1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Moltres

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by TheArchangle, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TheArchangle

TheArchangle

I never thought of this combo, it sounds very interesting and looks very dangerous as long as you have spins support.
  2. Alexander.

Alexander. Banned deucer.

In fact, Substitute Tentacruel, works very well with Moltres and Tornadus-T because Special Defensive Rotom-W (calm, max HP, max Special Defense) can be a problem for Moltres + Tornadus-T combination and Tentacruel can toxic it.

Also, Substitute Tentacruel can use Rapid Spin against Jellicent, Toxic Spikes Tentacruel (Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin/Scald/Protect or Ice Beam) can't do this.
  3. TheArchangle

TheArchangle

^ Sounds very interesting but now the Electric weakness would be off the charts with Politoed, Tornadus-T, Moltres and Tentacruel.
  4. Alexander.

Probably I'd use Ferrothorn and maybe Choice Specs Gastrodon (it's a great set in my opinion) for the last two slot.

I agree with you however
  5. TheArchangle

TheArchangle

I was also thinking Ferro and Gastro would be a genius addition except the team would lack a scarfer (Funny how this went from a debate over Moltres's OU viability to us building a team lol) maybe Scarfed Thundurus-T because it has Volt-Absorb?
  6. Alexander.

I think Thundurus-T is a good idea yes, but probably I'd use Choice Scarf Politoed. His speed is enough for me, for example it can revenge-kill Dragonite Adamant after one Dragon Dance.
  7. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Celebi is a perfect partner as well, being able to wall all day long any Rotom-W, SubCM Jirachi, Keldeo, Thundurus-T and Zapdos that are looking to take advantage of Moltres. It also has U-turn to keep momentum which is awesome for a defensive mon. A specially defensive set with Giga Drain / Psychic, U-turn, Perish Song and Recover would be the best one to use, with enough speed to outspeed Timid Specs Gothitelle which could otherwise kill you with Signal Beam.

Not to mention that Celebi attracts pokes that Moltres loves to face, such as Scizor, Ferrothorn and Skarmory, and safely brings Moltres in with U-turn.
  8. Ames

Ames

These descriptions are getting very close to the team I was using at the beginning of BW2 haha.
  9. TheArchangle

TheArchangle

@Alexwolf Celebi sounds like a great idea as Keldeo and Thundurus T especially are huge threats not only to Moltres but in the Rain in general. I think a defensive core of Celebi and Gastro could work really well as Gastro patches up electric weaknesses of Moltres, Tornadus, and Politoed. Also then you could add a spinner like Starmie to keep offensive pressure, rapid spin, and lure out guys like Ferrothorn.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)