Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

So uh. Can you play this without paying for it?
There's a free version on site where you're allowed to place blocks down only (no crafting of tools). This is where most of youtube vids come from, the ones that show schnazzy colourful buildings at least

Xaq I think you should make a shiny one... get mining for that Lapis!

NP: Blue Obsidian Cult - Don't Fear The Creeper

I was watching a Youtube video and when I switched back to Minecraft, Dan was doing this epic lookout to the setting of the moon on top of a gold block. I was gonna screen cap it for all of its glory, but then he had to just ruin the moment with his vulgarity directed at a spider. Had to print-screen instead to get the text!

I love this game SO MUCH!! I've got my sky-castle under construction still, and it'll take forever I think... 1.2_1 is awesome so far! Squids and paint are really cool, and I'm going to build entire rooms for note blocks to play different song bits! Maybe that'll be the 3rd floor of my sky castle... If I get to it before something even more epic comes out...

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I say build the koffing with the spawn side being in colour and the back side in black and white glory. What says smogon?

Is it even possible to get the new blue ore on the server?

Also dying sheep then killing them can get you 2-3 coloured wool instead of dying just one.

I think the statement, not even out of beta should be replaced with, "has been beta for 24 days." It's crazy when you think about it.

As for actual Minecraft:

It seems Minecraft world generator decided that it was a good idea to have this mountain have section carved off of it. It's just a flat sheet, it blew my mind!

smogcraft is open again after several days of unfortunate downtime! hmod is out of commission for the time being, which means we'll be without /spawn and /home for a little while, but the server is otherwise fully operational!

I was just on, and things look great! Visited the giant wildfire in the northeast, and it didn't disappoint. There were some torches around the area... Herobrine!?

I've come up with a fun little project of my own, so watch for new developments!

All I do is post screenshots, but uh, I shall persist! I feel like I'll look back at them and think they're great memories. They're on imageshack, but I have them all saved too!

what is the smogcraft server? I've been playing for... 4ish months now. I've build a lot of large structures, but I usually get bored and delete the game. I've actually kind of started to regress. Instead of huge temples and that sort of thing, I'm beginning to prefer small buildings or small above ground structures with huge tunnels under ground.

This game is more addicting than what I think crack would be like.

Daw what a cutey, Xaq you should have kept him! :heart:

Mentlegen, we can't give out the IP atm as we have no protection from griefers. Your best bet is to come to #smogcraft on SynIRC and talk to a regular there.

Open the door

Get on the floor

Everybody walk the

Yep, my fun little project is to make giant creatures from times past. The red stego is 200+ blocks of red wool, 40+ blocks of yellow, and 100% cuddly cuteness. He doesn't have a name yet, but I'm taking suggestions!

Here's his bestest buddy:

If you want to contribute something to my zoo, feel free! It doesn't have to be made out of wool, it can be anything!

To reach dinosaur world, take the sea path away from Last Stand Beach, the path with the minecart rail on it. Another path will eventually split away, and that takes you to the zoo.

Oh yeah, and I will eventually make a Swaggersaurus!

So while playing i thought of the brilliant idea of creating transparent blocks for mining. It doesn't show blocks that aren't exposed in some way, but it does show underground caves that are unexplored, as well as lava lakes, and mines. Pretty much everything that you would want to see except clusters of ores. Not as cool as I had hoped :(

Here are some screenshots:

The creeper Cyzir is making and the Koffing someone made. I didn't make dyeable wool invisible just because I wanted to be able to see this creeper once it's finished

Some iron in a pitch black cave, now easily identified thanks to my texture pack! This cave that I'm in has no torches, but I can use the light from the sun to see where things are.

Some iron blocks covered by snow. I wonder how long they have just been sitting there without anyone noticing? edit: I just noticed coal underneath. For some reason I decided O would be best for coal. I need to change that.

The night isn't completely unbearable

Pic of redstone

Skeleton rider!

Now I can see into people's houses and hidden stashes

Navigation can be difficult sometimes, so I change the fog to really close, and then it is pretty much as easy as it normally is to navigate

I feel like thats cheating Mentlegen! I dunno, it's a really smart idea, but at the same time it makes it too easy to find diamond, doesn't let creepers sneak up on you, etc. I'm not concerned that you have an advantage or anything, but it takes the fun out of Minecraft.

It doesnt really give me any advantage other than in exploring pitch black caves, otherwise it more or less just tells me where lava pools are, and seeing through snow covered blocks.

I made creepers really bright green, skeletons really white, zombies bright red, and spiders that purplish color you can see in the rider picture. That is probably the only real "edge" i gain, being able to see them through walls.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
transparent textures = genius
can you upload that as a .zip somehow for download?

also here is a farm ive been working on
its beyond the cove near swag mountain
and across a lake from my lakehouse
its sort of bare inside right now
but theres a lot of potential storage space
argh i need to stop playing this help

I'll see what I can do about that. some of it is kind of crappy, like the holes in the sand blocks are smaller than the holes in the rest of the blocks. I might just start making my own full texture pack with an emphasis on transparency. Hmm...

holy shit rocket grunt

that is just so...beautiful

i don't understand how you can be so creative with the screenshots like that ._. it looks like it's out of a picture or something *chris smoove voice* haha */chris smoove voice* 1 and 3 are so very nice... legit though, very nice. i'm gonna have to come check it out soon (if i can manage to go for 10 mintues without a rollback ... cheap server... just kidding forks :P)

http://www.mediafire.com/?82dcq10qcg6dek6

there is the .zip

just put that in your textures folder to get the skin. it's everything in the screenshots. I need to change that O to a C and maybe revise some of the ore colors and then i'll reupload a new one. maybe work on it tomorrow, definitely have a revised verson by wednesday

RG makes the prettiest buildings. He knows just where to put wood and cobble and everything else to make it beautiful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)