Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
geodude6 weren't you banned for stealing from layell?

anyway y'all can do what you want but keep in mind that if you volunteer to pay, you need to be able to pay the full cost of the server every month regardless of how nicely you ask for donations.

Definitely would love a pure vanilla server, I need a smaller one to play on without the lag and need for bukkit on bigger servers, I think a simple whitelist would be fine as far as griefing goes

I'd probably play but could we make it factions? PS I was so shocked when the server was gone i almost cried because i lost my base. PSS Could you post a link to the download of the original server. I read somewhere you has it as a backup

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Factions is a bad plugin for Smogcraft, because Smogcraft is supposed to be as vanilla as possible - we had Bukkit only because grief protection and other 'basic necessities'.

Im up for a new server but we need atleast /spawn and /home. It makes things way easier and doesn't hurt anything at all. Is that what bukkit did? Gave us those abilities?

I say we dont have /spawn /home it takes away so much from vanilla. if you want to travel far from spawn(which is stupid in the first place) you can always use the nether.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
/spawn is nice for trading. But I guess you can always just, you know, travel to spawn.
I think if a rail/nether hub system is prioritized and set up early on then it would eliminate the need for /spawn/home.
It either encourages people not to travel too far out, or encourages them to set up camp somewhere far away and not interact with people. If you want to do the latter then that's your choice but I imagine most people who played on previous Smogcrafts wouldn't want to do that anyway.

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm so used to ftb that I prolly wouldn't play on a server that didn't at least have /spawn & /home. It'd make cave-exploring annoying, people wouldn't be encouraged to go out and explore more which I honestly think is one of the best things about Minecraft, and even if we did have a whitelist, griefers could still get in. I think towns are great, really I do but not everyone wants to settle in a village and nether hubs are dangerous and take lots of time and resources to build. Our last "hub" was never even completed before the server went down. Unless we built it in creative. And last time I checked, most people were against that.

I know it sucks waiting for Bukkit to update but honestly, I think it's worth it. These mods were meant to make gameplay a little easier. I think it's worth the wait.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think if a rail/nether hub system is prioritized and set up early on then it would eliminate the need for /spawn/home.
we've tried this in the past and it turns into one person saying "HEY GUYS WHO WANTS TO HELP ME WITH THIS PROJECT AND DONATE A TON OF TIME AND RESOURCES INTO DIGGING STRAIGHT TUNNELS" and everyone else is either offline or doesn't care.

i'm a big proponent of /home and /spawn because a lot of times i do want to trade with someone but i don't want to travel the x number of blocks to go to spawn and do it. /home is also nice because it makes caving a ton less grindy, which means people spend less time on that and more time on cool builds. if you want to increase "difficulty" by taking away /home and /spawn, i'd suggest putting the server on UHC mode instead to actually increase the difficulty.

well, the server has actually taken off. we have around 5~ people on during prime time so for all of those people wondering if the server was even going to stcik around: it is!

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sal's server is stable and active. Not having /spawn and /home hasn't been too much of a problem yet, but nobody has really ventured too far from spawn, everyone is easily within a minecraft day of each other. The only thing really causing problems is OMGZOMBIESEVERYWHERE

Kid zombies are deadly.

i will try to join tonight or sometime this week. prepare yourselves (and the new ip is in #smogcraft right? do i need to re-apply for the whitelist?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)