Ladder Mix and Mega

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
Regigigas would be insane with a lopunnite: base 220 attack and 130 speed combined with 110/120/110 defenses, scrappy Stab Return/Frustration+Drain Punch. If megaevolution negates slow start then it is even more stupid. I mean, I don't want to give you the wrong impression. I think it would be really cool to use but at the same time it would be toxic for the meta. The same could also be said about Slaking and for this purpose I am going to assume that mega evolution does negate the base form's ability.
Slow Start is an effect that is applied when a Pokemon with Slow Start enters the battle. Regigigas will have to wait out the full Slow Start effect the first time it comes in and Mega Evolves, but wouldn't once it has Scrappy.

IIRC Truant checks if the Pokemon made a previous move while it had the Truant ability at the time the move is made in the turn order, so once Slaking mega evolves, Truant no longer checks its moves and affects its success.

Well, I don't know about MnM Doubles but I know Dragonite is actually laughable in regular Doubles so that might be worthy of a check. Cresselia I would honestly give it a hard no to unban. It's one of the better Pokemon in regular Doubles and I can see it being downright terrifying in MnM Doubles. Lucario might be worth a check because it's all around frail.
Dragonite is actually quite effective with Weakness Policy in Doubles, in no small part because hazards are less common. It's not at all unusual for it to get a Dragon Dance, get the Weakness Policy trigger, and murder at least one thing. Spreading status is also less common in Doubles -it's usually easier to just straight-up kill things than to go through the effort of crippling things. So Lum Berry Dragonite isn't as necessary, and the lack of such on MnM Dragonite isn't going to be missed as much.

Of course, this is MnM, but the ability to Dragon Dance while Multiscale ensures its survival and then Mega Evolve and Extreme Speed something is my point.

Regigigas might be worth a test. It doesn't get protect, and I'm not sure how slow start works with mega-evolving.
Cresselia is just nightmarish either way. The fact that it DOES take a +6 rock slide is pretty troubling, meaning you have to attack it with both 'mons.
Also, Cress isn't necessarily going to take the +6 hit in the first place. Many Cress run Trick Room, and with Sablenite/Audinite Cresselia's bulk, it can easily run, and support, a trick room team.
Slow Start clears away when the Ability is cleared. Unless MnM's code is really weird, Regigigas will be good to go first turn, only having to suffer through halved Speed for one turn.

If Cresselia is spending all its time healing itself and still losing more than 50% of its health, while its buddies are dying, it's an active liability.

252+ SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 204-242 (45.9 - 54.5%) -- 57.4% chance to 2HKO

Altarianite Hydreigon hitting Sablenite Cresselia. Unlike Standard, we don't need to assume Cresselia came in on something that can't do jack to it and got up a Calm Mind. That's just not how Doubles works.

252+ SpA Pixilate Hydreigon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 150-177 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Or it can dish out damage to Cresselia's ally while pressuring Cresselia, forcing it to keep healing itself as an incidental effect, rather than a dedicated attack.

The thing that makes Cresselia ban-worthy in MnM Singles is that it can set up and sweep while ignoring everything short of extremely powerful Physical Dark, Bug, or Ghost attackers that are also running setup, with basically only Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, and Mold Breaker providing any chance for a more stall-y team to do anything to it in, too. In Doubles, it's not going to be able to setup against offense, because it will be too busy healing itself, assuming it even survives, while stall is both less common in Doubles and different in Doubles. (I don't personally have a lot of experience playing Doubles stall, so I can't provide clear specifics, but it behaves rather differently than Singles stall)

The improved ability to run Trick Room is definitely worth commentary, especially since barring Mold Breaker you can't Taunt Sablenite Cresselia, demanding Fake Out to prevent first-turn Trick Room, but being an amazing Trick Room supporter =/= being broken.

I don't think it's THAT laughable in regular OU. It might not be the best but you can't actually make it work.

Besides, Extreme Speed isn't really as useful in Doubles as it is in Singles. In terms of -ate spam, I'm more concerned with/interested in -ate Hyper Voice from all the ridiculous special attackers now. Hyper Voice hits both opponents so you just put on a good stone on a Pokemon with a high special attack and be done with it. Something like Altarianite Hydreigon might prove interesting just to try out. It'll make yourself a nice Dark/Fairy type and give you a pretty good 165 base special attack. No speed increase but it won't need too much really.
Speed tiers are weird in Doubles, because you don't have the same room to maneuver for Dragon Dances but it's also much more realistic to get Tailwind support.

Priority is actually more useful in Doubles than in Singles, for letting you pick off a key target before anything moves. In Singles you can lean more on having the bulk to survive a hit and retaliate, or carrying a Focus Sash, or benefiting from Sturdy. Doubles makes all that unreliable: sure, you have the bulk to tank anything X Pokemon can take out, but you can't make any assumptions about what kind of partner it has, so that's not a hard-and-fast rule about being able to counter X in an actual match.

Hyper Voice is actually less common than you might think. There's a lot of good Special attackers that lack it, and a lot of the Pokemon that have Hyper Voice are kind of underwhelming as Special attackers, or underwhelming in some other way.

In terms of being a supporter, aside from Taunt shenanigans, I believe Cresselia might actually prefer Audinite. It gives it a decent supporting ability and great secondary typing. All you do is take your set, switch out the stones and replace Psychic with Moonblast.
Sablenite is superior for Trick Room, but as a general supporter Audinite is probably superior, particularly for stall teams, thanks to a useful added typing and the utility of Healer.

Regigigas would be insane with a lopunnite: base 220 attack and 130 speed combined with 110/120/110 defenses, scrappy Stab Return/Frustration+Drain Punch. If megaevolution negates slow start then it is even more stupid. I mean, I don't want to give you the wrong impression. I think it would be really cool to use but at the same time it would be toxic for the meta. The same could also be said about Slaking and for this purpose I am going to assume that mega evolution does negate the base form's ability.
Keep in mind Deoxys-Attack is legal in Doubles, and not even that good. Of course, Regigigas has actual bulk, so it's a different situation, but just being hilariously fast and insanely hard-hitting isn't actually a dealbreaker for Doubles.

Slow Start is an effect that is applied when a Pokemon with Slow Start enters the battle. Regigigas will have to wait out the full Slow Start effect the first time it comes in and Mega Evolves, but wouldn't once it has Scrappy.

IIRC Truant checks if the Pokemon made a previous move while it had the Truant ability at the time the move is made in the turn order, so once Slaking mega evolves, Truant no longer checks its moves and affects its success.
In both cases the Ability going away means the Ability goes away. Slow Start's effect vanishes if Slow Start is replaced, instantly, and Truant only applies if, you know, you have Truant. Otherwise Skill Swapping/Entrainmenting (Moxie from Pyroar is the popular choice) those two wouldn't be something people did in Doubles.

regigigas was legal for a while at the start of mnm's omotm period, the effect goes away as soon as it mega-evolves. or at least that's the way it was then.

Archeops @ Diancite

I can't think of a good set right now, but 200/172/170 offenses with virtual status immunity can be really good even if you're nearly as frail as Deoxys-A. Its benefits are Magic Bounce, higher Speed, a stronger offensive typing (though the Mega Stone hampers Acrobatics) and access to U-Turn.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Archeops @ Diancite

I can't think of a good set right now, but 200/172/170 offenses with virtual status immunity can be really good even if you're nearly as frail as Deoxys-A. Its benefits are Magic Bounce, higher Speed, a stronger offensive typing (though the Mega Stone hampers Acrobatics) and access to U-Turn.
Tbh, I'd still prefer using salamencite archeops, because 1. The ability archeops gains is massive in giving ita usuable,and powerful flying type STAB in return, as well as that+50 defense to help it tank some extreme speeds. 2. since it doesn't get that terrible -60/-60 to its defense, it doesn't to rely on a focus sash that it cant hold.

Tbh, I'd still prefer using salamencite archeops, because 1. The ability archeops gains is massive in giving ita usuable,and powerful flying type STAB in return, as well as that+50 defense to help it tank some extreme speeds. 2. since it doesn't get that terrible -60/-60 to its defense, it doesn't to rely on a focus sash that it cant hold.
-40/-40 Actually. But I agree on the merits of Salamencite.

Thoughts for the meta and discussion topics:

Feint is already a decent move in doubles, it gets VERY strong here. The ability to prevent safe mega evolution is HUGE, and not to be underestimated.

Galladite is actually usable here. It provides solid boosts, and prevents Fake Out from stopping a safe Mega or sweep.

Abomasite gets a nice boost in viability. It allows users and allies to spam Blizzard, a double target move with impunity, and allows a user to have bulk over speed(and also get freeze hax).

I feel like Zap cannon is fine for an unban, guaranteed paralysis isn't broken without DynamicPunch.(also if damaging paralysis was broken then pachurisu would've been banned har har har)

Blizzard as a whole becomes more viable for No guard users to have a Dual-Targeting move that won't miss.

Both Latiosite and Latiasite get viability points for granting EQ immunity among other things.

Depending on mechanics, Ion Deluge has potential to be devastating if it interferes with -ate abilities, if not, then Electric types with Hyper voice could benefit from it.

Entrainment/Skill swap actually sound viable here. Don't like the ability, but love the stats? Give/swap the Ability! A great one could be skill swapping Prankster from Banetite and Magic Bounce from Sablenite. Both users of the abilities benefit.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Since I'm too lazy to get my RMT done for my 1K I'll just post some cool sets here :D
And 2 sample teams I used ages ago cuz wynaut

Sadly this set is no longer legal but it was fun so I'll post it

Regice @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

This was a very fun set I used as a late game cleaner for a while, pre-Zap Cannon ban ofc. It was one of the best abusers of Pidgeotite imo, able to boost its subpar speed and spam better BoltBeam. Focus Blast is nice coverage, and 165 SpA is no joke, as Mega Gardevoir has taught us :p I prefer Modest for the power boost, and everything it fails to outspeed at +2 isn't that relevant, but you can go Timid to outspeed Diancite base 110s+ (like Gengar or Latios). Not much to say since you can't use it anymore, but it was fun while it lasted :]

Now, just before the Dynamic Punch/Zap Cannon ban, Mew was on literally 7 out of 8 teams so here's what I used to counter it :D It is still legal, but it's only role was to set Rocks and beat Mew tbh, so I wouldn't advise using it. It can bash stuff around, but there are better mons for that :/ Go right ahead and use it if you want to tho

Golurk @ Venusaurite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Again, not too complicated, not much to say @_@ This was a pretty cool set, as by virtue of it's typing, Golurk is immune to both of Zap Cannon and Dynamic Punch. Venusaurite allowed it to tank Blizzards, and Shadow Punch is the STAB you use to 2HKO Mew while it can't 2HKO you with Blizzard, even after Rocks. Stealth Rock gave it something to do against people without Mew (lol they were few and far between) and EdgeQuake is just good coverage when you have nothing else to do. Overall not the best set, but it was able to beat one of the most common things in the meta which was fun :D

Yay Serp is viable I swear

Serperior @ Sceptilite
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Glare / Taunt

So this is a gimmick, but it's really fun :]]] You bring it in on something you outspeed, get a boost or two with Leaf Storm, then mega evolve. You gain a good typing and STAB on Dragon Pulse, which you can then spam alongside Giga Drain at +2 or +4. Glare allows you to cripple fast and frail mons, while Taunt lets you demolish stall. Watch out for bouncers tho

So this begins the tale of my search for a rocker that counters Keldeo. The first mon I came up with for this job was Red Orb Clefable, a very neat, underrated set that actually hits with surprisingly decent power.

Clefable @ Red Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

This is another really simple one to understand e.e Red Orb makes Scald/Hydro Pump evaporate and it will take Secret Sword all day long. It sets Rocks (which my team needed), hard counters Keldeo, disrupts opposing weather which is always fun, and it hits like a fucking truck. Max special attack boosted to base 145 with strong STABs in Moonblast and Fire Blast (which is also boosted by Sun :o) makes it an incredible wallbreaker. Has use on every team that is weak to Keldeo, and even if you aren't it's still a neat wallbreaker. You can also run Calm Mind over Stealth Rock, just my team needed rocks more.

Mew @ Ampharosite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

This was my second set I used as a Keldeo counter and Rocker, and the one I settled on. It can easily handle Keldeo, set Rocks, and also burned Skarmory for my -ates, wearing it down easier. 8 SpA OHKOs Pidgeotite Keldeo after Stealth Rock and 1 Spike, and 2HKOs bulky PDon after Rocks and 1 Spike (I used it on a spike stack team so this was a reasonable benchmark for me to hit). The rest is tossed into HP and SpD to give me a solid special wall. Forms an excellent core alongside your own Skarmory.

-->

Noivern @ Salamencite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Victini @ Red Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Blue Flare
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

Togekiss @ Aggronite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam

Ferrothorn @ Blue Orb
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Altarianite
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Entei @ Pinsirite
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head / Bulldoze

NOTE: Dnite is banned now so replace it with this set
Zygarde @ Altarianite
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Superpower

This was fun team I built around Salamencite Noivern before MnM became OMotM. It is actually really bulky, and checks Victini really well. It's Boombursts hit offense hard, and it is a neat pivot for getting chip damage on walls. Sleep Talk allows it to check mons like Ninetales and Gengar that use Hypnosis. Red Orb Tini was the hype at this point as an excellent wallbreaker. I went mixed to lure physical walls like a boss, this was a very strong set. Next came Aggronite Togekiss, a set introduced to me by my buddy thdhted and a pretty good ate wall, other than Entei e.e Ferrothorn countered Entei and set Rocks, and spread Leech Seed for some recovery and annoyance. All these mons were built around banging stuff up and supporting a DNite sweep, while having a solid defensive core. Sadly, DNite is now banned, but Zygarde works pretty well too. Entei was the final mon as a great revenge killer and wallbreaker.

-->

Gourgeist @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Phantom Force

Heatran @ Latiasite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Lucario @ Altarianite
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Zygarde @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Mew @ Ampharosite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Victini @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Inferno
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

This team was built around Luc, which is now banned, so try Entei :/

Entei @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze

Anyway, Lucario was a huge threat to stall, with STAB Pixi boosted ESpeed to demolish unprepared offense as well. Entei can't boost sadly, but it's still a great mon and burns still hurt stall and it has more unboosted power. Gourgeist and Heatran form the defensive backbone of the team, able to take on most -ates. Phantom Force and Protect on Aggronite help stall for WoW/Leech Seed damage and seeds recovery. This thing has actually won me a couple games all on its own due to the passive damage lmao. Heatran can check Entei with proper prediction. I added Mew to support the team and stallbreak very effectively. Victini is a great mon with many viable sets, and spamming Inferno is fun. This can be a huge threat to balanced and slower offensive teams, and even stall, as nothing appreciates 100% burns from a high powered attack. The burns also give it surprisingly decent bulk against physical attackers, and it makes a great partner to -ates, as no Steel-type likes the Inferno/Focus Blast combo, especially from 165 SpA, and never missing. Zygarde was my second -ate and late game sweeper.

Pretty simple teams to use that I made near the start of the month, and decided to drop them here since they're pretty decent but I've moved on to using another team that is way better imo (gonna make an RMT of it !_!) and I don't think there are many sample teams, so yeah :]

And now cuz this is my 1K, some shoutouts to people who have made my time here fun and enjoyable :D

MadMayMason you're such an amazing friend bro, we really should talk more though :[ School sucks for that rip

Snaquaza one of my best friends here, aqua is amazing, and playing with you is always fun, even if I don't know anything about the meta 3/4s of the time rofl

Tux Victini Franky391 cool mono people I should talk more with :[

Zangooser thanks for getting me into AG bud, couldn't have succeeded so quickly without your help and you're a pretty cool guy for all my joking around, I'll post those teams soon ;]

Ransei gratz on promotion buddy, you've been a great, helpful person for longer than I can remember :) Always fun talking to you and watching you ladder on your many many many alts ;-;

Hack_Guy thanks for telling me how to IVs and breed and stuff a while ago :D Shame I hardly ever see you online anymore, you're a really cool guy who I enjoy talking with :(

Deathly ♛The King special shoutout for being rly nerd at TS and losing to me 3 times out of 3 even tho I'm bad xd. Also thanks for the artwork fren, it will be seen in my upcoming RMT :o

QueBien You should come online more :[[[[[

OM people who welcomed me and made me love my time here:
E4 Flint SpartanMalice Eevee General The Immortal ellipse Leafshield aesf Lcass4919 jeran The Reptile Dream Eater Gengar unfixable baconbagon Kingslayer2779 Adrian Marin Kl4ng (even if you guys do use stall :^) ) lordmagecar (the oft-drunk idiot :^] )ScorrchingTheaph imas234 Piccolo Daimao Uselesscrab dusk raimon Pikachuun Cobalion. Betathunder Dr. Phd. BJ Illusio FishInABox

Ik some of you are RIP but you're still cool

Some mono people from my time there, even if I didn't talk to you much I still respect you and you guys are cool :>

Anttya Acast Dirpz Sae Sae Omega-Xis14 scpinion (you've done a shitton of work for mono and come a long way since i've known you and I admire that, keep up the great work dude) BlackSchwan (I should talk to you more often e.e) Freeroamer Articuno I (you're fun to talk with and you do OMs too so you're cool :o) Bondie Wyn SirSkit vanderlylic E-Series 1B

Mix and Mega people:
Ghoul King thdhted MaestroDeSWAG AllJokesAside xJownage It's been fun serving on a council with you, creating/updating the VR with you, or just theorymonning and battling with you on Aqua pre-OMotM and on main afterwards :)

Miscellaneous cool people:
Recreant Patolegend! GnralLao Salemance Valmanway OU Theorymon is cool :] Also Valmanway, you've made some really cool metas, like SEmons and NGG o-o

Snobalt you tagged me in your 1.5k so I'll tag you too

Jajoken another guy with a lot of creative, fun OMs to his name, thanks for adding me to the Gods and Followers council dude

jackm ^ that minus the council bit, your OMs/Pet Mods are neat :p

Drayden8437 TheHungrySage Megazard Gunner Rohan HunterStorm You do AG so you're cool

Joshz ur an ned, y u quit best part of the site smh

Fluke keep up the great work in the intro thread dude, you seem pretty cool and I should talk with you sometime, I just never see you online @_@

Brawl MK your tour was fun :}

Rumplestiltskin you're cool and edgy for using stall in 1v1

Scyther no Swiping haven't talked with you much but you're on my mono team tour team and you're cool too

Jaguar360 You are a great contributor to many OMs and Pet Mods, keep it up dude :]]]

Chopin Alkaninoff You should teach me how to inverse y/y

Anybody else who I forgot ;-;

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Guys, what do you think is better, Pidgeotite or Salamencite Noivern?

Noivern @ Pigeotite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-Turn
- Boomburst / Sleep Talk / Draco Meteor

OR

Noivern @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- U-Turn
- Sleep Talk / Focus Blast / Roost

Honestly, Salamencite is probably better not so much out of a direct performance advantage -Aerilated Boomburst is noticeably stronger than Hurricane but this is counterbalanced by Pidgotite having A: more Special Attack and B: reliable Focus Blast coverage- but rather because Pidgeotite has some amazing other users, where Salamencite is a lot less likely to have a different team member that would rather have it. You basically need to either be an amazing abuser of Flying STAB (Among other points, you have to be a Flying type natively) or for some reason become perfect with good Flying coverage for Salamencite to be worth using on a given 'mon.

---

Why do threads keep un-following for no reason? I only caught these two posts because I happened to manually check the forum.

Why do threads keep un-following for no reason? I only caught these two posts because I happened to manually check the forum.
What a coincidence! I only caught these two posts because I happened to manually check the forum. (Actually it was via the Unread Watched Threads page; normally I rely on the Latest Alerts page, but there were none today. I suspect the forum stops alerting you to a thread if you haven't contributed sufficiently recently.)

You stop getting alerts for new posts if you didn't check the thread on the last alert, I don't think I've ever posted in this thread but I just got an alert from the above post

Yoo! It's time to do a revival post!

So for the new players Mix and Mega is a metagame where any pokemon can equip any mega stone, and then Mega evolve with said Mega stone, gaining new abilities, typing and stats! Of course, this leads to some pretty powerful stuff, so it's an ubers based metagame. Without further chit-chat, lets showcase some sets!

716.png

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 164 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Xerneas is excellent in Ubers, so no reason for it too be worse here. Geomancy is still very powerful, and it's ability to quickly turn the tide of a game is something truly too be cherished. It's got a very versatile move pool, but this is standard and usually hits the mosts

490.png

Manaphy @ Absolite
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Manaphy is something that is being suspected, and it might also be banned! It's two biggest problems in OU was that it lacked power right of the bat, and being relatively slow. In Mix and Mega it can carry Absolute, giving it 140 in both speed and special attack, and giving it an awesome ability! Another option is Sceptilite!

094.png

Gengar @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hypnosis

Previously competition with Mew before the Zap cannon/Dynamic punch ban, Gengar now leads the way in one of the best Pidgeotite users! Having 100% accurate Focus blasts and Hypnosis, while also gaining 65 special attack and 20 speed makes it a force to reckoned with!

647.png

Keldeo @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Keldeo had a problem with its shitty ability in OU, in Mix and mega it gains Adaptability! Not a lot too say as it functions pretty much the same except it now destroys common switch ins! Try it out!

242.png

Blissey (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Blissey and other stall mons really appreciate gaining new abilities and stats, Sablenite is an excellent Mega stone, giving 50 too both defences and Magic bounce! Slowbronite and Venusairite are also both excellent stones

383-p.png

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Spe
Brave Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Primal Groudon is the god of Ubers... And it's the God of Mix and mega. It's by far the best Red Orb user as it gains pretty much anything it wants! Try it out, it's very very consistent!

I'm looking forward to playing with you in February!

VOTE MIX AND MEGA

Yoo! It's time to do a revival post!

So for the new players Mix and Mega is a metagame where any pokemon can equip any mega stone, and then Mega evolve with said Mega stone, gaining new abilities, typing and stats! Of course, this leads to some pretty powerful stuff, so it's an ubers based metagame. Without further chit-chat, lets showcase some sets!

I'm looking forward to playing with you in February!

VOTE MIX AND MEGA
Good to see some interest in the meta again!

I will mention that Red Orb is also pretty amazing on Togekiss, allowing it to have STAB on fire blast, as well as making it a pretty decent StallMon.

Lucarionite Terrakion might not be top tier anymore, but it's still a massive threat with Adaptability boosted STABs and access to Swords Dance to easily sweep teams.

And of course, one of my personal favorites is Sablenite Mew. Higher Special Attack, access to Wil-O-Wisp, and a variety of coverage options allow it to easily clear out unprepared teams and makes an excellent win condition.

Kyurem's a great mon in Mix and Mega, with decent Speed, solid bulk,great attack stats and great versatility. Observe:

Kyurem @ Glalite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Return
- Earth Power
- Roost / Focus Blast / Hyper Voice

115 Speed, 170/170 attack stats, Glalite Kyurem is a monster wallbreaker.

Kyurem @ Cameruptite
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roost

Nice bulky attacker. Cameruptite gives it an epic 170 base SpA with Sheer Force as well as 125/120/120 bulk - similar to Cresselia. EVs let you outrun uninvested base 85s.

Kyurem @ Altairanite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roost

Similar to the last set, but exchanges Ice typing which is awful defensively, for Fairy, which is awesome. Hyper Voice is a 117 power STAB thanks to Pixilate.

Kyurem @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Toxic

Fancy turning Kyurem into a wall? 125/140/110 defences with Filter make it extremely hard to KO. This thing can endure a Close Combat from Lucarionite Terrakion, an Earthquake from Altarianite Landorus-T and a +3 Ice Beam from Absolite Manaphy.

Last edited:
Can definitely vouch for Kyurem. Has a bunch of viable sets, and felt pretty unexplored as a pokemon in general. Posseses great pre-mega stats, a movepool that's pretty shallow, but has JUST enough options to do work. It's downside? A mediocre speed and crummy typing. But Multiple megastones fix one or both problems. Cameruptite Kyurem hits like a truck, and has bulk to back it up, making it a solid wallbreaker, albeit one that has problems with Terrakion(common) and Pixilate(very common); however, very very few things can switch in on it. Aggronite Kyurem is actually something I experimented with early on in the metagame, it possesses a pretty unique typing, and recovery, alongside great bulk, but it's horribly weak against Terrakion and Red Orb Victini, two things that popped up on the ladder a bunch. But with a bit of support, it worked pretty well as a status spreader/phaser.
Alterianite Kyurem suffers from one thing, and one thing alone: it competes for said slot. Excellent typing, solid offenses, and recovery to boot. But, as per usual, people prefer the company of an ate-speeder. But for those who do wish to use it, I can definitely recommend it. Just watch out for opposing -ate users.

Reactions: OM
Tbh I'm going to nominate Cobalion for A+/S, and that might seem like a big jump, but it's for good reason. Cobalion with a Pinsirite gives it some very nifty tools! What it becomes it a pseudo AAA skarmory. It becomes Steel + Flying, an amazing typing but what is huge is the weakness shift. You lose the fighting weakness and the ground weakness giving you very easy times setting up! You're also a natural check to plenty of mons. Pokemon relying on -ate + Eq are now completely bodied and set up on. Flying + Steel is amazing. But this isn't just a defensive wall, it has ALL the tools of a top tier offensive mon! Your stat spread is now 91/120/149/100/92/128...

Too put that into perspective, what we have here is a pokemon that is as strong as Weavile, bulkier than Skarmory on the physical side and Mega Altaria on the special side, all the while you posess the special Attack of Manaphy and speed that surpasses Shaymin-sky.

It has absolutely excellent coverage in fighting + flying. You also have access to utility in stealth rock, taunt, volt switch, thunder wave all of which that can be effectively used for it to preform a number roles. It's got excellent synergy with the best pokemon in the tier, Primal Groudon, being immune to dons one weakness and don resist both of Cobalions. It's also extremely difficult to prevent it from sweeping, resisting almost all priority and having access to taunt.

I made a team with this pokemon and went 41-0 with it... It's still undefeated to this day. And I beliebe cobalion is one of the best pokemon in the tier. I have rarely seen such a consistantly useful pokemon in the tier.

Last edited:
I like it. Though I have to ask, what set do you run on it? It seems like it's rather vulnerable to bulky Fire types (particularly Red Orb Togekiss and PDon). Other than that, it definitely looks like a top tier mon despite it's rather average attack stat. This only proves what I said about the meta not having developed enough when we've got potential threats like this hidden in plain sight.

Kinda inspires me to look at some of my old teams and dredge up some threats that were rather underrated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)