Gen 2 Missy D RMT

Hello, this time an RMT based on the well-hated Misdreavus. The team is supposed to stall and take away some crucial Pokémon on their side with Misdreavus, preventing a stall-war.

I decided to go with some standard stuff since it simply works the best, but in the last slot I really can't make up which Pokémon to use, it leaves me with too many choices. Any help would be appreciated, also with the rest of the team, if any suggestions. Here we go.

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Reflect / Toxic

- Roar
- Rest

A nice starter, no problems with Jolteon trying to set up on the first turn. No Sleep Talk since I run Heal Bell Miltank anyway, and I can really use that Roar, even without Spikes. Toxic would be mainly for poisoning Rhydon, as he resists Misdreavus in any way. Not even mentioning Steelix yet...

Starmie @ Leftovers
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Recover
- Light Screen

I needed a spinner and a Fire resist on my team, and it can also counter the bulky grounds/rocks. It may take some damage, but Recover heals enough. Instead of explaining Starmie, Light Screen is for Alakazam which my team has some trouble with. Also my Marowak can more safely switch into Tyranitar when Light Screen is up, reducing Fire Blast / Crunch's power.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam
- Growl

It would have been either this or Blissey, and Body Slam really makes the difference I think. Although Miltank is frailer on the special side, it's just a little more dangerous than Blissey, and makes more switches. This could be a misunderstanding on my side, please tell me if it is.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
- Drill Peck
- Whirlwind
- Rest
- Toxic

Just Skarmory. Needed for some physical coverage. Heracross, Snorlax, Marowak are certainly less powerful with Skarmory around.

Misdreavus (F) @ Leftovers ** MISSY D

- Perish Song
- Protect
- Mean Look
- Thunder

Not much to say here, everyone knows how it works. I thought of Pain Split to keep some health up, but Thunder is so much more important with Skarmory and Suicune around. Protect and Leftovers should heal enough I guess.

Marowak (M) @ Thick Club
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide

Still having some problems with things like Alakazam and Tyranitar I couldn't really find one Pokémon which could solve both problems very well. With Light Screen up Marowak does the job pretty well, and maybe I should even try the Swords Dance set, and maybe even Fire Blast, but something tells me there is a way smarter choice up here.

So I need an effective way to get Rhydon/Steelix out of the way, or scare off any Ground Pokémon, actually. I hope you get the idea, and post some ideas of your own!

~ Thanks in Advance ~

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I guess one odd idea is Surf Tyranitar. It's decent at luring out ground types, and while Surf is weaker than Fire Blast, you're not limited to just hitting Steelix. Might be further effective if you augment it with Curse + Rock Slide. Only problem is once they've seen Surf on Tar, they'll just start sending out Suicune, so without Spikes Rhydon and company will continue to come in on Raikou to heal up. You could consider Forry over Skarmory and shift Starmie to something else useful to you. Tyranitar would cover some of Starmie's defensive roles, so maybe something like Exeggutor to make up for the Fighting resistance you lose from Starmie and the Ground immunity you'd lose from Skarmory.

Those are just some options you may be able to pick and pull from, though. Putting those all together opens the team up to Heracross, unless you go for Curse Forry instead of Rapid Spin.

Thanks for your reply. Could you explain why Forretress and Misdreavus work well together? What set would you suggest for Forretress in this case? Being rather new to competitive GSC, I can't see these things directly. Surf Tyranitar seems appealing, I would also counter Alakazam with it decently. Other Tyranitar with HP Fighting / Dynamicpunch could be even more dangerous though...

Because you spike, then block spin from everything; you should run toxic to beat cloys.

Not sure what Surf ttar does for you at all. Snorlax.

I don't see ttar weak either. Miltank walls ttar unless you're getting lucked hardcore by dpunch; it can't crunch you to death since you just growl and everything walls it from there. Raikou walls it if it doesn't EQ anyway. Starmie can wall dpunch/eq/fb/not crunch sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)