MLB 2016

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got offered Gio Gonzalez and Carlos Gonzalez for Noah Syndegaard and one of either Randall Grichuk, Joc Pederson, or Kole Calhoun. Thoughts?

My SP are: Bumgarner, Kluber, Syndegaard, Teheran, Jimmy Nelson, and Aaron Sanchez.

My OF are: Gomez, Pence, Calhoun, Pederson and Grichuk.

I got offered Gio Gonzalez and Carlos Gonzalez for Noah Syndegaard and one of either Randall Grichuk, Joc Pederson, or Kole Calhoun. Thoughts?

My SP are: Bumgarner, Kluber, Syndegaard, Teheran, Jimmy Nelson, and Aaron Sanchez.

My OF are: Gomez, Pence, Calhoun, Pederson and Grichuk.
Negative. (Unless you start 5 OF)

I wouldn't feel comfortable thinning my pitching depth for that.

I agree with Del Rio. While I'm not as crazy about trading a pitcher for offense, Carlos Gonzalez is a glass cannon and the pitching coming back is low-mid tier with low upside. The you're giving up do not match the pieces you'll receive.

So Bryan Price says that Billy Hamilton will start off batting at the bottom of the lineup. While I agree with this decision, it's such a shame that it's come to this because he's ridiculously fast and plays pretty well in center field but his on base percentage is pure shit. I hope he learns to be better at bat because he can be a serious threat if he lives up to his potential. And Zack Cozart was mentioned as being a possible opening batter at the top of the lineup. I think this could be a good decision. I just hope we don't lose 100 games this year...

biggie : You have it set up so that I get 8 pickups this week. I thank you for the shear amount of streamers, but I'm sure that will evoke riots from my peers if I'm left to these devices. Can we change that to 6 or is it too late?

Captain Skywalker : Honestly, watching Billy Hamilton and Raise the Church are the only two reasons I would choose to watch the Reds. My hope is that in May they realize their season is a joke and they decide to hit Hamilton in the lead off spot and have him go for 100 steals. Gets people going to the ball park and creates excitement. And I love me some stolen bases.

Captain Skywalker : Honestly, watching Billy Hamilton and Raise the Church are the only two reasons I would choose to watch the Reds. My hope is that in May they realize their season is a joke and they decide to hit Hamilton in the lead off spot and have him go for 100 steals. Gets people going to the ball park and creates excitement. And I love me some stolen bases.
He's great at stealing bases but what good is that if his OBP is asswater? If he can't get himself on base or bat well he shouldn't be leadoff hitter. Period. I'd rather get W's and not purely ballpark excitement but that might be just me

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As an actual Reds fan, which I presume is what comprises the majority of any home crowd, I'll take just about any win over just about any loss. It might be different for general baseball fans or tourists who happen to be nearby and decide to catch a Reds game while they're in town, but the excitement of the game is secondary to the live experience anyway. TV's a thing if you simply want to watch the game and the cameras are a superior viewing experience than any stadium seating. That's not why you go see a game in person though.

As an actual Reds fan, which I presume is what comprises the majority of any home crowd, I'll take just about any win over just about any loss. It might be different for general baseball fans or tourists who happen to be nearby and decide to catch a Reds game while they're in town, but the excitement of the game is secondary to the live experience anyway. TV's a thing if you simply want to watch the game and the cameras are a superior viewing experience than any stadium seating. That's not why you go see a game in person though.
I am an actual fan :/
Anyways, we face the Phillies so we should start 1-0 at least

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
But I'm agreeing with you why are you :/-ing me?????

Assuming I can't count on the Reds to do anything this year, perhaps we can at least watch the Cards flounder, off 0-1 themselves.

He's great at stealing bases but what good is that if his OBP is asswater? If he can't get himself on base or bat well he shouldn't be leadoff hitter. Period. I'd rather get W's and not purely ballpark excitement but that might be just me
Mr.E too cause I'm sexy like that.

Fun fact for you dudes:
Billy Hamilton has a career .287 OBP
Zack Cozart has a career .284 OBP

As it stands, Billy Hamilton is actually more exciting AND the slightly better career lead off hitter for you to get wins. The ugliest man in baseball can get on base at about the same rate as Cozart and he steals like an ugly mother fucker.

So I heard this stat on the Red Sox broadcast today because the idiots who do the regionalization on my direct tv gave me NESN today...

Apparently in the history of baseball dating back to 1871, the pitcher with the lowest career WHIP is Koji Uehara. The pitcher with the second lowest WHIP in that time is Craig Kimbrel. Kimbrel also holds the career record for lowest ERA in baseball history since 1871.

Looking through these career whip leaders, there is a SURGE of modern day relievers and this doesn't make much sense to me. I get that we are in an era where relief pitchers are ridiculously dominant. But Kenley Jansen is #3, Darren O'Day is #10, Papelbon is #13, Tony Watson is #14, Huston Street is #16, Pat Neshek is #25... These pitchers are not what I'd call the top pitchers in all of baseball history.

There is a pretty good amount of present day SP who are on this career WHIP list too. Matt Harvey has the 11th lowest career whip, Kershaw is 15th, DeGrom is 19th.

Stats are weird as fuck guys.

Trevor Story is fucking nuts. So nuts that he hit 2 more mother fucking home runs today. He ironically also played for the Modesto Nuts.

He's on pace to win the Rookie of the Year, the MVP, and the mother fucking Pulitzer Prize.

To find Trevor Story, check a Del Rio bench near you.

As much as I would LOVE for this to ruin the Cubs' season, I don't think it'll really affect them that much at all. Schwarber was batting like 6th, when he would be hitting cleanup on a lot of other teams, so that's pretty telling how loaded they are. They're ridiculously deep at the position players and might even give Baez PT in the outfield when he gets healthy.

Nice 6-0 start for the O's. Too bad they still have no starting pitching.

Sox still suck no matter how much money they spend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)