Team Monotype Premier League III Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to distract from some amazing posts but are the tiers already set/can we do something about bo3 mono? It's already a team tournament, what's the point in making one slot 3 games? It's not a tradition thing since last MPL had a bunch of OMs instead, it's just a way to make one person prep two more teams, and it's incredibly weird to see. The only precedent I can think of is RBY in SPL which is supposed to be bc less competitive or something, but it's not like bo3 eliminates team matchup dynamics and all the other non-monothreat slots don't seem to care about the issue so is there any reason other than "3 bo1 sm mono slots sounded boring"?
Tiers are pretty much set unless there's serious opposition; MPL is a tour for the community, so I don't mind changing things, but the managers voted strongly in favor of it as a whole over another standard SM slot. As a result, I wouldn't count on it.

Last MPL, we had a bunch of OMs and a lot of people actually disliked a lot of them. Furthermore, excluding "Monotype's OM" Monothreat, no Mono OM is actually active this year. Even Monotype AAA hasn't even had a room tour since SM began.

People like playing and watching best-of-three series, especially when it's an admittedly more matchup-based format like Monotype. It's more interesting as a whole. 3 SM wasn't a "boring" idea, having a best-of-three series is just more entertaining. We also considered a best-of-three with SM / ORAS / BW, but ended up not going with that in the end because it'd be pretty hard to draft for and it seemed like a less appealing option when we considered how to incorporate it into the other seven metagames.

I'm not an expert on NU, so someone else can talk about how it worked or whether it went well or not, but I was told after that NUPL also had a best-of-three slot.

Thanks for your concern!

Lilymoding

formerly Kyosuru Jets
Actual live footage of the Blackthorn Bucks running away with the MPL III trophy

Yeah im leaving this tour i thought the prize would be at least 2% milk not this almond crap almonds cant even make milk its just an excuse to not say nut juice and sorry but im not competing for nut juice
But now that I know that the prize is nut juice I truly cant see anybody EXCEPT for the Blackthorn Bucks winning. grats :))

E:
the gifs are the only reason ive been playing this game for 4 years

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things:
1. People bet money on this? Like, real money?
2. I haven't been on PS! very long, so I havent got the chance to get a good rating, or COIL or whatevs. Can I still sign up for the tour?

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Two things:
1. People bet money on this? Like, real money?
2. I haven't been on PS! very long, so I havent got the chance to get a good rating, or COIL or whatevs. Can I still sign up for the tour?
1. I wouldn't be surprised if someone bet money on an MPL battle at one point, but in general no. Betting money on pokemon is stupid and not at all sanctioned by smogon.

2. You're welcome to sign up for the tour no matter what your skill level is. Just be warned that you won't be drafted unless the managers know who you are, so try to make a name for yourself. Win room tours and maybe ask some managers if they'll let you try out.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
When will the Monothreat schedule be released?
According to Eien , the Monothreat schedule will not be available before future rounds so that each tier can have a fair amount of prepping time. For example, round 4's type will not be made public until week 4 starts. My best tip is to make as many team types as possible. This can potentially change but this is where it stands now.

Ah, i thought bcuz there was like: FillerUsername bought by FillerTeamName for 8200
That was part of a mock draft we did. The way the tour works is players sign up and teams buy players to play for them. That's what's going on in that line. Team X is buying player Y for Z dollars. We call it dollars but it's just pretend money that everyone is allocated.

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus
Attention fellow Monotype players, as you may have already known, Blackthorn Bucks is easily the best team and only worthwhile team to be on. We have the best team name and easily the best managers. Amazing user and fantastic artist Chras agreed on this and decided that a team of such honor and standard should have an incredible logo as well. After an endless amount of work, he finally finished his masterpiece. Before I unveil, remember to tell Chras he's awesome! And someone give him his Artist badge already.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Attention fellow Monotype players, as you may have already known, Blackthorn Bucks is easily the best team and only worthwhile team to be on. We have the best team name and easily the best managers. Amazing user and fantastic artist Chras agreed on this and decided that a team of such honor and standard should have an incredible logo as well. After an endless amount of work, he finally finished his masterpiece. Before I unveil, remember to tell Chras he's awesome! And someone give him his Artist badge already.

Don't get me wrong, Chras. The logo is badass, but I'm disappointed it doesn't look more like the Starbucks logo

This just leaked after hours of searching with Omega-Xis and Beta. We looked for days for the rare and mysterious song of Arifeens's people and we finally found it. We went in to the local curry joint and thank god Saddam was there we told him that code word "spicy hot fire curry, pick up for Sadia" he let us to a back room and he pulled up an old CD ROM tattered and warn from it's overuse just with one label on it. Arifeen and Lax's fire mixtape there was only one song on it and it was something, here is a first look at Arifeens's mixtape.

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
This just leaked after hours of searching with Omega-Xis and Beta. We looked for days for the rare and mysterious song of Arifeens's people and we finally found it. We went in to the local curry joint and thank god Saddam was there we told him that code word "spicy hot fire curry, pick up for Sadia" he let us to a back room and he pulled up an old CD ROM tattered and warn from it's overuse just with one label on it. Arifeen and Lax's fire mixtape there was only one song on it and it was something, here is a first look at Arifeens's mixtape.
why does that have 8k views LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)