Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Will we just use the old Whitelist when the server opens or do we have to whitelist ourselves again?

edit: I'm having a blast flying through smogcraft v2. RIP.
If you're whitelisted already, you're fine I believe. If not, then use the google doc to apply. Please note: vouching for someone with extremely few posts on Smogon will not get them whitelisted. We want members of the community on our server, not random friends of friends.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the tragic passing of two great members of the new Smogcraft Map. Grumbler's two loyal hounds, SKELEFUKR and ~floofy~ died last night while valiently protecting myself and brave gromples while we hacked and slashed our way through a massive cave system. Unfortunately, in two separate clashes, both SKELEFUKR and ~floofy~ were pushed into lava by enemies while defending us on our adventure. They were two of the bravest dogs I had ever known, and they will be missed greatly. A memorial at spawn will be set up, so that their sacrifice will not have been in vain. Rest in peace, SKELEFUKR and ~floofy~ ;___;

In other news grumbler and I found a spot where there is a zombie spawner and cave spider spawner a few blocks away from each other (zombie spawner is above the spiders by a few blocks, and like 2-3 to the right). If anyone has any ideas on how to combine them into 1 mob system, I'm all ears.

I'm sorry for your loss Grumbler. Someday, you'll find a new pet. I recommend a Squid.

Cave Spiders are an absolute pain to deal with when building a grinder, but I'll take a look when we get started on Thursday.
Speaking of that, why are you two already exploring? I thought you were busy building spawn!!1

you probably can't make them into one system, but if you want to connect streams, you can probably come up with a way to separate them since Cave Spiders are only a block tall

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Spawn is being upgraded to B for Baller status.

We have enchants and a nether and a ton of iron available for the massive amounts of flattening that we have been performing. I've also been bringing grass slowly to spawn in the absence of silk touch. Which has also caused our sheep farm to be out a fair ways. Things are always being worked on here.

tennisace

layell that's a worse view of spawn than my album was

at least show them the now half-gone mountain, or the supercloseup shot of the half destroyed village

In other news grumbler and I found a spot where there is a zombie spawner and cave spider spawner a few blocks away from each other (zombie spawner is above the spiders by a few blocks, and like 2-3 to the right). If anyone has any ideas on how to combine them into 1 mob system, I'm all ears.
Lava crusher is going to be the only way to make this work + im pretty sure the zombie will have to drop 4 blocks to get everything down to ohko's after lava damage.

tennisace

Lava crusher is going to be the only way to make this work + im pretty sure the zombie will have to drop 4 blocks to get everything down to ohko's after lava damage.
Lava + cave spiders do not mix at all, since they're only a block tall there's no good way to push them through a lava stream (the lava stream would have to be adjacent to the water stream, and that will just make cobblestone).

What I'll probably do is just make a simple zombie variable exp/drop trap.

Lava + cave spiders do not mix at all, since they're only a block tall there's no good way to push them through a lava stream (the lava stream would have to be adjacent to the water stream, and that will just make cobblestone).

What I'll probably do is just make a simple zombie variable exp/drop trap.
I think what MOET has in mind is one of those timed lava weakening systems with a dispenser; KingDaddyDMAC built one of those to get Zombies and Skellys down to half a heart.
Here's an example.

I don't know if you can ajust the timing for Cave Spiders though.

yeah exactly what rotatingatom said. That is the only way I could see it working out unless you wanted to bring them both to a certain height and drop them 22 blocks and 14 blocks zombies and spider's respectively, into the same 2x2 area where you should be able to one hit kill them or use splash potions of instant health to kill them. The lava crusher would be easy to make but the fall damage seems to be a sure fire way to do it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So we are nearing the ever important release and there is something I'd like to remind everyone: Spawn is for nice things. We've made a ton of effort to make that happen and we flattened a lot to make that a reality. If you build something in the lower part of the desert near spawn and then later spawn needs to be expanded over your place, it will. As a measure of quality our dome is easily the biggest thing, and the orange charity building is a good benchmark for the size of what spawn is. If you want to help feel free to use some of the materials in the charity building to help improve spawn by flattening and lighting, don't take stuff from there just to build your own mansion.

The bar of quality has been set, lets make this place amazing!

tennisace

In addition here are some do's and don't of new spawn:

Do:

-help flatten that giant-ass mountain and put the materials in the charity house
-if you want to help build an already marked building at spawn, ask us for access to the design
-if you want to build something where there isn't a marking, ask us first

Don't:

-take an apartment if you're not directly helping with spawn
-take supplies (other than food) if you're not directly helping with spawn
-mess up an already existing structure at spawn

All previous rules of smogcraft apply.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Yes you will be, but we are currently having a few server problems so the server may not be up much until we (or just xaq) can sort it out.

Yes you are still whitelisted.

Guys, one of the plans I have for this map is making a WITCH FARM.
I know it's terribly tedious, but the result will be well worth it, so
please let me know if you find a witch hut anywhere. Give me the coords
and once I'm done with the double grinder at spawn, I'll go to town.

Speaking of the double grinder, it's already starting to take shape. Easy exp
is in the making.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)