn sure i never had diamond stuff. and I did not get home until approx 5:15 CST so anything done before then was indeed my sister

Just for future reference
  8. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

^ How you handle siblings jacking your account (kearnzy if your reading this with your 'sibling' take note)

Ninja is that shack near spawn also yours, because we've been trying to avoid houses right at spawn and it seems like something to make in single player to survive the night, no offence.
  9. Nanoswine

Nanoswine

Thieves Guild is too weak

Project Mayhem winners

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  10. penguin344

penguin344

i was there too

but imgur hates uploading my screenies
  11. Layell

is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

ok now it is impossible I swear, you better have god mode and some balls as thick as bedrock!
  12. Rocket Grunt

Rocket Grunt ✁ - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    is an Artist

i am the transvestite
    its me
  13. penguin344

penguin344

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can you guess the next image in this sequence
  14. Sogomango

Sogomango

[​IMG]

That is all.
  15. Nanoswine

Nanoswine

Best part is it took us like 2 minutes at most

Also I already have a plan to get back in involving several potions, armor and some TNT ;)

EDIT: Our strenght and cleverness is unparalleled!!

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  16. Layell

Sprite Leader

I was not expecting such a quick and ruthless defeat, however I do not give up against those who would try to wrong this server! I have added one final adjustment to the vault that will stop everyone!

Accept my challenge and try again!
  17. Shinryu

Shinryu

Ok so I haven't been following this that much...there's some sorta treasure hidden in bedrock of Layell's or something that people are playing treasure hunt for?

Besides, can't admins just add/remove bedrock as they please, just stuff a bunch of it all around the chests to make it unbeatable or something unless you can (normally impossible) remove bedrock XD

Or alternatively, I'd booby trap that just for fun rofl.
  18. Layell

Sprite Leader

The vault was intended to be unbreakable by standard means for us to confiscate some things we want to distribute or use later, anyways I have made another modification to the vault and it is impossible to steal anything from it, not that any of you fine folks would!
  19. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

layell why don't you let a real admin make the vault, like forks or xaquais

then maybe it won't get broken into every 3 minutes by a bunch of yahoos with ender pearls ಠ_ಠ

in other news, new snapshot is out:

stackable items on the ground auto-stack (yay mob grinders!)
    shiftclicking armor

complete changelog (open)

Complete changelog:

Fixed 'Pick Block' behavior
    -Added method to acquire mob eggs you have selected in Creative mode using the 'pick block' key
    -Fixed getting bedrock block when selecting mobs with the 'pick block' key
    -Fixed getting items that usually drop when a block is mined, you now get the actual block

Individual, stackable items on the ground now become one item stack

Improved Creative inventory
    -Clicking an item with another item in the selection screen selects the new item instead of just getting rid of the old item
    -Blocks with the same id but different data/damage values don't stack anymore
    -Right clicking behaves like a regular click

Added shift clicking support for armor to armor slots

Minecarts and boats can be dispensed from dispensers if there's rails/water in front of the dispenser

New bugs:

Picking reeds, redstone blocks or signs doesn't give you the item
    Picking piston extenders crashes the game
    Changing GUI scale crashes the game
    Updating a gravity-affected block which should fall crashes the game
    Spawn-Eggs now spawn baby mobs
    Middle clicking the ender dragon crashes the game

edit: WOAH carts in dispensers > tracks is something that slipped past me but this makes all the rail stations 10000000x easier (for those of you that remember the old lsb station...
  20. Fisdunction

Fisdunction

Yes.

Yes!

YES!
  21. Black Buddha

Black Buddha

The dispenser dispensing boats and minecarts is great. Like tennis said, it will make rail stations a lot easier to make. The boat thing would be helpful too if boats were fixed in SMP but oh well.

Also shift clicking armour is certainly very convenient. I'm pretty impressed with the amount of shift clicking that you can do, I especially like the shift-clicking in furnaces.

In other news, since the last speed test thing I posted regarding the Ender Ender, I went and added yet another 32 spaces so the rates should be even higher now.
  22. Layell

Sprite Leader

Some people have asked me why I started Cobalt Cape, and it is because I wanted to build cool stuff like this...

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-and have matching buildings too! Sy's castle is also coming into form too. I'd love to see more interesting town ideas for us to try!
  23. Shinryu

Shinryu

24. Dan Dan

Dan Dan

I can almost taste the lag.
  25. Ulttimaa

Ulttimaa

smogcraft pls stop dyin ;_;

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)