1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Mod Restrictions

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by iDunno, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iDunno

iDunno

Just bringing up an idea that maybe mods should not be able to make posts under another user's username without their consent. No matter how bad a user I may be (lol "bad user" is such a vague term. Why not just make it "hated user". It's not as cowardly.) it does not warrant attempts of defamation of character (what little character I have). It really doesn't phase me at all, but I just found it kind of sketchy to find multiple posts I had not made being made under my name. I get it - I am not liked on this Pokemon site. But just because I'm not liked doesn't mean I don't have a right to have a fair experience. I've been following the rules, therefore I should be able to indulge in the benefits of that just as well as any other.
  2. iDunno

iDunno

Oh and before anybody else posts here, just be sure to know that I'm probably never going to look at this thread again so don't bother making attacks at me - I won't see them.
  3. waterwarrior

waterwarrior

Well, if you feel a mod is purposely screwing with you, report them. Whenever a post is edited, it shows the username and time of whoever did it, so use that to your advantage.

While I have had mods edit my posts several times, I've never had issues with it. In fact, 99% of the time they do (with anyone, not just me), its because you posted something inappropriate or something along those lines, so you're the one to blame in that situation.

tl;dr, if you feel a mods abusing you, go to a Super Mod.
  4. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

What waterwarrior said.

I'm assuming this is an outburst of irritation against one single mod, so your issue is clearly with him/her rather than moderators in general. Thus you would have more luck discussing the situation with that mod, rather than this forum.
  5. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

i assume we're talking about posts being edited by "make posts under another user's username"...?

edit: because no-one can make posts under your name but you, unless they've been copied or moved and edited etc etc
  6. Charmander

Charmander mfw i have a mane and am actually the sun
    is a Contributor Alumnus

@az: if someone posts in a forum a mod moderates, they can move it to another forum and merge it with another post so it doesn't have the "edited by" tag at the bottom, and they can make the post say whatever they want to it.
    Or something along those lines.
  7. iDunno

iDunno

I don't know what mod it was because it doesn't say on the post that was moved/made/whatever. I would have taken it directly if I knew, but I do have an idea of who it might have been.
  8. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

MAN i really wish the op would just come out and say w/e he has to say

if you wanna accuse someone of something then you gotta do it because a) otherwise idk what we're talking about and b) if it is something a mod shouldn't be doing then we need to know

?_?
  9. NixHex

NixHex A new vice president erryonce in a while to keep me busy
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It would "help" if you told us at least what forum the thread is in - not everyone who reads the suggestion box is aware of whatever thread or post has been edited. If this happens to be something in a forum, I'm assuming you're trolling right now.
  10. iDunno

iDunno

11. Great Sage

Great Sage

...?

Anyway, if you have a problem with a specific moderator, talk to an administrator about it. I'm sure new admin Bloo will be more than happy to listen to your complaints.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)