M&M Mix and Mega Suspect #1: Cresselia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunGunJ

El patrón del mal
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, this is what i think about TheMoonDuck: I am not going to repeat the anti-ban arguments, so, i think that the people look at Cress like they do to stall, i mean, some people when see a stall team say ''oh no, dear god, why do you do this to me?'', and i think that they do the exact same thing with Cress. The Duck is a very good defensive Pokemon, and unlike others, it has offensive presence. It helps the metagame to not be in a ''clown fiesta'', and i dont think that if we ban other mons Cress will be broken. With that said: Don't Ban Cress. Duck Dinasty.

YoBerryThiefDucks.png

M&M ranking.png

This... took a while...

Shout outs to sin(pi) and M'joe'ra for destroying my team every single time we fought.

Cresselia is very, VERY bulky, able to wall out teams just on it's own. It's certainly beatable with the right composition, but even with that it forces people to bring a few checks/counters to it, and it doesn't even die to them. (Golisopod only doing around 1/3 to Cresselia with First Impression made me cry.) Also, since it carries Sablenite every single time, it can reflect rocks and status effects like Toxic, which makes it very hard to kill.

Since it stops the fast paced Mix and Mega and being a huge threat on it's own, I'm going to vote for BANNED.

This took forever.
Identifying as: Ducks of Wrath

Verdict: DO NOT BAN
Reasoning: Cress is really bulky and can be a potent win-condition once its checks are cleared. However, it's not unbeatable. Sets such as mixed Blue Orb Genesect can muscle through Cresselia, give Skarmory trouble with Thunder, give Zapdos trouble pre-mega with Ice beam etc. I'm pretty terrible at this meta, granted. But, I don't think Cress is bad for the meta as a whole. Anyhow, blah, blah - literally I'm just reiterating what was said by most of the non-banners.

e: I don't know why it keeps making two hide tags. The second hide tag has my reqs.

Still deciding how to vore looking through the thread, will edit
my ream is in the hidden tab, idk how to fix it lol sorry for being a nub on posting

EDIT: Realized I ran no HP ev's on Rhyperior the entire time lol
DECISION: I have decided to vote DO Not Ban Mainly because I feel like the meta right now is very hyper offensive, which is fine, but having Cress adds some variety and helps full HO teams not get a complete sweep all the time. Also, the fact the it is not that much more drastically bulky then other mons in the Meta.
As far as the team I used here it is
Tapu Koko @ Lucarionite
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
Genesect @ Pinsirite
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Gunk Shot
Pheromosa @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
Volcarona @ Red Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Solar Beam
- Roost
Rhyperior @ Scizorite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
Dragonite @ Glalitite
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

ladder 2.png
ladder.png

As far as the team I used here it is
Tapu Koko @ Lucarionite
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
Genesect @ Pinsirite
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Gunk Shot
Pheromosa @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
Volcarona @ Red Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Solar Beam
- Roost
Rhyperior @ Scizorite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
Dragonite @ Glalitite
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Last edited:

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I would like to vote Do Not Ban, mostly because Cresselia's eight Moonlight PP are not all that hard to stall out, Mold Breaker is easily available via Gyaradosite, and at any rate this is an *Ubers* format. It's hard for me to argue that Mega Cresselia is better than Primal Groudon, Arceus, etc.

Deagle M40

formerly iSeb

I would like to vote Do Not Ban, mostly because Cresselia's eight Moonlight PP are not all that hard to stall out, Mold Breaker is easily available via Gyaradosite, and at any rate this is an *Ubers* format. It's hard for me to argue that Mega Cresselia is better than Primal Groudon, Arceus, etc.

unfortunately u need duck in your name, which is dumb because of the new ladder but thats how it is unfortunately :[

If you can't wait so long, don't worry!

In roughly 11 hours the second Mix and Mega Suspect Tournament will begin In the Other Metas room at 11 PM UTC/GMT +1. Last week we spontaneously announced that the winner of that tournament would receive reqs and that went over well. We have a little more time on our hands now so I'm officially announcing that the winner of the Suspect Tournament today (23.12.16) will receive reqs for the Cresselia suspect tour! Has the winner already received reqs the semi finalists will receive it ect.

You will not receive reqs unless you save the replay of you winning!

Good luck!

I have 3000 coil :D, It's on the alt Bluewhiteduck2A.
I vote Do not ban Because Cresselia isn't that hard to counter with for example golisipod and other bug or dark types.

Cresselia: Ban

My decision for this suspect did not come easily. I did not get a chance to use Cresselia back when Mix and Mega first started in gen 6 nor did I use it much before this suspect so I have less personal usage experience to go off of. But, that does mean that I didn't fight any before this suspect or that I didn't do my research. Cresselia in my opinion best acts as a calm mind setup sweeper. Other sets such as toxic, screens, trick room or even lunar dance support all have some merit but are inferior to the cm set in my eyes therefore in every situation that I will mention the cresselia will be the calm mind setup sweeper set. When given a Sablenite Cresselia reaches exceptional bulk of 120/170/180 that of which is only rivaled by Blissey and even then Cresselia takes physical hits better if the Blissey is running Sablenite. In order to take down you will need to use one of three methods. The first is setting up physical attack boosts because Cresselia can beat most special setup attackers with its own boosts. I mention this part because the only time a special setup attacker will beat Cresselia is if it gets a head start in boosting, even then the head start has to be either huge or the pokemon is Hoopa-U, Darkrai, Manaphy or Xurkitree. Even then the latter two cannot always beat Cresselia unless they are running Blue Orb or Lucarionite when both of them will most of the time prefer running a stone that gives more speed such as Absolite.

Given a situation where both Cresselia and its opponent started boosting on the same turn.

+6 252 SpA Absolite Manaphy Scald vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Sablenite Cresselia: 165-195 (37.1 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+6 252 SpA Absolite Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Sablenite Cresselia: 256-303 (57.6 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Only Xurkitree can reliably break Cresselia if both start with no boosts. But the problem with this is that Cresselia can easily get calm minds off of other mons or a free switch due to how good its natural bulk is.

252+ Atk Aerilate Pinsirite Entei Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 117-138 (26.3 - 31%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Refrigerate Glailite Kyurem-Black Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 142-168 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 92.4% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactylite Regigigas Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 144-169 (32.4 - 38%) -- 96.3% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactylite Pheromosa Lunge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 176-210 (39.6 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252 Atk Pinsirite Genesect U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia: 186-222 (41.8 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

For the first three attacks Cresselia can heal off the hits and get back to full without much trouble, albeit Kyurem and Regigigas do force a lot of moonlight pp and don't take much from unboosted or low boosted attacks and I imagine that those two will be gone soon. Pheromosa doesnt even 2hko with Lunge and has a chance to get clean OHKOd by an unboosted psyshock. Finally Genesect only does that much at +1 and since it is mega'd it will lose those boosts after switching out, besides with most Cresselias running max hp and max defense Genesect will get a special download boost instead of a physical one. All of those calcs go to prove that the only sound way to beat Cresselia via pure damage is by boosting your physical attack stat and overpowering it from there.

The second way of beating Cresselia is to have a Blue Orb user since Primordial Sea's heavy rain reduces the amount of hp regained by moonlight thus neutering Cresselia's way of recovery beyond rest. Blue Orb gives the utility of a fire immunity and cancelling other weathers, which while it does come in handy, it is outclassed offensively by stones like Aerodactylite, Lucarionite and Pinsirite and does not give any boost to speed unlike the other stones thus limiting its viability on certain pokemon. The third and final way to beat Cresselia is to run a mold breaker toxic user. These sets are usually outclassed in almost every way outside of stallbreaking but are the 100% certain way of beating pokemon like Cresselia and Blissey especially if you are running taunt and recovery as well.

The issue with Cresselia is how difficult it is to take down combined with how easy it is for it to get boosts and either deal hefty damage to or sweep the opposing team. Because of all this I am voting that Cresselia should be Banned from holding megastones.

Last edited:
Got your reqs:

My vote:

BAN CRESSELIA

Cresselia is not a broken Pokemon. This is something I've seen the No Ban voters use as an argument, and I just don't get why. It's not a broken Pokemon, as it has checks and counters (does anything in this meta right now not?). The reason I am voting to ban Cresselia is the reason many voted to ban Mega Sableye in OU: despite having common checks and counters, Cresselia promotes an unhealthy playstyle, is able to check a big portion of the current metagame, and completely stops momentum and hyper offensive teams. 120/120/130 is absolutely terrific bulk, and is already one of the most overall bulky in the entire game. With a Sablenite, Cresselia reaches a fun 120/170/180 bulk, access to reliable recovery, access to Calm Mind, and a somewhat patched up Special Attack stat. This seems like the recipe for countering it with moves like Toxic or other methods of passive damage. My vote on this would be different if it weren't for the ability: Magic Bounce. Your initial reaction and thoughts of this statement might be "But everything can use Sablenite!"

Cresselia abuses Sablenite far greater than any other Pokemon, overcentralizes an unhealthy playstyle, and stops momentum, so for these reasons I am, again, voting to ban Cresselia from Mix and Mega.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

I did the whole run with the team pictured below, an AG Balance team with Sablenite over Leftovers on Magearna.

I can't really give an explanation for my vote other than Sablenite Blissey is annoying and I can only imagine Sablenite Cresselia is worse. That's my educated opinion right there.

Cute meta though, me gusta

Last edited:

Deagle M40

formerly iSeb

I did the whole run with the team pictured below, an AG Balance team with Sablenite over Leftovers on Magearna.

I can't really give an explanation for my vote other than Sablenite Blissey is annoying and I can only imagine Sablenite Cresselia is worse. That's my educated opinion right there.

Cute meta though, me gusta
Me gusta means I like in Spanish?

To make this not a meaningless post I'd like to change from do not ban to ban, as all these arguments, have made me change my mind after reading them.

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
I won the daily, also had a 32-2 record with over 3k Coil, just didn't bother with the duck alt.

Voting Ban, it's too easy to use and provides such a simple win con for teams that aren't prepared.

duckpond

There's no way
is a Tiering Contributor
got to 3000
coil cress.PNG
After playing a lot I think that, even if Cresselia has its counters and counterplays, it being gone gives way more freedom in teambuilding and makes viable other attackers, mostly physical.
Ergo I vote: Ban

Voting: Do Not Ban Cresselia.
The defensive spread boosted by Sablenite as well magic bounce and access to calm mind makes cresselia a potent wall however it is not unbeatable. Dark type Mons, specifically users of Gyradosite, can easily inflict status on cresselia and block its access to healing with taunt thereby crippling the pokemon. Additionally many powerful pokemon viable in the tier such as Pheremosa, Ghostium Arceus, Darkarai and Yvetal are able to OHKO one or 2HKO Cresselia. While Cresselia is an extremely bulky pokemon with an excellent defensive ability it's presence helps keep in check the hyper offensive nature of Mix n Mega. Its presence promotes the use of more creative sets and encourages the use of different types of pokemon in the Meta-Game. Because it helps to balance the offensive nature of the meta and encourages creativity I vote to not Ban Sablenite Cresselia.

Coil 3125
Milkbone

MILKBONE coil.jpg

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Quantum Tesseract Sample Team: Cataline Wine Mixer

Playstyle: Balanced Offense:
Detailed Info and Importable found in RMT
Quick info: An offensively oriented team centered around Pheromosa. The team went 50-0 on ladder, so I thought it was clearly good enough to sample to try to help other players learn the meta.

Also, this team got me reqs. Ik GoS said my vote doesn't count since I don't have duck in my name (even tho the ladder is literally suspect), but I figured I would use this post to throw my 2 cents into the subject anyway:

Ban Cresselia.

Let's just look at Cresselia's stats with Sablenite:
120 / 80 / 170 / 95 / 180 / 55
Yes, that is 120/170/180 bulk with Magic Bounce, Calm Mind + Psyshock (the best variant of CM as you beat other CMers) and recovery (albeit not the most reliable). This makes Giratina look like a Pheromosa, it's absolutely ridiculous and I am really not understanding the anti-ban arguments whatsoever. "You can check it" Yes, you can. You can also straight up get 6-0d really easily. Most of your "checks" get taken down if they come in at 50% hp. Another thing is, which for some reason you guys haven't talked about much, if at all, is Psychic is really good defensive typing since Knock Off is nonexistent in MnM. I would continue, but honestly the pro-ban side has been made really well already and at this point no one is changing their minds.

Voting: Do Not Ban Cresselia.
The defensive spread boosted by Sablenite as well magic bounce and access to calm mind makes cresselia a potent wall however it is not unbeatable. Dark type Mons, specifically users of Gyradosite, can easily inflict status on cresselia and block its access to healing with taunt thereby crippling the pokemon. Additionally many powerful pokemon viable in the tier such as Pheremosa, Ghostium Arceus, Darkarai and Yvetal are able to OHKO one or 2HKO Cresselia. While Cresselia is an extremely bulky pokemon with an excellent defensive ability it's presence helps keep in check the hyper offensive nature of Mix n Mega. Its presence promotes the use of more creative sets and encourages the use of different types of pokemon in the Meta-Game. Because it helps to balance the offensive nature of the meta and encourages creativity I vote to not Ban Sablenite Cresselia.

Coil 3125
Milkbone

View attachment 75576
Did you actually do any calculations? Almost none of these pokemon can even 2HKO Cress bar banded Yveltal(arceus can't actually bring down boosted cress and loses that after one shot.):

252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 248-294 (55.8 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 0 SpA Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 200-236 (50.8 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

AKA Calm Mind fodder.

I find a bunch of the "arguments" some people are posting a little ridiculous. Most of the "counters" they post are niche at best and some of them barely check it. Cresselia has no true counters, due to its obscene bulk and its common checks are easy to prepare for. Heck, Cress can't even be properly pursuit trapped due to it easily tanking it for only a third of its health. Most checks heavily rely on the Cress user either A: staying in, or B: not carrying T-Wave. Cresselia finds many, many opportunities to freely set up due to it quite literally walling everything that can't set up on it, or is packing Blue Orb. Heck, a big thing that kind of screams "it's not healthy for the meta" is the fact that it sweeps EVERY team not carrying dedicated check(s) to it simply due to almost zip being able to 2HKO it. Not to mention, Cresselia still has 5 other teammates that it can run away to if it feels(rarely) threatened. Simply carrying something that can spread burns makes it near impossible to stop cresselia from boosting due to most of its answers being physical, or only able to stop it without boosts of its own.

How is Cress supposed to be running Twave? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm genuinely curious. If it lacks coverage, Dark types gg. If it lacks STAB, good luck killing anything. If it lacks CM, good luck killing anything (again). If it lacks Moonlight, have fun getting worn down.

One of Cress' greatest weaknesses IMO is the lack of flexibility in its set. Legitimately the only valid change I see is swapping Moonblast for different coverage.

Anyway I still don't think Cress is close to banworthy but whatever, looks like it will get voted out in a landslide. Don't be surprised when some bullshit like Musharna or Deoxys-D starts doing the same things with the same counters because there's nothing unique about Cress as a bulky Psychic other than its intimidating base statline. Maybe bulky Pokémon just don't bother me like they do for others. Of course, I think the ORAS Sablenite ban was a mistake and that Giratina should be OU legal. Maybe I'm just insane.

Merry ducking Christmas.

Did you actually do any calculations? Almost none of these pokemon can even 2HKO Cress bar banded Yveltal(arceus can't actually bring down boosted cress and loses that after one shot.):

252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 248-294 (55.8 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 0 SpA Cresselia Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 200-236 (50.8 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

AKA Calm Mind fodder.

I find a bunch of the "arguments" some people are posting a little ridiculous. Most of the "counters" they post are niche at best and some of them barely check it. Cresselia has no true counters, due to its obscene bulk and its common checks are easy to prepare for. Heck, Cress can't even be properly pursuit trapped due to it easily tanking it for only a third of its health. Most checks heavily rely on the Cress user either A: staying in, or B: not carrying T-Wave. Cresselia finds many, many opportunities to freely set up due to it quite literally walling everything that can't set up on it, or is packing Blue Orb. Heck, a big thing that kind of screams "it's not healthy for the meta" is the fact that it sweeps EVERY team not carrying dedicated check(s) to it simply due to almost zip being able to 2HKO it. Not to mention, Cresselia still has 5 other teammates that it can run away to if it feels(rarely) threatened. Simply carrying something that can spread burns makes it near impossible to stop cresselia from boosting due to most of its answers being physical, or only able to stop it without boosts of its own.
I get where you are coming from, but in your desire to elucidate you ended up incorrect.
-Cress does have real counters. Blue Orb Scizor, Arceus Steel, Magearna, Arceus-dark, Blue Orb Golisopod, Dragon Tail+Rest PDon... it also doesn't lack for multi use switchins such as Sharpedoinite Tyranitar, Hoopa-U, Arceus-Ghost, Gyaradosite Taunters, or KYurem-Black. Several of these function if burned, and should worst come to worst quite a few Pokémon get heal bell or aromatherapy.
Thunder wave doesn't work- cress isn't Clefable, TWave isn't that good anymore, and psyshock isn't moonblast, so you'll have to stick with some offstab attack, and then you're easily walled. Thunder Wave also leaves cresselia weak to wallbreaker such as Manaphy with absolite.
Quantum Tesseract Sample Team: Cataline Wine Mixer

Playstyle: Balanced Offense:
Detailed Info and Importable found in RMT
Quick info: An offensively oriented team centered around Pheromosa. The team went 50-0 on ladder, so I thought it was clearly good enough to sample to try to help other players learn the meta.

Also, this team got me reqs. Ik GoS said my vote doesn't count since I don't have duck in my name (even tho the ladder is literally suspect), but I figured I would use this post to throw my 2 cents into the subject anyway:

Ban Cresselia.

Let's just look at Cresselia's stats with Sablenite:
120 / 80 / 170 / 95 / 180 / 55
Yes, that is 120/170/180 bulk with Magic Bounce, Calm Mind + Psyshock (the best variant of CM as you beat other CMers) and recovery (albeit not the most reliable). This makes Giratina look like a Pheromosa, it's absolutely ridiculous and I am really not understanding the anti-ban arguments whatsoever. "You can check it" Yes, you can. You can also straight up get 6-0d really easily. Most of your "checks" get taken down if they come in at 50% hp. Another thing is, which for some reason you guys haven't talked about much, if at all, is Psychic is really good defensive typing since Knock Off is nonexistent in MnM. I would continue, but honestly the pro-ban side has been made really well already and at this point no one is changing their minds.
Thanks, I'll add it as soon as I get off mobile.

What checks are losing below 50% HP? Certainly not the reliable ones--Arceus Steel, Magearna, and Scizor can freely come in at 50%, and Dark Arceus isn't far behind, and even DTail PDon can come in at half, although much further and it does go down. It's also never been my experience that psychic is anything other than completely mediocre--Arceus-Ghost, Sharpedoinite Tyranitar, Hoopa-U, Swords Dance Golisopod... these aren't things that stall can really afford to go around giving free turns too.

To anyone who hasn't played with Cresselia, may I suggest heading to rom? You'll need an ahead-of-time agreement that's that's the only currently illegal thing in use, as rom allows the use of all stones, but it's a good way to actually see it in practice if you haven't before.

Last edited:

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
I get where you are coming from, but in your desire to elucidate you ended up incorrect.
-Cress does have real counters. Blue Orb Scizor, Arceus Steel, Magearna, Arceus-dark, Blue Orb Golisopod, Dragon Tail+Rest PDon... it also doesn't lack for multi use switchins such as Sharpedoinite Tyranitar, Hoopa-U, Arceus-Ghost, Gyaradosite Taunters, or KYurem-Black. Several of these function if burned, and should worst come to we
Worse quite a few Pokémon get heal bell or aromatherapy.
Thunder wave doesn't work- cress isn't Clefable, TWave isn't that good anymore, and psy shock isn't moonblast, so you'll have to stick with some offstage attack, and then you're easily walled. Thunder Wave also leaves cresselia weak to wallbreaker such as Manaphy with absolite.

Thanks, I'll add it as soon as I get off mobile.

What checks are losing below 50% HP? Certainly not the reliable ones--Arceus Steel, Magearna, and Scizor can freely come in at 50%, and Dark Arceus isn't far behind, and even DTail PDon can come in at half, although much further and it does go down. It's also never been my experience that psychic is anything other than completely mediocre--Arceus-Ghost, Sharpedoinite Tyranitar, Hoopa-U, Swords Dance Golisopod... these aren't things that stall can really afford to go around giving free turns too.

To anyone who hasn't played with Cresselia, may I suggest heading to rom? You'll need an ahead-of-time agreement that's that's the only currently illegal thing in use, as rom allows the use of all stones, but it's a good way to actually see it in practice if you haven't before.
I didn't mean that they get straight OHKOd from 50%, to clarify I meant that they will be put in a position that they will have to use recovery so much they will often not be able to outstall Cress. Also, for the checks you mention:
Arceus Ghost isn't really a good check. If a competent player switches out on your z-move, all you have is:
252 Atk Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Shadow Force vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 218-260 (49.4 - 58.9%) -- 73.8% chance to 2HKO.
Which obviously 2HKOs, but Cresselia can easily switch out. Something that just makes Cresselia switch out without really doing much to it isn't a great check, especially if someone can just hit it with a Toxic or burn.
Hoopa and TTar do it, yeah. Those are two mons though, and Hoopa doesn't like coming in on Moonblast several times.
Golisopod is especially easy to wear down and clear out for Cress.
Another thing is, Cress can bypass Moonblast to go for Toxic to beat most of these checks in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)