Ladder Mix and Mega

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Man, I wish this meta was still here. Was one of my favorites... Good memories abusing Banettite Smeargle lol.

This metagame, honestly, was on of the best metagames and OMotM's I have ever played. It was a lot of fun while it lasted in Showdown. To whoever wants to keep playing this, this is playable in different formats from challengs on rom.psim.us. Must be a metagame server

-TenucSkenuck

What are people thinking for mega stone on Volcanion?

The Orbs would be promising, but each locks you out of one of your STAB moves. I'm thinking Absolite (for being Absolite) and Pidgeotite (all of your moves are slightly inaccurate, and the boost in SpA is nice). Manectite also boosts provides Intimidate, which combos well with your alread-solid bulk.

Reactions: nv
What are people thinking for mega stone on Volcanion?

The Orbs would be promising, but each locks you out of one of your STAB moves. I'm thinking Absolite (for being Absolite) and Pidgeotite (all of your moves are slightly inaccurate, and the boost in SpA is nice). Manectite also boosts provides Intimidate, which combos well with your alread-solid bulk.
Cameruptite also seems like it would be promising as both of Volcanion's main STABs (Fire Blast and Steam Eruption) and some of its coverage moves (Earth Power, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb, etc.) have secondary effects and Volcanion's stats are already skewed towards being a bulky special attacker so it can use the boosts that Cameruptite offers effectively. Losing the burn chance on Steam Eruption kind of sucks, but it hits extremely hard and relatively accurately in return.

Alternatively, there's... Slowbronite, I guess? Volcanion seems like the sort of Pokémon that would be able to use only a few different Mega Stones effectively, but use them very well.

Reactions: nv
I wouldn't waste any time on trying to boost Volcanion's poor Speed much, so Absolite is a no-go in my book. Pidgeotite wastes a little much in Speed for my tastes, but I'll give it a pass for the huge amount of power is grants. Ultimately, I think it would best like Cameruptite, which is pretty much perfectly suited for it, although Sablenite might be a decent idea for the pure bulk it gives (but I would rather give it to something else).

I actually have something to share right now, so Wynaut? Mewtwonite-X Trevenant! Its pre-mega ability, Frisk, is pretty useful first-turn, as it allows you to scout your opponent's set to make your next move. It has a great offensive typing that led me to checking it out in the first place, the coveted Ghost/Fighting type! While Shadow Claw leaves something to be desired, for a bulky thing like Trevenant I wouldn't choose much at all over Drain Punch. Leech Seed, Magic Coat, and Will-o-Wisp allow it to also have some support capabilities WHILE doing massive damage, since you clearly don't need any more coverage.

Absolite puts Volcanion at 110 Speed, which is a decent Speed tier in MnM, actually. Main thing to me is that Magic Bounce seems a little limited in utility for it, much more so than stuff like Manectite's Intimidate.

Cameruptite Volcanion seems like the overall best choice for it, though, particularly since it's not a Stone with a lot of competition. I could maybe see an argument for Lucarionite, even though it wastes a fair amount of points into Attack -the Ability provides a similar degree of damage boost to Sheer Force while still keeping the chance of a Burn, if you care.

Though the Lati's Mega Stones could maybe be interesting. Ground immunity is useful to it. Not fantastic, but useful.

Also worth commentary is that it has Explosion. It would be really silly, but it could output an -ated Explosion. Probably a lure set sort of thing in practice, if that, but something to keep in mind if it's in front of you and hasn't Mega Evolved yet.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
It's not the best lure, and I doubt it'd even be worth using, but Lucarionite Volcanion can hit Sablenite Blissey with an almost 2hko uninvested, which has some potential.

0 Atk Adaptability Volcanion Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 430-508 (60.2 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Adaptability Volcanion Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Blissey: 234-276 (32.7 - 38.6%) -- 4.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Explosion lures would function similarly. Unfortunately, Cameruptite needs some investment to get these numbers (though do you really need max HP?)

You forgot to put this on S-Tier
I use it all the time and it works like a charm, somehow.
Banette @ Pinsirite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 sp.def
Adamant Nature
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Gunk Shot
-Shadow Sneak

When it Mega Evolves, it becomes Ghost/Foghting type. This is good against things like Landorus-T with Lopunnote because the fighting moves still don't hit for barely anything, and then Banette just delivers a hammer blow with return.
I think it's better bulky, since most things this Metagame outspeed this god. You have Gunk shit for coverage and anything @ altarianite as long as it's not steel. It really ONLY does to steel in which case it might have a secondary typing that this Banette likes, or which do the switch-out move.

You forgot to put this on S-Tier
I use it all the time and it works like a charm, somehow.
Banette @ Pinsirite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 sp.def
Adamant Nature
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Gunk Shot
-Shadow Sneak

When it Mega Evolves, it becomes Ghost/Foghting type. This is good against things like Landorus-T with Lopunnote because the fighting moves still don't hit for barely anything, and then Banette just delivers a hammer blow with return.
I think it's better bulky, since most things this Metagame outspeed this god. You have Gunk shit for coverage and anything @ altarianite as long as it's not steel. It really ONLY does to steel in which case it might have a secondary typing that this Banette likes, or which do the switch-out move.
I missed this, and I apologize for that, but I really don't think this set is any good, much less s rank, for a couple of reasons.
First off, it takes your Pinsirite, a very valuable stone beloved by common mons such as Arcanine, Entei, and Zygarde.
Secondly, Bannete is still weak- while its flying attacks will do decent damage, all of its other moves will barely do anything.
Thirdly, it's slow- while priority does help mitigate this somewhat, it still is easily revenge killed and has no means to pressure switches. It has no setup, after all.
Fourth of all, it has common weaknesses to mons like Pidgeotite Gengar and Red Orb Raikou.
Finally, it has little to no defenses.

On a separate note, I'd like to nominate Hoopa-C for C+/B- rank. While it is outclassed by its other counterpart Hoopa-U for type changing stones, and the two cannot be run together, it has a nice niche. First off, it sports a neutrality to pixilate, which while not game breaking means that stones like Cameruptite can let it live an espeed. Secondly, it has perfect 120 bp coverage in Focus Blast and Shadow Ball, and while its slower then Gengar it hits quite a bit harder. It also has a nice, if niche immunity to Arceus' espeed and Terrakion's/Cobalion's close combats, allowing it to theoretically pivot in, especially on sets like Diancite that can actually speed tie their Lucarionite formes. It still has stab psyshock/psychic to threaten switches as well, while maintaining Hoopa-U's nice movepool that includes gems like nasty plot as well as great coverage. While it does have a 4x weakness to ghost and dark, the latter is fallen out of favor due to the loss of knock off as a threat (leaving only Weavile, Hoopa-U, the occasional Tyranitar, and sucker punch), while the former consists of Gengar and upposing Hoopa-C. It can even function as a better trick room user due to its better matchup vs priority and lower speed stat.

Calcs, for the record, of attacks Hoopa-C can live that Hoopa-U cant:
252 SpA Pixilate (Altarianite) Noivern Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD (regular) Hoopa: 195-229 (64.5 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Pixilate (Altarianite) Entei Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (manectite) Hoopa: 171-202 (56.6 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Pixilate (Altarianite) Entei Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (cameruptite) Hoopa: 232-274 (76.8 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk (altarianite) Pixilate Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (cameruptite) Hoopa: 196-232 (64.9 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Pixilate (altarianite) Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (manectite) Hoopa: 144-171 (47.6 - 56.6%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Pixilate (altarianite) Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (pidgeotite) Hoopa: 255-301 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Adaptability Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hoopa: 218-258 (72.1 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
while vs hoopa-u
252 SpA Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hoopa Unbound: 316-374 (104.9 - 124.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Its not a major niche, but its nice, has relatively low cost (it fulfills similar roles since it only has 20 less spa) and is worlds better than everything in the c-ranks (palkia, really?).

tl;dr- Hoopa for C+\B- with Cameruptite, Manectite, and Pidgeotite; possibly Diancite, Absolite,

Last edited:

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
I missed this, and I apologize for that, but I really don't think this set is any good, much less s rank, for a couple of reasons.
First off, it takes your Pinsirite, a very valuable stone beloved by common mons such as Arcanine, Entei, and Zygarde.
Secondly, Bannete is still weak- while its flying attacks will do decent damage, all of its other moves will barely do anything.
Thirdly, it's slow- while priority does help mitigate this somewhat, it still is easily revenges killed and has no means to pressure switches. It has no setup, after all.
Fourth of all, it has common weaknesses to mons like Pidgeotite Gengar and Red Orb Raikou.
Finally, it has little to no defenses.

On a separate note, I'd like to nominate Hoopa-C for C+/B- rank. While it is often outclassed by its other counterpart Hoopa-U for type changing stones, and the two cannot be run together, it has a nice niche. First off, it sports a nice neutrality to pixelate, which wile not game breaking means that stones like cameruptite can let it live an espresso. Secondly, it has perfect 120 bp coverage in Focus Blast and Shadow Ball, and while its slower then Gengar it hits quite a bit harder. It also has a nice, if niche immunity to Arceus' espeed and Terrakion's/Cobalion,s close combats, allowing it to theoretically pivot in, especially on sets like Diancite that can actually speed tie their location its formes. It still has stab psyshock/psychic to threaten switches as well, while maintaining Hoopa-U's nice movepool that includes gems like nasty plot as well as great coverage. While it does have a 4x weakness to ghost and dark, the latter is fallen out of favor due to the loss of knock off as a threat (leaving only Weavile, Hoopa-U, the occasional tyranitar, and sucker punch), while the former consists of Gengar and up posing Hoopa-C. It can even function as a better trick room user due to its better matchup vs priority and lower speed stat.

Tl;Dr- Hoopa for c+\b- with Diancite, Absolite, Cameruptite, Manectite, and Pidgeotite
Hoopa-U can no longer run Mega stones as it is now Ubers, meaning that Hoopa-C is slightly more Prominent, perhaps B

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
We on council discussed it, and it didn't seem ban worthy. This may change, but as of now Hoopa-U has actual counters available to all playstyles.
Isn't that just confusing considering this is Tier based and to just have one mon be an exception seems arbitrarily complicated

Isn't that just confusing considering this is Tier based and to just have one mon be an exception seems arbitrarily complicated
It's not tier based, though. What the tier list is is a guideline, a sort of starting space off which we made the meta game (or, well, ghoul king did). It hasn't been an ou meta game since we banned Slaking/Regigigas, or when we banned shadow tag. Things change in oms, and the same things aren't broken. Potentially this means that maybe we should urban some users from stones, but not without a reason to do so and none of them really stick out as adding anything or being not broken.
Basically, it isn't one exception, it's just the only exception the other way.

Hoopa Unbound has already proved that it isn't broken in Mix and Mega from when it was still an OU 'mon. To my understanding, Mix and Mega causes Hoopa Unbound's many flaws to become visible through its powerful threats - a poor typing, a bad stat spread, and a mediocre movepool. The metagame also has more than enough defensive and bulky threats to take it out. It hardly benefits from any new abilities, either.

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Volcanion @ Cameruptite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 212 HP / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power / Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast

Volcanion just got 80/140/150/170/120/50 + Sheer Force
Lol (and 44 EVs in Speed just outspeed Blissey Slowbronite and other 55 based uninvested)
Unfortunately this can't hit Blissey Sablenite, well nvm, Landorus T Mewtwonite X / Lopunnyte ftw
Focus is a useful option that allows it to hit this threat at least in switch and
(170 SpA against 175 SpD)
252+ SpA Sheer Force Volcanion Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 280-330 (39.2 - 46.2%) -- 24.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(170 SpA against 135 SpD, Slowbronite)
252+ SpA Sheer Force Volcanion Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 350-414 (49 - 57.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
And Max Speed

Last edited:

Volcanion @ Cameruptite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 248 HP / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast

Volcanion just got 80/140/150/170/120/50 + Sheer Force
Lol
Unfortunately this can't hit Blissey Sablenite, well nvm, Landorus T Mewtwonite X / Lopunnyte ftw
If you want to hit blissey, consider a mixed set with flare blitz. It isn't the greatest, but it's stab, physical, and sheer force boosted.

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you want to hit blissey, consider a mixed set with flare blitz. It isn't the greatest, but it's stab, physical, and sheer force boosted.
Yeah...but with 8 EVs in Atk (and Quiet) Volcanion can't even 2HKO Max HP and Def Bold Blissey, it doesn't have reliable recovery, then a full special set is still a best option imo, and let it run all its coverage greatest options, and it have Focus Blast
(Calc with 170 SpA against 175 SpD)
252+ SpA Sheer Force Volcanion Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 280-330 (39.2 - 46.2%) -- 24.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(Calc with 170 SpA against 135 SpD, Slowbronite's calc)
252+ SpA Sheer Force Volcanion Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 350-414 (49 - 57.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Cameruptite Volcanion is an absolute beast. 170 base Special Attack, twin 110 base power STABs that both get the Sheer Force boost and a solid movepool. And on top of that it takes hits really well too: 80/150/120 defenses are incredible for an offensive Pokémon. Just be sure to run 44 Speed EVs so you can outrun Slowbronite Blissey.

Kyurem is a Pokémon that I feel is under utilised. It can run a variety of mega stones: the Glalite turns it into a fearsome mixed wallbreaker with good speed; the Cameruptite turns it into an extremely powerful tank with bulk on par with Cresselia; the Aggronite turns it into a fearsome mixed wall. The latter in particular is suprisingly good - it has the same Defence as Skarmory but with almost double the base HP. And on top of that it has Filter.

252 Atk Lucarionite Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Aggronite Filter Kyurem: 288-342 (63.4 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Something like:

Type: Fighting / Steel
Stats: 144/150/110/40/80/50

Hariyama @ Aggronite
Ability: Thick Fat -> Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Belly Drum
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Bullet Punch/Ice Punch/Filler

Or:

Stats: 144/130/110/60/110/20
Hariyama @ Sablenite
Ability: Sheer Force -> Magic Bounce
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Belly Drum

?

Hariyama is my favourite Pokemon and I'd like it to take a spot in this meta. So, here are 2 sets. The first one is more offensive: we have Lucario's typing with STAB Heavy Slam from a massive 288.8 kg weight, Belly Drum, STAB priority Bullet Punch and STAB Close Combat. In the second one the Steel-type is lost, but it gains 120 kg instead, to reach the weight of 373.8 kg. Fake Out can make opponent suffer and same stabs as before.

Something like:

Type: Fighting / Steel
Stats: 144/150/110/40/80/50

Hariyama @ Aggronite
Ability: Thick Fat -> Filter
Careful Nature
- Belly Drum
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Bullet Punch/Ice Punch/Filler

Or:

Stats: 144/130/110/60/110/20
Hariyama @ Sablenite
Ability: Sheer Force -> Magic Bounce
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Belly Drum

?

Hariyama is my favourite Pokemon and I'd like it to take a spot in this meta. So, here are 2 sets. The first one is more offensive: we have Lucario's typing with STAB Heavy Slam from a massive 288.8 kg weight, Belly Drum, STAB priority Bullet Punch and STAB Close Combat. In the second one the Steel-type is lost, but it gains 120 kg instead, to reach the weight of 373.8 kg. Fake Out can make opponent suffer and same stabs as before.
Welcome to MnM! Sadly, I doubt heavy slam will be that useful- even 289 isn't that heavy. It'll be hard to get consistant damage, especially considering the fact that things like metagross and PDon exist. Furthermore, Hariyama's stats aren't that amazing, and it's types sport many common weaknesses like fire/ground or fairy/flying. It probably has a niche, but I don't see it being a top tier threat, especially seeing as lopunnite metagross exists.

Hey guys! I wanted to let you know Mix and Mega is going to be eligible for OMOTM September 2016 so be sure you get nice and hyped, because we're hoping for a landslide victory! Now, lets start some discussion here, I'm here to debate the following

I'm bad at wording myself, so stay with me :,)

What does Latiosite and Latiasite really do?

So currently Latiasite and Latiosite grant a attack, special attack, defence and special defence boost and grant you the ability levitate.

Dream_Latiasite_Sprite.png
Latiasite: 20+ Attack, 30+ Defence, 30+ Special attack, 20+ Special defence

Dream_Latiosite_Sprite.png
Latiosite: 40+ Attack, 20+ Defence, 30+ Special attack, 10+ Special defence

Now I'm speaking about this because I believe we haven't done this correctly, I don't think Latiosite and Latiasite grants Levitate, I think it just doesn't change your ability. So I'm here to suggest we update the description, Latiosite and Latiasite gives you a stat boost, but that's all it does. And to address other mega stones which grant you an ability you already have, pokemon like Scizor and Blaziken already have different abilities like Blaze and Light Metal, which turn into Technician regardless upon Mega evolving. So lets take a look, at a metagame where Latiosite and Latiasite doesn't change your ability to levitate...

Unaware
New Stat spread: 95/105/115/95/85/35 - Latiasite
New Stat spread: 95/90/103/125/110/60 - Latiasite

How would Unaware and Quagsire with their boosted stat effect the Mix and Mega Metagame. Unaware is probably the best ability for any stall team, the ability too bypass set up is godly. Honestly, stall sucks in Mix and Mega right now, and this is one of the ways we can make slower teams viable. This ladder is getting permanent ladder, shouldn't it atleast by a little balanced?

Gale wings
New Stat spread: 78/121/91/104/79/126 - Latiosite or 78/101/101/104/89/126 - Latiasite

How would a bulky and powerful Talonflame effect the metagame? How will the usually thriving glass cannons work with Talonflame present? Or perhaps Aerilate Entei will outclass it entirely? We don't know, but we'll see!

Regenerator

New Stat spread: 95/95/140/130/100/30 - Latiasite
New Stat spread: 79/140/100/140/100/121 Latiosite 79/120/110/140/110/121
New Stat spread: 100/120/155/140/70/50 Latiasite 100/140/145/140/60/50 Latiosite
New Stat spread: 114/105/100/115/100/30 Latiasite

Regenerator is always helpful when you lack leftovers. Without passive recovery it's very easy get widdled too the point where you can't sufficiently handle the opposing team, and generally that's the main cause of stalls downfall.

Contrary
New Stat spread: 75/95/125/105/115/113 Latiasite 75/115/115/105/105/113 Latiosite

Probably the best one, with this solid defensive and offensive boost Serperior will probably be a huge threat in the metagame, I very much doubt that it will be broken tough. The combination of Entei, Zygarde and Ho-oh should keep it in check!

Now, I want to say this clearly and this is my TL;DR:

Nothing specifies that Latiosite and Latiasite changes their ability to Levitate, so it is equally possible that what's actually happening here is that Mega Evolving doesn't effect their ability at all. Now, we can keep it the way it is, or we can try this. The more fun alternative as logically it's a 50/50. This wouldn't apply to something like Scizor, because it's preevolution can have Light metal, which still turns into Technician, so this would only effect Latiosite and Latiasite. Thoughts? As a council member I approve :,)

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey guys! I wanted to let you know Mix and Mega is going to be eligible for OMOTM September 2016 so be sure you get nice and hyped, because we're hoping for a landslide victory! Now, lets start some discussion here, I'm here to debate the following

I'm bad at wording myself, so stay with me :,)

What does Latiosite and Latiasite really do?

So currently Latiasite and Latiosite grant a attack, special attack, defence and special defence boost and grant you the ability levitate.

View attachment 66333 Latiasite: 20+ Attack, 30+ Defence, 30+ Special attack, 20+ Special defence

View attachment 66334 Latiosite: 40+ Attack, 20+ Defence, 30+ Special attack, 10+ Special defence

Now I'm speaking about this because I believe we haven't done this correctly, I don't think Latiosite and Latiasite grants Levitate, I think it just doesn't change your ability. So I'm here to suggest we update the description, Latiosite and Latiasite gives you a stat boost, but that's all it does. And to address other mega stones which grant you an ability you already have, pokemon like Scizor and Blaziken already have different abilities like Blaze and Light Metal, which turn into Technician regardless upon Mega evolving. So lets take a look, at a metagame where Latiosite and Latiasite doesn't change your ability to levitate...

Unaware
New Stat spread: 95/105/115/95/85/35 - Latiasite
New Stat spread: 95/90/103/125/110/60 - Latiasite

How would Unaware and Quagsire with their boosted stat effect the Mix and Mega Metagame. Unaware is probably the best ability for any stall team, the ability too bypass set up is godly. Honestly, stall sucks in Mix and Mega right now, and this is one of the ways we can make slower teams viable. This ladder is getting permanent ladder, shouldn't it atleast by a little balanced?

Gale wings
New Stat spread: 78/121/91/104/79/126 - Latiosite or 78/101/101/104/89/126 - Latiasite

How would a bulky and powerful Talonflame effect the metagame? How will the usually thriving glass cannons work with Talonflame present? Or perhaps Aerilate Entei will outclass it entirely? We don't know, but we'll see!

Regenerator

New Stat spread: 95/95/140/130/100/30 - Latiasite
New Stat spread: 79/140/100/140/100/121 Latiosite 79/120/110/140/110/121
New Stat spread: 100/120/155/140/70/50 Latiasite 100/140/145/140/60/50 Latiosite
New Stat spread: 114/105/100/115/100/30 Latiasite

Regenerator is always helpful when you lack leftovers. Without passive recovery it's very easy get widdled too the point where you can't sufficiently handle the opposing team, and generally that's the main cause of stalls downfall.

Contrary
New Stat spread: 75/95/125/105/115/113 Latiasite 75/115/115/105/105/113 Latiosite

Probably the best one, with this solid defensive and offensive boost Serperior will probably be a huge threat in the metagame, I very much doubt that it will be broken tough. The combination of Entei, Zygarde and Ho-oh should keep it in check!

Now, I want to say this clearly and this is my TL;DR:

Nothing specifies that Latiosite and Latiasite changes their ability to Levitate, so it is equally possible that what's actually happening here is that Mega Evolving doesn't effect their ability at all. Now, we can keep it the way it is, or we can try this. The more fun alternative as logically it's a 50/50. This wouldn't apply to something like Scizor, because it's preevolution can have Light metal, which still turns into Technician, so this would only effect Latiosite and Latiasite. Thoughts? As a council member I approve :,)
I said this in chat but I'll say it again here for all to see, I think that there's no reason to believe that Mega Lati@s are the only ones to break the pattern established by literally every other mega evolution, i.e. the Mega Ability always being the one taken (see Scizor and such always having Technician no matter the base form). This is testable in-game using Skill Swap or Entrainment on a base form Lati, mega evolving it, then seeing what ability it has.

I don't play so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)