Side Monotype Bo3 Mini-Tour [Won by TheAce22]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sort of random and doesn't really help this tour but I have a cool idea for future tours. At the start of the tour each player chooses 3 types. Throughout the tour you are allowed to use any type you chose whenever you want, it could be bo1 or bo3 or whatever, just standard mono. You would get interesting combinations of types that complement each other well.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
I actually kind of like that idea because it becomes like conquest format, imo the best competitive format in this kind of a game. You still have some variety in your choices but it also adds skill in counterteaming someone, encouraging more skill in different portions of the battle as opposed to just taking rmts.

This is sort of random and doesn't really help this tour but I have a cool idea for future tours. At the start of the tour each player chooses 3 types. Throughout the tour you are allowed to use any type you chose whenever you want, it could be bo1 or bo3 or whatever, just standard mono. You would get interesting combinations of types that complement each other well.
I actually kind of like that idea because it becomes like conquest format, imo the best competitive format in this kind of a game. You still have some variety in your choices but it also adds skill in counterteaming someone, encouraging more skill in different portions of the battle as opposed to just taking rmts.
If something like that happens how would it be organized? Would the players submit 3 teams to use or just 3 types and any number of teams that work well with that type? Would they pm the 3 types to someone or would they announce it in the thread?

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
I participated in the return of the king tour (I mean i lost r2 but I sucked back then and I brought freaking shedinja without sableye LOL) and you just told the tour leader what you picked, and you then found out what your opponent picked.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you have suggestions for future tours please pm then to me and/or Freeroamer. We're obviously wanting to expand this aspect of monotype, but this thread isn't the place to discuss it.

scpinion

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Make sure you contact your opponents by posting to their profile wall here on Smogon (this lets me see it for activity decisions).
Save and post your replays in this thread!
When you play your battles feel free to link them in the Monotype room.
Round 4 Deadline: Get them done imo, but Thursday Oct. 8th at 11:59pm EST if it comes to that.

perish song me vs BlackBloodz
Septicus vs TheAce22
Mega Ridley vs ThimoTheUltimateBOBO

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
That's not necessarily where he lost, although I agree it would've been the more optimal route. I have no idea why he didn't Defog when granted the chance after a hydro miss, particularly as ace sacked rotom, one of the biggest threats so early on. Ttar for rotom isn't a terrible trade, especially if the Rotom had thunder wave. Once Kingdra was weakened into range of Sucker Punch, Bisharp suddenly became deadly whereas before it wasn't all that useful. Kabutops dodging a Wisp was also kinda crucial as it would've given Omni a late game fodder to stall out rain turns. Above all though I didn't get why he switched out of the Kingdra turn 5 unless Energy Ball doesn't 2hko or Hydro KOes which I very much doubt seeing as Hoopa lives LO Latios Draco which I'd imagine is stronger than Kingdra Specs Hydro out of rain, because he had the chance to eliminate the biggest threat to his team.

No hate though just thought there were some odd choices on both sides

Last edited:

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
That's not necessarily where he lost, although I agree it would've been the more optimal route. I have no idea why he didn't Defog when granted the chance after a hydro miss, particularly as ace sacked rotom, one of the biggest threats so early on. Ttar for rotom isn't a terrible trade, especially if the Rotom had thunder wave. Once Kingdra was weakened into range of Sucker Punch, Bisharp suddenly became deadly whereas before it wasn't all that useful. Kabutops dodging a Wisp was also kinda crucial as it would've given Omni a late game fodder to stall out rain turns. Above all though I didn't get why he switched out of the Kingdra turn 5 unless Energy Ball doesn't 2hko or Hydro KOes which I very much doubt seeing as Hoopa lives LO Latios Draco which I'd imagine is stronger than Kingdra Specs Hydro out of rain, because he had the chance to eliminate the biggest threat to his team.

No hate though just thought there were some odd choices on both sides
Yeah I agree I made some moves that could have raised an eyebrow especially with sac'ing ttar, it just felt right at the time, killing off rotom.
Also the will-o miss kind of ruined any chances I had left considering at the end of the game he was fully reliant on specsdra sweeping in the rain and politoed was down, which means having sab would have easily granted me an extra turn of fodding( and even wow'ing it for chip damage which could have also pressurized ace ) and later fodding everything else to stall out the rain to eventually sweep with hoopa.
And the foul play on the hydro miss, that turn took me a while I don't know if you could see the timer there, but after calc'ing the hydro damage on mandibuzz I realized I just lost the match there and there was nothing really left to do, so I simply went for foul play, I kind of disregarded the miss chance there and how hydro legit loves missing cause I was discouraged and was sure there is no way at all I could win after that wow miss.
But yeah 'twas fun while it lasted and go to everyone still in it.

scpinion

Finals
Save and post your replays in this thread!
When you play your battles feel free to link them in the Monotype room.
Deadline: Get them done

Mega Ridley
TheAce22
BlackBloodz

If you don't know how a 3-man finals works:
Each of you will play the other 2. There are 2 possible scenarios:
1. Someone wins both their matches. They are the champion.
2. Everyone goes 1-1 and we replay the 3 matches. Repeat until criteria 1 is met

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)