Monogen Tournament (signups)

What was your favorite gen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello Wifi-ers! We have all participated in discussions about which Gen was better. Was it Gen 2? Gen 1? This is your chance to find out! Come and battle with a team made by Pokemon from one generation only. Please read the rules before joining.

To sign up, you have to post your FC, IGN and the Generation/Region you will be participating with (example: Johto, Gen 4, etc.).

Rules:

Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on its team.
Item Clause: A player cannot have two of the same items on its team.
Sleep Clause
: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts, such as abilities, do not break this clause.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
No members who are on the Wifi Blacklist in Smogon's Wi-Fi forum may join.
Generation clause: This means you may only use Pokemon that belong to the dex entry of your chosen Gen. For example, a player that has chosen Hoenn cannot have Tyranitar on its team.
Baton Pass Clause: You may only use one Pokemon with Baton Pass per team.
Ubers are banned. For purposes of this tournament, Torrent Greninja and Blaze Blaziken will be allowed. Blazikenite is still banned.
Battles will be at level 50
Single battle format, 6v6.
Format will be single match, double elimination.
You may change teams between each round.
You may not change Generation during the tournament.
Have your FC (friend code) and IGN (in-game name) in your signature.

Do you want to join but get disappointed when you lose in first round? Don't worry! If you lose your battle, you'll get another chance on the loser's bracket!

Approved by Mihuzime

Last edited:
Some rules clarification:

1) Region/gens are defined by dex entry. To put it more clearly:
Kanto: 1-151
Johto: 152-251
Hoenn: 252-386
Sinnoh: 387-493
Unova: 494-649
Kalos: 650-720

So it doesn't matter if the pre-evolution belongs into a different region, just check the dex entry to see eligibility on your team. Example: Only Gen 1/Kanto can use Chansey, only Gen 2/Johto can use Blissey and only Gen 4/Sinnoh can use Happiny regardless of family/evolution line.

2) This is single match (only one deciding match per round) but double elimination, which means we are having a winners and losers bracket. This is to give people a second chance to redeem themselves.

3) You can change teams between rounds but you are still making a team using your region only.

4) Item clause is in play guys, so no 3 leftovers on team or 2 scarfers, etc.

Last edited:
I'm in representing Sinnoh (aww yeah).

BTW I'm targeting 8 people unless we get a lot of signups

Last edited:

dialganet

Banned deucer.
I'm in. Sinnoh. IV gen.

One question, what about cross gen evolutions (e.g. Sylveon, Rhyperior, Gallade)? Are they usable in two different generations (e.g. Gallade, being from Sinnoh but having the original family in Hoenn, is usable in both Hoenn and Sinnoh) or only in the one their "dexed" (Gallade is dexed in Sinnoh, so it's usable only in Sinnoh), so to say?

I'm in. Sinnoh. IV gen.

One question, what about cross gen evolutions (e.g. Sylveon, Rhyperior, Gallade)? Are they usable in two different generations (e.g. Gallade, being from Sinnoh but having the original family in Hoenn, is usable in both Hoenn and Sinnoh) or only in the one their "dexed" (Gallade is dexed in Sinnoh, so it's usable only in Sinnoh), so to say?
I've edited my 2nd post explaining your question.

Just a reminder guys, please only signup if you are willing to play your matches. Since it's double elimination you will have to play at least against two different users. Check your schedules first so we get a smooth tourney, thanks!

OK great! We got 9 so far so I'm gonna look to expand it to 10 or 12 if possible, if not I'll have to cut it to 8 and add subs based on signed up order

alright, finally a Kalos trainer! It seems we have all regions now. Gonna leave it open until Wednesday-Thursday and post the matchups on Thursday at the latest. Better start breeding/training!

Aw, this seemed like a cool idea but it seems that I'm a little late. Can I be put in as a sub as well. If so, I would like to be put down for Kanto.

Just thought of this, are you going to make separate posts on the the original bracket and the losers bracket or one post on both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)