1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Minecraft Discussion Thread (RIP in Peace server)

Discussion in 'The Great Library' started by Layell, Nov 14, 2010.

?

What day should we fight the Ender Dragon?

1. Sat, Dec 15

34 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Sun, Dec 16

23 vote(s)
    23.0%
  3. Sat, Dec 22

38 vote(s)
    38.0%
  4. Sun, Dec 23

30 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Sat, Dec 29

40 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. Sun, Dec 30

56 vote(s)
    56.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

My house looks pretty good in that Smog article (one with the pokeball on top in Spawn), js

Yeah, Witch Farms really aren't worth it early game. We're better off finding a hut and working on a farm when we have a significant amount of supplies (or really want an abundance of Glowstone Lamps)

Edit: I was also wondering if we should organize Spawn better. Perhaps instead of just having a bunch of scattered buildings in a large area, we allocate certain areas to people and make it more like a city/town. They don't have to be huge areas, and people can make their bases in different locations, but I think it would be much nicer, more organized, and much more aesthetically pleasing (we could even limit the block type as well, especially if we are in a desert).

And let's make a Nether Hub please :]
  2. megados

megados

Agreeing with mike on the town idea it would be fun to see what people could do if we all have the same amount of land to build a house in, and yes it would be fun to have spawn feel more like a small town.
  3. SalTheThief

SalTheThief

Sorry to disappoint, but spawn is going to be pretty massive. We're making a two story tall city with lots of nice little touches here and there. We just started today though so here are a couple screenies.

spawn draft (open)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

Yesssss! Be careful with large flat floors though, a 5x5x5 area can allow Ghasts to spawn.
  5. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Please make a nether hub, that'd be excellent.

Also is that going to be the seed we're using? If so, jungle. Don't dare Atom.
  6. SalTheThief

SalTheThief

Yeah it is. There are so many jungles there is no point in fighting over it though.
  7. Howkings

Howkings

really funny game! :D
  8. MikeDecIsHere

is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

We should be fine if we half slab it up. Sandstone Half Slabs make a great contrast in the nether.

That's an awesome spawn still. Is that in creative? Do you need any help with housing designs? I can show you a bit of what I'm doing in my single player for ideas.
  9. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

Hahahahaha :D
    No worries, I have something else in mind for the new map. I just want some carrots for Night Vision awesomeness.
  10. MikeDecIsHere

I want carrots for invisibility. I can't wait to record some pranks teehee
  11. forks

forks

a fair warning to all rascals and rapscallions: if you go mass-digging sand anywhere in viewing range of smoghdad/sal-qaeda/las smegas, i swear on dan dan's grave i will wield whatever vestigial power i still retain to uncreate you.
  12. HolyChipmunk

HolyChipmunk California's finest chodesmuggler

I worry that with invisibility potions Boro will be able to gravel my house without me realizing in time
  13. Nelson511

Nelson511

I have a server right now, but that's for my school work. Call my teacher stupid, but he let us use minecraft to present our city of the future :/[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
  14. Furosuto

Furosuto

I like the idea of a town a lot. We should do this, with a limited amount of space too. It would be a fun challenge to see what people come up with. Maybe have different sectors in the map?
  15. tennisace

tennisace another eggnog, please
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

And I'll use whatever current power I have to smite you off the whitelist. If you're gonna dig, fill it back in please.

also al-quaeda is NOT a city forks, you insensitive prick

double also: with the seed we've chosen, a portal near actual spawn gives you a nether spawn in an ideal location for a nether hub, so it shouldn't be too hard.
  16. doraerawr

doraerawr

Boro died again so unless he's a zombie, I don't think he can..
  17. megados

megados

Any idea when the server will be open to us lowly commoners? Im itching to build and explore. Also spawn looks really nice so far.
  18. SalTheThief

SalTheThief

The server we're on is mine and once we finish spawn we'll update Smogcraft.
  19. Lord Moet II

Lord Moet II
    is a Past WCoP Winner

When will the server ip be given out?

Edit: Have you already fought the dragon or the wither? Beacons would add a nice touch to spawn imo.
  20. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

Wait, does that mean we play vanilla on our official server? Or was the bukkit-team actually quick this time?
  21. doraerawr

doraerawr

Check the first post of the thread, bro.
  22. Lord Moet II

Lord Moet II
    is a Past WCoP Winner

If thats the server then when will it be updated? Cause its still using 1.3.
  23. Flounder

Flounder

reading is really hard
  24. Lord Moet II

Lord Moet II
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Im sorry I dont read the whole post bro. ur right
  25. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Yes very enticing, my first time on minecraft thread, i definitely wanna play so shall stick around til i get whitelisted, considering how dedicated poekmon fans are i think the server will be a masterpiece, also it's a great time for me to join with the new server set to be released

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)