Monotype Monotype Fall Seasonal II - Round 4

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion

Banner by Zarif
Approved by Paleo and Eien

Welcome to the second installment of the Monotype Seasonals! This tournament is the second tournament of the Season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Monotype leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Monotype champion!

SPECIFIC RULES:
  • This is a standard Gen 7 Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, on the Main or SmogTours servers.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coinflipped regardless of whoever won.
Aegislash, Arceus, Battle Bond, Baton Pass, Blaziken, Damp Rock, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-A, Dialga, Genesect, Gengarite, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-U, Kangaskhanite, Kartana, Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Lucarionite, Lugia, Lunala, Magearna, Mawilite, Medichamite, Metagrossite, Mewtwo, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Salamencite, Shaymin-S, Smooth Rock, Solgaleo, Tapu Lele, Terrain Extender, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Zygarde
Please note Landorus-I, Deoxys-D, and Deoxys-S are allowed

Monotype Sample Teams

Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type, both before and after Mega Evolution
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Round 4 matchups made by Zarif

winners:

BaSr vs Dece1t
pork chop man vs Calucha
CKW vs ArkenCiel
Paleo vs smub
Lostallhopedreams vs DBW
Haakunite vs The Excadrill
1 True Lycan vs Jack4Max
Ghost Cream vs Moosical
KuraiTenshi26 vs Dragon Expert Soma
Cloud9 NxtLvl vs S poi re
Arifeen vs Alpha Rabbit
Waszap vs Akashi
Quantum Tesseract vs Moorland
aGroove vs Bitana
Chaitanya1.9 vs Carnies Vengance
Leru vs Endal

losers:

TheImcaness vs Bluxio
Crashy vs Infectrix
MiyoKa vs iLlama
Luckyboy123 vs Zukushiku
KevinELF vs Casparov
Lax vs Ikey
Mysterious M vs GoldenTorkoal
Twix vs Trichotomy
Eien vs Lotus Wincon
Garry2Scary vs RIPMyLifeFIR
dusk raimon vs Attribute
EricSaysHi vs Vodoom
Bushtush vs King Billu
Dondyxd vs Wanka
Sabella vs zugubu royale
neomon vs Jase Duken

highlights: (courtesy of Bushtush and Zarif)
Leru vs Endal
Sabella vs zugubu royale
Eien vs Lotus Wincon

Extension deadline is Wednesday November 1st 11:59PM GMT-4
Round four deadline is Sunday November 5th 11:59PM GMT-4

POST YOUR REPLAYS OR I WILL COINFLIP YOUR SERIES

Last edited by a moderator:
BaSr vs Dece1t - "I quit." [insert pro-STAG rant here]
pork chop man vs Calucha
CKW vs ArkenCiel
Paleo vs smub - Smub has been actually doing surprisingly well in this tour. I'd edge him, but Paleo is simply the more seasoned player.
Lostallhopedreams vs DBW - This guy really came from down under, keep it up mate!
Haakunite vs The Excadrill - [insert anti-stag essay here]
1 True Lycan vs Jack4Max
Ghost Cream vs Moosical
KuraiTenshi26 vs Dragon Expert Soma - you guys should be really scared, we have a living god among us in this bracket (real reason: bc idek the other guy)
Cloud9 NxtLvl vs S poi re
Arifeen vs Alpha Rabbit
Waszap vs Akashi
Quantum Tesseract vs Moorland
aGroove vs Bitana - in all seriousness, Bit has been really becoming a seasoned player (though his salt still lives in all of us, lets be honest)
Chaitanya1.9 vs Carnies Vengance
Leru vs Endal - bc he's probably died of a heart attack by now from all that salt

TheImcaness vs Bluxio
Crashy vs Infectrix - as much as I would love to edge Infectrix, I would be too biased if I didn't think Crashy could easily pull a win. It could potentially go either way though depending on how they prepare.
MiyoKa vs (winner of iLlama vs. Zaker) - Don't get me wrong, iLlama has seriously improved through the course of this gen, but Miyo is a tiny bit more seasoned imo.
Luckyboy123 vs Zukushiku
KevinELF vs Casparov
Lax vs Ikey - Once again, just a more seasoned player. Hopefully he doesn't get another redundant activity loss.
Mysterious M vs GoldenTorkoal - simply bc idk the other person very well. Torkoal is decent enough
Twix vs Trichotomy
Eien vs Lotus Wincon - HL match for sure, however Eien has proven to be a fantastic teambuilder, and he usually knows what he's doing. He tends to be more consistent than wincon.
Garry2Scary vs RIPMyLifeFIR - People don't give Garry enough credit tbh, he's actually pretty darn good, and, for the most, he knows what he's doing
dusk raimon vs Attribute - Would probably be my favorite to win this entire thing.
EricSaysHi vs Vodoom - It really could go either way tbh, but eric from past matches tends to be a tad more consistent
Bushtush vs King Billu
Dondyxd vs Wanka
Sabella vs zugubu royale - Another matchup I'm really looking forward to. You can't go too wrong with Booty though
neomon vs Jase Duken - don't know either, I just know this guy has been semi-decent from what I've skimmed.

winners:

BaSr vs Dece1t - Shadow Tag: Do Not Ban
pork chop man vs Calucha: gonna be a solid match, but pcm has the edge
CKW vs ArkenCiel - done pretty well in MLT and just generally seems like the fav in this mu
Paleo vs smub - ice and rock can only get you so far when you face one of the best SM players
Lostallhopedreams vs DBW - savior of imp!!
Haakunite vs The Excadrill
1 True Lycan vs Jack4Max - jack needs a lot of work to beat Lycan, imo
Ghost Cream vs Moosical - Karma gang.
KuraiTenshi26 vs Dragon Expert Soma - just run 6 scarfed dragons smh..
Cloud9 NxtLvl vs S poi re - “Jirachi should be S ranked on Psychic”
Arifeen vs Alpha Rabbit - gonna be a decent match, haven’t seen much of Arifeen in sm mono so will be fun to watch.
Waszap vs Akashi - no comment
Quantum Tesseract vs Moorland - upset a great opp last round, so I think he can win
aGroove vs Bitana - Karma gang.
Chaitanya1.9 vs Carnies Vengance -
Leru vs Endal - pretty good hl match. Could go either way imo.

losers:

TheImcaness vs Bluxio
Crashy vs Infectrix
MiyoKa vs (winner of iLlama vs. Zaker)
Luckyboy123 vs Zukushiku
KevinELF vs Casparov
Lax vs Ikey
Mysterious M vs GoldenTorkoal
Twix vs Trichotomy
Eien vs Lotus Wincon - another hl match. the sheet can’t take you too far against one of the better builders in mono.
Garry2Scary vs RIPMyLifeFIR
dusk raimon vs Attribute
EricSaysHi vs Vodoom - gonna be a good match as well.
Bushtush vs King Billu
Dondyxd vs Wanka
Sabella vs zugubu royale
neomon vs Jase Duken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)