1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Moderators and the rules

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by schooner, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schooner

schooner

To what extent are the moderators expected to follow the rules they (are supposed to) enforce? In other words, are the moderators subject to the same strictness of the rules that other users are, or are they shown more leniency?

I ask because I see, with alarming frequency, moderators (and other "ranked" users) explicitly breaking rules. Sometimes, ironically, they break the very rules they enforced (through various means) just a short while before.
  2. Snowflakes

Snowflakes Dango Dango Daikazoku
    is a Battle Server Moderator

can we get examples?
  3. schooner

schooner

Without naming names:

-Spamming/flooding (posting many messages in quick succession)

-Being rude to other users (i.e. insulting them, and not in a "joking" fashion)

-Excessive use of capitalization

-Disrupting the current conversation, sometimes forcibly using power (muting, "kicking", and banning) to change the topic (even when the topic is in no way unsavory or against the rules)

The above are the more common examples, though there are others.

While I'm here, discussing the rules, I'd just like to point out that there are several sets of rules Smogon maintains, and moderators never link/boot to the list that is specifically for Pokemon Showdown (http://pokemonshowdown.com/rules). Also, I believe COPPA does not need to be enforced on Pokemon Showdown, as no personal information is collected from the users.
  4. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Administrators monitor that moderators don't break the rules themselves and the appeal section has been made purposely to remedy unfair bans. Anyway, it's none of your business to judge moderators' behavior in the chat because:
    1) you have no authority;
    2) you've been a terrible user yourself.

Now stop shitting up our forums with spurious threads or you'll also get a permanent ban from here. Have a nice day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)