Gardevoir @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

I actually have no idea on moves, but this is basically faster Mega Gardevoir that doesn't hit as hard with it's Fairy STAB. It has the same Special Attack, but sits at 130 speed. Interesting in my opinion. Also Traces stuff twice, which is actually pretty good against Mega Gyarados, not that you should be switching in on Mega Gyarados, but that's the only thing I could think of in which two traces would be pretty good. Also if you trace Sheer Force ever have fun destroying somebodies team.

Could also run Absolite, which makes you 10 points slower but with a nice benefit of Magic Bounce, which is basically Fast Gardevoir that still does good against stall.

Gardevoir @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

I actually have no idea on moves, but this is basically faster Mega Gardevoir that doesn't hit as hard with it's Fairy STAB. It has the same Special Attack, but sits at 130 speed. Interesting in my opinion. Also Traces stuff twice, which is actually pretty good against Mega Gyarados, not that you should be switching in on Mega Gyarados, but that's the only thing I could think of in which two traces would be pretty good. Also if you trace Sheer Force ever have fun destroying somebodies team.

Could also run Absolite, which makes you 10 points slower but with a nice benefit of Magic Bounce, which is basically Fast Gardevoir that still does good against stall.
The only problem w/ Gardevoir is how frail it is, and Alakazite actually boostes defense by 20, iirc. Unfortunately it loses pixivoice, which is its biggest perk, really. And I think you are mixed up on the boosts- it would have 110 Spe, and Absolite would give it 120. Alakazie only boosts your Spe by 30. And Absolite would be a pretty cool stall breaker, at the cost of bulk. A CM set could be useful.

I just thought of something reminiscent of gen 1 wrap Dnite- watch out.

Zygarde @ Bannettite
Ability: Aura Break ---> Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful nature
Coil
Rest
Sleep talk
Dragon Tail

Clear fairies out of the way, get rid of strong faster priority, and they are useless. Things that could give you hell: Lucarionite mamoswine's ice shard, Pixispeed, Fridgespeed, Glailitite Weavile Quick Attack, etc. other than that, it just can rest off damage and deal chip damage in return w/ rocks and dragon tail, meanwhile they're completely helpless to do anything. GG. Obviously it requires support, but it's such a scary idea. Imagine- priority phazing.

Last edited:
Looks interesting--Dragon Tail off 150 Attack plus Prankster Coil for Def boosts could do a ton. I might put the last four in Atk to give Dragon Tail a little extra oomph (or are you running that for Porygon-Z?).

It's biggest flaw is that you'll need to wipe all the enemy Fairies before you can get started, and since both Altarianite and Audinite add Fairy typing you might think you've gotten them all and you haven't. The other flaws can be resolved in part by grabbing other Pokemon with Dragon Tail, of which there's a good variety. Circle Throw, though very limited (Pangoro, Kangaskhan, Exploud, Lopunny, Lucario, Poliwhirl, and Throh), might be a better choice just because no Mega Stone adds Ghost typing, making it more obvious when the field is clear... but none of them have Coil, and Lopunny, Kangaskan, and Exploud don't even have Bulk Up.

You can accomplish a variation of this that is instead is blocked by Magic Bounce (Which is legitimately a problem in this meta) by focusing on Whirlwind/Roar+Sleep Talk, though it loses out on the chipping damage if there's no hazards. Really, it's just a happy thing that there's only one Prankster Mega Stone, and thus you can't make an entire team of these things covering every possibility. (That's called Balanced Hackmons)

Looks interesting--Dragon Tail off 150 Attack plus Prankster Coil for Def boosts could do a ton. I might put the last four in Atk to give Dragon Tail a little extra oomph (or are you running that for Porygon-Z?).
Whoops yeah I don't no why i did that lol. Anyways, the point is that you get prankster sleep talk, and a moves priority is ignored when called by sleep talk, so it has +1 priority dragon tail. It completely incapacitates everything. You shuffle them out no matter what they do, if they switch, they are phazed, If they attack, they are phazed, etc. Aside from what's already been mentioned, suction cups is the only thing that could 100% prevent it so long as you don't just like call rest twice in a row, which, lol, suction cups. That or killing it first. Honestly, there's probably something better- coil is no better than bulk up since accuracy isn't an issue.

Last edited:
The only problem w/ Gardevoir is how frail it is, and Alakazite actually boostes defense by 20, iirc. Unfortunately it loses pixivoice, which is its biggest perk, really. And I think you are mixed up on the boosts- it would have 110 Spe, and Absolite would give it 120. Alakazie only boosts your Spe by 30. And Absolite would be a pretty cool stall breaker, at the cost of bulk. A CM set could be useful.
Whoops! So you are right, haha. Sorry, was very tired when I wrote. Either way though, both are much faster than base MegaGarde, and hit just as hard with every move but their Fairy STAB, it's an interesting concept IMO.

Also so uh, what about Diancite? Because you can do stuff like this...

Garchomp @ Diancite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

(108/190/35/140/25/162)

MegaChomp was already terrifying every Pokemon slower than it. Now imagine fast MegaChomp that hit's harder than MegaChomp.
You can also pull off something similar with Altarianite on Garchomp for a mixed attacker that's just as fast as Regular Garchomp, Glalitite on Garchomp for something similar to Diancite Garchomp except not as fast, not as hard hitting, but still bulky, or Lucarionite on Garchomp for a mixed attacker that hits incredibly hard with its Earthquakes and Draco's.
Hell, anything on Garchomp that boosts speed makes MegaChomp look even worse than it already is.

Whoops! So you are right, haha. Sorry, was very tired when I wrote. Either way though, both are much faster than base MegaGarde, and hit just as hard with every move but their Fairy STAB, it's an interesting concept IMO.

Also so uh, what about Diancite? Because you can do stuff like this...

Garchomp @ Diancite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

(108/190/35/140/25/162)

MegaChomp was already terrifying every Pokemon slower than it. Now imagine fast MegaChomp that hit's harder than MegaChomp.
You can also pull off something similar with Altarianite on Garchomp for a mixed attacker that's just as fast as Regular Garchomp, Glalitite on Garchomp for something similar to Diancite Garchomp except not as fast, not as hard hitting, but still bulky, or Lucarionite on Garchomp for a mixed attacker that hits incredibly hard with its Earthquakes and Draco's.
Hell, anything on Garchomp that boosts speed makes MegaChomp look even worse than it already is.
I agree about Diancie would be good, but I don't think that chomps a great candidate though. With so much priority running around, he's dead since he has no priority to hit them with in return.

Oh and his defenses would be 20 higher than what you posted

I agree about Diancie would be good, but I don't think that chomps a great candidate though. With so much priority running around, he's dead since he has no priority to hit them with in return.
Mm. That's true enough. still something to think about limiting cause certain things can get pretty nuts with Diancite. Weavile would have 180 Atk, 185 Speed (faster than Deoxys-S lmao), and still has Fake Out, Ice Shard, and an amazing offensive typing.

Mm. That's true enough. still something to think about limiting cause certain things can get pretty nuts with Diancite. Weavile would have 180 Atk, 185 Speed (faster than Deoxys-S lmao), and still has Fake Out, Ice Shard, and an amazing offensive typing.
Exactly my thoughts. Many things could utilize it to devastating effect, chomp could too actually, but only if they aren't running any priority. Unfortunately, so much stuff atleast gets QA, which is much better after (for example) glaciate, then even ice shard. Nothing runs it as is because it's a 40 BP normal type move. But we all know what pinsir is capable of w/ it.

Exactly my thoughts. Many things could utilize it to devastating effect, chomp could too actually, but only if they aren't running any priority. Unfortunately, so much stuff atleast gets QA, which is much better after (for example) glaciate, then even ice shard. Nothing runs it as is because it's a 40 BP normal type move. But we all know what pinsir is capable of w/ it.
That's very true. And Pixilate Extreme Speed, as I posted earlier. But anything that would love to be fast and hit hard, loves Diancite, hell, you don't even have to fear T Waves from the potential Banettite users, as you have Magic Bounce. Diancite on anything is scary, and Diancite on anything that has good priority is even scarier.

Oh yeah also

Charizard @ Red Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast / Ancient Power / Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Pure Fire Charizard Y, anybody? Has more physical bulk and physical attack for Earthquakes and Rock Slides, if that's your kind of thing. Timid w/ speed creep so that you can outspeed the max speed base 90s all over the Ubers tier. Hits just as hard as Zard Y, takes half Stealth Rock damage, gains a resistance to Ice, an immunity to Water, and as we all know Zard Y does, hits incredibly hard. Also, if you run Focus Blast and predict the Blue Orb Ferrothorn on the switch, and hit 2 Focus Blasts in a row, Ferrothorn dies. (252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 206-244 (58.5 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

(granted, you also gain a ground weakness, but hey still pretty good imo)

That's very true. And Pixilate Extreme Speed, as I posted earlier. But anything that would love to be fast and hit hard, loves Diancite, hell, you don't even have to fear T Waves from the potential Banettite users, as you have Magic Bounce. Diancite on anything is scary, and Diancite on anything that has good priority is even scarier.

Oh yeah also

Charizard @ Red Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast / Ancient Power / Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Pure Fire Charizard Y, anybody? Has more physical bulk and physical attack for Earthquakes and Rock Slides, if that's your kind of thing. Timid w/ speed creep so that you can outspeed the max speed base 90s all over the Ubers tier. Hits just as hard as Zard Y, takes half Stealth Rock damage, gains a resistance to Ice, an immunity to Water, and as we all know Zard Y does, hits incredibly hard. Also, if you run Focus Blast and predict the Blue Orb Ferrothorn on the switch, and hit 2 Focus Blasts in a row, Ferrothorn dies. (252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 206-244 (58.5 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

(granted, you also gain a ground weakness, but hey still pretty good imo)
the primal weather first established is the one that stays.

Bulbapedia Primordial Sea page said:
If another Pokémon in battle has the Ability Desolate Land or Delta Stream, the dominant weather conditions will be determined by whichever Ability activated last.
Actually, it is just like standard weathers. Granted, it's not the end of the world since Ferro won't have a Water move to hit you with, but the field clears when it dies, so you have to pivot to get sun back up.

Actually, it is just like standard weathers. Granted, it's not the end of the world since Ferro won't have a Water move to hit you with, but the field clears when it dies, so you have to pivot to get sun back up.
Either way, if you predict Ferro on the switch you can 2hko him with Focus Blast and he can't do much back aside from setting up Leech Seed

Time for something a little bizarre (starting with a low-tier mon)

Registeel @ Cameruptite
Typing: mono-Steel, no change
Ability: Clear Body -> Sheer Force
Base stats: 80/75/150/75/150/50 -> 80/95/180/115/180/30
IVs and EVs: presumed 31s IV, no idea on EVs
Nature: probably one that boosts a defensive stat

Basically this is a wall that can bite back fairly hard when you hit it. I'm thinking a Rest-talker; it has just enough of a special movepool to be able to hit a good number of things hard. Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, (STAB) Flash Cannon, Seismic Toss for fixed damage if more defensive investment is desired...

80/180/180 bulk with mono-Steel typing is hardly to be sneered at. Especially if it's mostly-invested or fully-invested. It doesn't care about the speed loss since it would probably have been going second anyhow.

Steelixite would be even better. Sand Force may not be as good of an ability, but you have defenses of 80/190/190 plus 115 Atk. This way you can increase the offensive stat it can actually boost (via Curse), not to mention taking advantage of its better physical movepool. And in the off chance you can get some sand up, look out.

Okay so I just tossed up 6 random sets. Lemme know what you all think.

Infernape @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat / Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Grass Knot
(76/164/11/164/11/168)
A great example of why I think Diancite should definitely be limited on a lot of things. Sure, Ape can't switch in at all, but if it comes in on something slower than it (which a lot of Pokemon in Ubers are), it begins hitting like a truck. 164/164/168 offenses aren't to be messed around with, at all. Mach Punch for anything trying to priority you, click Close Combat on anything that doesn't have priority, click Overheat when physical walls get in your way, and click Grass Knot for Bulky Waters. You could also run Lucarionite for a similar effect but with a lot less speed, but a lot more bulk.

Bisharp @ Metagrossite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off / Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
(65/135/120/80/90/110)
Hey look Bisharp with 110 speed. Looks like less bulky, not as hard hitting MegaGross with better priority, Swords Dance, and Defiant in it's base form to me. Low Kick can, and probably should be used over Knock Off, due to the amount of Pokemon that will have a lot larger weights in this metagame, and what with it being Ubers and everything already being fat.

Starmie @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Thunder / Psyshock
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
(60/75/90/165/95/135)
Hahahaha why
Probably one of the better offensive Hazard controls in this meta, aside from the sleeper Lopunnite Excadrill (kidding don't do that it won't get you very far probably). We have Super BoltBeam coverage in Thunder and Blizzard, STAB in Hydro Pump, hazard control in Rapid Spin. If you don't want to be completely walled by Blissey, use Psyshock over Thunder. Either way it hits incredibly hard and forces the switches it needs to so that it may Spin hazards away.

Kabutops @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet / Swords Dance
- Low Kick / Aqua Jet / Swords Dance
(60/155/125/75/90/90)
I really don't think I have to tell anybody about how terrifying Rain is for the average player in OU. Swampertite Kabutops basically acts like a harder hitting, less bulky, faster MegaPert that has Swift Swim before it Mega Evolves and thus (probably) won't be forced to take a chunk of its health before getting to Swift Swim.

Raikou @ Manectite
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory
(90/85/95/145/120/145)
We've all heard the Raikou is a poor man's MegaMan comparison. Now we have MegaMan that's better in almost every way, bulk, power, and speed tier. However, it doesn't have a Fire type move, so that kind of really sucks. We'll have to make do with Extrasensory instead. Otherwise the same as MegaMan set wise.

Volcarona @ Absolite
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Rock
(85/80/65/175/105/140)
...I really don't like it when people try to stall me out, okay? LOL. Either way, this thing is pretty nuts. Basically standard Volcarona only with Magic Bounce and more speed to begin with. Again, not a lot to say here. We all know how Volcarona works.

Okay so I just tossed up 6 random sets. Lemme know what you all think.

Infernape @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat / Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Grass Knot
(76/164/11/164/11/168)
A great example of why I think Diancite should definitely be limited on a lot of things. Sure, Ape can't switch in at all, but if it comes in on something slower than it (which a lot of Pokemon in Ubers are), it begins hitting like a truck. 164/164/168 offenses aren't to be messed around with, at all. Mach Punch for anything trying to priority you, click Close Combat on anything that doesn't have priority, click Overheat when physical walls get in your way, and click Grass Knot for Bulky Waters. You could also run Lucarionite for a similar effect but with a lot less speed, but a lot more bulk.

Bisharp @ Metagrossite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off / Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
(65/135/120/80/90/110)
Hey look Bisharp with 110 speed. Looks like less bulky, not as hard hitting MegaGross with better priority, Swords Dance, and Defiant in it's base form to me. Low Kick can, and probably should be used over Knock Off, due to the amount of Pokemon that will have a lot larger weights in this metagame, and what with it being Ubers and everything already being fat.

Starmie @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Thunder / Psyshock
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
(60/75/90/165/95/135)
Hahahaha why
Probably one of the better offensive Hazard controls in this meta, aside from the sleeper Lopunnite Excadrill (kidding don't do that it won't get you very far probably). We have Super BoltBeam coverage in Thunder and Blizzard, STAB in Hydro Pump, hazard control in Rapid Spin. If you don't want to be completely walled by Blissey, use Psyshock over Thunder. Either way it hits incredibly hard and forces the switches it needs to so that it may Spin hazards away.

Kabutops @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet / Swords Dance
- Low Kick / Aqua Jet / Swords Dance
(60/155/125/75/90/90)
I really don't think I have to tell anybody about how terrifying Rain is for the average player in OU. Swampertite Kabutops basically acts like a harder hitting, less bulky, faster MegaPert that has Swift Swim before it Mega Evolves and thus (probably) won't be forced to take a chunk of its health before getting to Swift Swim.

Raikou @ Manectite
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory
(90/85/95/145/120/145)
We've all heard the Raikou is a poor man's MegaMan comparison. Now we have MegaMan that's better in almost every way, bulk, power, and speed tier. However, it doesn't have a Fire type move, so that kind of really sucks. We'll have to make do with Extrasensory instead. Otherwise the same as MegaMan set wise.

Volcarona @ Absolite
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Rock
(85/80/65/175/105/140)
...I really don't like it when people try to stall me out, okay? LOL. Either way, this thing is pretty nuts. Basically standard Volcarona only with Magic Bounce and more speed to begin with. Again, not a lot to say here. We all know how Volcarona works.
Lol, you got diancites defense drop mixed up again bro- technically it has 31 defenses, but something tells me that's not gonna make that much difference.

The biggest problem with bisharp is that the boon to knock off, arguably the #1 reason it's OU in gen 6, has now been nerfed beyond belief, w/ teams of 6 Megas running around. You won't be able to do very much against stall mons w/ a mega stone- sucker punch won't hit at all if they don't attack, and steel, while suddenly useful, still only hits a few targets. So basically, you're left with low kick for a lot of things, and attempting to sweep w/ virtually no stab is rarely that effective. Some dreams aren't meant to be...

I think the best of these is definitely raikou. For some reason, I guess I never considered the fact that mane is basically just a bad raikou in its base form. Manectite has a lot of cool possibilities.

Also, there was some discussion a while back about khangaskanite (lol no idea how to spell that), and wether or not it is just pure busted. I believe it was Ghoul King showed how unimpressive it really is. Not saying it's bad, there is NO way that's true, but it might not be as busted as it sounds on paper. I think maybe a suspect should take place. there are mons that have other mega stones that work with them incredibly well- often better than their own. These are frequently way better combinations than kanga could wish for. It very well could be straight up just broken, but I'm not entirely convinced.

Pikachuun, I know you said this metas difficult because of the necessary flexibility in coding, but would it be possible that the mega stones just give a boost of (mega base stat) - (normal form base stat)? I mean specifically in the coding. I guess that just sounds like the purpose of the meta, but I mean as a general formula for coding it? I know jack squat about coding.

Lol, you got diancites defense drop mixed up again bro- technically it has 31 defenses, but something tells me that's not gonna make that much difference.

The biggest problem with bisharp is that the boon to knock off, arguably the #1 reason it's OU in gen 6, has now been nerfed beyond belief, w/ teams of 6 Megas running around. You won't be able to do very much against stall mons w/ a mega stone- sucker punch won't hit at all if they don't attack, and steel, while suddenly useful, still only hits a few targets. So basically, you're left with low kick for a lot of things, and attempting to sweep w/ virtually no stab is rarely that effective. Some dreams aren't meant to be...

I think the best of these is definitely raikou. For some reason, I guess I never considered the fact that mane is basically just a bad raikou in its base form. Manectite has a lot of cool possibilities.
LOL My bad, I keep thinking that it's +60, -60, +60, -60, +60. Should probably slow down to read more often.

You're right, yeah. I'm gonna keep trying to find better abusers of Metagrossite though. Will look more into later.

Yeah, Manectite seems pretty interesting for a lot of special attackers that like Pivoting in and out. If only more somewhat bulky Pokemon got Volt Switch... However, Rotom-W is an okay abuser, having 50/127/127 bulk, a form of recovery in pain split, and 2 weaknesses in Grass and Ground, only one of which being particularly prominent.

Your Sig reminded me Chesnaught is something that hasn't been brought up much.
Chesnaught @ Sablenite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
(88/117/172/94/125/34)
I think it kinda speaks for itself, really. Incredibly bulky.

Yeah, Manectite seems pretty interesting for a lot of special attackers that like Pivoting in and out. If only more somewhat bulky Pokemon got Volt Switch... However, Rotom-W is an okay abuser, having 50/127/127 bulk, a form of recovery in pain split, and 2 weaknesses in Grass and Ground, only one of which being particularly prominent.
I'd go for Zapdos or Mew if you want a Volt Switcher with recovery. They both have decent bulk, solid typings, Mew has a completely nutty movepool, and Zapdos gets STAB on Volt Switch.

Also, there was some discussion a while back about khangaskanite (lol no idea how to spell that), and wether or not it is just pure busted. I believe it was Ghoul King showed how unimpressive it really is. Not saying it's bad, there is NO way that's true, but it might not be as busted as it sounds on paper. I think maybe a suspect should take place. there are mons that have other mega stones that work with them incredibly well- often better than their own. These are frequently way better combinations than kanga could wish for. It very well could be straight up just broken, but I'm not entirely convinced.
Yeah that was me. Kangaskhanite is definitely good, and may prove to be legit broken, but I just disliked the automatic assumption that it was broken because reasons.

Time for something a little bizarre (starting with a low-tier mon)

Registeel @ Cameruptite
Typing: mono-Steel, no change
Ability: Clear Body -> Sheer Force
Base stats: 80/75/150/75/150/50 -> 80/95/180/115/180/30
IVs and EVs: presumed 31s IV, no idea on EVs
Nature: probably one that boosts a defensive stat

Basically this is a wall that can bite back fairly hard when you hit it. I'm thinking a Rest-talker; it has just enough of a special movepool to be able to hit a good number of things hard. Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, (STAB) Flash Cannon, Seismic Toss for fixed damage if more defensive investment is desired...

80/180/180 bulk with mono-Steel typing is hardly to be sneered at. Especially if it's mostly-invested or fully-invested. It doesn't care about the speed loss since it would probably have been going second anyhow.
I'd rather run it with Sablenite anyway. You get 200/200 Defense/Special Defense and Magic Bounce for screwing with everybody. You don't hit as hard base, but Registeel is overall more competent as a Physical attacker, especially since it gets Curse, and the bulk is just nutty.

Latiasite is another option that covers your Ground weaknesses, though it's a bit less min-maxy.

Scizorite is another interesting option, providing 40 Defense, 20 Special Defense, and Technician makes Metal Claw actually a competent attack that's essentially impossible to PP stall and has a shot of raising your Attack on every hit. If you're in it for the long haul and running Resttalk anyway, it could be quite good.

Heck, Lopunnite could be an interesting surprise -it doesn't do anything for your defenses, but Fighting is a nice type to add to Steel and Scrappy Superpowers (Or Power Up Punch!) could be really nice.

Don't forget Tyranitarite. 190/170 isn't as good defensively, but how about 105 Atk and sand, although that may not be as useful due to being weak to Ground. (Also Steelixite; see my post above.) There are a ton of options available, and this Regi, at least, has a definite spot in this meta.

Yeah that was me. Kangaskhanite is definitely good, and may prove to be legit broken, but I just disliked the automatic assumption that it was broken because reasons.
Those are my thoughts exactly. I guess I just feel like it's not so broken in practice as it is on paper.
Now, what I do think would without a doubt be absolutely busted is ditto w/ kangaskanite. It could come in on any offensive threat, transform, then mega, so it's basically a sweeper that can hit from both sides of the spectrum and has basically choice specs and choice band at the same time, w/o locking it into a move. It provides a boost to both Atk and SpA, so it'd work really well. It also provides a small boost to speed, which is really good too. Other than that, most, or at least many, powerful moves have some drawback, i.e., V-create's stat drop, that's doubled for just an additional 50% increase in power. Accuracy works in a similar manner- the odds that you will hit two fire blasts is only 72.25%. Possibly less- I feel like I might be missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)