Monotype Teambuilding Competition V2 Cycle 16 - Infernape + Fletchinder [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Recover
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Focus Blast

Roserade @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
- Extrasensory

Coming Soon

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Recover

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore
- Encore

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leaf Storm
- Pain Split

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Cradily is the main pokemon on the team to help against both Bug and Fire because of the move Stealth Rock. Like most of the criticisms for my team, everyone says the team is weak to Fire but once the Stealth Rock goes up Celebi and Whimsicott can help finish the rest if everything goes right. Cradily is also the only pokemo that can beat the Heatran on a Steel Monotype team with the Earthquake as most Heatran will not stay in against a Celebi and the rest lose to it. Cradily is a valuable pokemon and a must use for the team.
- Mega Abomasnow is the defeater of Flying Monotype teams, outside of Skarmory's. You do not usually see Mega Abomasnow because of the really low speed and not many other pokemon to take advantage of the possible Trick Room team. The SD Physical set was chosen because as the team progresses, the team needed a more offensive physical pokemon. Lastly, Mega Abo is the only pokemon on the team to use a priority move because there is no Shiftry or something like that.
- Whimsicott was chosen because most of the Grass teams that have been made are extremely weak to both Dark and Fighting teams, mainly Fighting. The Pixie Plate is the favorite item for the team because it gives the main move a boost in power while being able to use Stun Spore if needed. Whimsicott may not look useful offensively against Fire Monotype but using Stun Spore helps a lot because of the amount of faster pokemon people typically use. Giga Drain is there for the recovery and the STAB Grass type move.
- This Celebi set is what I have been using since the beginning of X/Y to help against Steel, Poison, etc.. and has proven its worth. Leaf Storm can be switched out with Giga Drain if the user wanted a healing option to keep Celebi in a little longer due to the fact of the Life Orb. This pokemon may not be as valuable as Whimsicott for using against fighting but it is still nice to have nonetheless. Another option is to add Healing Wish on instead of the Hidden Power Fire so that you can replenish a much needed pokemon.
- Rotom-Cut is the Mega Pinsir check for the team. It helps prevent a sweep not only by tusing Will-o-wisp but it can also use Volt Switch to potentially knock it out for the momentum. Move threats that Rotom can help against are things like Hawlucha which can not defeat Rotom in one shot unless the situation is really poor. Pain Split is only here to gain back some HP if needed and the Leaf Storm is there just because.
- Chesnaught is the final pokemon to go against more bulkier teams like a Normal Monotype or to use as a defensive monster against things like Dragon Monotype. Chesnaught can stall with the Leech Seed + Spiky Shield combination and can limit switch ins using Spikes. The EV spread is meant to make it more of a mixed wall to help support both the Rotom and the Cradily if either of the need help and Chesnaught can do something about it.

Thanks to Zukushiku for testing out the team!
Zukushiku vs. IdJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Poll is up right now!
Vote for ground, flying, or bug.

EDIT: According to the poll, next week's type will be BUG.

Last edited:

Seo.

iVid and Confluxx, and i totally forgot about the description sorry!

Congrats to Ticktick for winning this week's Teambuilding Competition (Again!) s/o to iVid and juleocesar for second and third place.
iVid: 5
Confluxx: 2
Dece1t: 1
Ticken: 6
Juleocesar: 4
Crimson Torrent: 2

This week's 'mons will be...
(could not find a gif, sorry)

Durant, and...

Crustle!
Durant is a powerful wallbreaker and Crustle is a strong shell-smash user.
Also, I'm making a change to the dates. Teambuilding period will now be 4 days, and voting will still be 3.
Teambuilding Deadline: 5/28
Voting Deadline: 5/31
Poll date: 5/28
Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Crustle (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Volcarona (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 48 HP / 200 Def / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Galvantula (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Forretress (M) @ Red Card
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Durant (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

Mega Pinsir is a very strong wallbreaker with a decent amount of Speed. Swords Dance helps it boost it's Attack to incredible levels and do major damage to the opposing team. Frustration and Quick Attack are Mega Pinsir's two STAB Flying moves. Quick Attack is a STAB priority move that Mega Pinsir can spam after it sets up which is why it's Adamant nature and Frustration is a very strong attack that Mega Pinsir can abuse against slower Pokemon. Close Combat is a nice coverage option that hits things that resist Mega Pinsir's STAB such as Steel and Rock types. Mega Pinsir is a great answer to Fighting which the team otherwise struggles with.

Crustle is one of the Pokemon that this core requires. A Shell Smash set doubles it's Speed and Attack, turning it into a sweeper and allowing it to take on Flying and Fire, one of Bug's weaknesses. A Lum Berry is used to cure status that could cripple it's sweep.

Volcarona is a dangerous set-up sweeper with Quiver Dance and has longevity to support the sweep thanks to Roost and it's decent bulk. HP Ground is for Heatran and Rock types. The EVs allow it to live a V-Create from Choice Scarf Victini at full.

Galvantula has the ability to set up Sticky Webs which is very nice to support the rest of the team. It has a Focus Sash so the webs are guaranteed. It's Electric typing it allow it to be a check to Flying types with it's powerful STAB Electric move Thunder which won't miss as much thanks to it's Compound Eyes ability. Hidden Power Ice is for Pokemon that are x4 weak to it, as they usually deal with Galvantula quite well. These include Landorus, Gliscor and Garchomp.

Forretress is a bulky hazard stacker with access to Stealth Rock and Spikes and also serves a Rapid Spin user which Bug really appreciates. Volt Switch is for gaining momentum and Red Card + Sturdy allow it to stop set-up sweepers.

Durant is the second Pokemon of the core. It's decent Attack stat combined with Hustle allow it to hit very hard. Iron Head and X-Scissor are it's two STAB moves which it can spam unless there's a Pokemon that resists them in which is why Superpower and Rock Slide are there. It's a Choice Scarf variant that checks faster threats to Bug or set-up sweepers such as Mega Gyarados which Choice Scarf Durant outspeeds at +1 and kills it with X-Scissor.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet / Red Card
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 32 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Energy Ball / Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

This oddly enough was a team I had prior to this being released (although Fluxx and I have similar mons, a few of them are pretty different).

Druant (aka Kevin) is a pretty underrated mon (even though the accuracy drop from Hustle can be annoying). Thanks to Choice Scarf it sits at a pretty good speed tier, and its attack boosted by Hustle is no laughing matter. Iron Head and X-Scissor are your main STABs. Rock Slide is able to check Victini after SR, as well as Mega Charizard Y and +1 Volcarona. Superpower is to hit Steel (primarily Heatran) that resist the other 3 attacks).

Crustle I decided to take a different route. Lab8 Moth had a similar set on his Bug Team, so I decided to snatch it to use here. It's my SR setter, and a general check to physical threats. Once Crustle is below 25% (typically activating Sturdy to allow it to live with 1 HP), Custap Berry activates, so it has +1 priority on any attack the next turn, which can be rpetty handy. Knock Off is for general utility, and as the name implies, Knocks Off items (this is where Custap comes in handy the most).

Mega Pinsir was the Mega I decided to use early on. Since I'm not running Sticky Webs, I preferred to have someone fast, and I don't want to run Scizor because I already have Durant and Forretress (I also wanted solid priority). Pinsir is incredibly strong, sitting at a fair speed tier upon Mega Evolution, and Aerialate gives it reliable Flying STABs in its artillery. The reason I didn't wanna run Moxie, was because I already had SD, and mons with intimidate like to switch into it (namely Lando-T) and take a weakened attack. Hyper Cutter prevents attack drops, so I opted for that. Close Combat is used over EQ because I needed another Fighting STAB, and I also wanted a mon that could threaten Rock, since I'm lacking Heracross.

Forretress is my physical defensive wall, and a secondary Hazard Setter. Gyro Ball is to hit mons much faster than it hard, Volt Switch is to keep momentum (its always good to keep momentum on an offensive type like Bug), Rapid Spin is to get rid of Hazards on my side (primarily SR), and Toxic Spikes is to spread the oh-so annoying Poison status (this was better to handle walls compared to Spikes).

Volcarona I'm running a pretty standard Physically Defensive set, with HP Ground for neutral coverage, and Fiery Dance as a primary STAB. Quiver Dance allows it to sweep (late game preferably), and Roost is to keep its health up while boosting. Lum Berry is to prevent it from getting statused once.

Galvantula was the last mon I decided on. I wanted a fast Special Attacker so I didn't have to rely on only Volcarona (who starts fairly slow). Yanmega I felt was too similar for Pinsir, so I opted for an Offensive Galvantula set (this is especially helpful in Flying and Water matchups). Thunder is the main STAB with ~93 accuracy thanks to Compound Eyes, and a nice chance to paralyse. Energy Ball is a reliable coverage attack that can hit Ground/Water mons super effectively (if you feel you need to, Sticky Web could be put in as opposed to that). HP Ice is to hit Garchomp, Dragonite, and Landorus 4x (and usually ensure a KO). Volt Switch allows it to keep momentum while acting as a second Electric STAB.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6ti

Durant @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Crustle @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Forretress @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Durant: With hustle this mon already hits hard but with band almost nothing is a switch in, also haveing a good speed teir out speeding base 108s.
Crustle: A good set up sweeper if used at the right time haveing Earthquake and Rock Blast make it have good coverage for threats of the type such as heatran and Most flying mons.
Forretress: A good hazard stack mon with rapid spin nice for harming verry rocks or Spikes weak mons like Charizard and Dragonite aswell as breaking sashes to threats like breloom and Infernape.
Galvantula: Having Sticky webs for this team since it isn't exactly fast baring Durant will allow my slow shell smash sweeper Crustle beat some mons it couldn't before like terrakion and Allow Slower mons like Heracross to out speed and hit mons that it couldn't with its subpar speed.
Mega-Heracross: With Bullet Seed rock blast and CC Mega hera hits alot of mons verry hard that bug doesn't like faceing Like most rock mons, Zapdos and Skarmory Who get either 2ko after rocks or get Knocked out by Bullet Seed or rock blast.
Yanmega: The core has a fighting weakness so I added a mon that can out speed most after +1 hitting them with air slash and atleast 2ko also helps beat mons that arnt effected by Sticky webs like latios and latias.

Seo.

Durant @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

Volcarona (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 200 Def / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Armaldo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Crustle (M) @ White Herb
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Gonna make these short since im on Phone.
Durant: With Hustle, its attack stat is multiplied by 1.5 and Choice band gives it a bigger damage output.
Crustle: a good shell smash sweeper, good for things like Mega Charizard Y and Heatran
Volcarona: set-up sweeper
Galvantula: Provides sticky web and helps vs water/flying
Armaldo: Hazard Setter, also helps deal with Mega Charizard, Zapdos and Volcarona
Mega Heracross: Appreciates the sticky web since its speed isnt the greatest, helps with Gastrodon and Zapdos.

Last edited:
hello here is innovative team, name of "bug team" alternatively "websless spinless dual mega bug without hera"
h

It's Venipede! (Crustle) @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

It's Hawlucha! (Durant) @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- Dig
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Hone Claws

It's Cloyster! (Volcarona) @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain

Healthy as Cigs (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

It's Excadrill! (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- X-Scissor

It's Raikou! (Galvantula) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Durant: literally the frame i saw it, i knew i had to use power herb dig because i felt that this team would be weak to heatran. i used a sub set because setting up with durant is optimal in many scenarios especially considering you have a mega scizor chilling in back.
Crustle: the optimal pick for a suicide lead, i knew i wanted to use it as a spike-stacking lead to help my trusty durant sweep. knock off for knocking off items, stone edge for stone edging things.
Volcarona: the best set for volcarona, i decided immediately that i wanted to straight up fold to offensive fire types with even a moderate amount of speed. Giga Drain no bulk was the pick!
Scizor: i decided that i wanted to use scizor on bug, it gets hte exact same support it gets on steel and its on an even better type.
Pinsir: i really wanted to win this competition so i made it dual mega. this is your electric counter because sometimes giga drain volcarona just isnt enough.
Galvantula: i realized that i didnt have any special attackers. i already had crustle for a suicide lead so i elected to use life orb 4 attacks to help with my special presence

the team in action

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-379091473

scp edit: put all those images in hide tags

Last edited:
hello here is innovative team, name of "bug team" alternatively "websless spinless dual mega bug without hera"
h

It's Venipede! (Crustle) @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

It's Hawlucha! (Durant) @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- Dig
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Hone Claws

It's Cloyster! (Volcarona) @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain

Healthy as Cigs (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

It's Excadrill! (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- X-Scissor

It's Raikou! (Galvantula) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Durant: literally the frame i saw it, i knew i had to use power herb dig because i felt that this team would be weak to heatran. i used a sub set because setting up with durant is optimal in many scenarios especially considering you have a mega scizor chilling in back.
Crustle: the optimal pick for a suicide lead, i knew i wanted to use it as a spike-stacking lead to help my trusty durant sweep. knock off for knocking off items, stone edge for stone edging things.
Volcarona: the best set for volcarona, i decided immediately that i wanted to straight up fold to offensive fire types with even a moderate amount of speed. Giga Drain no bulk was the pick!
Scizor: i decided that i wanted to use scizor on bug, it gets hte exact same support it gets on steel and its on an even better type.
Pinsir: i really wanted to win this competition so i made it dual mega. this is your electric counter because sometimes giga drain volcarona just isnt enough.
Galvantula: i realized that i didnt have any special attackers. i already had crustle for a suicide lead so i elected to use life orb 4 attacks to help with my special presence

the team in action

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-379091473

scp edit: put all those images in hide tags
I actually wanna make a quick suggestion to you. Sweeping without a means of hazard control (which Bug desperately needs bc it's weak to SR, especially Volcarona) is very hard to pull off. With that said, you may want to try an Offensive Mega Scizor set with Defog. Your lacking Fighting Coverage, so Superpower may be handy to have. Otherwise, this looks like a really fun team dude, great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)