1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Mod For a week

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by hoult66, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoult66

hoult66

I had this idea where staff could give out mod for a week badges each with its own badge (eg pre contributor, contributor, ect) which will give them those powers for a week to test out their responsibilty.But i'm not suggesting give it to the newest member, give it out to users close to being badged. Starting with me. No im just kidding. But if you want to....
    Let me know what you think
  2. v

v the last abortionbender
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

there are so many reasons this is a bad idea and no reasons it's a good idea
  3. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

This already happens, to some degree, in some select forums. I know that Rate My Team has traditionally given people what are called "project mods" in order to see how they handle the responsibility before moving on to a full moderator position; Tournaments and CAP ASB does this too (they're the usernames that aren't bolded but still listed as staff). Other forums have utilized project mods as well in the past. Giving that kind of a process a structured timeline in conjunction with handing them out to every badged user is unfeasible. Moderating is a large responsibility that requires a variety of skill sets.

But yeah, pretty much what Vader said. Thanks for the idea though!
  4. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

project mods are given out on a needs basis and never on a shits and giggles basis
  5. Aldaron

Aldaron indefatigable workhorse
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

lmfao this is adorable
  6. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

let's give iconic test smods :)
  7. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

I don't think I ever suggested that they were, but yeah I agree with this, heh.

Alternatively, we can switch some letters around and make this "Mod of the Week" where we feature a moderator each week by providing some background info and what they do.

Fate for MotW

imo
  8. Solace

Solace some legends are told some turn to dust or to gold
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Birkal was originally just a mod of the week but I think someone forgot to remove that. . .

but now we have birkal <3
  9. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Solace has been super mod of the month. Time to remove that.
  10. v

v the last abortionbender
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

vadmin of the year

edit: or century
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)