Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Agility
- Thunderbolt / Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Heat Wave

Yep. Double Dance Zapdos. Well, kinda. Agility boosts speed, Charge Beam raises special attack (not guaranteed but you're likely to get a boost after using it once) Anyway, Zapdos has pretty nice bulk which allows it a few turns to set up while its offensive stats aren't bad, at 125 / 100. Thunderbolt for STAB, HP Ice or Heat Wave for coverage. Thunderbolt can be replaced with roost if you want recovery and don't mind having a weaker STAB in charge beam. Hope you guys like the set n_n

Air Jak

Banned deucer.
Choice Banded Zapdos- Psychic Killer and Special Wall Destroyer

Zapdos @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Drill Peck
- Wild Charge
- Steel Wing / Giga Impact

When you look at electric, do you always go "Damn, Special Walls really screw me over, My Electric has almost no physical offense, I get walled by mega venusaur." Well Say no more, because amazing zapdos set is the answer to all your problems in the meta for your electric team. Banded Zapdos takes care of the special walls against some of the common types played in the monotype meta game such as Psychic, Flying, and Normal. U-Turn is to gain momentum and complete the infamous Volt Turn Core for electric. Wild Charge is your primary STAB move used to hit threats really hard such as Sp.Def Zapdos, Chansey, Assault Vest Meloetta, and more. Drill Peck is arguably Electrics new best answer against Mega Venusaur, as it can 2hko it with banded drill peck.
Steel Wing just makes the match up vs fairy more favorable. Giga Impact is the most powerful move zapdos has and gets a kill regardless because it's fire. Hope you guys like the set :D

(mega venusaur calc 252 Atk Choice Band Zapdos Drill Peck vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 192-228 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

Also shoutout to Mega Pika and Septicus for the Steel Wing, and Azelea, Cnorth26, and Perish Song me For the Giga Impact.

Last edited:
Charged Up Zapdos

Zapdos @ Kee Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Charge Beam
- Charge
- Roost
- Heat Wave/Hidden Power [Water/Grass/Ice]/Baton Pass

Hey everyone, here's an innovative Zapdos set. Charge raises Special Defense while at the same time boost Charge Beam for the next turn. You have the chance of Charge Beam boosting your Special Attack which is nice. Roost is there for recovery and for the last move you can choose Heat Wave for Steel types, Hidden Power Water/Grass/Ice is there for Ground coverage. Water beats Excadrill and Camerupt, Grass beats Gastrodon, Seismitoad and Lanturn on Water which is nice. Ice beats Garchomp, Landorus and helps against Dragon. Baton Pass if you feel like Baton Passing all the boosts you've obtained and could help if you're Badly Poisoned. Kee Berry is my item choice as its a Defense Boost which helps alot. The Defense Boost can also be Baton Passed.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Rock Slide vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 148-176 (38.6 - 45.9%)
0 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 150-176 (39.1 - 45.9%)
252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 174-206 (45.4 - 53.7%) (This is easy to stall with the Pressure Ability)
4 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 174-206 (45.4 - 53.7%) (Same as above)

Last edited:
Choice Banded Zapdos- Psychic Killer and Special Wall Destroyer

Zapdos @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Drill Peck
- Wild Charge
- Steel Wing / Giga Impact

When you look at electric, do you always go "Damn, Special Walls really screw me over, My Electric has almost no physical offense, I get walled by mega venusaur." Well Say no more, because amazing zapdos set is the answer to all your problems in the meta for your electric team. Banded Zapdos takes care of the special walls against some of the common types played in the monotype meta game such as Psychic, Flying, and Normal. U-Turn is to gain momentum and complete the infamous Volt Turn Core for electric. Wild Charge is your primary STAB move used to hit threats really hard such as Sp.Def Zapdos, Chansey, Assault Vest Meloetta, and more. Drill Peck is arguably Electrics new best answer against Mega Venusaur, as it can 2hko it with banded drill peck.
Steel Wing just makes the match up vs fairy more favorable. Giga Impact is the most powerful move zapdos has and gets a kill regardless because it's fire. Hope you guys like the set :D

(mega venusaur calc 252 Atk Choice Band Zapdos Drill Peck vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 192-228 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

Also shoutout to Mega Pika and Septicus for the Steel Wing, and Azelea, Cnorth26, and Perish Song me For the Giga Impact.
This thing went straight to my Electric team. #VenuCounter

Cell

Birth By Sleep
MPL Champion
Double Dance Zapdos

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Agility
- Thunderbolt / Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Heat Wave

Yep. Double Dance Zapdos. Well, kinda. Agility boosts speed, Charge Beam raises special attack (not guaranteed but you're likely to get a boost after using it once) Anyway, Zapdos has pretty nice bulk which allows it a few turns to set up while its offensive stats aren't bad, at 125 / 100. Thunderbolt for STAB, HP Ice or Heat Wave for coverage. Thunderbolt can be replaced with roost if you want recovery and don't mind having a weaker STAB in charge beam. Hope you guys like the set n_n
That isn't double dance!

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus
Confide Toxic Stall Zapdos

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Confide
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Hey guys! Zarif here with the newest game breaking set! You guys know how Electric has a hard time against Special Attackers such as Keldeo,Mega Gardevoir, Meloetta etc. You've probably looked far and wide for an answer to these monsters, but look no further! With Confide Zapdos, Zapdos can easily beat any of those pokemon a 1v1 by decreasing their Special Attack! With Toxic, you can get some damage on the pokemon overtime while Confide Roosting! This set also goes out to my good friend Electric Apples as he once said Victini's Special Variant completely beats Electric! This set helps out with that too! I got your back bud~

Shout out to Mega Pika for inspiring me with his Confide Sableye set and Jak and Azelea for helping me with the set :D

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Oh man oh man not again! These cash sets inspired me to innovate into the next world with this set
Sound of solitude

CASHDOS (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 172 Def / 80 SpA / 104 SpD
Modest Nature
- Metal Sound
- Roost
- Discharge/Thunderbolt
- Air Cutter/Heat Wave/HP grass or ice

What does this thing do?
Well the premise of this set is simple: get up SR with stunfisk and then play mind games with the opponent as they struggle to tank any of these hits after that sexy -2 sp.def drop. This set easily beats steel (remove exca) and can demolish normal/grass as well. The premise is really simple: switch into a mon u shit on, use metal sound as the "counter" comes in then proceed to spam discharge/air cutter for some clutch hax. 30%>100% and air cutter can crit + thram mega venu. This set is ideal vs many weaker matchups for electric (ground/grass/normal/) to name a few. With hazard stacking on flying this can actually act as an efficient para shuffler. The eves allow it to tank a wide amount of moves while still retaining a good offensive presence.

~~Truedrew~~

Reactions: Zar
Okay Okay! I see you all with your Cash Money sets! But let me bring it down to a more, practical Approach:

Barian-dos:
Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 104 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Charge Beam
- Air Cutter
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Now, you may all ask, what does this set do? Well, this is a Set that I found to work on BOTH ELECTRIC AND FLYING TEAMS. With 70% Chance, Charge beam will almost boost your special attack on Zapdos, causing it to increase Higher and higher. Mega Venusaur is a switch in? No I don't think so. +1 Air cutter does More then half, and it either dies, or is forced out into another Pokemon. What if I run into something that Walls this set to no end? Now its just trash! Negative, for this reason Baton Pass is the perfect last slot, as it makes it a good pivot, AND gives Zapdos the ability to Baton pass it's stats onto another special attacker such as Charizard mega Y on flying, or Thundurus on electric, to get wall breaking and hard hitting results.
EV Spread: Most Zapdos's on electric are Defensive and on flying they are spD. So what I did was mix the EVS up so that I could have the best of both world, so I wouldn't have to Switch EVS for each team. 104 SpD Makes it so that Zapdos can live a Life orb Thunderbolt from Thundurus, while still Keeping its' defensive bulk to tank rock slides from Excadrill, and Knock off's from Bisharp (after item removal). The 16 speed evs are to outspeed other Zapdos's, as well ad Adamant Bisharp.
Conclusion: Hope you all liked my daily piece of creativity. If you need me I usually hang out in the Monotype room to tutor new, or unfamiliar players. ~Pk

Last edited:
Toxic Stall Zapdos... With a twist.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd OR 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Sky Drop

Basically this set is used to whittle your opponent's HP with Toxic and Sky Drop. During Sky Drop, your opponent will take Toxic damage and will also be unable to attack. This enables you to recover a bit of your HP with Leftovers without taking damage. Also, Roost and Sub are there to take hits and, of course, recover HP during your Toxic stall. The first EV spread can be used for a bulkier Zapdos, while the second can be used if you want to maximize Sky Drop's potential.

This set is especially useful on electric. In my experience, Chansey vs. electric sucks. But, this Zapdos set should help you take care of bulkier, slower mons. :)

No one's voted yet, so allow me to post an amazing set that I have used to demolish several opposing trainers during the vast amount of time I have spent honing my skills in this illustrious tier.

Zapdos @ Sticky Barb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef / 0 Spd
-Tailwind
-Sandstorm
-Mimic
-Sleep Talk

This Zapdos is the ultimate team supporter. It has the ability to set up Tailwind for one of its teammates, allowing that Pokemon to sweep without fear of being slower than the opposition. Sandstorm and Sticky Barb allow Zapdos to slowly whittle its own HP down, allowing the user to use Tailwind when the time is right, thus allowing the user to maximize the amount of turns their next Pokemon will be able to bask in the glory of the move. The EV spread and nature also help with this goal. Sandstorm also has the added benefit of being able to wear down the opposition and get KOes on Focus Sash users. Mimic is an extremely useful move in the 3rd slot, as it allows Zapdos to copy Explosion or other suicidal moves from enemy Azelf and the like, allowing it to more easily rid the field of its presence. Lastly, Sleep Talk allows Zapdos to set up Tailwind and then disappear from play should the opponent attempt to put it to sleep and set up on it. This Zapdos works especially great as the 2nd to last Pokemon on your team, as after it sets up Tailwind and perishes, the opponent will not be able to phaze your last Pokemon out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)