Monocolor Face-Off Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Sonius
Monocolor Face-Off

Monocolor Face-Off, Red vs Blue, Orange vs Green, Purple vs Yellow, who will win, a mystery for sure. But put in your attempt, and maybe it'll be your gold, silver or pink team that comes out victorious.

Pay attention to rule #13 this round

Teams do not need to be submitted this round, if you change your team use something from the lists or ask me about Nu's

Usage Stats from Round 1 [Click]
List of colors certain pokemon are good for [Click]
List of pokes by color [Click]
No NU's are listed if you want to use one ask me

Rules

1. 5 pokemon of one color, 1 wildcard
2. Shiny pokemon count, but only if the pokemon you are actually using is shiny
3. Since the the similarity of colors can be subjective, teams will be submitted to me through pm, I'm not entering so I can be impartial
4. NO WEATHER, therefore tyranitar, hippowdon, and abamasnow are banned
5. It is ou, current list as of posting of the sign up thread, and no manaphy
6. in case you missed it NO WEATHER
7. Rounds will go from one friday till the next, with single elimination from the winners bracket into a losers bracket that can still win overall
8. To enter you must have 200 posts, and I reserve the right to refuse entries
9. No item clause, Yes evasion, sleep, hax item, ohko and species clause
10. NO POKESAV
11. 6v6, Single forced 100 battles
12. Changing of teams between rounds is allowed
13. Starting in the semifinals battles will be best two out of three, different teams will be allowed for each battle

Prizes
1st - Pick of five pokemon from me or alakahoe
2nd - Pick of four pokemon from me or alakahoe
3rd/4th - Pick of two pokemon from me or alakahoe

Other than that I'll be accepting donations of prizes

Donated Prizes that'll will be assigned to places later:
Equinox's Relaxed Nidoqueen
Lightsabre's Shiny Ninetales
Deztroya's Jolly Zangoose
Destroyer's Shiny Uxie, Shiny Ludicolo, Credit
LightningFusion's Bold Cressilia, Zapdos, Hex-Flawless Ditto

Special Thanks

Destroyer for helping with the rules
Pablo for doing matchups....
Alakahoe for the banner
And all the people who helped me decide on monocolor

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
no, yall are the final two from the winners bracket, but there had to be a point to the losers bracket

Then shouldn't the winners of the losers bracket compete against each other for 3rd and 4th place, as is the nature of the losers bracket? After all, the losers already lost a life, and they should be runner-ups, while the winners haven't yet lost a life, so they're playing for winners. Placing challengers from the winners bracket against the losers bracket is unfair =/

Also, Jigo, would you just like to do one match? I can't be bothered doing best out of three, lol.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
erodent, stop trying to fuck with my rules, its basically double elimination organized how i want, yall only played 4 games while they played 6, their feat of going 5-1 is only slightly less difficult than going 4-0, i have asked you to do best of three id like it if you honored my request

I'm not trying to change your rules, Alakapimp, but I also think it would be more fair if Erodent and I battled for the final match since we were both undeafeated.

and you said in the above post that this is double elimination. does that mean that if Erodent or I were to lose in this round that we would still be in the tournament?

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
no, like any double elim tournament the semifinals remove that, i understand that you went undefeated, but if your really better and deserve to win/get 2nd you'll just beat them and move on and have your final

Every baseball tournament I've ever been to that follows Double Elimination rules always follows the double elimination aspect. This just means the losers have to play more games to get to the chapionship, and the last one standing from the winners bracket has to lose twice to the same person (in the championship game) in order to receive 2nd place in the tourney. If you're going to play Double Elimination, then stick with that theme as so that it doesn't seem like it punishes the two that have went undefeated thus far. It looks like they all want to keep battling anyway, so I don't think adding another round (for the losers bracket) would make the tourney last any longer than it is.

I know I'm not in the tournament, but I'm just saying that it would be more fair if you just stuck with the Double Elimination format than to cancel it out now that the final 4 are left standing.

Alakapimp, being rude ("stop fucking with my rules") isn't getting anywhere. I'd like to know where this goes after you read Scruffy's post before anyone actually battles each other.

Raistmagic: coin flip I believe

Ala, why did I get eliminated?

I PM'd Invictus like 3 days ago asking when he could battle and he never responded.

He still hasn't.

How was I supposed to get the battle done? I'm just very interested in how you made your decision.

Edit:

Hasn't been on for 2 days.

How was I supposed to complete the battle. I PM'd him. He's never PM'd me.

Plus, he's won every loser's bracket battle by DQ. Ever stop and think that people are having trouble finding this guy to battle?

Ala, why did I get eliminated?

I PM'd Invictus like 3 days ago asking when he could battle and he never responded.

He still hasn't.

How was I supposed to get the battle done? I'm just very interested in how you made your decision.

Edit:

Hasn't been on for 2 days.

How was I supposed to complete the battle. I PM'd him. He's never PM'd me.

Plus, he's won every loser's bracket battle by DQ. Ever stop and think that people are having trouble finding this guy to battle?
Agree with this. Invictus won 5 rounds via DQ. That's not a great judge of his skills and he's in the Semis...

Hi all... I've kind of quit Pokemon due to some family problems (A very close uncle just died...) and I guess it really is gay how I got all the way here by other people being DQ'd. I'll still be up for battling Raist so please PM me when you are on.

As for this tournament, no one ever went and PM'd me which just shows me that my prior opponents were also lazy or didn't care, but I guess it's also my fault. I apologize, and I know I don't really truly belong here. Hopefully, this will be more successful in future tries.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
as far as the rounds thing yall are under the misunderstanding that i just changed my mind, this is exactly what i have planned from the beginning, and it is whats happening

as far as the raist thing, i had seen neither of you on until saturday when i saw you both and raist you told me you didn't have wifi but you would tommorrow and would do the battle then, i recieved no post or pm from you so i took it that you didn't the next day, either yall do the battle very, very soon or ill flip since it seems like neither of you have put much effort into battling

Ala, he's kinda "quit pokemon." Why should it be a coin flip?

And yea, I didn't PM you because I didn't know I needed to. I PM'd him right after we talked. I PM him again today about 3 hours ago but I can't stay on the computer all day waiting. I've been on here since two hoping to catch him. I don't know what else I can do.

Edit:

Beat Invictus 5-0.

GG!

Wow that was a fail match XD
GG Raist and congrats on winning.

Hope this has better planning in the future and one does not get in Top 2 VIA luck and DQs.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
@raist - if the last thing that you tell me is that its your fault your not playing and then don't play i would think it would be self explanatory to tell me its not your fault anymore

thanks for playing guys, ok on with the semis

@raist - if the last thing that you tell me is that its your fault your not playing and then don't play i would think it would be self explanatory to tell me its not your fault anymore

thanks for playing guys, ok on with the semis
You asked me to get the battle done and I told you I'd pm him. Thus, I figured you'd believe me. I just wish you would have pm'd me instead of waiting for me on IRC.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
cool, pay attention to the next thread raist cause ill have a third place battle in there

The first match resulted in a tie due to Life Orb Recoil. Critical hits were abundant.

The second match resulted in a flee by EueuQ. I believe he did not like my team at all. :P

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
well you really should have played a third since the best of three wasn't decided, but eueuq said he doesn't want to bother to play so he forfeits so yeah new thread up tommorrow afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)