Monotype Next Best Thing

What exactly can you do the Magnezone or Heatran after surviving those attacks?
Scizor is kinda slower so all they need to do is click their fire move again, unless you already have a boost and survive the fire move and click superpower but still but scizor already has teammates for that called Heatran (for steel) and Bulkarona (bug).
Superpower ohko's Magnezone without Sturdy, and for Heatran it can get it below Half, but again you can always use Bulkarona to check Heatran, if it for some reason had HP Ground.

Defensive Check Scizor (For Steel)
This is a set I made primarily to beat one of Steel's lesser enjoyed matchups, Fighting. I am not, in any way, advising use for countering Fighting completely over Skarmory, but simply adding a set that will help with the weakness. This set may be used for countering threats of most types (except fire/electric), but also not advised over designated checks/counters. This is mainly for huge threats to Steel, and most of them will get killed with an Aerial Ace/BP combo.
Scarf Keldeo:
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Mega Scizor: 133-157 (38.6 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO , 252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Mega Scizor: 100-118 (29 - 34.3%) -- 3.7% chance to 3HKO
Specs Keldeo: 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Mega Scizor: 198-234 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO ,
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Mega Scizor: 150-177 (43.6 - 51.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO
CM Keldeo: +1 252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Mega Scizor: 150-177 (43.6 - 51.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO , +1 252 SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Mega Scizor: 144-171 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Scarf Terrakion: 252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Mega Scizor: 142-168 (41.2 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO , 252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Mega Scizor: 118-139 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Mega-Gallade: 252 Atk Mega Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Mega Scizor: 169-201 (49.1 - 58.4%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO
Mega-Medicham: 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Mega Scizor: 280-331 (81.3 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EV's: 252 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
-Aerial Ace
-U-turn/Defog/Knock Off

This set can definitely be configured to fight more of what you need to counter, for physical mons use max hp 216 or max defense. You can't really use it recklessly , as the calcs above show Mega Scizor really doesn't take these attacks like they're nothing, but takes them better than most. For the moves, Bullet Punch is the standard technician boosted priority move Scizor loves to run, is great for picking off weakened foes or pokemon weak to steel attacks. Roost is for healing, which you really need on this set. Aerial Ace is there to do considerable damage to the fighting types who can shrug off a BP and kill Scizor, like Keldeo. The last move is really filler, U-turn for pivoting, Knock Off for taking away items, and Defog for removing hazards, preventing the team from taking unnecessary damage from entry hazards.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Hey its truedrew coming in with a scizor which is innovation for days. I call it ROF

ROF (Scizor) @ Micle Berry/Apicot Berry
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/ Roost
- Superpower/ Aerial Ace
- Natural Gift
- Bullet Punch

So the premise behind this set is to lure in some of steels biggest threats that can switch in on scizor with impunity and set up all over it and sweep its team. Some of these threats include mega charizad y, volcarona, heatran and remove them from the field. This not only eases pressure on heatran, it allows for steel to play more openly vs opposing steel/fire types (granted steel vs fire is anyways borked but removing opposing zard y/heatrans eases pressure immensely) it also is a great WTF set to mess with your opponents mental state thus immediately putting you into the lead.
Micle berry gives you a 100 base rock type move which with the given EVE's always 0hkos zard y and volcarona 100% of the time and allows your team to win ezpz. Apicot berry can be used as a 100% chance to KO heatran (non balloon). The given eves give you some bulk while max speed is to beat those specs zones on the switch as well as slow heatran. If using apicot berry then aerial ace still allows you to hit volc/zard for decent damage and it helps vs fighting as well. Jolly can be made adamant for more power and SD can be replaced with roost if you really are heat. Lastly this scizor really enjoys chip damage like SR and spikes as it can then KO heatran on the switch with jolly super power. Remember to use this set when you are feeling a loss of innovation or just got inspired by heatah fajita.

Calcs:
104 Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Volcarona: 420-496 (112.6 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
104 Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 368-436 (98.6 - 116.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (BP+NG kill)
104 Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 480-568 (133.3 - 157.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
104 Atk Apicot Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Ground) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 376-444 (97.6 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (BP +NG or SR+ NG)

Hey its truedrew coming in with a scizor which is innovation for days. I call it ROF

ROF (Scizor) @ Micle Berry/Apicot Berry
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/ Roost
- Superpower/ Aerial Ace
- Natural Gift
- Bullet Punch

So the premise behind this set is to lure in some of steels biggest threats that can switch in on scizor with impunity and set up all over it and sweep its team. Some of these threats include mega charizad y, volcarona, heatran and remove them from the field. This not only eases pressure on heatran, it allows for steel to play more openly vs opposing steel/fire types (granted steel vs fire is anyways borked but removing opposing zard y/heatrans eases pressure immensely) it also is a great WTF set to mess with your opponents mental state thus immediately putting you into the lead.
Micle berry gives you a 100 base rock type move which with the given EVE's always 0hkos zard y and volcarona 100% of the time and allows your team to win ezpz. Apicot berry can be used as a 100% chance to KO heatran (non balloon). The given eves give you some bulk while max speed is to beat those specs zones on the switch as well as slow heatran. If using apicot berry then aerial ace still allows you to hit volc/zard for decent damage and it helps vs fighting as well. Jolly can be made adamant for more power and SD can be replaced with roost if you really are heat. Lastly this scizor really enjoys chip damage like SR and spikes as it can then KO heatran on the switch with jolly super power. Remember to use this set when you are feeling a loss of innovation or just got inspired by heatah fajita.

Calcs:
104 Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Volcarona: 420-496 (112.6 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
104 Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 368-436 (98.6 - 116.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (BP+NG kill)
104 Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 480-568 (133.3 - 157.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
104 Atk Apicot Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Ground) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 376-444 (97.6 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (BP +NG or SR+ NG)
That's a pretty cool set, I don't see it checking volc since there are variants that do run max speed, Heatran however, with max speed, that can be a really unexpected way to take it out. I'd slash on U Turn since now your running max speed, you can take more advantage of pivoting out, and, Bug Bite if you just want a secondary stab. Otherwise, I'll 2nd that set, definatley :)

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Yeah these sets aren't effective lures if you get out sped and killed. The only natural gift I would consider is electric for guqrados, which otherwise beats you. Might work with webs up though.

Double Dance M-Scizor

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Superpower/Bullet Punch/Metal Claw
- Bug Bite

Yo Azelea here with the newest innovation. I came up with this when i saw Agility on its movepool, it made me realize that i could finally counter those annoying Scarf Zone's with hp fire. This set gives no mercy after u got both boosts up its literally over. You could ask me why in the world does it have agility or are you high Azelea. To those people im gonna answer: This set is gucci.
Good team mates:

Klefki, Bronzong, Heatran, Galvantula, Shuckle.

Threats and Counters:

There is none. if you loose while using this cash set it means u should play more. lol :)(:
God damn so much cash, might as well be a bank

hey there, Thimo here with another innovative set :]

Scizor @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Endure
- Agility
- Reversal

With this set you set an Agility, boosting your speed. Whilst boosting your Speed, you try to bait a switch out to something with a Fire move, like Heatran. This is where you click Endure. You live the hit and it also activates the Weakness Policy. Giving you +2 Atk, Sp. Atk and Speed. This is where you go use Reversal, at +2 Atk and 1 HP you're gonna deal some heavy damage. Reversal has 200 Base Power, and that's not a joke. If they go to Bisharp or something to go Sucker Punch, you can Baton Pass the stat boosts to an ally. Giving the receiver the +2 Atk, Sp. Atk and Speed. This set works well against Steel teams (once Doublade and other Scizor are out), and Rock teams with Fire Blast Tyranitar.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
hey there, Thimo here with another innovative set :]

Scizor @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Endure
- Agility
- Reversal

With this set you set an Agility, boosting your speed. Whilst boosting your Speed, you try to bait a switch out to something with a Fire move, like Heatran. This is where you click Endure. You live the hit and it also activates the Weakness Policy. Giving you +2 Atk, Sp. Atk and Speed. This is where you go use Reversal, at +2 Atk and 1 HP you're gonna deal some heavy damage. Reversal has 200 Base Power, and that's not a joke. If they go to Bisharp or something to go Sucker Punch, you can Baton Pass the stat boosts to an ally. Giving the receiver the +2 Atk, Sp. Atk and Speed. This set works well against Steel teams (once Doublade and other Scizor are out), and Rock teams with Fire Blast Tyranitar.
This set is banned due to Baton Pass clause: you cannot bring a pokemon that can baton pass both speed and another stat at once, which this can via agility and weakness policy. Also, light metal would be a better ability due to the occasional low kick and the fact that it's never going to be using reversal while under 60 base power.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Voting for Truedew's Nature's Gift (ROF) set.

[12:33] +Rei:you can tell how hard i'm trying
[12:33] +Rei:to force innovation
[12:34] +Rei:by the fact when i type bulbapedia
[12:34] +Rei:the first drop down
[12:34] +Rei:is natural gift's page

sauce

This set is banned due to Baton Pass clause: you cannot bring a pokemon that can baton pass both speed and another stat at once, which this can via agility and weakness policy. Also, light metal would be a better ability due to the occasional low kick and the fact that it's never going to be using reversal while under 60 base power.
You can baton pass the agility or the weakness policy alone, so stfu :] then i prefer technician because if reversal is under 60 bp u can grab some kos
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Reversal (40 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 292-344 (107.3 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You can baton pass the agility or the weakness policy alone, so stfu :] then i prefer technician because if reversal is under 60 bp u can grab some kos
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Reversal (40 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 292-344 (107.3 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
1) That is very disrespectful; he's trying to help.
2) It IS banned because it's POSSIBLE to do so. You cannot regulate what people will/will not do in battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)