1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Mixed Tier Battling

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Zekrom Hunter, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zekrom Hunter

Zekrom Hunter

I was thinking that showdown should make a battle option for a "MIxed Tier" where you have to play with 2 ubers, 2 OU, and 2 UU or under. This seems like it would be much more competitive and a new way to spice things up. Please let me know what you guys think!
  2. qazwerty99

qazwerty99

You need to get this approved by either Articblast or Birkal, sorry man.
  3. ThisMysteriousGuy

ThisMysteriousGuy

These kinds of metas have been pitched in the past but they really don't work.

I hope you realize how well some Pokemon in OU (like Ferrothorn, Tentacruel, and Latias) and UU (like Kingdra) can come together to form a solid Rain team with Kyogre and another Uber Pokemon of choice that would be OP as hell in this meta.
  4. Explorer

Explorer

There is always the option of banning certain things such as DrizzleSwim or SmashPass if needed. It sounds cool otherwise, but I'm not sure how the general population of Smogon players would feel about this.
  5. Arcticblast

Arcticblast @manu 11: Arcticblast joined, gg all
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

This was not approved by an OM mod, and "Mixed Tier" has never been particularly competitive at higher levels of play. In the future, please read the Other Metagames Rules before posting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)