Mod For a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this idea where staff could give out mod for a week badges each with its own badge (eg pre contributor, contributor, ect) which will give them those powers for a week to test out their responsibilty.But i'm not suggesting give it to the newest member, give it out to users close to being badged. Starting with me. No im just kidding. But if you want to....
Let me know what you think

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
there are so many reasons this is a bad idea and no reasons it's a good idea

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This already happens, to some degree, in some select forums. I know that Rate My Team has traditionally given people what are called "project mods" in order to see how they handle the responsibility before moving on to a full moderator position; Tournaments and CAP ASB does this too (they're the usernames that aren't bolded but still listed as staff). Other forums have utilized project mods as well in the past. Giving that kind of a process a structured timeline in conjunction with handing them out to every badged user is unfeasible. Moderating is a large responsibility that requires a variety of skill sets.

But yeah, pretty much what Vader said. Thanks for the idea though!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
project mods are given out on a needs basis and never on a shits and giggles basis
I don't think I ever suggested that they were, but yeah I agree with this, heh.

Alternatively, we can switch some letters around and make this "Mod of the Week" where we feature a moderator each week by providing some background info and what they do.

Fate for MotW

imo

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Birkal was originally just a mod of the week but I think someone forgot to remove that. . .

but now we have birkal <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)