Monotype Next Best Thing

Who said our favorite sweeper couldn't sweep without outraging everything? Meet defensive Kyurem-B

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail/Sleep Talk
- Roost/Rest
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

This set was made to take care of all those pokemon that might have your team stumped, This set can survive a unboosted max power Mega Altaria Return and Hawlucha High Jump Kick while still being able to attack atleast once. Dragon Tail can be used to Get rid of Quiver Dance Volcarona and almost every other setupper there is, but Sleep Talk can be used to attack if using a Rest set. While Roost is there to help continue to bulk out the opponent's team. Rest can be used over Roost if status is what annoys you. Toxic is so you can wear down and eventually faint Chansey and Unaware Clefable. Ice Beam can do a nice 52 - 61.3% damage on Skarmory and OHKO's Hawlucha. What this set appreciates is a pokemon that can take down Azumarill, which this set struggles to kill, pokemon with Freeze Dry and Sludge Wave/Bomb Goodra really work well with this set. Another troubling pokemon is Mega Gardevoir, Assault Vest Goodra with Sludge Wave/Bomb and Fast Physical Sweepers such as Weavile help quite a lot with that.

252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 172 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem: 284-336 (65.4 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 172 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem: 326-386 (75.1 - 88.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
84 SpA Teravolt Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 174-205 (52 - 61.3%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recover
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 172 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem: 320-378 (73.7 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Voting is now closed. The winner of this week is Laxuy's Fat Steel-Breaker Kyurem-B.

The test subject for this week is....

Scizor!
You will have 5 days to post an original set.​

Tailwind Support M-Scizor

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Sup everyone o/ Lord B33 here with my first NBT. So, Scizor's mostly used as an SD sweeper because of its monstrous attack and an excellent ability. But that doesn't mean it can't be used defensively. Looking at those 70 / 140 / 100 defenses, I thought of making a defensive support set. What does it get for support? That's when I saw Tailwind. The purpose of this set is to come in on a physical attacker, eat up its hits, set up a Tailwind and U-turn out into something that appreciates the extra speed for a few turns. Roost to heal up in a pinch and Bullet Punch for damage and that nifty priority. Hope you guys like the set n_n

Last edited:

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Superpower
Cookie Cutter Scarf Scizor but hey it is effective. It outruns Torn-T and can u-turn out. Outspeeding Zam is great. Overall this is the genesect replacement (albeit not a full replacement lol) but it puts in work I swear.
EDIT: You can also run Aerial Ace over superpower bc fuck gallade. That actually makes this a solid wincon vs fighting on steel teams, so watch out :P

(and b4 some hipster below me puts ominous wind/ silver wind special scizor trash let me just warn you that sucks)

Last edited:
Sword Rest/Talk Scizor

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 152 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch/Bug Bite
- Rest
- Sleep Talk/Bug Bite

This is a terrible set I came up with to utilize scizor. This set is basically a terrible more offensive version of the common crocune sets for special mons. This set basically gets walled by anything with fire, water types, fire types, steel types, strong mons with specs/special attack. This set basically will prevent scizor from getting burns which is great.

Last edited:
Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Superpower
Cookie Cutter Scarf Scizor but hey it is effective. It outruns Torn-T and can u-turn out. Outspeeding Zam is great. Overall this is the genesect replacement (albeit not a full replacement lol) but it puts in work I swear.
EDIT: You can also run Aerial Ace over superpower bc fuck gallade. That actually makes this a solid wincon vs fighting on steel teams, so watch out :P

(and b4 some hipster below me puts ominous wind/ silver wind special scizor trash let me just warn you that sucks)
Since you're running Aerial Ace, won't Technician be better than Swarm?

Double Dance M-Scizor

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Superpower/Bullet Punch/Metal Claw
- Bug Bite

Yo Azelea here with the newest innovation. I came up with this when i saw Agility on its movepool, it made me realize that i could finally counter those annoying Scarf Zone's with hp fire. This set gives no mercy after u got both boosts up its literally over. You could ask me why in the world does it have agility or are you high Azelea. To those people im gonna answer: This set is gucci.
Good team mates:

Klefki, Bronzong, Heatran, Galvantula, Shuckle.

Threats and Counters:

There is none. if you loose while using this cash set it means u should play more. lol :)(:

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
Sword Rest/Talk Scizor

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 152 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch/Bug Bite
- Rest
- Sleep Talk/Bug Bite

This is a terrible set I came up with to utilize scizor. This set is basically a terrible more offensive version of the common crocune sets for special mons. This set basically gets walled by anything with fire, water types, fire types, steel types, strong mons with specs/special attack. This set basically will prevent scizor from getting burns which is great.
Roost is like a ton more reliable, takes only one move slot, and doesn't rely on luck to make the move you wish to make.

Sorry :s

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
Double BP Scizor

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 54 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Bullet Punch
Its Zylkaz here with this cash bp set on bug and steel teams for Scizor. SD Boosts Scizor's attack and Aglity boost speed. Bullet Punch is just there to be there. Baton Pass. On Bug Team you would baton pass it into Mega Herracross 6-0ing the Meta with this cash set. On steel something like Bisharp or a Life Orb Exacadrill or even the just as cash Mega Aggron works as well. Way better than Suspense Baton Pass I swear
You can no longer pass stat boosts along a Speed stat boost.

Proof when you try to search/start a battle with this set:
- undefined can Baton Pass both Speed and a different stat, which is banned by Baton Pass Clause.

Sorry :/

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Double Dance M-Scizor

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Superpower/Bullet Punch/Metal Claw
- Bug Bite

Yo Azelea here with the newest innovation. I came up with this when i saw Agility on its movepool, it made me realize that i could finally counter those annoying Scarf Zone's with hp fire. This set gives no mercy after u got both boosts up its literally over. You could ask me why in the world does it have agility or are you high Azelea. To those people im gonna answer: This set is gucci.
Good team mates:

Klefki, Bronzong, Heatran, Galvantula, Shuckle.

Threats and Counters:

There is none. if you loose while using this cash set it means u should play more. lol :)(:
I was actually talking about this set in chat after the link was posted. It's literally such a great set.

Scizor @ Occa Berry/Leftovers/Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Superpower
- Roost

With Scizor's already beast attack, it doesn't really need that much invested into it. This set focuses on being able to let scizor set up a swords dance and then sweep everything. Occa Berry is useful for letting scizor survive those nasty fire attacks that threaten it's types severally, but Leftovers and Scizorite are also available options. Bullet Punch is for the priority and Technician boost, Bug bite is useful for Technician boost and STAB, but Superpower is also an option for taking down pokemon that would bulk this set, such as Heatran and Magnezone. Finally, Roost is for healing up damage Scizor has taken. Good pokemon to use with this set are any type of Stealth Rocker and Rock type for taking out Fire Types.

252+ SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Occa Berry Scizor: 240-284 (69.7 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Occa Berry Scizor: 180-212 (52.3 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scizor @ Occa Berry/Leftovers/Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Superpower
- Roost

With Scizor's already beast attack, it doesn't really need that much invested into it. This set focuses on being able to let scizor set up a swords dance and then sweep everything. Occa Berry is useful for letting scizor survive those nasty fire attacks that threaten it's types severally, but Leftovers and Scizorite are also available options. Bullet Punch is for the priority and Technician boost, Bug bite is useful for Technician boost and STAB, but Superpower is also an option for taking down pokemon that would bulk this set, such as Heatran and Magnezone. Finally, Roost is for healing up damage Scizor has taken. Good pokemon to use with this set are any type of Stealth Rocker and Rock type for taking out Fire Types.

252+ SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Occa Berry Scizor: 240-284 (69.7 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Occa Berry Scizor: 180-212 (52.3 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
What exactly can you do the Magnezone or Heatran after surviving those attacks?
Scizor is kinda slower so all they need to do is click their fire move again, unless you already have a boost and survive the fire move and click superpower but still but scizor already has teammates for that called Heatran (for steel) and Bulkarona (bug).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)