Resource Monotype SM Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
image.jpg

Druddigon (Dragon): D ---> Unranked

I know it seems stupid to make a new viability ranking nomination right before USUM, but I feel like I can make an exception here, since I doubt anything in USUM will make Druddigon better. Before you say "oh you don't understand its niche", do not fret, for I have asked in the Monotype chat room before making this post what Druddigon's niche over Garchomp and other physically offensive Dragons is. By the time our little discussion was over, we could barely come up with anything. It's stats are worse than Garchomp in every area except Special Defense, which is off-shot by its way worse HP stat. Pure Dragon does not pack the offensive and defensive utility that types like Dragon/Fairy and Dragon/Ground do. In the end, the only tangible niche we could come up with was access to Sheer Force Gunk Shot, or just Gunk Shot on its own. In my opinion, this niche is worthless for two reasons:

1. Dragon already has a pretty bad match-up against Fairy. Why would you use such a otherwise horrible Pokemon to have a small chance to so slightly better? If you wanna improve the Fairy match-up, just run Dragalge, or the upcoming Naganadel.

2. Gunk Shot can't even do it's job well. Look at the Fairy VR. Azumarill (yes, AZUMARILL), Tapu Bulu, Mega Diancie, Togekiss and Tapu Koko (along with almost everything else on Fairy) outspeed and KO Druddigon with their Fairy STABs, and Klefki is immune to Gunk Shot and can set up screens in the face of Fire Punch.

tl;dr why is druddigon a thing lmao

View attachment 91075
Druddigon (Dragon): D ---> Unranked

I know it seems stupid to make a new viability ranking nomination right before USUM, but I feel like I can make an exception here, since I doubt anything in USUM will make Druddigon better. Before you say "oh you don't understand its niche", do not fret, for I have asked in the Monotype chat room before making this post what Druddigon's niche over Garchomp and other physically offensive Dragons is. By the time our little discussion was over, we could barely come up with anything. It's stats are worse than Garchomp in every area except Special Defense, which is off-shot by its way worse HP stat. Pure Dragon does not pack the offensive and defensive utility that types like Dragon/Fairy and Dragon/Ground do. In the end, the only tangible niche we could come up with was access to Sheer Force Gunk Shot, or just Gunk Shot on its own. In my opinion, this niche is worthless for two reasons:

1. Dragon already has a pretty bad match-up against Fairy. Why would you use such a otherwise horrible Pokemon to have a small chance to so slightly better? If you wanna improve the Fairy match-up, just run Dragalge, or the upcoming Naganadel.

2. Gunk Shot can't even do it's job well. Look at the Fairy VR. Azumarill (yes, AZUMARILL), Tapu Bulu, Mega Diancie, Togekiss and Tapu Koko (along with almost everything else on Fairy) outspeed and KO Druddigon with their Fairy STABs, and Klefki is immune to Gunk Shot and can set up screens in the face of Fire Punch.

tl;dr why is druddigon a thing lmao
it has Glare and Stealth Rock. Those aren't very good of a niche, but still niche nonetheless.
I don't think anyone would use this pokemon as an attacker to be honest. It's just a bad offensive pokemon.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
it has Glare and Stealth Rock. Those aren't very good of a niche, but still niche nonetheless.
I don't think anyone would use this pokemon as an attacker to be honest. It's just a bad offensive pokemon.
Actually, all it has is Glare. Garchomp gets Stealth Rock.

I mean... Glare is D worthy, I guess? Still not convinced. After all, what are the chances of getting it off on anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)